• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Morlas

Jimbe is a coward.

YKnALl.png

Ray Down

Banned
I'm gonna become the Hokag... I mean Wizard King

For some odd reason I refuse to start black clover...maybe it’s beca I’ve been burned on magic anime before

Its at least worth a watch/read for awhile to see if you like it.

Since when was Luffy's Va annoying. She entered into the hall of fame with Enies lobby.

I've seen online and people I know don't really care for or are annoyed by Luffy (and Goku) seriyus and tend to prefer Colleen voice for Luffy.

Morlas

I'm gonna become the Hokag... I mean Wizard King

Its at least worth a watch/read for awhile to see if you like it.

I've seen online and people I know don't really care for or are annoyed by Luffy (and Goku) seriyus and tend to prefer Colleen voice for Luffy.

I think Colleen is great, but so is the jp va

Ray Down

Banned
Still think there gonna be something going wrong on Sanji end soon,
with the time and how simple it was laid out, along with Pudding saying to let no one in something will happen.

It's inoffensive that's the best I can say for it

It's comfort food

Its like a better version of FT, I liked the water temple arc but didn't really enjoy the arc afterwards.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It's inoffensive that's the best I can say for it

It's comfort food

Well to give it fair play outside of one or two-ish outfits and an odd beach chapter the usual sorts of fanservice in the manga is actually pretty minimal.

It strikes a weird line of throwing everything and the kitchen sink and escalation to get you to continue through. It's not great or even good but some entertainment can be derived from it.

it's like oh hey there's this random shitty arc that going on, next few pages oh wait there's a war going on. It does this routinely. it knows it's by the numbers crap so throws in big events that are completely unearned to string you along.

caliph95

Its like a better version of FT, I liked the water temple arc but didn't really enjoy the arc afterwards.
That's probably the only solid arc but the manga could be good if it slowed the fuck down
Well to give it fair play outside of one or two-ish outfits and an odd beach chapter the usual sorts of fanservice in the manga is actually pretty minimal.

It strikes a weird line of throwing everything and the kitchen sink and escalation to get you to continue through. It's not great or even good but some entertainment can be derived from it.

it's like oh hey there's this random shitty arc that going on, next few pages oh wait there's a war going on. It does this routinely. it knows it's by the numbers crap so throws in big events that are completely unearned to string you along.
It's like the worst aspects of mha pacing and none of the good

Nothing feels earned because it feels like it's afraid to lose the audience really badly so he keeps moving forward throw shit at you

It causes the character development to be weak and unearned

Lunar15

Jimbei's great. Him being a SUPER ULTRA HELMSMAN is pretty funny, but whatever, I'll allow it because he's a cool dude. They alluded to it during some of the Fishman Island flashbacks, so it's not without some foreshadowing. Him being part of the crew is going to be interesting, just because Oda likes to dress everyone up in hip clothes for cover stories and I can't help but crack up when I imagine Jimbei in that stuff. He manages it with Brook though, so who knows!

Real talk, Jimbei has consistently been one of the most interesting characters in the whole series since his initial appearance.

I've enjoyed the last two chapters. It's been fun stuff.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
That's probably the only solid arc but the manga could be good if it slowed the fuck down

It's like the worst aspects of mha pacing and none of the good

Nothing feels earned because it feels like it's afraid to lose the audience really badly so he keeps moving forward throw shit at you

It causes the character development to be weak and unearned

Man I wish Zumou had half the popularity Black Clover does. Alas, some things aren't recognised in their own lifetime. I'm thankful to the Jump editors to allow it to keep going. At least they understand the quality.

Thankfully not all of Jump's manga's are so unlucky I KnY has a good chance of surpassing Black Clover in popularity and the promised neverland should be good too.

As for that Asta/Black Clover conversation, it's weird to think that between that and MHA, Naruto seems to be the big influence for these upcoming shonen manga.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
As for that Asta/Black Clover conversation, it's weird to think that between that and MHA, Naruto seems to be the big influence for these upcoming shonen manga.

Fairly sure the biggest impact on BnH was One piece per the author, though he takes much of the structure from Naruto (though Naruto didn't popularise these tropes and is mostly the most recent example

NSESN

MHA is influenced by OP as much as it is influenced by Naruto. Even quirks seem to have big devil fruits influences on it, that and X-Men. The only thing that I would say it is close is the fact that both had a tournament arc in the beginning, the rest is just standard shounen.
I think people just say that because it started the same year Naruto ended.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
MHA is influenced by OP as much as it is influenced by Naruto. Even quirks seem to have big devil fruits influences on it, that and X-Men. The only thing that I would say it is close is the fact that both had a tournament arc in the beginning, the rest is just standard shounen.

I mean the author sent in fanart to Oda 10 years ago and was literally gushing that he was able to publish in the same magazine as him.

Ray Down

Banned

That and Kishimoto himself said he thinks MHA fillsin/takes Narutos mantle.

Ogodei

For all that One Piece's narrative has evolved and grown more complex over the years, it's still primarily an episodic and arc-driven manga, a throwback to earlier times when villains were less connected and the personal drama of the heroes was not a driving force of the narrative.

In that regard MHA is much more Naruto than One Piece, with its focus on personal philosophies and the rivalry dynamics among the UA students and the younger generation of villains.

All three share the "passing the torch" theme, though, whether it's All Might or Jiraiya or Whitebeard.

So now that jinbei is pretty confirmed to be next nakama,
where you at carrot fanshits?!

You thought the busty little rabbit would be nakama but it was the T H I C C fish bro all along!!

Er...

Wasn't it always pretty clear that Jinbe was always going to be next? I think most people including myself have said it was going to be both Jinbe AND Carrot. Or at least I hoped so.

Regarding the chapter:

Luffy, please never make that face again.

Jinbe is awesome. Can't wait to see what he looks like in an all out fight.

Still not sure how Luffy is gonna beat Katakuri.

Carrot for Straw Hat.

That's pretty much all I've got. It's gonna be rough waiting for the next chapter. Given the problems the crew is having right now, I'm unsure how they're going to be able to deal with Wano. Hopefully, Wano ends up being the Enies Lobby of the New World, and everyone gets a good fight in.

Carrot for Straw Hat.

Top Bottom