• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Heng

My Perona is only at 20 skill cooldown. :( I wonder if I can make a double Whitebeard team work with Alvida.
If you choose to go with Alvida, then you have to make sure you kill 1 of the Doflamingo. He hits for ~2400 with Alvida's special, and you'll probably won't have enough health to take on two of them, assuming that you have about 17,000 health.

This is the team I'm going to use for him:
WB/WB
Usopp/Kid
Mihawk/Jozu (you can choose to replace him with Perona or Alvida)

Wave 1: You can take 4 hits on this wave, and stall as long as you can. The fodders hit for 3,500 per hit. Leave the QCK unit up as he will lock Mihawk and will have a 2 turn attack. You should be able to stall at least 4 turns here. You should also be under 30% here if you have 17,000 health.

Wave 2: Take out all the fodder units and bring the giant <20% and you'll stall additional 2 turns since the giant will buff his damage up under 20%. You should be able to stall 4 turns here.

Wave 3: Take out all the folders and kill the lobster when it's about to attack. You can take a hit from the turtle if you need additional turns to stall. The turtle does 1,280 damage per hit. Both turtle and lobster have 8 health each, if the lobster is on a 4 turn attack, you'll be able to stall an additional turn. You should be able to stall 5 turns here, 6 if you have a 4 turn lobster.

Wave 4: Do not kill the INT unit or the QCK unit, choose 1. Kill everything else and either Usopp or Mihawk will be locked here depending on who you choose. Each fodder has 5 health and the elder seahorse has 6. You should be able to stall 3 turns here.

Wave 5: He will start by taking 50% of your health here, which will leave you at 17 turns so far. Use WB special with Mihawk as well, and you'll have 2 turn to deal 823,200 damage to the copy on top (1 if you're using Alvida because failing to kill the top copy in 1 turn will allow him to boost the other one's attack). Use Usopp when his debuff protection wears off and you'll be able to kill him without a problem.

If you have a max skill Usopp, you can use him at the start of wave 4 for an additional 3 turns of stalling, which will allow you to use Perona with a 20 turn special instead. His special should be ready by the time the debuff protection wears off. If you need additional turns, take an extra hit on wave 1, but make sure to use 1 food orb before wave 3 and that you either have over 17,500 health or use 1 food orb between a hit. The food orb is not necessary if you have over 18,781 health.

bjork

Tried the WB forest with a G3 team that I had Rakuyo in for some reason, instead of Usopp. I made it to Fossa and Curiel before I got stomped, but I'm curious to try and at least make it to WB with this team, even if it isn't possible to beat him there.

bjork

I'm not sure if they adjust encounter rates, but I seem to recall Cindry popping up fairly often.

Gonna try and up my Sogeking's skill, just for kicks. I would say Urogue, but we know his skill up rate is 0% books and 100% sugo dupes.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
That woukd be nice... Playing Kalifa right now and Pauly shows up so often it's crazy. Maybe it's just because I just max skilled him.

RedBoot

I'm not sure if they adjust encounter rates, but I seem to recall Cindry popping up fairly often.

Gonna try and up my Sogeking's skill, just for kicks. I would say Urogue, but we know his skill up rate is 0% books and 100% sugo dupes.

I got Cindry to show up a grand total of one time (plus one Hogback+ Cindry boss fight, which dropped Hogback). Her skill book was certainly common, though.

There's actually a few things I'd like to skill up from Hogback's fortnight, so it'll be tough deciding between that and Prison Croc. Might just have to use some gems...

bjork

I got Cindry to show up a grand total of one time (plus one Hogback+ Cindry boss fight, which dropped Hogback). Her skill book was certainly common, though.

There's actually a few things I'd like to skill up from Hogback's fortnight, so it'll be tough deciding between that and Prison Croc. Might just have to use some gems...

I think I had bold happen as well, and it's one of those "oh, come on!" moments, heh.

RedBoot

Oh, and since we were talking about it yesterday, here's a Youtube of the Mihawk/Mihawk, Arlong, Mr. 1, Perona, Usopp team for Doffy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjiIEnF7DIc

Looks to work just fine. Not sure how vital it is to get red orbs for Arlong and Mr. 1 before Dofy, but there seems to be plenty of chances to get them. It does require skill-maxed Usopp, Mihawks, and Perona at 17 or lower.

RedBoot

I've gotten the Sea Cat to level 4 off of something like 10 skill books. Oh, for that kind of luck elsewhere.

(Also, why are Sea Cat books so rare here? I've gotten more Bonnie books)

RalchAC

Hey guys. If you're running Khalifa's island and you see Pauli, it'd be great if you posted here an screenshot for research purposes &#128526;

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Okay, I'm at special level 4, with 60 mihawks stocked up for the special rate event... and any leftovers can stay to be used for sockets.

3bjHbMq.jpg

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Double Blackbeard team... Heal up to full with Marco. Burst Mihawk down under 20%... He specials me for 100,000 HP. Survive with 400 HP, use BB special for a cool million.

Heng

I've set up a discord server to help with the blog and if anyone wants to join to make friend games easier to set up, then you guys can join too. This server is for gaf members only, and you can feel free to go in here to chat about anything but please avoid spoilers for OP.

Discord allows us to talk together, although I don't plan on using that function. It's mainly going to be used for communicating with one another through text rather than voice. If you're interested, go to https://discordapp.com and make an account. For the invitation to the server, quote this post to see it.

There's also a mobile app for discord. It can send you notifications when someone uses @username, so setting up the friend game is easy.

Kyou

I can't believe I can farm Mihawk with my janky Blam/Kuma team T_T

edit: Got an even 12, feels good to be able to farm even if I didnt have much time to do it.

RalchAC

I can't believe I can farm Mihawk with my janky Blam/Kuma team T_T

edit: Got an even 12, feels good to be able to farm even if I didnt have much time to do it.

Congrats! Hopefully you get a bunch of skill ups. Next time, if you have 2 Strength slashers and some max skilled friend Mihawks you could use a Slasher team too!

Monster Chopper teams work great too, even if they aren't skilled.

Bleh, missed half a day's worth of Mihawk, only got 5 or so. Oh well. He seems to be popping up pretty often these days, though, so I'm sure I'll get to max him eventually.

Congrats! Hopefully you get a bunch of skill ups. Next time, if you have 2 Strength slashers and some max skilled friend Mihawks you could use a Slasher team too!

Monster Chopper teams work great too, even if they aren't skilled.

Only if you can tank ~6k damage though.

I actually forgot about the HP reduction when I tried that. Unfortunate waste of 40 stamina.

RalchAC

Bleh, missed half a day's worth of Mihawk, only got 5 or so. Oh well. He seems to be popping up pretty often these days, though, so I'm sure I'll get to max him eventually.

Only if you can tank ~6k damage though.

I actually forgot about the HP reduction when I tried that. Unfortunate waste of 40 stamina.

6500 HP, yeah. Just bring 3 strength units, 2 units with high hp and Usopp and you're set. If your str units are at a decent level you can kill Mihawk in 2 turns as long as you get 1 marching orb.

Majukun

so..technically i should have 2 teams ready for doflamingo..the double mihawk team with

2xmihawk
arlong
mr 1
gp usopp
perona or jozu

or the monster chopper one with

2x MC
jozu
gp usopp
1 strong strenght guy
another strength guy or mihawk

both should be doable..but i don't know how safely and how relying on perfects..because if i have to do perfects,i might as well use g3 luffy

bjork

I'm missing a Mr. 1 from the mihawk team build, but everyone else is there. I'm assuming his special is the hook to his inclusion, so maybe I better get to it.

I'm missing a Mr. 1 from the mihawk team build, but everyone else is there. I'm assuming his special is the hook to his inclusion, so maybe I better get to it.

I decided it'd be a good idea to farm Mr.1 as well, as we have half stamina on Alubana today I decided "why not give it a try".

Got his drop on my second attempt lol.

and now i'm tempted to try for miss double finger -_-

My drop luck with story units has always been very ... hit or miss.

Croc was on my 3rd try.

Enel took me literally an entire week of farming with 2x drop rate.

Mr.2 ... 2nd try.

I've been trying to get a second croc as well, but less luck on that one.

/edit

So what exactly is the team that utilizes Mr.1 ?

Mihawk / Mihawk

Mr.1 / Arlong(?)

GPsopp / Perona

something like that?

RedBoot

Mihawk / Mihawk

Mr.1 / Arlong(?)

GPsopp / Perona

something like that?

Yup. The only replaceable unit seems to be Arlong, who could be subbed with Fossa...but everyone is more likely to have Arlong.

Based on the video I posted earlier, you use the Mihawks immediately, use Perona to tank the hit on turn 2, use Mr. 1 to reduce damage on turn 4 (Dofy 1 goes down around here), then you use Usopp and take down Dofy 2 before he gets another turn.

bjork

Yup. The only replaceable unit seems to be Arlong, who could be subbed with Fossa...but everyone is more likely to have Arlong.

Based on the video I posted earlier, you use the Mihawks immediately, use Perona to tank the hit on turn 2, use Mr. 1 to reduce damage on turn 4 (Dofy 1 goes down around here), then you use Usopp and take down Dofy 2 before he gets another turn.

Ha, and I have Fossa but no Mr 1 (yet), go figure.

RalchAC

I'm Clogger new intern (lol) and tbh a Mihawk team with Perona isn't that reliable.

At max level (without candy) the team has 19750 hp. You need to enter at Doffy's stage with 18002 hp, which is cut to 9001 with his preemptive.

This means you can only get hit (and once) by the turtle in stage 3. I'd strongly recommend having Usopp maxed so you can use it in stage 4.

New OT will be released tomorrow morning! Please don't post until I've reserved the first 2 posts.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
PLevel: 152 (Stamina: 94)
Captain: Lv76 G3 Luffy (special level 2)
Subs:
Lv97 Arlong
Lv60 Mihawk (Special level 4, but I have 60 mihawks saved up yesterday - I should be able to max during the skill up event)
Lv61 Jozu (Special lv 3, have 5 skillbooks saved, still farming them, should be able to max during the skill up event)
Max GPUsopp (Special level 2, 9 skillbooks saved, still farming them, should be able to max during the skills up event).

I'll continue to level up my luffy (and mihawk and jozu as the opporutnities present themselves), and to get my specials up. I should be good to go on farming doflamingo with a friend G3

Majukun

My drop luck with story units has always been very ... hit or miss.

Croc was on my 3rd try.

Enel took me literally an entire week of farming with 2x drop rate.

Mr.2 ... 2nd try.

I've been trying to get a second croc as well, but less luck on that one.

/edit

Mihawk / Mihawk

Mr.1 / Arlong(?)

GPsopp / Perona

something like that?

aaaand got miss double finger!

thank you for the inspiration

maybe later i'll try for mr 2 too XD

cw_sasuke

Yessir - Ohm get. Now i only need to get the Big Guy - Enel.

quickmemo_2015-12-19-1gzdh.png

Hey guys. If you're running Khalifa's island and you see Pauli, it'd be great if you posted here an screenshot for research purposes &#128526;
He shows up 80% of the time...crazy.
quickmemo_2015-12-19-juy53.png

New OT will be released tomorrow morning! Please don't post until I've reserved the first 2 posts.
Cool, looking forward to the new thread and OT.
I've set up a discord server to help with the blog and if anyone wants to join to make friend games easier to set up, then you guys can join too. This server is for gaf members only, and you can feel free to go in here to chat about anything but please avoid spoilers for OP.

Discord allows us to talk together, although I don't plan on using that function. It's mainly going to be used for communicating with one another through text rather than voice. If you're interested, go to https://discordapp.com and make an account. For the invitation to the server, quote this post to see it.

There's also a mobile app for discord. It can send you notifications when someone uses @username, so setting up the friend game is easy.

Good idea, i always wondered why there was no LINE GAF group for Barrel Breaking - seems way easier to do it via instant messaging than through the forum.
PLevel: 152 (Stamina: 94)
Captain: Lv76 G3 Luffy (special level 2)
Subs:
Lv97 Arlong
Lv60 Mihawk (Special level 4, but I have 60 mihawks saved up yesterday - I should be able to max during the skill up event)
Lv61 Jozu (Special lv 3, have 5 skillbooks saved, still farming them, should be able to max during the skill up event)
Max GPUsopp (Special level 2, 9 skillbooks saved, still farming them, should be able to max during the skills up event).

I'll continue to level up my luffy (and mihawk and jozu as the opporutnities present themselves), and to get my specials up. I should be good to go on farming doflamingo with a friend G3
Nice - perfect G3 team for Doffy.

Heng

Yessir - Ohm get. Now i only need to get the Big Guy - Enel.

Good idea, i always wondered why there was no LINE GAF group for Barrel Breaking - seems way easier to do it via instant messaging than through the forum.
Congrats on Ohm! I haven't even tried to farm him yet. Hopefully the next friend recruit with story mode units in the pool will get me the last missing characters I need...

In the past I've tried to gauge interest but the 0/5 are not interested in doing it through discord. It's too much of a hassle to do it here so I just gave up doing it. It's not like I need Beli anyways. :p

Majukun

Congrats on Ohm! I haven't even tried to farm him yet. Hopefully the next friend recruit with story mode units in the pool will get me the last missing characters I need...

In the past I've tried to gauge interest but the 0/5 are not interested in doing it through discord. It's too much of a hassle to do it here so I just gave up doing it. It's not like I need Beli anyways. :p

how this discord works?
also,tomorrow we are gold and i have 2 tries left

RedBoot

I'm Clogger new intern (lol) and tbh a Mihawk team with Perona isn't that reliable.

At max level (without candy) the team has 19750 hp. You need to enter at Doffy's stage with 18002 hp, which is cut to 9001 with his preemptive.

This means you can only get hit (and once) by the turtle in stage 3. I'd strongly recommend having Usopp maxed so you can use it in stage 4.

I've got Usopp 2 from max, so hopefully I can get enough GP books before Tuesday to max him out. I'll still give the Mihawk team a shot and see how it goes. I think I can make the MC team as well.

Hisoka

Sorry, i also got lazy somehow.
Anyways, winter holidays arrived, so i have enough time to spare now.
I'm just missing 3 story characters, then i'm done! I have the whole punch of Skypia already, Nola included.
I miss two in Jaya and one unit i didn't even remember that i miss it.. This marine guy Rat in Arlong Park chapter 4 xD TO HELL WITH YOU
But oh well, guess long ring long land will come soon enough to destroy my efforts of having all story units at a time, buhu...

Will try to get into this chat thing you mentioned earlier! I hope every 0&5 are ready tomorrow :p

And i look so forward to Croco.. 4 characters that need books: Kid, Blamenco, Mr.1 and Doublefinger. Hype.

RalchAC

I've got Usopp 2 from max, so hopefully I can get enough GP books before Tuesday to max him out. I'll still give the Mihawk team a shot and see how it goes. I think I can make the MC team as well.

If you manage to stall the necessary turns, the team should work as well as a Jozu one. The only problem could be getting there.

For the Monster Chopper team it shouldn't be a problem. They do more damage, so you shouldn't need to eat a second attack to be able to defeat the island.

I've seen a video with ohm instead of Arlong that manages to defeat Doffy in 7 turns. He is crazy lucky with the matching orbs.

It's crazy how easy it gets to stall after sockets. Those problems become completely trivial.

Majukun

Sorry, i also got lazy somehow.
Anyways, winter holidays arrived, so i have enough time to spare now.
I'm just missing 3 story characters, then i'm done! I have the whole punch of Skypia already, Nola included.
I miss two in Jaya and one unit i didn't even remember that i miss it.. This marine guy Rat in Arlong Park chapter 4 xD TO HELL WITH YOU
But oh well, guess long ring long land will come soon enough to destroy my efforts of having all story units at a time, buhu...

Will try to get into this chat thing you mentioned earlier! I hope every 0&5 are ready tomorrow :p

And i look so forward to Croco.. 4 characters that need books: Kid, Blamenco, Mr.1 and Doublefinger. Hype.
same..also i don't really need anyone from hogback that much..so i can completely dedicate myself to that fortnight and trying to max those 4..hope the drop rates are decent

Hisoka

same..also i don't really need anyone from hogback that much..so i can completely dedicate myself to that fortnight and trying to max those 4..hope the drop rates are decent

Same yeah.. I will totally focus on Croco. Please Kid books, don't be as rare as Kuma, it still hurts.

Oh, one thing. Does anyone know how many cola someone can have? After merry & coffin, i didn't use any. Now i'm at 970 hah.. I'm somehow afraid that the counter resets at 999, anyone already been there? Wanted to make a fancy screenshot with me having 999 and then blowing them in the wind. For sure it won't be moby dick, as if i ever got a rayleigh, or any 6* at all. GEEEEZ.
Didn't pull last sugo, hoarding gems right now. Will use all once we get legendary up, will still pull none, ragequit afterwards

Heng

how this discord works?
also,tomorrow we are gold and i have 2 tries left
It's like Skype; you can choose to talk by hopping into a channel or you can chat using text like messaging portion of Skype.

The only problem now is that since I've updated the app I am no longer notified when someone uses @heng.

ah_hia

About to start this for the first time. I have no idea what I'm doing. First time playing a game like this.
Get good starter units. Preferably gear 3 luffy if you are willing to reroll. Also check how to reroll on pc or mobile. It will save you a lot of time from rerolling.

RalchAC

Any OT suggestions?

-One Piece Treasure Cruise OT2: A Doffy under the Christmas tree.
-One Piece Treasure Cruise OT2: "We don't have a navigator" -said Bartolomeo. Namco either.
-One Piece Treasure Cruise OT2: Every announcement is a surprise when Namco is your navigator.
-One Piece Treasure Cruise OT2: You know Luffy, we really are the last to tap.

I dunno, I haven't wake up in a funny mood. So just tell me whatever you want to see there.

cw_sasuke

I liked Kyuos "One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| : Zephyr Any Day Now..." from the prevision page xD

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Same yeah.. I will totally focus on Croco. Please Kid books, don't be as rare as Kuma, it still hurts.

Oh, one thing. Does anyone know how many cola someone can have? After merry & coffin, i didn't use any. Now i'm at 970 hah.. I'm somehow afraid that the counter resets at 999, anyone already been there? Wanted to make a fancy screenshot with me having 999 and then blowing them in the wind.

Kid books will more than likely have the same drop rate as Kuma. Hopefully luck is on your side.

999 is indeed the cap for cola, I've reached it 2-3 times I think and am still sitting on it until I succeed for the Moby Dick. You can still however acquire cola but it doesn't add beyond the cap. So it ends up being wasted cola via snails or drops. Also if Bamco sends us cola via mail and you're at 999, apparently you won't be able to open that mail until you have space for cola (so I've heard from another player).

chrono01

Any OT suggestions?

-One Piece Treasure Cruise OT2: "We don't have a navigator" -said Bartolomeo. Namco either.
-One Piece Treasure Cruise OT2: Every announcement is a surprise when Namco is your navigator.
-One Piece Treasure Cruise OT2: You know Luffy, we really are the last to tap.

I dunno, I haven't wake up in a funny mood. So just tell me whatever you want to see there.
One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT2|: The Will of D(espair)

Majukun

It's like Skype; you can choose to talk by hopping into a channel or you can chat using text like messaging portion of Skype.

The only problem now is that since I've updated the app I am no longer notified when someone uses @heng.
isn't that the main reason to use it instead of just posting here?

anyway, if all of use 0,5 use it, I'm OK, but if we are not all there, post in 2 different places is useless
I liked Kyuos "One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| : Zephyr Any Day Now..." from the prevision page xD
I like it

Hisoka

About to start this for the first time. I have no idea what I'm doing. First time playing a game like this.

Either reroll until at least G3 Luffy, or wait for the next sugo and better reroll a legend. Doesn't matter at the beginning, but later on, legendarys are awesome. Would i begin now, i would reroll for a legend. Wasn't available as i started back then, so i'm totally ok with having none.
HNGH

Any OT suggestions?

This, but he isn't on christmas.
Maybe we could use the fact, that he's on new years eve and a new year starts.
One Piece Treasure Cruise OT2: Doflamingo heralds the new age

Change herald with announce or dunno.. Also funny

Would also be ok with this! Haha

Kid books will more than likely have the same drop rate as Kuma. Hopefully luck is on your side.

999 is indeed the cap for cola, I've reached it 2-3 times I think and am still sitting on it until I succeed for the Moby Dick. You can still however acquire cola but it doesn't add beyond the cap. So it ends up being wasted cola via snails or drops. Also if Bamco sends us cola via mail and you're at 999, apparently you won't be able to open that mail until you have space for cola (so I've heard from another player).

Oh ok, so i won't get my hopes high, but thanks.
Cool, so i will do one fancy screenshot later and then get myself one awesome dinghy hehe.

isn't that the main reason to use it instead of just posting here?

anyway, if all of use 0,5 use it, I'm OK, but if we are not all there, post in 2 different places is useless
I like it

Yeah lol. What now? I'm ready buddys!

Top Bottom