• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase17

Didn't Jimbei break Luffy and Nami out? Or at least bring them to the rest who were breaking him out with the mirror. Can't even remember.

I guess Chopper did capture Brulee. Prediction shifts to Pekoms showing up. Either to the ceremony or just a panel of him stuck on the boat and hearing Big Mom scream or something.

Malyse

So.

Since Naruto is Boruto and Dragon Ball is Super, do you think we'll get a OP sequel about Boa and Luffy's kid in 15 years? (assuming that OP actually ends in 10 years)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Super ain't about Goku's kids, that's for damn sure.

Since One Piece is more in line with Dragon Ball that show would be about Luffy.

caliph95

I mean Dragon Ball or at least Z had no real goal so OP is more in line with Naruto where there is an end goal, plus there is varying levels of importance placed on generations. If OP would ever continue it will likely be a new generation of pirates.

If One Piece can stay the top manga seller until the end of its run, oh you better believe they'll find some no name doujin writer/former assistant to write the manga and Toei will do the anime to milk that teat. Oda would have to destroy the One Piece world for that to happen.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If One Piece can stay the top manga seller until the end of its run, oh you better believe they'll drag out some no name doujin writer/former assistant to write the manga and Toei will do the anime to milk that teat. Oda would have to destroy the One Piece world for that to happen.

You underestimate their dark sorcery.

You could get ten years out of a prequel to One Piece focusing on the original King of Pirates. Probably another one doing Shanks.

caliph95

In that show will they bother to explain the soul king?

8Kuboooo.gif

I don't think Luffy will have kids but the story does seem poised to end with Luffy giving the strawhat to someone else. If it ends like that, a sequel would be made.

Lord knows what it would be like with all the mysteries in the world solved.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Besides Boa the other person recently who really seemed to like Luffy was Reiju. Before that Shirahoshi, but that was more as a teacher. Pre time skip you have the Amazon who found him and of course Alvida.

Pretty much
Hey on the bright side Gohan might do something
bad news for you Goten will forever be lil cute goku
Gohan does something for like 10 minutes during a big arc forgets everything the next arc and has to learn the same lesson over again. He ain't much better. I don't get it

The adventures of Carrot

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Discussion about the show, nope just talk about shipping and tumblr

Luffy is asexual so he might never be kids but i wonder what Luffy will do once he achieved his goals he has nothing to after

Someone might trick him ala Goku.

But yeah, I'm betting there's zero romance throughout the rest of the tale with noting more series than Boa's comedy bits or Sanji and Pudding here.

EDIT: He might do something in the ending with Kaya and Usopp, but it'll likely be an off panel hey they got married thing.

caliph95

Though i doubt Luffy will be anything other than being a pirate forever trying to stay relevant trying to regain his former glory (half joking)

Does romance still apply post endgame or is Sanji will forever be a joke , romance wise or to spite him he will give Zoro tashigi or perona

Ray Down

Banned
Wouldn't oda have to go back on the whole romance thing anyway or was that only for the crew having romance within the crew

He said that nearly 20 years ago, and in the context that the series was never going to be a shoujo manga.

Though I do like Luffy X Nami, I also like the idea of the crew finding love else where outside the crew.

When all else fails, think Dragonball. Goku married Chichi and had kids. Krillin and Gohan both got wives. Bulma and Vegeta hooked up. Tons of romance. But never ever focused on, almost entirely off screen.

Chase17

A sequel series with Luffy's kid would be bad. It sort of works for Boruto since it goes from Naruto's dad problems>>>to Boruto's, completely different, dad problems. At least in the movie anyways, it's yet to be seen if the series wants to add any compelling elements. Also since no one wants to follow another protagonist who just wants to become Hokage again. One Piece would have a greater variety since it could be a whole new journey.

I think if you are to do a One Piece sequel it would be best to be a random person, or if you really want to do a child it should be either Sanji's or Usopp's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom