• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragon struts into the meeting looking at all the kings and leaders and says.

"The reports of me and my organization defeat have been greatly exaggerated".
Yeah, it's gonna happen. I can totally see the sketchbook that Oda has there being about a mini-Reverie arc where we learn about the Revolutionaries.

helloooooo.jpg

I just had a random thought. Since the poneglyphs were made by the Kozuki clan, wouldn't that mean that Joy Boy was at the very least, affiliated with the Wano Kingdom? Maybe we'll get more info during that arc.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just had a random thought. Since the poneglyphs were made by the Kozuki clan, wouldn't that mean that Joy Boy was at the very least, affiliated with the Wano Kingdom? Maybe we'll get more info during that arc.

He could have been an explorer, travelling around the world. It could certainly explain it.

TheShah

tumblr_nd7az8rTkG1rg2j3ko1_500.jpg

I really hope Dragon has a Batman style entrance, gets his none of you are safe speech and bounces like a badass. Make it happen Oda.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Dragon is a master of dramatic entries and subsequent bouncing. It'll happen.

Ray Down

Banned
Yeah, it's gonna happen. I can totally see the sketchbook that Oda has there being about a mini-Reverie arc where we learn about the Revolutionaries.

Maybe, hell Oda could do anything and it will still end up better then the shitfest that was the Kage Summit.

He will come in and talk about how he will bring those like them and the royals down from there heavens and show there below the "filth". And then he and Sabo would take everyone as the Revos prisoners.

smurfx

get some go again
sRWhGRE.gif

He will come in and talk about how he will bring those like them and the royals down from there heavens and show there below the "filth". And then he and Sabo would take everyone as the Revos prisoners.
i don't see dragon trying to interact with the people at the reverie. if anything i think he would use this occasion to maybe infiltrate mariejoa and take something important. wonder if that national treasure doflamingo mentioned can be stolen. that or the revolutionaries invade multiple countries while the kings are busy at mariejoa. since we saw stelly then maybe the goa kingdom is one of those attacked.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
No longer shall I be mistaken for that imposter, Blackleg!

Oda has worked with the anime team to provide the extended flashback on Sabo's youth in Baltigo for Episode 737.
http://onepiecepodcast.com/2016/04/15/one-piece-episode-737-oda/

If I'm remembering correctly, Oda stated that he wanted to draw more of Sabo's training with the Rev Army, but didn't have enough time to do it. This seems like a fair alternative.
Psuedo-canon filler is the best filler (as proven by Naruto right now)

Majukun

Oda has worked with the anime team to provide the extended flashback on Sabo's youth in Baltigo for Episode 737.
http://onepiecepodcast.com/2016/04/15/one-piece-episode-737-oda/

If I'm remembering correctly, Oda stated that he wanted to draw more of Sabo's training with the Rev Army, but didn't have enough time to do it. This seems like a fair alternative.

well it looks more like he just added notes to avoid glaring errors (like the anime is used to do) in continuity or characterization more than having any kind of partecipation in the creation process

still better than leaving everything in the hands of the anime guys..i might watch this episode

TheFlow

Banned
The base is destroyed but I doubt they got fully rekted.

But yeses please give me a panel of dragon appearing at the reverie or someone from wano

Good thought, maybe he's the original person that was tasked with writing them?

Maybe, hell Oda could do anything and it will still end up better then the shitfest that was the Kage Summit.

Haha yeah it kinda sucked reflecting on how it ended. But I don't know if they'll go that far. I think Dragon will have an epic speech about the true nature of the WG at least.

Watch him walk in and be like "uh, hi" in classic Monkey D style.
sRWhGRE.gif

i don't see dragon trying to interact with the people at the reverie. if anything i think he would use this occasion to maybe infiltrate mariejoa and take something important. wonder if that national treasure doflamingo mentioned can be stolen. that or the revolutionaries invade multiple countries while the kings are busy at mariejoa. since we saw stelly then maybe the goa kingdom is one of those attacked.
Perhaps that could be their primary target, and Dragon simply distracts them by showing up where the main rulers are gathered.

Y'all are forgetting about the GOAT mink

--lol--
I've met my match.
I wouldn't be surprised if Joy Boy is never delved into before this series ends.
Srs? There's no way Oda would let that slide.

It was almost an afterthought when he was mentioned, and it doesn't appear to be a part of the history that's of any real consequence. So yes, srs.
How? Joyboy was the supposed author of a Poneglyph, a Poneglyph that mentions the intended purpose behind the Noah ship which we know is going to be a thing in the future.

There's no way.

dabig2

How? Joyboy was the supposed author of a Poneglyph, a Poneglyph that mentions the intended purpose behind the Noah ship which we know is going to be a thing in the future.

There's no way.

Agreed. In addition to Noah and the moving of Fishman Island to the surface, we will be hearing more about Shirahoshi's ancestry in the future, specifically her importance as a weapon, and Joyboy factors heavily into that history. Combine that with the upcoming Wano arc and Joyboy most likely being from Wano and the possibility that Kaidou now knows that Shirahoshi is a weapon...

bjork

There's no way.

tumblr_inline_n9wilmXdpo1s657hw.png

Sounds like the text is vague at best, unless Robin's suddenly going to reveal this big waterfall of details several hundred chapters later. But why would she keep it secret from Neptune?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Sounds like the text is vague at best, unless Robin's suddenly going to reveal this big waterfall of details several hundred chapters later. But why would she keep it secret from Neptune?

The reveal won't come from her, it'll be a flashback. Either told by another character that knows, or just narrated down for the reader's benefit. Part of the "what happened a thousand years ago" flashback, I reckon.

bjork

The reveal won't come from her, it'll be a flashback. Either told by another character that knows, or just narrated down for the reader's benefit. Part of the "what happened a thousand years ago" flashback, I reckon.

Oh, I'm sure it will be touched upon, but I've seen Joy Boy pointed to as some key loose end that needs to be wrapped up before the end, and I don't get that impression. If/when Joy Boy is covered, if the story is as long the flashback for someone like Tom or Fisher Tiger, color me surprised.

tumblr_inline_n9wilmXdpo1s657hw.png

I don't think Robin can figure out who Joyboy is from the Poneglyph. But just by association with the Void Century we'll probably figure out who he is. He seems to have a prominent role with Noah and it's purpose so when we learn about the Weapons or the Ancient Kingdom I won't be surprised if Joyboy is a prominent character.

Alright, time to fuck the thread up.

Last chapter it seemed like Vivi already had someone in mind to marry as opposed to arranged suitors. Assuming she just doesn't want to marry anyone, who do you think she might end up with?

I think it's a tie between Kohza or Luffy. With the Reverie coming up, it would be pretty badass to see Vivi proclaim her love for Luffy in front of everyone and would definitely hammer home the point that the strawhats have had a big impact
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
on the world.

But I think Luffy X Nami is pretty real too.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Last chapter it seemed like Vivi already had someone in mind to marry as opposed to arranged suitors. Assuming she just doesn't want to marry anyone, who do you think she might end up with?

I think it's a tie between Kohza or Luffy. With the Reverie coming up, it would be pretty badass to see Vivi proclaim her love for Luffy in front of everyone and would definitely hammer home the point that the strawhats have had a big impact
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
on the world.

...No

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
on the world.

I think Vivi doesn't want to marry anyone right now, not necessarily because she has someone in mind. Before this chapter, I used to think she would get with Kohza. 2 years would be enough time for Oda to, at least, imply their relationship but they seem to be still just friends. Luffy is an unlikely choice, since Vivi will be the future Queen of Alabasta and Luffy wants to be the Pirate King, he wants freedom, not a kingdom to rule. He would be terrible at that.

And Luffy and Nami doesn't have romantic feelings for each other, so they are, so far, an unlikely couple as well. Honestly, it's difficult to see Luffy with any girl as he doesn't care much about that stuff.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
on the world.

#ShippingCulture

Hancock won't be happy with that revelation one bit.

Ray Down

Banned

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
on the world.
6ynr00i.gif

I think its just mostly the whole process of a suitor maybe the only candidates chosen are some high class annoying WG kids, I imagine that with Vivi that she just like fuck this shit let me decide my life and what I want to do.

Plus I swear one of her cover stories like she was like in some kind of wife training.

Vivi's a player. No way she's getting tied down by one man

Or one woman ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Fine.

If Vivi were going to end up with any strawhat, it would probably be Zoro.

I imagine Zoro would fuck this up with his poor sense of direction.

Oh and I imagine that romance would be some DBZ type shit if it happens where that shit is at the very end or something where its really inconsequential mostly due to the fact I imagine that he doesn't want that shit to effect the series like Naruto or he really isn't interested in it being a major element.

I am pretty sure Vivi meant Kohza. There are all sorts of reasons why they would be a fit, particularly uniting the sides which ruptured during the civil war. Kohza is a straight up guy as well. I think the way she responded made it seem like she had someone in mind. I thought Luffy at first, but that doesn't make any sense. She sees him as an inspiration. Shirahoshi seems him as a someone dependable/friend/protector. Rebecca was inconclusive, she might do so. Hancock is the only definite.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I am pretty sure Vivi meant Kohza. There are all sorts of reasons why they would be a fit, particularly uniting the sides which ruptured during the civil war. Kohza is a straight up guy as well. I think the way she responded made it seem like she had someone in mind. I thought Luffy at first, but that doesn't make any sense. She sees him as an inspiration. Shirahoshi seems him as a someone dependable/friend/protector. Rebecca was inconclusive, she might do so. Hancock is the only definite.
Also yeah, the vivi x koza ship is obvious. They're both natural leaders who have put their lives on the line for each other and for Alabasta, childhood friends, and he was a natural draw to her tomboyish side

IHaveIce

Banned
Oda already admitted he avoids to implement any real romances in OP, since he is bad at writing them and he doesn't want his story to be dependant on it, so I agree if we will get any relationships it will suddenly happen like in Dragonball

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Oda already admitted he avoids to implement any real romances in OP, since he is bad at writing them and he doesn't want his story to be dependant on it, so I agree if we will get any relationships it will suddenly happen like in Dragonball

Can't be worse than Kishi

I think that is particulary with the SH crew, although I don't think I can remember much romance otherwise. Except fucking Wapol of all people (well it is because he is rich)

I also think it is a bit weird how far he strays from it, aside from with Luffy. I mean sexualisation has increased a lot in the series. And yet no romance...Some part of me thinks this is a bit fucked up on Oda's side, as much as it is probably my fave manga series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom