• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece - Ep 429 - A Special Presentation Related to the Movie! Luffy vs. Largo - The Battle is on! (SUB)

Yah! Filler-shit is over! Look even Luffy is happy about it:

2hwnyjb.png

Episode comments:
-It was still boring filler, but at least it looked good this time!

Anth0ny

Okay, the animation looked fucking amazing this time. I'd rather have two average animated filler episodes than one GOD AWFUL animation episode and one FUCKWIN animation episode.

It's filler we're talking about here! I wish they saved the great animation staff for, you know, important stuff. And anyone who's reading the manga (or saw the OP) knows that important stuff will be coming by the shitton.

Steroyd

grandjedi6 said:
One Piece - Ep 429 - A Special Presentation Related to the Movie! Luffy vs. Largo - The Battle is on! (SUB)

Yah! Filler-shit is over! Look even Luffy is happy about it:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2hwnyjb.png[IMG]

Episode comments:
-It was still boring filler, but at least it looked good this time![/QUOTE]

So we're back to impel down next week then? Been holding off watching One Piece till the filler was over, would rather swallow the whole filler in one go.

Initially hated the new OP's song, but i've hated it less and less, that said hope I don't get too exposed to it for too long. >_>

Anth0ny

So, greg over in japan is in the theatre as we speak watching Strong World. Onepiecepodcast.com is communicating with him via email. I would be watching the stream, but I'm at a family function typing on a blackberry. Can someone fill me (and the rest of gaf) in on what's going on?

I heard that volume 0 states that
this is the last time we'll see luffy as a 17 year old
. That is fucking MAJOR!

LaneDS

Anth0ny said:
So, greg over in japan is in the theatre as we speak watching Strong World. Onepiecepodcast.com is communicating with him via email. I would be watching the stream, but I'm at a family function typing on a blackberry. Can someone fill me (and the rest of gaf) in on what's going on?

I heard that volume 0 states that
this is the last time we'll see luffy as a 17 year old
. That is fucking MAJOR!

Meaning that after this current manga arc is over they'll
do some sort of timeskip?
?

Or maybe it's his birthday!

Anth0ny

LaneDS said:
Meaning that after this current manga arc is over they'll
do some sort of timeskip?
?

Or maybe it's his birthday!

Those seem to be the only 2 plausable explanations :lol

LaneDS

That's crazy if true though. Seems like the only way they could maybe give the crew
a chance of reuniting or obtaining means to do so, given how far apart they are
. Lots of risks involved if Oda decides to try it though. Can't wait in any case.

Really? While it could be true, I hope he doesn't go that route. I just feel it's a cop out. I could see it fitting into the story though. Just hope the
the anime doesn't follow in Naruto's footsteps and do a year of filler because of a timeskip. I never watched it but I hear it was bad.

smurfx

get some go again
wow this is pretty major news. maybe it's going to take the strawhats more than a year to make it back to the shabondy islands? i bet there will be some sort of time skip. we might get a bunch of chapters showing us what many of the strawhats did while making their way back to the shabondy islands.

Twig

Banned
Oh no. D:

I hate
timeskips
. D:

I have considerably more faith in this particular author to handle it properly than others in the past, though.

LaneDS

I was assuming they were going to use Kuma or something related to Kuma to resolve the distance issue, but now that seems a lot less likely.

Anth0ny

Yay for not filler! Daisuke fucking Gori sounds great as Jinbei, but I can't help but think of Mr. Satan every time he talks :lol

Also, hearing Croc again was amazing :D

Apparently, Movie 10 was fucking awesome. Too bad it's going to be a while before we see it =/

Entropia

No One Remembers
Usopp's VA is holding Usopp's goggles :O!!

This weeks episode was great, loved hearing Croc's diabolical laugh again.

Anth0ny

Osaka said:
Could anyone post source to the
timeskip theory
?

According to the scanlation of Volume 0 by mangahelpers, Oda states:

"This story is Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old so watch it over and over again!"

Mikey Jr. said:
Lol at Bon chans song. The queer way.
I cant work out if hes
Gay
Cross dresser
a transvestite
or a combination of all 3 :lol

Im beginning to forget theres even other crew members which is abit sad.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I think it is just delightful that Luffy is basically building a new temporary crew out of old enemies.

Johnlenham said:
I cant work out if hes
awesome
awesome
awesome
or a combination of all 3 :lol

Im beginning to forget theres even other crew members which is abit sad.

fixed

oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask this for a long time. For someone who seen all the episodes, are any of the OP movies worth watching?

Peff

akachan ningen said:
fixed

oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask this for a long time. For someone who seen all the episodes, are any of the OP movies worth watching?

I liked movies 4 and 6, 5 is nice too. The first three are less good, seven is decent but it marked the beginning of the ridiculous tits (Sayaendo is great though :p), 8 and 9 are basically retellings of Alabasta (without The New World Symphony, which I think is a shame) and Drum Island, and according to reviews and it being canon, movie 10 will be worth it, apparently.

Peff said:
I liked movies 4 and 6, 5 is nice too. The first three are less good, seven is decent but it marked the beginning of the ridiculous tits (Sayaendo is great though :p), 8 and 9 are basically retellings of Alabasta (without The New World Symphony, which I think is a shame) and Drum Island, and according to reviews and it being canon, movie 10 will be worth it, apparently.

Hah I only noticed it when they had the most recent filler as it looked like Robin was smuggling ballons under her top:lol

vareon

akachan ningen said:
fixed

Movie 6 is a must, it was made by the awesomeness that is Mamoru Hosoda.And movie 10 (Strong World) was written by Oda himself and is canon to the series, so that's another one.

The other movies range from horrible to okay-ish.

bathala

Banned
Chuck Norris said:
When has he ever copied Naruto?
I remember when naruto and sasuke had a falling out.
Luffy and Usop had that falling out too, but later got together.
it might be coincidence or the most cliche scene in anime

Firestorm

bathala said:
The relationship that Luffy + Usopp had is nothing like Naruto vs Sasuke. The two situations were not anything alike.

smurfx

get some go again
bathala said:
you gotta be fucking joking. that is oda copying naruto?

Dartastic

bathala said:

GTFO.

Steroyd

what the fuckwhen talking about the manga how about you clearly state it

I don't think this qualifies unless you havn't seen the water 7 arc.

bathala said:

Naruto and Sasuske ALWAYS had a falling out, they ended up being friends through rivalry.

Twig

Banned
Firestorm said:
what the fuck
when talking about the manga how about you clearly state it
If you're referring to what bathala said, then technically it's not even in the manga yet. In the manga (MANGA SPOILARZ)
they're still in the Impel Down arc
. Which you won't read 'cause you're avoiding it, but it's not really a spoiler, hah.

Also: lol copying Naruto. Pro troll!

If we pretend for even a second that One Piece is copying Naruto, then we also need to take into account the comparative quality of the two series. OP always handles things better than Naruto. Always.

TheOneGuy said:
If we pretend for even a second that One Piece is copying Naruto, then we also need to take into account the comparative quality of the two series. OP always handles things better than Naruto. Always.

Oh yeah?

Which one is better at
trolling the fans
?

Maron

vareon said:
Movie 6 is a must, it was made by the awesomeness that is Mamoru Hosoda.And movie 10 (Strong World) was written by Oda himself and is canon to the series, so that's another one.

The other movies range from horrible to okay-ish.

Movie 10 still shouldn't be considered canon...but whatever.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
bathala said:
sigh, I forgot this is a One Piece thread

I watch One Piece and read Naruto manga. I can't enjoy both?
You can enjoy both, your just making wild comparisons though.
I watch and enjoy both.

Firestorm

bathala said:
sigh, I forgot this is a One Piece thread

I watch One Piece and read Naruto manga. I can't enjoy both?
I do too.
That's why I'm confused as to how you could confuse the relationship they have. Naruto and Sasuke are nothing like Luffy and Usopp aside from having a fight due to differences before going their separate ways.

Not to mention the Luffy vs Usopp fight was 10000x more sad :(

Top Bottom