• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

caliph95

TJlbjV2.png

same time as well

I really don't understand the end of the chapter. That said, Isn't it a bit fast to jump on the "she ate them all" train?

Though if that's the case, dude...

How would she know i wonder?

Given Pudding's powers, I don't think we should take anything at face value in this arc.
Young Linlin probably did realize that she ate them and became overwhelmed with grief. Pudding might have used her powers to edit out that piece of her memory and now she just thinks they vanished into thin air.

caliph95

OK aside from Minks and Chopper :)
and Fishmen
Given Pudding's powers, I don't think we should take anything at face value in this arc.
Young Linlin probably did realize that she ate them and became overwhelmed with grief. Pudding might have used her powers to edit out that piece of her memory and now she just thinks they vanished into thin air.
Does she need to we know her hunger causes her to blackout

Also pointed out on reddit:

xuj8the.png

Assuming this is the case and if what everyone thinks happened really did happen, then a young Linlin with freshly acquired Soul fruit powers could've possibly given life to the majority of the island, which she used to establish a power base that grew from there.

Ray Down

Banned

Linlin has memory gaps between her outbursts, so she literally wouldn't remember anything that transpired.

Morlas

i'm gonna guess at least one of the kids escaped considering she didn't seem to move from her spot and it would've been practically impossible for her to grab them all without them having time to react and still not move from that spot.

turmoil

Banned

Wait a moment... what if she crushes islands and its peoples just for candy because she knows that if she doesn't eat all that she will be an even worse world menace?

BM redemption coming!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
So, "I name you Pandora," this little sun seems to be different from the one Big Mom has, eh? Promethus, right? Looks like she made her own sun and cloud later on, rather than inheriting this first one.

It's Carmel. On my dictionary there are 3 ways to spell caramel in Japanese, and none of them are Carmel's name. Kyarameru, Karameru, and Karumera. Carmel's name is Karumeru. So it's definitely Carmel. Not every name has to be the exact name as the food. Like Perospero is meant to resemble licking (pero pero), but it's not exact.

I never thought either would happen. The assassination was doomed from inception, and it's better that way.

Defeating her? I think it's more likely they reach some kind of agreement or understanding. Of course they don't need her polygliph now; they have the copy.

I think Big Mom is setup to be defeated so it makes defeating Kaido believable. We know Zeus won't work on Luffy so already that is not Big Mom at her strongest. Then she could get weakened from the poison and the carmel picture shit. Of course I'm including tag teams or triple teams to defeat Big Mom and Kaido, not that Luffy will win in a 1v1 straight up.

GG-Duo

hey, so can somebody clarify for me? Carmel created the Pandora sun by taking a piece of her soul and putting it into all of the fire around her, thus putting out the fire? Is that what happened?

Also pointed out on reddit:

xuj8the.png

Assuming this is the case and if what everyone thinks happened really did happen, then a young Linlin with freshly acquired Soul fruit powers could've possibly given life to the majority of the island, which she used to establish a power base that grew from there.

wow that's a hell of an observation

Code:
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/e121e682647468bfdab1a09980d1cc6c/tumblr_oqv9hnons41uvokdeo1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

Unbelievable that this was foreshadowing.

and Fishmen

Linlin has memory gaps between her outbursts, so she literally wouldn't remember anything that transpired.

Okay yeah, that would contradict that theory. Unless Pudding's ability can also automatically cut out memories after certain incidents transpire, but that would be too complicated.

I'm still positive that Pudding definitely toyed around with Big Mom's memories at some point.

Red Fire

No it's just Carmel.

Viz and raw says as much.

It's also a reference to this:
It's Carmel. On my dictionary there are 3 ways to spell caramel in Japanese, and none of them are Carmel's name. Kyarameru, Karameru, and Karumera. Carmel's name is Karumeru. So it's definitely Carmel. Not every name has to be the exact name as the food. Like Perospero is meant to resemble licking (pero pero), but it's not exact.

Oh okay i stay corrected then!
Oda probably picked that name on purpose to have a double meaning with caramel, connecting big mom's food naming to her

Ogodei

How would she know i wonder?

A natural extension of Pudding's powers would be to unlock hidden memories, things you physically perceived but were not conscious for (like for instance a conversation somebody had near you while you were asleep).

Similarly, a natural extension of her power would be to see everyone's memories, otherwise she wouldn't know what she was looking for to cut out most of the time.

LotusHD

Banned
I wonder what shark tastes like...

What the actual fuck.

Yup...

---

Seriously, I never thought One Piece of all things would give me a chapter where I slightly felt a little ill while reading it. Whenever people say stuff like that for manga they're reading, I've usually never been able to relate, that they're perhaps overreacting... until today. Yeesh.

I wonder if one of the various underworld figures knows about Carmel's true nature. She was probably fairly infamous in some of those circles, even if it was 60 years ago.

NSESN

I just can't. This is asoiaf levels of mindfuckery. When we said Oda was inpired by GoT to make Whole Cake island arc I didn't expect this.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I just can't. This is asoiaf levels of mindfuckery. When we said Oda was inpired by GoT to make Whole Cake island arc I didn't expect this.
This is even worse due to the fact that little Linlin doesn't even realize what she did and was innocent in heart despite doing something as monstrous as eating other children.

She's a kindhearted girl who has such a horrible mental illness/craving for food that it turns her into a literal monster. It's one thing if she did it consciously, but the added gut punch of her actually not knowing what happened and wondering where everyone went is just... ugh.

This chapter has been lurking in the back of my mind all day. It did a number on me, in the way that horror movies usually do...

NSESN

You guys gotta calm down haha

I don't think there can ever be a creepier character in one piece than big mom

lately I have been reading SnS, OP and then MHA because it is the order I am excited with each manga lately. But it was a huge mistake today. I could barely read MHA without think about OP.
I can't calm down.

Ray Down

Banned
Code:
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/e121e682647468bfdab1a09980d1cc6c/tumblr_oqv9hnons41uvokdeo1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

Unbelievable that this was foreshadowing.

Okay yeah, that would contradict that theory. Unless Pudding's ability can also automatically cut out memories after certain incidents transpire, but that would be too complicated.

I'm still positive that Pudding definitely toyed around with Big Mom's memories at some point.

Oh I don't know about on BM, maybe be just used them in the past on someone. Her memories can't just be used on Reiju, unless she really continues on from here.

Blackbeard's crew probably has a ton of fucked up pasts.

Barring Blackbeard and the original 4 I don't think we will learn much about the others pasts.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
We probably should have seen that Mother caramel was a villain.

I mean, she supposedly negotiated the release of the giant pirates on the execution stand. Seems like that was more an arrangement to have her keep an eye on the giants and recruit strong giants for the marines as a sleeper agent.

turmoil

Banned
We probably should have seen that Mother caramel was a villain.

I mean, she supposedly negotiated the release of the giant pirates on the execution stand. Seems like that was more an arrangement to have her keep an eye on the giants and recruit strong giants for the marines as a sleeper agent.

Or that she is a pacifist like Shirahoshi's mother

Could have been probable both ways tbf

Speaking of Shirahoshi, if she is a weapon, how can she be controlled?

Top Bottom