• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

bathala

Banned
Firestorm said:
I do too.
That's why I'm confused as to how you could confuse the relationship they have. Naruto and Sasuke are nothing like Luffy and Usopp aside from having a fight due to differences before going their separate ways.

Not to mention the Luffy vs Usopp fight was 10000x more sad :(
maybe it was the timing because I watched Naruto and Sasuke had that big fought where Sasuke left.

then later on, U get the Luffy and Usopp fight.

maybe its just coincidence

Twig

Banned
bathala said:
sigh, I forgot this is a One Piece thread

I watch One Piece and read Naruto manga. I can't enjoy both?
Then next time don't make comparisons where there are none to be made. I also enjoy both.

Well, for the most part. Naruto's pretty forced.
Neoriceisgood said:
Oh yeah?

Which one is better at
trolling the fans
?
You got me there.

How isnt Movie 10 Cannon? They already have mentioned the guy a bunch of times in the manga. Im thinking maybe Movie 10 might show how the strawhats are reunited.

But if it was not cannon I wouldn't be shocked either...

By the way, am I the only one who didn't expect Saldeath's skin colour?

Taken his odd proportions and impish overal appearance I expected a skintone less .... human?

Maron

TheOneGuy said:
It is canon. As has been stated in this thread a bunch of times. O;

It's also been stated that Luffy vs. Usopp was a rip off of Sasuke and Naruto. Oda's never said anything about it being canon (that's just stuff people here and other places came up with), he has said he'll never make another movie though. Just because the antagonist exists in the OP world doesn't mean that the movie's events actually happened. It's better to just enjoy the actual movie than debate, so let's just end this.

@SnakeSlashRO

Sorry, but the movie pretty much just pretends that the crew was never separated. We'll find out how they get together again when they actually...get together again in the manga anyway.

Twig

Banned
Maron said:
It's also been stated that Luffy vs. Usopp was a rip off of Sasuke and Naruto. Oda's never said anything about it being canon (that's just stuff people here and other places came up with), he has said he'll never make another movie though. Just because the antagonist exists in the OP world doesn't mean that the movie's events actually happened. It's better to just enjoy the actual movie than debate, so let's just end this.

@SnakeSlashRO

Sorry, but the movie pretty much just pretends that the crew was never separated. We'll find out how they get together again when they actually...get together again in the manga anyway.
Uh. It takes place before they were separated.

Maron

When has it been confirmed when it took place?

Also, if it did take place before the separation, then how come no one ever refers to it, like it never happened? People should stop trying to fit the movie into the storyline, even if Oda did make it. For now, it's really best to just assume it's not canon. Some people act as if it being canon is all the difference from it being a good movie or a bad movie.

Twig

Banned
Maron said:
When has it been confirmed when it took place?

Also, if it did take place before the separation, then how come no one ever refers to it, like it never happened? People should stop trying to fit the movie into the storyline, even if Oda did make it. For now, it's really best to just assume it's not canon. Some people act as if it being canon is all the difference from it being a good movie or a bad movie.
lol wut cralled up ur but

Maron

I'm not really upset, it's just kinda silly to have people argue that it's canon when there's no proof that it is. :lol

Nice arguement, though. Thanks for countering what I said in that last post. :lol

Anth0ny

Guys, the movie isn't canon. Greg, who saw the movie, has confirmed this. Shiki being a canon character does not mean the movie itself is canon.

Also, how awesome is Mr.2?

Twig

Banned
Maron said:
I'm not really upset, it's just kinda silly to have people argue that it's canon when there's no proof that it is. :lol

Nice arguement, though. Thanks for countering what I said in that last post. :lol
it shows

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
bathala said:
timeskip?

is he copying naruto again?
Don't you mean: "is he copying Dragonball again?"
bathala said:
maybe it was the timing because I watched Naruto and Sasuke had that big fought where Sasuke left.

then later on, U get the Luffy and Usopp fight.

maybe its just coincidence
Got some news for you buddy:

1. The Naruto vs Sasuke relationship/fight is itself copying Dragonball
  2. The Luffy vs Ussop fight came BEFORE the Naruto vs Sasuke fight

Twig

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
The Naruto vs Sasuke relationship/fight is itself copying Dragonball
Which fight in Dragonball?

I haven't watched DB in so long I remember almost nothing about it except constipated battles.

grandjedi6

14tbqky.png

One Piece - Ep 432 - The Unleashed Swan! A reunion with Bon Clay! (SUB)

neoanarch

Anth0ny said:
Guys, the movie isn't canon. Greg, who saw the movie, has confirmed this. Shiki being a canon character does not mean the movie itself is canon.

Also, how awesome is Mr.2?

Who is Greg and what did he say exactly?

bathala

Banned
took me couple of refresh to watch the whole episode.

damn missed the previous episode, but recap put me back.

animation looks great

grandjedi6

bgassassin said:
Oh Come My Way?!

They must have received come complaints about last week's translation.
Unlikely, considering they're done ahead of time. However they do use multiple translators...

TheOneGuy said:

I haven't watched DB in so long I remember almost nothing about it except constipated battles.
The Naruto/Sasuke relationship mirrors alot of the Goku/Vegeta relationship, but in this instance particularly I'm refering to when Vegeta purposely gave himself over to a villian and became evil just so he could become stronger since he was feeling inadequate compared to Goku's growth.

bathala said:
animation looks great
Yeah, I thought it was the best episode so far this arc. Especially in terms of pacing.

Its also awesome that the best character of the arc is finally here :)

I'm kinda confused though why Mr. 2 pretended to not know that Mr. 3 was captured. He said the same thing in the manga too, yet in the manga-only cover stories, Mr. 2 was captured along side Mr. 3. In fact, Bon Clay was to blame for it :lol (He did it for badass reasons though).

grandjedi6 said:
Unlikely, considering they're done ahead of time. However they do use multiple translators...

Oh yeah like I said I posted too soon since it was said towards the end of the episode.

Anth0ny

TheOneGuy said:

HURR

Who is Greg and what did he say exactly?

Greg is a super fan that translates all the Oda interviews and usually breaks One Piece related news to the community before anyone else. Of course, he lives in Japan, and after watching the movie twice, he says there's no way it can fit into the continuity. Also, he says that Oda never confirmed that it was canon, it was just something the fans assumed when it was announced that he was writing the story for the film.

Also, facepalm.jpg at "Oh Come My Way".

Twig

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
The Naruto/Sasuke relationship mirrors alot of the Goku/Vegeta relationship, but in this instance particularly I'm refering to when Vegeta purposely gave himself over to a villian and became evil just so he could become stronger since he was feeling inadequate compared to Goku's growth.
Ohhh, that. Yeah I remember that now.
Anth0ny said:
I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean.

I like Dragonball. :3

But it's true. The anime (Z) is filled with that shit.

mjc

Is it safe to mention a website where you can watch episodes of this show? I want to make sure its reliable/safe but I don't want to get the ban hammer.

I found a site that has all the episodes up to current ones subbed and I haven't seen any episodes yet. I've read the first volume of the manga and I liked it though so I figured I would give the anime a shot.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
TheOneGuy said:

If you haven't already check out DBKai, takes out all the filler and makes for a much better show.

dabig2

mjc said:
Is it safe to mention a website where you can watch episodes of this show? I want to make sure its reliable/safe but I don't want to get the ban hammer.

I found a site that has all the episodes up to current ones subbed and I haven't seen any episodes yet. I've read the first volume of the manga and I liked it though so I figured I would give the anime a shot.

Don't know the answer to your Q, but just for curiosity, does the website have a "watch" in the title?

Anyways, yeah, the anime is great. I'd also plug in if you really love it then support One Piece by buying the funimation DVDs if you can. They've subbed/dubbed a lot of the series by now. An excellent job at that for a fair price.

Firestorm

mjc said:

It's easy enough on Google so don't risk it. Especially considering you can easily watch them legally at http://www.onepieceofficial.com/

They have 1 - 70 and 420 - 432 right now. Navigation kinda sucks. They add a new episode three times a week (so 71 next) and the most recent from Japan every Saturday.

mjc

Firestorm said:
It's easy enough on Google so don't risk it. Especially considering you can easily watch them legally at http://www.onepieceofficial.com/

They have 1 - 70 and 420 - 432 right now. Navigation kinda sucks. They add a new episode three times a week (so 71 next) and the most recent from Japan every Saturday.

Ok cool, I didn't think that Funimation would have put them all up like that. I know they've been supporting FMA Brotherhood but this is great. Thanks!

mjc

dabig2 said:
Don't know the answer to your Q, but just for curiosity, does the website have a "watch" in the title?

Anyways, yeah, the anime is great. I'd also plug in if you really love it then support One Piece by buying the funimation DVDs if you can. They've subbed/dubbed a lot of the series by now. An excellent job at that for a fair price.

Yes sir, but now that I know about the official site I'll steer clear of that one I think.

Anth0ny

TheOneGuy said:

The number one thing I hear from people who hate Dragon Ball is "DRAGON BALL IS SO STUPID IT'S A BUNCH OF CONSTIPATED GUYS YELLING AT EACH OTHER."

I remember it sounding like that when the new dub team just started (Sabat and friends), but they've gotten much better at the whole "power up yelling" thing, and the Japanese version has never had a problem with that.

As for streaming One Piece, onepieceofficial.com is where you wanna go for 1-70 and 420-.

Until the DVD is released in your region, find the missing episodes through google. That "watch" website is a good start.

Twig

Banned
Anth0ny said:
The number one thing I hear from people who hate Dragon Ball is "DRAGON BALL IS SO STUPID IT'S A BUNCH OF CONSTIPATED GUYS YELLING AT EACH OTHER."
It is what it is, kid.

It's entirely possible to like something and still make fun of its flaws.

Belfast

"Oh Come My Way" is the way it's translated in the Viz manga version. FWIW, I still think it's stupid, especially since they don't really tone down anything else about him (and most kids reading have no idea what Okama means anyway). Just pointing out that there is some precedent for it.

mjc

It appears that the official site and Funimation do not have the first 22 episodes available for streaming. They start at 23 and go on from there. Hmmmmm

Firestorm

mjc said:
It appears that the official site and Funimation do not have the first 22 episodes available for streaming. They start at 23 and go on from there. Hmmmmm
That's really odd. they used to be there.

grandjedi6

Plywood said:
What were the reasons? D:
Honor and Heroic Sacrifice.
mjc said:
Firestorm said:
That's really odd. they used to be there.
Yeah, they're removing some of the earlier episodes as they put new ones on (if you check, some of the earlier 400-something episodes are missing too. Allegedly they plan on putting them back sometime, but apparently the plan is to rotate episodes in and out. So the website will sadly never have them all at once.

Top Bottom