• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Majukun

I'm going with Mihawk/Mihawk, Arlong, Mr.1, Perona, and Usopp myself. Basically the team I've been planning for months, back from before they started mixing up the raid boss order. Should work fine, though how well I can farm will depend on how many max Mihawk friends are up.
does this need any skill level on Mr 1?

RalchAC

Are you sure that this works? I was pretty sure it did, but I can't get it to work in my simulator now. I think I may be messing up the special usage, but I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I think some teams use ohm instead since you have a bigger chance to get matching orb with his special. Mihawk teams don't seem to have much room for errors.

Are we even 100% sure that it can't be longer? That team you posted earlier has 10.8k health that can be used to stall with one the first four stages. Are you already taking that into account?

Nope. I haven't run really in depth calculations since my Perona was maxed and I got Jozu. But it's what has been said. In theory you would need to enter the boss fight with 3601 hp. Right? With Perona Doffy's attack should deal 1800 damage.

does this need any skill level on Mr 1?

No.

Nope. I haven't run really in depth calculations since my Perona was maxed and I got Jozu. But it's what has been said. In theory you would need to enter the boss fight with 3601 hp. Right? With Perona Doffy's attack should deal 1800 damage.

Yup, just need 3,601 going into the fight.

Majukun

how the hell is possible that i got like 12 consecutive blue ducks and not one single green one?
this is not rng,this is deliberate

how the hell is possible that i got like 12 consecutive blue ducks and not one single green one?
this is not rng,this is deliberate

I'd link to that random chance Dilbert comic, but I can no longer link Dilbert in good consciousness after discovering the truth.

But yes [lol random chance].

/edit

Also Carue progress:

31 x evolved carue

16 x Godsopp.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'm thinking of a similiar monster chopper team with

monster chopper x2
arlong or g3 luffy
mihawk or alvida
jozu
gp usopp

in a video I saw it was almost that, with g3 instead of Alvida and SW franky instead of arlong.. it gives a good boost, but given how tanky Dofla is, it might give the same effect just cutting both Dofla hp by 30% with mihawk, although with Base atk.
another interesting character can be kidd, good atk, self orb manipulation.. Basically a SW franky without the matching orb bonus

I just realized....do you need Mihawk on MC teams or are the runs faster using him ? If played right are Jozu + Golden Pound enough to kill him off with the couple turns left ?

I think i will have to look up a couple videos before the release to see what works and what not. I was looking forward to Doffy but havent really checked what the stage is about and how long you can stall.
I think some teams use ohm instead since you have a bigger chance to get matching orb with his special. Mihawk teams don't seem to have much room for errors.

I would love to use Ohm on that team...if he would just drop. With Mihawk you really need consistent damage so bad orb luck can screw you over...still have some time maybe i can get Ohm before Doffy.

Majukun

I just realized....do you need Mihawk on MC teams or are the runs faster using him ? If played right are Jozu + Golden Pound enough to kill him off with the couple turns left ?

I think i will have to look up a couple videos before the release to see what works and what not. I was looking forward to Doffy but havent really checked what the stage is about and how long you can stall.

I would love to use Ohm on that team...if he would just drop. With Mihawk you really need consistent damage so bad orb luck can screw you over...still have some time maybe i can get Ohm before Doffy.

it's not needed,but every hp counts with a MC team since you can't get hit even once or you are dead..the first doffy,the one on the top that you kill before being able to use god usopp definitely needs a little "push" to die from what i saw..either from 2 good MC specials,or some good orbs on some strenght guys

a turn 1 mihawk should be able to give a good chunk of damage to both doffys..but you have to calculate that it doesn't get any boosyt contrary to another strenght guy..so its one big hit vs a couple smaller hits

RedBoot

Are you sure that this works? I was pretty sure it did, but I can't get it to work in my simulator now. I think I may be messing up the special usage, but I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I saw it mentioned a lot a few months back as a team that works. Just glancing at the math, the team should be able to take down one Dofy in four turns with neutral orbs.

If the damage is too low, I could swap Mr. 1 out with Fossa if I can level the latter in time. Though I think you might actually need Mr. 1's damage reduction ability. I guess I haven't done enough research yet. :p

I did some math and realized that it should be possible to use a 19 CD Perona as long as the team has 6861 HP, so I'll be rocking this team:
skTKg5q.png

1/5 = 4 Turns w/ No Dmg (let the Blue Axe Pirate lock Perona)
2/5 = 4 Turns w/ No Dmg (get the Red Giant down to 20% HP so he buffs himself)
3/5 = 6 Turns w/ 3260 Dmg (let the Lobster and Turtle each hit once)
4/5 = 3 Turns w/ No Dmg (let the Purple Gunner lock Usopp and Blue Spearman lock Perona)
5/5 = 2 Turns w/ No Dmg before needing Perona (Doffy's Preemptive half HP + Doffy's Def buff)

Anyone with a max CD Usopp can extend the above stalling by an additional 3 turns via popping it at the start of 4/5. There are 10 turns between that and Doffy's first attack after the debuff protector wears off.

I based my turn calculations on this video.

Majukun

just got the 12th blue duck and still no green duck..i have now 5 carue that i cannot evolve and no space in the storage
on the other end khalifa droppings are poor too,and no skillbook for blamenco at all.

chrono01

I did some math and realized that it should be possible to use a 19 CD Perona as long as the team has 6861 HP, so I'll be rocking this team:

1/5 = 4 Turns w/ No Dmg (let the Blue Axe Pirate lock Perona)
2/5 = 4 Turns w/ No Dmg (get the Red Giant down to 20% HP so he buffs himself)
3/5 = 6 Turns w/ 3260 Dmg (let the Lobster and Turtle each hit once)
4/5 = 3 Turns w/ No Dmg (let the Purple Gunner lock Usopp and Blue Spearman lock Perona)
5/5 = 2 Turns w/ No Dmg before needing Perona (Doffy's Preemptive half HP + Doffy's Def buff)

Anyone with a max CD Usopp can extend the above stalling by an additional 3 turns via popping it at the start of 4/5. There are 10 turns between that and Doffy's first attack after the debuff protector wears off.

I based my turn calculations on this video.
Very nice, thanks for this. I might go with this team.

I could use G3 Luffy, but as previously mentioned the risk of a single missed Perfect resulting in instant death...

Qmzn

Neo Member
Hey all, I have a spare Global account to give to a good home for the holidays. Figure I'd give GAF first crack. Has some decent stuff, quite strong in the INT department. Here's the highlights:

MAX Going Merry
Lv. 25 G3 Luffy
Lv. 55 Marco (24 turn special)
Lv. 52 Vista (14 turn special)
Lv. 34 Nico Robin
Lv. 84 Mihawk (20 turn special)
Lv. 55 Kaku (MAX special)
Lv. 55 Lucci (MAX special)
Lv. 70 Sergeant Helmeppo (MAX Special)
Lv. 50 Flame Mirror Ace
Lv. 50 Happiness Punch Nami
Lv. 50 Gecko Moria
Lv. 40 Urouge
Lv. 47 Kid (Unevolved)
Lv. 20 Fossa (Unevolved)
Lv. 40 Impact Dial Usopp
Lv. 75 Princess Vivi
Lv. 45 Garp
Lv. 55 Monster Chopper
Lv. 35 Mutton Shot Mr. Prince
Lv. 1 Mirage Tempo Nami
Lv. 1 Beppo

Plus some other F2P stuff, like Arlong, Marines, and such. Drop me a PM if interested.

RedBoot

Wow, Prisoner Croc is the next fortnight? I was so sure it would be Afro Luffy. I wonder why they're skipping Bon Clay/Mr 3, though? Maybe because Croc's fortnight has lots of STR skill books for Dofy?

Either way, I'm good with it. I have like 4 characters I need to skill up from Croc's fortnight (in addition to Croc and Daz Bones), so I'm happy to do it during a skill boost event.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Content has just been free flowing from the tap this holiday. Right when I'm gonna be MIA on vacation. I'll be back for Doffy even though it's on NYE.

wilstreak

Has defeated Mihawk with 2 rainbow gem (but i guess i can afford to use only 1 in the next try), but since how much more difficult Master compared to Expert difficulty

I guess i don't mind spending 5 gem for sure Mihawk but not if i have to spend like 20 or more and i only have 2 remaining Rayleigh friend for today

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
okay, what's a decent team to farm Mihawk with

I'm running double G3, Arlong, GP Usopp, Coby, and DJ Sanji.

Basically, you set up your STR orbs on stage 2, take out the dex slasher with one of your STR characters the first turn of stage 3, stall on the penguin for specials and hopefully that 3rd matching STR orb, then you use sanji's special on stage 4, and usopp and coby's specials on mihawk, and go to town.

Longer details:

set up your orbs for your STR character on stage 2 (turtles) and stall for usopp, coby,, and sanji's specials on stage 3 (take the slasher out with one of these and one of your STR characters on the first time, stall with DJ sanji on the penguin from thereafter, manipulating orbs for your 3rd STR unit while stalling by letting him only get 1 hit in per tap). you'll mainly be stalling on stage 3: only stall on stage 2 if you have meat orbs to heal, and only take a max of 1 wave of attacks from 2 turtles, max.

You should finish stage 3 with STR orbs on at least 2, but preferably all 3, of your STR units, and maybe some matching orbs on sanji, usopp, and coby, too. YOU MUST FINISH STAGE 3 WITH AT LEAST 4001 HP, OTHERWISE YOU'LL DIE TO MIHAWK'S PREEMPTIVE.

Stage 4, use DJ Sanji's special to clear everything.

Stage 5, use usopp and coby's specials, then hit your perfects and wreck MIhawk. With all orbs and all perfects you'll be doing 1.5-2 million damage depending on levels, and probably 500k+ without coby's special and only one matching STR orb. Per turn

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So I ran Mihawk with double log Luffy, Mihawk, WB, fossa, and Usopp. I stalled for max cool downs on everyone. I couldn't even finish my attack string before he died.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Well, I got 19 mihawks tonight. I think I'll go to sleep and get another 31 tomorrow. (Currently my mihawk is special level 4). 50 Mihawks during a skill up event should allow me to max my special, right?

Copons

So I ran Mihawk with double log Luffy, Mihawk, WB, fossa, and Usopp. I stalled for max cool downs on everyone. I couldn't even finish my attack string before he died.

Lol, everytime he comes back I spend quite a lot of time studying the best team possible, because I always forget what I used the previous time.
Then I go there and seal the deal in 2 turns top.
I guess I should glue a sticky note on the back of my phone saying "just go with whatever team you're active right now".

EDIT: someone knows exactly the Japanese fortnights order? (the jp blog has apparently random dates for the fortnight posts)
Are they skipping Impel Down Baroque (the one with Mr. 2 and 3)? I mean, if I hadn't dropped Mr. 2 during the last Sugo, I'd be crying hard. :'(

alben

Neo Member
EDIT: someone knows exactly the Japanese fortnights order? (the jp blog has apparently random dates for the fortnight posts)
Are they skipping Impel Down Baroque (the one with Mr. 2 and 3)? I mean, if I hadn't dropped Mr. 2 during the last Sugo, I'd be crying hard. :'(
They're skipping the mr.2 fortnight, but the Mr.2 in that island is not the psy one. The fortnight that has a chance to drop psy mr.2 is the kimono

Copons

They're skipping the mr.2 fortnight, but the Mr.2 in that island is not the psy one. The fortnight that has a chance to drop psy mr.2 is the kimono

Yeah, I didn't explain at all: I know they're different Mr. 2, but he's my favorite OP character, and if I hadn't dropped him (regardless of what version), now I'd be complaining they skipped his fortnight.

Anyway, sometimes I'd love to be in the Global people's heads, to know why they change the fortnights order every now and then.

cw_sasuke

Prisoner Croc as next Fortnight is great... Almost all drops are useful and during 2x skill up. Looking forward to skill up Kid and Mr. 1.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Bonney refuses to get her last skill up... bah. Done trying, just gonna stash some books over the weekend with a few more runs.

The forest is a nice distraction, I can comfortably get to stage 19/20 now but the problem is planning for 20 with having all the specials ready-ish but more so having enough HP to eat some damage. Almost there...

Majukun

great fortnight, and it's obviously made to give us skillups for guys useful for doflamingo, like kid, blamenco e Mr one... also now I don't have a reason to run Khalifa anymore.. I suppose I could try max her and Paulie, but I don't have that much space in the box and what I was really looking for was the blamenco books.
back to the duck it is... sometimes a green duck has to appear, right?

RalchAC

Man, the Duck Squad keeps giving me Marco books (like 1-2 almost every run now) and while I shouldn't complain about that, I'd rather have Usopp books, which have been missing forever.

And the few times I get to the Jaya's Forest animals stage I get a shell :(

cw_sasuke

Any Gaffer farming Mihawk? I put up G3 for the people farming but I can switch to Mihawk or whatever else people need/use.

PS. Japan is getting Boa Hancock (PSY) as next Raid Boss - sweet.

Nibel

okay, what's a decent team to farm Mihawk with

CP: G3
FCP: G3

Arlong
God Usopp
DJ Sanji
Coby/Whitebeard/Strong STR unit

- Stall in the early rounds as long as possible until you get God Usopp + DJ Sanji specials (the turtle encounter is pretty good)
- Make sure to have more than 4k HP all the time
- Use DJ Sanji special in round 4/5
- Use God Usopp special with Mihawk
- Nuke him from Orbit with your G3s

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Any Gaffer farming Mihawk? I put up G3 for the people farming but I can switch to Mihawk or whatever else people need/use.

PS. Japan is getting Boa Hancock (PSY) as next Raid Boss - sweet.
We have to go through 7 more (lolZephyr) raids before her though. :(

Majukun

so..next fortnight is impact class time...have a couple good impact guys but don't know how safe i'll be..hope i can reliably farm this fortnigh because i need many of those skillbooks and we will be under skillup event.

RedBoot

so..next fortnight is impact class time...have a couple good impact guys but don't know how safe i'll be..hope i can reliably farm this fortnigh because i need many of those skillbooks and we will be under skillup event.

Nice, a Striker-only fortnight with a QCK boss. Captain Kid gets the first hit, I guess. Biker Smoker, Paulie, and Miss Doublefinger will all be useful, I bet. Maybe Urogue too, in case of Mr. 1 appearance. Too bad the old JPN version blog is gone, I want to preview the levels. Time to google translate Gamewith, I guess.

RalchAC

Nice, a Striker-only fortnight with a QCK boss. Captain Kid gets the first hit, I guess. Biker Smoker, Paulie, and Miss Doublefinger will all be useful, I bet. Maybe Urogue too, in case of Mr. 1 appearance. Too bad the old JPN version blog is gone, I want to preview the levels. Time to google translate Gamewith, I guess.

You can still view the old guides, look at it here

I think I will probably go with:

2x Kid, Smoker, Pauli, Rakuyo and Kaku.

RedBoot

You can still view the old guides, look at it here

I think I will probably go with:

2x Kid, Smoker, Pauli, Rakuyo and Kaku.

Ah, cool. The Global version doesn't link to it anymore, so I assumed it was down.

I'll probably go Kid/Kid, Smoker, Paulie, Urogue, and maybe the Green Armed Striker Unit for fun and orb control.

I basically lack all obvious striker captains;

Is a double Killer team viable for the croc fortnight? That's the closest I can get to a proper striker team.

RedBoot

I basically lack all obvious striker captains;

Is a double Killer team viable for the croc fortnight? That's the closest I can get to a proper striker team.

Honestly, looking at the enemy stats here, any 2x ATK Striker captain should be enough. That would include Urogue, Rakuyo, Paulie, and the Kraken, with the latter two being F2P units (and Paulie's available right now). Just match up with a Kid or Urogue friend captain, and you should be fine.

Top Bottom