• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Finally, I see a post like this. I was getting tired of seeing other people think the "year of Sanji" meant "year of making Sanji look like the goat." We got to see more of Sanji's past, his blood relatives, a wedding, etc...

Oda kept his word. The arc was a Sanji arc.
I joke with u all but I even enjoyed the crying lol. As you said more backstory, his family,set up for a bigger bounty sanji being a vinsmoke is big news after all. Cool badass moments here and there I'm straight.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yeah, Robin's arc didn't exactly paint her in the best light either, but it was definitely hers regardless

smurfx

get some go again
Would the Marines let that happen when they learn they tried to make a deal with Big Mom?
they were going to renounce whatever rights they had once they married sanji off. nothing happened so they can just say they were attacked by big mom. also the marines don't have any say if they get to keep their power but the celestials.

Ray Down

Banned
they were going to renounce whatever rights they had once they married sanji off. nothing happened so they can just say they were attacked by big mom.
Can't the highest up ( Cestial dragons) just take that away from them even hearing they would do that.

They are giant assholes.

smurfx

get some go again
Can't the highest up ( Cestial dragons) just take that away from them even hearing they would do that.

They are giant assholes.
they were giant assholes in north blue and even attacked other kingdoms. i don't think the celestials really care how evil they are as long as they remain royalty. only time they would care is if they attacked another celestial.

Ray Down

Banned
they were giant assholes in north blue and even attacked other kingdoms. i don't think the celestials really care how evil they are as long as they remain royalty. only time they would care is if they attacked another celestial.
They were fully willing to join with Big Mom.

Even if they go back on it, they can still hold it against them. They did it to Dofla family after his dad begged them to accept them again.

Just don't see them going there without an sort of consequence.

LotusHD

Banned
Finally, I see a post like this. I was getting tired of seeing other people think the "year of Sanji" meant "year of making Sanji look like the goat." We got to see more of Sanji's past, his blood relatives, a wedding, etc...

People act like this arc will legitimately be trash if Sanji leaves without getting having a proper fight lol

People act like this arc will legitimately be trash if Sanji leaves without getting having a proper fight lol
Hasn't had a fight(finish) since thriller bark(no get fishman island outta here) I don't see why they would get all upset now. Been all about him since zou ppl better suck it up

Year of Sanji was last year. This year was the Year of Bege.

LotusHD

Banned
It's kind of sad.

Hasn't had a fight(finish) since thriller bark(no get fishman island outta here) I don't see why they would get all upset now. Been all about him since zou ppl better suck it up

I mean, I get why people would be disappointed. Part of the fun of One Piece is seeing our favorite characters come up with new techniques and what not. And in this regard, it would be nice to see Sanji showcase something new that helps to close the seemingly increasing gap between him and Zoro, who has yet to be truly stressed out since joining the New World. But this arc slowly showed us that nah, they ain't ready to fight a Yonko, not to mention since the Vinsmokes ended up being allies.

Anyways, again, I get the frustration. But saying the whole arc wasn't worth it? Nah, that's just being salty lol

It'd be kinda funny if the next arc is two years of Zoro

If he has defeated even one prominent person by the time we catch up with him and the rest of the alliance, I will laugh so damn hard lmfao

So, Dawn is going to be an open world adventure, yah?

Are you excited?

smurfx

get some go again
They were fully willing to join with Big Mom.

Even if they go back on it, they can still hold it against them. They did it to Dofla family after his dad begged them to accept them again.

Just don't see them going there without an sort of consequence.
dofla's family had already given up their royal privileges and were nothing more than commoners to them. since they didn't officially give up their privileges they can b.s about the reasons for trying to marry into big mom's family.

Hehe shokugeki showing that love too anybody else spot others in different manga
X9L348q.jpg

RomanceDawn

Ray Down is pretty much completely right. Not sure if I'm about to contradict anything he/she said but here are my two cents.

There are far too many open plot threads that are just left hanging for the crew to just high tail it to the next island. This entire arc revolved around Sanji and he is going to be the one to save the day in a way that only he can.

From the very beginning we've learned how Judge detested Sanji's physical abilities and especially Sanji's willingness to cook for anyone and everyone. Sanji has already stood tall in front of his family by rescuing them and sure Judge has shown some appreciation but the respect is still not there.

More so than any foot to the face, the thing that will completely wreck Judge's ideals will be Sanji's cooking completely saving everyone on that island from a horrible death. When that happens Judge won't continue to refer to Sanji as a failure and instead you just watch him want his son back.

Why they run back? Who knows and who cares? That can play out all kinds of ways including Sanji wanting to feed Big Mom so her suffering in that moment ceases.

Streusen can't just make the cake. I've said weeks before that his food might not taste as good as the stuff that is made from scratch but most importantly that wedding cake took days to make with some crazy ingredients, including giant bird/monster/dragon eggs. It's not going to be replicated anytime soon with the current players.

Sanji is a masterful chef that uses even the worst of ingredients to make things that others cry tears of joy over. There are still tons of cooks around to help including Pudding, not to mention you have Oven and Sanji himself providing the heat necessary to bake such a crazy cake.

- - - -

All the while that this happens Big Mom will be going Kong Ship Bananas. No one will be safe. The Straw Hats and the Big Mom Pirates are going to team up to keep her at bay. This works on several levels. On one hand we get to see how scary Big Mom is without her being in full power mode. If she is just attacking indiscriminately chances are she won't be at her best which would still give her a ton of Emperor credibility because I'm certain everyone will still be fighting and giving 100% trying desperately to keep her under control or preoccupied. The other point is that this is where can even see Sanji, Jimbei, Nami, Chopper and Brook shine when in comparison to Big Mom's crew mates. Maybe the Big Mom's have the raw strength and wicked fruit abilities but Nami can handle the weather and Brook can handle the souls, something that I'm pretty certain no other Big Mom pirate can deal with reliably. The Germa boys could be completely wrecked by something Big Mom throws out, Sanji gets hit by the same thing but the boy is tough enough to keep on going. We don't see them fight like we all wished for but we do see that Sanji could handle what they could not.

- - - -

Memories and information! We did not learn of Pudding's memory manipulation just so she could drop some exposition on Reiju. Pudding has done some things... and some stuff. Lola left when Pudding was a lot younger and things seemed so happy at that point. Years later Loki came to marry Pudding. Pudding said no and put the blame on Lola. Pudding has already hinted that she knows all too well the hassle of manipulating memories on a massive scale and thats exactly what she did. We are going to find out about this.

Streusen actually saw Linlin eating her family. He knows this and at some point that information is going to come out. It's gotta be now and probably with Pudding doing the revealing. Stussy being a member of CP0 knows exactly who Carmel is at the very least from past reports over 60 years ago. She knows that Big Mom's mentor was a child trafficker and this too will get revealed.

After eating the cake Big Mom will come to her senses and be pissed but once her passed is revealed she'll suffer something of a mental break down. Finally knowing the truth however, I believe Big Mom will actually be grateful to the Straw Hats because their meddling would have caused all this to come out.

Of course even more would be forgiven if Chopper actually cures her of her disease. Chopper has already proven he can handle mental issues within himself(controllable Monster Point?) so there is a good chance he can help Big Mom with hers.

Big Mom's crew and Big Mom herself would be so grateful that tragedy is averted they just let the Straw Hats go and all the loose ends are tied up, including the destruction of Fishman Island.

Doesn't mean they will be allies, "just this once, you guys can go and don't let me catch you in our territory again!"

I'm telling you! Just wait!

Ray Down

Banned
I already got two on this site, one with B-leg (which I will win) and another involving KH3.

And thats on ava I got a money bet regarding OP too.

I think I'm good on bets atm, Romance Dawn can take the lead with this if he wants to.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It'd be kinda funny if the next arc is two years of Zoro
It probably will be.

Smoker and Kuina will probably show up in Wano too. Kuina has too much sword in her not to

Ray Down

Banned
I'll be waiting:

Yeah I still don't know how this will play, while in silhouette meant to be Luffy as SE says it could be metaphorical with Luffy bringing FI up. I seen through around it could just be some action of luffy that gets the government to attack.

What's the money bet lol

Nothing much just shit me and my brother do, bet is whos ever guess chapter number is closest to when this arc finishes.

Loser has to pay a special edition of a game of the winner choosing.

I lost last time with the bet and had to pay for the FFXV Ultimate Edition.

Top Bottom