• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

chrono01

Nice to hear Doffy is coming! It's a shame about New Year's Eve though, but then I'd probably only grab a single copy anyway [waiting for sockets before I attempt to skill him up].

I think this will be the first skill-up event where I have nothing. All of the books that released since the last one I either already had max'd or don't have the character. :(

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Nice to hear Doffy is coming! It's a shame about New Year's Eve though, but then I'd probably only grab a single copy anyway [waiting for sockets before I attempt to skill him up].

I think this will be the first skill-up event where I have nothing. All of the books that released since the last one I either already had max'd or don't have the character. :(
Aisa tho.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Glad that Doffy is coming but NYE and shortly after skill up? That's cruel.

Let's see how I will manage that one.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Doffy! However, mixed feelings about the raid being on NYE. I may adopt the horde and stash approach with this one and am looking to clean box space. Everything will go: raid boss copies, evolvers, etc. Anything that isn't a Ryuma or lobster.

Also unsurprised they're releasing him after the special level event. I just hope the rate ups aren't nerfed.

The Whitebeard training forest is hard. I haven't beat it yet myself but outside of maxed specials, you need some relative orb luck. Nothing dramatic, but 1 or 2 orbs here and there, timely food orbs to heal up along the way too. I ditched the Ray team as it wasn't giving enough output, Log Luffy makes the troublesome Jozu stage completely unfair with his special. Right now I can comfortably get up to 18/20, then it takes a bit of planning with 19. The problem I'm having is having enough HP. I feel it's doable, but in the same sense there is no rush once Doffy comes out, it'll be more viable. I'll keep trying in the coming days. Still trying to finish off Bonney's special with the duck fortnight.

I'll see how I feel about Christmas Law/Bonney when the time comes. I'd rather save what gems I have through the end of the month for Doffy.

bjork

I went in too hard on the last sugo, I think I need to sit this one out...

also I'm shocked they didnt do Christmas Chopper. He's a reindeer.

My "go too hard" one was the first with Rayleigh, and then he didn't even drop. I would like to hope that they'd up the rate of the christmas units to be easier to pull. Or make a special holiday recruit, like the special egg machines in Puzzle and Dragons.

Majukun

great event.. only problem is that the 2 Christmas units are all alone, and are not enough to justify pulls.. they should give us a Xmas sugo.

I'm gonna discharge a lot of garp and Mr and replace it with Dofla and bb
although, during the 1st of January? I don't know if I wanna pass it farming.. but doflamingo...
by the way, duck fortnight is passing me off, always the same run, always blue and red ducks and never the green one.. had to sell some of the red and blue one and have 2 carue I can't evolve

cw_sasuke

I love Law but his Christmas version is a worse Slasher Captain than Mihawk and a worse sub than regular Law, which i already own so yeah...i will pass. Not that i had the stones to pull anyway. Not interested in Bonney either....

They're saving people from farming it so they can try and release sockets beforehand. Good guy Bamco.

lol...yeah thats probably the case.

But to be honest its fine - especially considering the last 2 skill ups events werent too long ago, just glad that we are finally getting Doffy. Once we have him farming other Raidbosses will be easier.

Nibel

Spending time with family and friends..

or farming Don Flamingo..

ib29hwlngt6vua80s1c.gif

Majukun

well sockets might arrive before we get another skillup event...so farming Dofla might not be a bad idea.. but here in Europe we should spend the 1st of the year farming.. hmm...

RalchAC

well sockets might arrive before we get another skillup event...so farming Dofla might not be a bad idea.. but here in Europe we should spend the 1st of the year farming.. hmm...

The first day of the year I usually sleep until it's time for launch and after that it's pretty much doing nothing and enduring my hangover until I get sleepy again lol. I guess I could do some runs in the afternoon and evening while I see a film or something with the family.

cw_sasuke

Paulie drops more often than Kalifa for me...lol.
The first day of the year I usually sleep until it's time for launch and after that it's pretty much doing nothing and enduring my hangover until I get sleepy again lol. I guess I could do some runs in the afternoon and evening while I see a film or something with the family.

Yeah thats pretty much always the case with me as well.

How much i can and will farm depends on how difficult it ends up being. It would be really bad if i had to work that day...but i should be fine for a couple hours,

wilstreak

Are there any PC emulators that still work with the Global version?

Last week I use Bluestacks to re-roll until i got Rayleigh, so yeah, it should work

Btw, if i use Ray as a captain and also choose Ray friend, do the boost multiplier stack to 8?
or 2 captain with the same ability doesn't stack?

RalchAC

Last week I use Bluestacks to re-roll until i got Rayleigh, so yeah, it should work

Btw, if i use Ray as a captain and also choose Ray friend, do the boost multiplier stack to 8?
or 2 captain with the same ability doesn't stack?

The multiplier stacks. But 4x multiplied by 4x is 16x, not 8x :p

How are you doing, do you think you'll be able to get a Mihawk tomorrow using a Rayleigh team, or are you going to use the Laboon/Pell + Vivi combo?

wilstreak

The multiplier stacks. But 4x multiplied by 4x is 16x, not 8x :p

How are you doing, do you think you'll be able to get a Mihawk tomorrow using a Rayleigh team, or are you going to use the Laboon/Pell + Vivi combo?

oh i though it is counted using the base number times 2, sweet

I am not sure i am following, but how do i get Mihawk?
the only extra event that i see is the one with Carue, Duck and some forest (maybe WB forest)

And sadly i don't have any of Laboon/Pell,Vivi. Should I farm Laboon?

RalchAC

oh i though it is counted using the base number times 2, sweet

I am not sure i am following, but how do i get Mihawk?
the only extra event that i see is the one with Carue, Duck and some forest (maybe WB forest)

And sadly i don't have any of Laboon/Pell,Vivi. Should I farm Laboon?

Mihawk is tomorrow, for what I've read. It's a special 24h island that appears every once in a while. You can often see what will appear in the future setting your phone date to a different date.

For some reason it seems they aren't telling people in advance he is coming.

If Laboon island isn't in 2x Drop, don't farm him tbh. You have a Rayleigh, you're probably going to do well enough without him until the next time he appears (which should be in 1-2 months)

wilstreak

Do I have to do anything special to get it to work? Whenever I run the game in Bluestacks it crashes after the intro cinematic.

I am not really sure about that
in my case i just install bluestack on my computer, download Root Explorer APK and One Piece Global APK and install it in the Bluestack.
In my initial launch, i remember that Google ask me to enter my google account (like when you just buy new Android) and after that everything works fine even after 50 or so re-rolling

Mihawk is tomorrow, for what I've read. It's a special 24h island that appears every once in a while. You can often see what will appear in the future setting your phone date to a different date.

For some reason it seems they aren't telling people in advance he is coming.

If Laboon island isn't in 2x Drop, don't farm him tbh. You have a Rayleigh, you're probably going to do well enough without him until the next time he appears (which should be in 1-2 months)

Oh, so Mihawk only appears once in 1/2 months? I bet you need a lot of tier 1 or Tier 1.5 character anyway to defeat him

Currently I am Whiskey peak lv 47. My cap is Enraged Arlong + G2 luffy, Zoro, Nami, and Gold Usopp.
I don't even use my Rayleigh because of the cost limitation and the other character i got from last drawing is Blamenco, Bonney, Nojiko, and Arlong. Othe farmable is pretty useless like Pearl, Momo,Gin, Kalifa (this one seems decent). Trying to farm for Alvida and Zeff but to no avail. LOL
What do you recommend me doing?
I have 30 rainbow gem, but maybe i will spend some on christmast event, hoping to get christmast Law

RalchAC

Oh, so Mihawk only appears once in 1/2 months? I bet you need a lot of tier 1 or Tier 1.5 character anyway to defeat him

Currently I am Whiskey peak lv 47. My cap is Enraged Arlong + G2 luffy, Zoro, Nami, and Gold Usopp.
I don't even use my Rayleigh because of the cost limitation and the other character i got from last drawing is Blamenco, Bonney, Nojiko, and Arlong. Othe farmable is pretty useless like Pearl, Momo,Gin, Kalifa (this one seems decent). Trying to farm for Alvida and Zeff but to no avail. LOL
What do you recommend me doing?
I have 30 rainbow gem, but maybe i will spend some on christmast event, hoping to get christmast Law

Mmmm...

Can you tell me your max team cost and your Arlong and G2 Luffy levels?

I just got a hiking bear from friend recruit, what lol. Never seen this unit before.

Doflamingo on New Year's eve is ... something. I wonder if I have the materials for a viable Do-slaying team.

I've got maxed Gear 3rd & Max Skill Mihawk ... aside from that I'm not sure.

No Jozu, which a lot of people seem to rely on to beat his raid.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I just got a hiking bear from friend recruit, what lol. Never seen this unit before.

Doflamingo on New Year's eve is ... something. I wonder if I have the materials for a viable Do-slaying team.

Jozu can be replaced with 18 turn Perona iirc.

RalchAC

Do you have a Perona? I think a Perona with a 18 turns CD can be used against Doffy instead of Jozu.

Sure
team cost 62. Arlong lv 38, g2 Luffy lv 26. Recently I am trying to evolve my pound Phoenix Zoro, that's why Arlong & Luffy kinda left behind

Damn, you were almost there. I had made this team, which should have been able to do (at least) the 30 stamina version.

Maybe something like this other team?

It shouldn't be enough to do the 40 stamina version (which gives you a guaranteed copy), but you may be able to defeat the 30 stamina version...

wilstreak

Do you have a Perona? I think a Perona with a 18 turns CD can be used against Doffy instead of Jozu.

Damn, you were almost there. I had made this team, which should have been able to do (at least) the 30 stamina version.

Maybe something like this other team?

It shouldn't be enough to do the 40 stamina version (which gives you a guaranteed copy), but you may be able to defeat the 30 stamina version...

wow, a team with Turtle,didn't expected that, but I guess it is the only way to have 2 Ray
thank you RalchAc, i will try it tomorrow.
So even with 30 Stamina event, there is a chance of actullay getting mihawk, right?

RalchAC

wow, a team with Turtle,didn't expected that, but I guess it is the only way to have 2 Ray
thank you RalchAc, i will try it tomorrow.
So even with 30 Stamina event, there is a chance of actullay getting mihawk, right?

Yeah, there is around a 40% chance you grab him.

Tell us your spoils!

O: ... I got a Perona with exactly 18 turns for her skill ...

So who else is on this hypothetical team?

2x G3, Max Mihawk, Perona 18 turns ... that leaves 2 holes. O:

Something like this could work, I think:

G3 / G3
STR unit / Mihawk
Perona / Golden Pound Usopp.

The STR slot can be filled with any heavy hitter. Monster Chopper, Arlong, Kid...

Yeah, there is around a 40% chance you grab him.

Tell us your spoils!

G3 / G3
STR unit / Mihawk

The STR slot can be filled with any heavy hitter. Monster Chopper, Arlong, Kid...

I'm pretty sure I ran a team like that through my simulator at some point, and I definitely was able to make it work. I just can't remember the actual team members now.... I'll try to run it again later.

bjork

G3 / G3
STR unit / Mihawk

If this is viable, this is the first team where I'll have all max levels and max skills for a raid boss. How many copies do you think Doflamingo needs for max skill, like 100? :(

Majukun

so, the usual. monster chopper team for Dofla uses also a SW franky not already on global.. what character should I use? kid, which has the same orb manipulation but not the matching orb boost?maybe Alvida for tanking another hit... although I don't have it maxxed , so I don't know it will charge fast enough, sure jozu plus gp usopp should give me a good amounts of rounds before Dofla can actually touch me....
ir maybe mihawk for an extra 30% discount on Dofla hp..

If this is viable, this is the first team where I'll have all max levels and max skills for a raid boss. How many copies do you think Doflamingo needs for max skill, like 100? :(

It works, I just ran it through my battle simulator. You'll use Perona's special on the first attack and then you'll use GP Usopp on the 4th turn. You can use Mihawk's special on either the first or second turn. Obviously first is better, but second still gets the job done.

Shouldn't be that hard to stall either, because you only take 1,800 damage from Doffy this way. That gives you ~10.8k HP to stall with on the first four stages. Just don't miss any perfects, because you're dead if he gets an attack off. Nevermind, you actually have a whole extra turn to kill him if you mess up a combo along the way.

Here's the team I used: https://optc.github.io/damage/#/tra...227:99,15:50,392:70C1,10B600D0E0O0L0G0R0S100H

I'm thinking of running this team. My biggest problem is that my BB has 0 skill ups, and I don't think I can farm him for more. I'm unsure if I could stall for 30 turns.

I am unsure if a Mihawk or Chopper team would work for me, because I don't have Jozu and my Perona CD is only 19.

cw_sasuke

Aw man, you don't have any room for error? That's brutal.

I'm so used to having like 4 turns to do it right w. Mihawk. x_x;
I love G3 but I would probably go crazy knowing that if a single missed perfect against Doffy means 60 stamina waste.

That's why I probably won't use him too much.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm thinking of running this team. My biggest problem is that my BB has 0 skill ups, and I don't think I can farm him for more. I'm unsure if I could stall for 30 turns.

I am unsure if a Mihawk or Chopper team would work for me, because I don't have Jozu and my Perona CD is only 19.

You cannot stall for 30 turns on 5 stages. Pretty close to being impossible without taking a ton of damage and probably dying.

Also, I don't think BB raises the HP of non-STR characters, so you're losing a ton of potential health and still taking 4x damage.

Aw man, you don't have any room for error? That's brutal.

I'm so used to having like 4 turns to do it right w. Mihawk. x_x;

I love G3 but I would probably go crazy knowing that if a single missed perfect against Doffy means 60 stamina waste.

That's why I probably won't use him too much.

Woops, I misspoke. You actually have one extra turn to get the job done. So there IS some room for error!

cw_sasuke

Im still figuring out which BB team is better for Dofla. A or B ?

Team A

My other two teams - i think Mihawk should work and i dont know if both MC skills need to be maxed for his teams.

I dont think BB makes sense if you cant active both leaders - probably better off with a Mihawk or Chopper team if possible.
Woops, I misspoke. You actually have one extra turn to get the job done. So there IS some room for error!

Okay thats WAY better...zero mistakes would be too harsh. Still quite stressful especially when the last Raid was BB and he was so ridiculous easy/smooth with Double Jozu.

Majukun

Im still figuring out which BB team is better for Dofla. A or B ?

Team A

My other two teams - i think Mihawk should work and i dont know if both MC skills need to be maxed for his teams.

I dont think BB makes sense if you cant active both leaders - probably better off with a Mihawk or Chopper team if possible.

Okay thats WAY better...zero mistakes would be too harsh. Still quite stressful especially when the last Raid was BB and he was so ridiculous easy/smooth with Double Jozu.
I'm thinking of a similiar monster chopper team with

monster chopper x2
arlong or g3 luffy
mihawk or alvida
jozu
gp usopp

in a video I saw it was almost that, with g3 instead of Alvida and SW franky instead of arlong.. it gives a good boost, but given how tanky Dofla is, it might give the same effect just cutting both Dofla hp by 30% with mihawk, although with Base atk.
another interesting character can be kidd, good atk, self orb manipulation.. Basically a SW franky without the matching orb bonus

RedBoot

I'm going with Mihawk/Mihawk, Arlong, Mr.1, Perona, and Usopp myself. Basically the team I've been planning for months, back from before they started mixing up the raid boss order. Should work fine, though how well I can farm will depend on how many max Mihawk friends are up.

I'm going with Mihawk/Mihawk, Arlong, Mr.1, Perona, and Usopp myself. Basically the team I've been planning for months, back from before they started mixing up the raid boss order. Should work fine, though how well I can farm will depend on how many max Mihawk friends are up.

Are you sure that this works? I was pretty sure it did, but I can't get it to work in my simulator now. I think I may be messing up the special usage, but I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Top Bottom