• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

LotusHD

Banned
It doesn't?

Seriously, I think that Luffy and Franky with extendable arms would be the choices to add to arms if Nintendo were to do it.

I was saying Bellamy being considered at all doesn't make sense, he doesn't stretch out like that as far as I can recall.

Don't you
unwrap your caramel before eating it?
giphy.gif

I miss franky. I hope after this arc there won't be any splitting up the crew anymore

Me too, but I think it's good that the part of the crew that sat out Dressrosa is getting some shine, and that the arc can breathe more without the potential bloat that the full crew might bring.

turmoil

Banned
I would like some 'meanwhile, Zoro's party...' teasers from time to time, but what can we do, Oda's style is like this.

Jay RaR

I would like some 'meanwhile, Zoro's party...' teasers from time to time, but what can we do, Oda's style is like this.

That would be nice, but there's a drawback of slowing down the events of WCI. Like Oda would begin the Tea Party at the recent chapter maybe.

Red Fire

Me too, but I think it's good that the part of the crew that sat out Dressrosa is getting some shine, and that the arc can breathe more without the potential bloat that the full crew might bring.

Agreed that this part of the crew deserves to shine now. I was more talking about the future, so after this arc

Big One

Banned
I might be crazy for this, but I would feel pretty bittersweet if Big Mom gets taken down this arc (or even in a future arc). She really can't help being born a certain way with her disorder, and while she's willing to do some nasty pirate shit to get her way her goals aren't exactly evil by any means. I'm really curious to see how Luffy is going to address Big Mom in the coming chapters. It would seem underhanded for him to defeat someone with a disorder, even if she becomes more powerful because of it.

I have a feeling Capone might be the body of this arc. Would it surprise you if he gets offed by Big Mom (killed or jailed ala Kidd)? It's clear by now that his plan will fail terribly.

Extorting massive amounts of sweets of Fishman Island and probably lots of other places under threat of death is straight up evil.

Tragic childhoods are a dime a dozen in One Piece. Big Mom is cool, but EVIL!

Big One

Banned
The Sanji and Doflamingo scuffle is pretty dope in context of the recent events. Both are renegade princes living the life of a pirate. Both come from evil families of sorts as well (even though Doflamingo's parents were really nice). Both of their mothers died tragically of sickness as well. The major difference is that Doflamingo's father was good, and Sanji's wasn't. It was a role-reversal thing where in one (Doflamingo) the father is good and the son is bad, while in the other (Sanji) the father is bad and the son is good.

Chase17

We needed this arc if nothing else but to firmly remind everyone that Brook is an amazing crew member.

As one of the people who needed a reminder, I agree. He had been in my bottom 3 straw hats but he's definitely moved up a tier now. Or rather, it's just a bottom 2 now.

NSESN

To tell the truth I never cared much about the SH crew outside Usopp and Luffy. okay I did like Zoro before the timeskip. Now he is just boring.

Chase17

When you have a stacked cast someone decent will end up at the bottom. While I'm at it here's my (the?) definitive list.

God tier:
Zolo, Usopp, Luffy,
Sanji

I like their backstory's enough to put them higher than they maybe should be tie (ok, this mostly applies to chopper)r:
Nami, Chopper

Year of Brook tier:
Brook

I may or may not hold their time skip design downgrades against them tier:
Robin, Franky

Edit: Film gold worth watching? Haven't watched any of the OP movies before.

We not too far off Chase three swaps
I swap zoro with nami and put franky with zoro and chopper with robin on your list so

Sanji,usopp,luffy,nami

Zoro,franky,jinbe,brook

Robin and chopper

Big One

Banned
Strong World, FIlm Z, and Film Gold are all worked on heavily by Oda and they're worth watching. They're kidn of like Battle of Gods, except Battle of Gods is canon pretty much, lol. Strong World, Film Z, and Film Gold aren't canon but do contain canonical aspects to it. For example Film Z was the first time we saw Aokiji's tmeskip design before he appeared in the manga in Punk Hazard. A lot of the characters from the movies exist in the mainline canon in some capacity (especially Shiki) but the movies themselves are just what-ifs.

Outside of that, Movie 6 (I forgot the name of it) is also worth watching as well. It isn't offically released yet, but it's directed by Mamoru Hosoda and it's excellent.

LotusHD

Banned

Film Gold is greatness for the most part.. It's the first time I've watched a One Piece movie and wished that the setting could've been used for an actual arc in the manga. So much potential.

Persona 5 ending basically turned into
DBZ at the end.

Did ya like it. Did ya like the game overall.

Top Bottom