• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Jigolo

fuck jinbei knows something is up with luffy. things aren't going to end well for him :(

I wonder if that dude is stronger than doffy

caliph95

We don't know how strong is Jinbe until we see him fight but he likely won't be stronger than Luffy unless Oda is willing to shake the dynamic

So I guess it's pretty obvious that Luffy is going to somehow use shards of glass to beat dogtooth.

I hope it doesn't happen though. It would be way too much of an asspull for luffy to win after being so heavily damaged

What? How is this obvious exactly

That's how I interpreted the part where luffy gets kicked and the shards of mirror he was holding went in his face. After, you see a panel looking at the shards on the floor, then luffy's expression turning from anger to a grin.

I think it's cause he probably came up with some idea on how to beat dogtooth using the shards

Or I could be dumb.

One of those.

caliph95

That's how I interpreted the part where luffy gets kicked and the shards of mirror he was holding went in his face. After, you see a panel looking at the shards on the floor, then luffy's expression turning from anger to a grin.

I think it's cause he probably came up with some idea on how to beat dogtooth using the shards

Or I could be dumb.

One of those.
It was to hide he was in pain to his crew and not to make them worry

What would Glass do to Katakuri anyway and it's too small to transport him somewhere

Or I could be dumb.

One of those.
I think the reason it's a super dumb smile and not one with a glint in the eyes is because he just doesn't want them to worry. It's why he's holding his mouth to keep from screaming in pain.

We all know the real way Luffy's gonna eat him.

It was to hide he was in pain to his crew and not to make them worry

What would Glass do to Katakuri anyway and it's too small to transport him somewhere

I think the reason it's a super dumb smile and not one with a glint in the eyes is because he just doesn't want them to worry. It's why he's holding his mouth to keep from screaming in pain.

We all know the real way Luffy's gonna eat him.

This makes more sense. I dunno what he'd do with the glass. Maybe put it inbetween his knuckles like wolverine

Now I definitely want Luffy to eat him

Or I could be dumb.

One of those.

He was making the face because he was lying and can't keep a straight face when he lies. He broke the shards on the next page anyway.

caliph95

Katakuri is a logia I'm sorry special paramecia and he's not rubber sharp objects does little to him and even with Haki luffy better off punching him

LotusHD

Banned
Chapter 658

Ok the ongoing gag of every dude losing their shit over Franky's new bod while the women all side eye it is fucking hilarious. ery tim

Carrot better respond exactly how we're expecting her to respond.

This makes more sense. I dunno what he'd do with the glass. Maybe put it inbetween his knuckles like wolverine

Now I definitely want Luffy to eat him

Just look closely at this again:

oN9XeyK.png

Luffy is clearly holding his mouth shut, but you can still see him holding the mirror shard in his hand. Then from that point onwards, he continues to make sure he doesn't make a peep, so as not to worry his crew.

LotusHD

Banned
What if Sanji got to tank that, but nothing else in the story changed?

Do you think people have a noticeably better opinion of Sanji, or would not much change

Veelk

Banned
It's a strawhat crew member in the present day.

It could have been 100 times as bad and Usopp would have lived through it.

Do you think people have a noticeably better opinion of Sanji, or would not much change

I'd be more disappointed than usual at OP's lack of lethality or consequences of violence, but otherwise things would remain the same.

It's actually kind of an odd thing with OP imo. The scene is cool, it shows the loyalty and the sacrifice of Zoro for his crew and all that. But I already knew he was loyal and would sacrifice himself. So it's not really new information and not a new development. The new development actually came after the fact when Kuma revealed it was actually a test. So while it's not something that can just be removed without consequence to the story, it doesn't really tell me anything new about the crew, which is what I usually like to see happen.

I doubt things would change since Sanji has had his own moments before then. Honestly that feat was one of Zoro's first big feats over him when you factor in Sanji's "Mr. Prince" and Water 7 plan.

Chase17

It would have extended the peak Sanji run an extra arc, but overall I don't think it changes my opinion of him much.

Top Bottom