• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors |OT| Gomu Gomu no Musou

Was able to purchase the game, says it's going to take 7000 min to download :| you can search for it now

Edit: Okay it's dropped down to 1000, yeah cable internet via Bright house *cries*

Imagine if 4Kids still had the One Piece license for English dubs. Personally fine with it just being in Japanese. That's how I tend to play my Naruto and Bleach games too.

Not going to lie, during the boss fights with Krieg and Arlong I was really missing the unique brand of my misguided 4kids nostalgia, I find it so bad it's good at times, but only at times....Pu-Man.

Blegh, I feel dirty buying it at this price, but I gotta do what I gotta do... still cheaper than importing like I was planning on doing before localization was announced.

Mzo

The EU disc release plus shipping to the US came out to almost exactly $50 =X

I thought I was paying a lot! Guess not. Dang.

Anyone else get the problem where after you download it, it installs to 14% and then says the data is corrupted?

I've fully downloaded the game twice now to no avail. It keeps giving me corrupted data. I had to deal with this when downloading Warriors Orochi as well. This shitty PSN is getting absolutely ridiculous

When most of the US is still barely downloading the game, looks like EU is getting some DLC already.

http://youtu.be/UDQuk2QiiZE

Namco’s European division revealed that the update will be released in Europe on September 26th, with each piece of DLC costing €2.99. Each DLC pack will come with a costume and scenario. Here’s what will be available on the 26th:

Samurai costume for Luffy and the additional scenario “One Vs. 1000!”
Kimono costume for Nami and the additional scenario “East Blue Forever!”
Kimono costume for Zoro and the additional scenario “Heavy Hitters”

9KfGY.jpg

Ipjme.jpg

Opkm-dlc03-01.jpg

I really want to buy this, but I got another game in waiting. So disappointed there isn't a physical release here in the US, so it would look nice grouped up with my One Piece collection.

Really want to play as the Robin and Boa Hancock. I absolutely loved using Robin in Unlimited Adventure. I can never forget her SEIS FLEUR LOCK SPIKE LAUNCHER SPIKE LAUNCHER GOODBYE SPIKE LAUNCHER GOODBYE SPIKE combo dialogue.

Pausing and starting for me helped my DL speeds as well, went from like 1mb every 5s to 1mb every 2s. It doesn't seem like much but it's worlds better.

probably the early people are done downloading. almost done here. 3% to go!

why would you even think such a thing

Now I think it's going to break ;____;

expecting the game to crash after tutorial because of a serious bug sony's QA Didn't catch because there's no one working there.

:( I really hope my third download attempt actually works and the game doesn't get an install error. I really want to play this game tonight

playing on hard. had like 1/10th of my HP left at the intro boss
Pacifista

I like the combo system and just not musou spammy attack. the QTE from naruto fighting game is nice. like some of the ways they use buttons and stick.

i got a B rank D:

on episode one. i don't know how to open the gate? D:

EDIT: nvm.

Just died at the bossu. was trying to figure out what they were talking about stunning lol. well i'll have to play tomorrow.

right now don't enjoy the QTE platform stuff. pacing is sort of fast for the story. Maybe it'll slow down later.

EDIT: done. it was easy. i was just over doing it.

B Ranking.

SeriousApes

Darn my slow dsl internet I probably wont be downloading until more than 24 hrs from now :/

Haha. I know how you feel. A few weeks ago I downloaded BioShock (I don't know why, I could have gotten a physical copy for the same price or cheaper) which is 12GBs and it took about a day and a half. Of course, that was with me pausing the download every once in a while to let my PS3 rest.

Okay, so I decided I'm gonna wait this out for a couple of weeks.

Just bought Fifa 13 last night on PSN, plus I've got Borderlands 2. I'll get to this eventually. I'll want savor it.

Finally got through downloading and installing and finished Episode 1 and gotta say I'm enjoying it. Looks great, I like that are much more moves (to the point where in Episode 0 I was taking a long time trying to use them all) and the adventure parts aren't that annoying to deal with.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I know it's stupid but I'm kinda hoping for a Wii U port. I've already got a PS3 but I rarely use it. I just think it'd be stupidly awesome to play this co-op with my partner without the need for a split-screen.

So fucking tempted on the chance to double dip though.

As a One Piece fan from the earlier days I have two things about this game:

1. The game looks very tempting
2. Nami still tickles me in the right places.

BUT is it any good?

Top Bottom