• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

bjork

Did you not keep a Luffy? Anyway, the main units I see missing are the raid characters, but they all come back around so that's not too much of an issue. You're going to want Doflamingo/Enel/Aokiji/etc, as each one has their key uses, but you can manage for now without them, given the dudes you already have.

You can make a pretty good slasher rainbow team with Mihawk as captain and Arlong/Law/Zoro/Doma/Thatch/Suleiman/Whitey (whoever out of these).

Or a striker team lead by Kid with WB/Killer/Urouge/Hawkins, maybe?

You could even run a team with Ray as captain and Hawkins/Leo/Sugar/Mihawk/GP Usopp, with the idea being to stall so you can use their HP reducing specials and finish them off with Sugar. Or maybe WB in place of Hawkins or Leo, I don't know how the mathematics work out there.

I can't speak too much to building teams of fighters or free spirit or whatever, because I generally roll a Ray team as well, purely because it allows for so much freedom in who you take. I think you have all the parts to a pretty solid QCK team already, too. I'd probably continue to run FNs and level the guys you have for now, and maybe experiment with team builds in the training forests or on lower difficulty FNs so you can still get some drops and manuals, etc.

I'm curious to see what builds the other dudes here come up with, as you've got a lot to play around with.

EMT0

Banned
Yeah, my main problem is that I don’t know what story characters are useful and what aren’t w/r/t what I already have. I’m still not even sure what direction to build my teams. Right now I’m using Ray for everything and trying to build up a QCK team with Marco, so I don't know if any of those story guys are useful to me. I don't have a lot of stamina so I have to spent wisely :)

Current RR:
STR:
Whitebeard
Kumadori
Raid Tony Tony Chopper
Enraged Arlong
Eustass Kid
Lao G.
Elizabello II

Advice: You've got a lot of excellent units here but don't really have augmenters here. Since you have Whitebeard, I'd strongly, strongly recommend getting Dice from the Gold Tesoro fortnight before it disappears, as he's a 1.75x STR multiplier at <30% HP. That lets you make some really strong STR Whitebeard teams, since Whitebeard's captain ability plays on the same guidelines. If you intend to roll Whitebeard for future content, trying to get the Moby Dick should also be high on your radar as it sets up Whitebeard quite nicely. Next week, Bride Nami's fortnight comes out which means you can get Lola, who's a STR orb booster. Finally, story Kaku can be useful because he can give you STR orbs as an orb manipulator, but he isn't very high priority.

The general formula for a kickass team is strong captains, a type/class booster such as Dice, an orb manipulator to give you matching orbs, and an orb booster such as the above-mentioned Lola. If you're in doubt or want to look up characters, check out the OPTC database which has filters letting you narrow down team building.

DEX:

Roronoa Zoro (Ashura Ichibugin)/(A pirate who lives by his code)/(Three Thousand Worlds)/(Streaming Wolf Swords)
Raid Mihawk
Trafalgar Law
Brook
Caesar Clown
Giolla

Advice: Strong World/Pirate who Lives by His Code Zoro (they're used interchangeably) is currently the best DEX captain in the game and works exactly like Whitebeard. Likewise, he's a pretty good orb manipulator. The best orb booster in the game is raid Doflamingo but failing him Bellamy can get the job done, who is a story character. Miss Doublefinger is the best DEX type booster in the game, so it might be worth it to farm her. You've also got other strong units such as Law, Caesar, and Mihawk so you can certainly target DEX teams. Make sure to get Kalifa and Paulie from their fortnight before they go away if you intend to go after a DEX team as they're good orb manipulators and an orb locker, respectively.

QCK:

Marco
Portgas D. Ace
Bohemian Knight Doma
Ideo
Sanji
Chef Sanji
Jozu
Killer
Kalifa
Thatch
Security Chief Miss Sadie
Sugar
Leo

Advice: Dayum, is all I can really say. You've got some good stuff here. Marco's an orb booster, Thatch boosts your rate of QCK orbs. Once raid Enel comes around, he'll serve you well, he's the best QCK booster in the game and pairs nicely with Marco's special to heal you back up. There's not much to say here other than story Lucci's QCK evolution being excellent for QCK orb manipulation.

PHY:
Bonney
Brook
Senor Pink
Usopp Tabasco Star/UGP/Impact
Vivi
Nico Robin
Urouge
Fukuro
Monet
Suleiman

Advice: Legend Marco means all of these guys are in play. Senor Pink is godly/an orb booster, and I'm really sad I missed out on him last sugo. Impact Usopp is the best PSY class booster in the game. Monet is likewise godly, as a self-activating conditional booster. The only thing you're really missing is an orb manipulator, and the best ones for that purpose are Garp + Mr. 2 Bon Clay, or Gild Tesoro. If you can figure out a way to clear him at least once at 60 stamina, I'd say it'd be well worth it, even if it costs a few gems.

INT:
Rayleigh
Emporio Ivankov
Gecko Moria
Nami
Basil Hawkins
Franky
Whitey Bay

Advice: A decent pile of units. INT is the type most Rare Recruit dependent, so there really isn't too much to say as a double Rayleigh team will do you just fine for clearing most challenges that you face requiring INT. Or really anything, given double Rayleigh as captains and the aforementioned go-to formula of orb boosters, manipulators, type boosters, and a conditional booster if it can be slotted in.

Miscellaneous:
You've got Whitebeard, Mihawk, Leo, and Sugar. Once Duval comes around, make a point of getting him. That'll let you build a team that can clear any stage using only their specials to cut down opponents to a low enough HP to use Sugar's special and clear the stage.

You're also set up pretty well to run a respectable Free Spirit team with Senor Pink, Monet, and Ivankov; keep an eye out for the release of Coliseum Scratchmen Apoo, giving you everything you'd need except for orb manipulators. And those will come via the Coliseum too in the form of Kanjuro and Kinemon, later on.

I've put my advice in bold. Good luck!

bjork

currently the best DEX captain in the game and works exactly like Whitebeard

For a newer character though, wouldn't the HP bump from Ashura Zoro be a safer/more reliable option? You'd give up the special, but Law's special can be pretty lucky sometimes for generating green orbs.

EMT0

Banned
For a newer character though, wouldn't the HP bump from Ashura Zoro be a safer/more reliable option? You'd give up the special, but Law's special can be pretty lucky sometimes for generating green orbs.

Oh it's definitely safer. I felt okay recommending SW Zoro to him as a goal because if he can use Whitebeard, he's likely to be able to use SW Zoro sooner than later thanks to the Moby Dick facilitating him. And I'd probably recommend transitioning to Law as a DEX captain in the short term. But you're right that for the moment, SW Zoro isn't really suited as a captain to him. Ashura <- Law <- SW Zoro for safe and easy FN clearing, SW Zoro w/ Moby Dick <- Law <- Ashura for bursting or speedrunning FNs, IMO.

Given his current box though, FN Kalifa + Zeff could serve him well to get a full board of DEX orbs. The best-case combo, Law + Apoo, is sadly Rare Recruit dependent. And my Law luck has been terribad enough that I wouldn't recommend it in good conscience :s

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've put my advice in bold. Good luck!

Did you not keep a Luffy? Anyway, the main units I see missing are the raid characters, but they all come back around so that's not too much of an issue. You're going to want Doflamingo/Enel/Aokiji/etc, as each one has their key uses, but you can manage for now without them, given the dudes you already have.

You can make a pretty good slasher rainbow team with Mihawk as captain and Arlong/Law/Zoro/Doma/Thatch/Suleiman/Whitey (whoever out of these).

Or a striker team lead by Kid with WB/Killer/Urouge/Hawkins, maybe?

You could even run a team with Ray as captain and Hawkins/Leo/Sugar/Mihawk/GP Usopp, with the idea being to stall so you can use their HP reducing specials and finish them off with Sugar. Or maybe WB in place of Hawkins or Leo, I don't know how the mathematics work out there.

I can't speak too much to building teams of fighters or free spirit or whatever, because I generally roll a Ray team as well, purely because it allows for so much freedom in who you take. I think you have all the parts to a pretty solid QCK team already, too. I'd probably continue to run FNs and level the guys you have for now, and maybe experiment with team builds in the training forests or on lower difficulty FNs so you can still get some drops and manuals, etc.

I'm curious to see what builds the other dudes here come up with, as you've got a lot to play around with.

Thank you both very much! I was lost as to what direction to start building but I now have a lot to think about. I really appreciate these posts! I think I'll focus on my QCK and PHY units since Marco allows me to use both.

And thanks again EMT0 for giving me the starter account with Ray and WB :)

MiTYH

Hey all, was gone all weekend and am still catching up in this thread. Is there an easy non-legend team for 60-tesoro or at least 40 stamina?

RedBoot

Sitting at 45 Colo Kid copies (and 7 skill books) for skill-up day. Hopefully that'll be enough to max him. This colo really forced me to finally get good with G3, I was only clearing the quest around 50% of the time initially, now I'm probably at 90% or so.

I probably went like 40 runs without seeing 4 enemies with a 1 turn count on the first stage, then I got it 4 times in a row. Still easy enough to clear, but it can make things dicey.

I've got about 40 slots open for Tesoro, though I had to ditch my RR Kumadori books to do it. At this point, I can only really afford to hoard books for one RR I don't have, and 3D2Y Zoro is easily the best option.

Looking to try a Sengoku team for Tesoro. I'm amused that one of the best units for it is a promo unit we never got on Global (Tea Time Nami). I think I have a team that will work, though. Not quite sure what to do for 60 stam, but at least I only have to clear it once.

Kyou

Hey all, was gone all weekend and am still catching up in this thread. Is there an easy non-legend team for 60-tesoro or at least 40 stamina?

I don't think there's any easy team for 60 tesoro.

I dunno about non-legend but the keys seem to be Bind/Despair reducers(Tesoro hits with 4 of each), delayers, and conditional attack boosters (attack up against delayed enemies, defended enemies, ect)

edit: I'm running RayRay, Towel Nami, Whitey Bay, Aoikiji and GP Usopp. I'd bet it's possible to adapt a G3 Luffy team to that

RR30

I haven't even taken a look at Tesoro teams. Been gone all weekend out of town with bad service and only logged in for the gems. Hopefully I can make a team with Shanks or Sengoku.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Magellan raid announced for japan, apparently.

It only has 30/40 stamina versions. :(

RedBoot

I haven't even taken a look at Tesoro teams. Been gone all weekend out of town with bad service and only logged in for the gems. Hopefully I can make a team with Shanks or Sengoku.

The Sengoku team I'm running (which can beat 40 stam pretty easily) is Double Sengoku, Breed, Kimono Tashigi, Ain, and Towel Nami. Mr. 3 can be used in place of Tashigi (since she's pretty rare) and Story Robin can sub for Ain. As far as replacing Towel Nami goes, you can use Nezumi, which should still work since Nami isn't going to do much damage in this team anyway. You'll need Bind and Despair reduction at level 1 for this team as well.

Just run through the stage like normal, and use Tashigi/Mr. 3 to delay Tesoro, Ain/Robin to clear the Bind/Despair, and Nami/Nezumi to swap the PSY orbs to INT. You should get him down to around 20% health after turn 1, and you can finish him off on turn 2 (he won't do his under 20% damage boost since you delayed him, but he will reduce your ATK, which shouldn't be an issue).

GaimeGuy

Ray / Ray / Towel Nami / Usopp / Aokiji / Whitey Bay worked wonders for me on 30 and 40 stamina.

Now to see if it works on 60 stamina.

EMT0

Banned
I'm about to burn a fair number of gems...but it must be done. Just like Enel, he's too damn good a captain to not get. Damn his stupid unique evolver.

Kyou

Ray / Ray / Towel Nami / Usopp / Aokiji / Whitey Bay worked wonders for me on 30 and 40 stamina.

Stalling was a problem for me. Had to gem on stage 4 but otherwise rocked Tesoro(in two turns instead of one since I lost the buffs, of course)

edit: So what's everyone's plan on Tesoro? Wait for skill up or feed as you go for sockets and skills.

I might be going "as you go" because he only needs 10 skill levels but has 5 sockets, which will probably take WAY over what it'd take to max his skill

Ayyyyeee, beat 60 stamina on my first try. I think I'll stick to 40 stamina for farming though.

I'm curious what our next coliseum batch will be, especially since we only have two more opportunities with the current batch, usually they've announced it by now. Whatever group is next will have a slight crossover on the skill-up event so it'll be advantageous to farm them then. I can't really say what it could possibly be because they've already made it clear they don't mind skipping around since we jumped a few batches and went straight to Kid.

GaimeGuy

^ yeoooouuuch. Stage 4 fucked me, had to use a gem.

On the bright side, I got a tome and RCV CC. And the tome gave my legend marco 1 bind socket. :3

Kyou

god bless special animation skip

edit: What's everyone's stalling strategy? I've found that delaying on 3 and taking a hit on 4 gives me juuuuust enough stall time. This is on 40 stamina, 60 is just fucked.

RedBoot

Was able to clear 60 stam with Double G3, Aokiji, Whitey Bay, Towel Nami, and GP Usopp, though I had to gem once. I think that if I could stall long enough for Aokiji's special it would be clearable without using a gem, but 18 turns while using G3 is iffy. But, at least the deed is done and I can stick to 40 stam now. You better believe I'm favoriting that crab until Tesoro is ready.

Adeptrain

Holy cow Gild was rough at 60. Glad I only have to do that once! I'm gonna farm him at 40 a bit and call it good. I don't seem myself using him much as I have Sengoku for a Psy captain and Gild doesn't play well with Sengoku.

Jayhawk

Holy cow Gild was rough at 60. Glad I only have to do that once! I'm gonna farm him at 40 a bit and call it good. I don't seem myself using him much as I have Sengoku for a Psy captain and Gild doesn't play well with Sengoku.

Gild absolutely plays well with Sengoku. One unit for full-orb conversion instead of Garp+Mr. 2 or Django+Cindry. Frees up a slot for a better beatstick or special. Not being affected by Sengoku's captain ability hasn't stopped Doflamingo or Garp from being in Sengoku teams in the past.

Tidd

edit: What's everyone's stalling strategy? I've found that delaying on 3 and taking a hit on 4 gives me juuuuust enough stall time. This is on 40 stamina, 60 is just fucked.

There's a strategy? I guess with 110k HP you don't need that. :p SW Ace is love. <3

Jayhawk

What do you need to stall for on your Rayleigh team on 40 stamina? With bind/despair sockets, I only use GP Usopp and Towel Nami specials. These don't need stalling. INThawk, Rayleighs, and Aokiji are just beatsticks since I don't use their specials. I just stall 3 turns on Tesoro with only Usopp attacking and then OTK.

Kyou

What do you need to stall for on your Rayleigh team on 40 stamina? With bind/despair sockets, I only use GP Usopp and Towel Nami specials. These don't need stalling. INThawk, Rayleighs, and Aokiji are just beatsticks since I don't use their specials. I just stall 3 turns on Tesoro with only Usopp attacking and then OTK.

that would be way faster, I was getting everyone's specials up before Tesoro to one shot him. So do you just power through without taking any hits?

edit: Just tore shit through the raid and easily won. I guess I wasn't really considering just how much overkill I was doing

Hana-Bi

Will try 60 stam later but my LL team with Whitey Bay, WB, IntIva and GP worked great for 30 and 40 stam. Only problem is that I can't hit the perfect on IntIva reliable so I changed my tapping order a bit to be more safe.

Jayhawk

that would be way faster, I was getting everyone's specials up before Tesoro to one shot him. So do you just power through without taking any hits?

edit: Just tore shit through the raid and easily won. I guess I wasn't really considering just how much overkill I was doing

Woo! Now speed run the hell out of this raid.

Ray/Ray/IntHawk/T.Nami/Whitey/GPU tore through 40 STA like a hot knife through butter. Me likey. I will farm this like crazy tomorrow and may just gem 60 once for the rainbow evo unit (It's guaranteed, right?).

bjork

Ran the 30 and 40 with the team I'd planned, zero troubles. I might swap out Usopp for 3D2Y Robin if I don't end up needing all of Usopp's delay turns on the 60. I'm sitting on the edge of a p-lvl up, so I'm waiting for it to refill enough to do some 15 stamina FN stage or something, then back to Tesoro.

I'm just gonna feed away as I go, since he doesn't gain another socket when you evolve him. Probably just do standard bind/despair/cd, then maybe autoheal and poison.

I think I'm done farming for the night. I'll never understand how people manage to skill max raids outside of a skill up event.

Right now, on Carina I'm 3/5/5 on sockets and 4 out of 7 for total skill ups. On Tesoro I'm 3/4/5/3/3 on sockets and a measly 2 out of 11 for skill ups.

Kyou

I think I'm done farming for the night. I'll never understand how people manage to skill max raids outside of a skill up event.

Right now, on Carina I'm 3/5/5 on sockets and 4 out of 7 for total skill ups. On Tesoro I'm 3/4/5/3/3 on sockets and a measly 2 out of 11 for skill ups.

I'm done for the night too, it's going fairly well skill-wise for me

Tesoro is 1/2/5/4/1 at 5/11 skill ups
Carina is 4/1/4 at 4/7 skill ups

feels good going to bed nearly halfway done

bjork

Welp. Messed up my timing on the DEX lady twice, so I had almost no HP when I went to the fourth stage. Messed my timing up there and whiffed. Used a gem, but didn't change who I targeted, so I got killed again. Haha, what a dummy.

At least the 40 is cake.

Adeptrain

Damage output from Gild Tesoro in Sengoku team
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...6:99,418:99,223:70C1,10B0D0E1361Q0L0G0R3S100H

Similar team with Cindry+Django:
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...3:70,418:99,388:99C1,10B0D0E1361Q0L0G0R6S100H

Similar team with Mr. 2+Garp:
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...:70,418:99,306:99C1,10B0D0E1361Q0L0G0R10S100H

Another thing Tesoro has for him in a Sengoku team is 5 easy sockets!

Huh....thx for this! I'm gonna have to retract my statement it seems..but gah! I really don't wanna farm him....Guess I'm gonna have to though :p

Can anyone tell me how much damage Carina does on 40 stamina?

I've been 40 sta twice & one shotted her, but each time I got kinda lucky with orbs; I've been wondering what taking the hit from her entails.

Kyou

Got Tesoro first try on 30 stamina, is an Enel team able to beat 60 stamina? I can use a max of 5 gems to revive if needed

Tesora will bind and despair you for four turns, and the level before him has 5 cannoneers that hit for over 10k each

if you think you can manage that go for it, although I also think Tesoro might increase his damage after a certain number of turns

I've been 40 sta twice & one shotted her, but each time I got kinda lucky with orbs; I've been wondering what taking the hit from her entails.
2.5k or so, it's basically nothing

Tidd

Around 2700 I guess. I had 5% damage reduction and she did 2500.

Tesora will bind and despair you for four turns, and the level before him has 5 cannoneers that hit for over 10k each

if you think you can manage that go for it, although I also think Tesoro might increase his damage after a certain number of turns

2.5k or so, it's basically nothing

Around 2700 I guess. I had 5% damage reduction and she did 2500.

Man lol, I've been working so hard to avoid that ... lol.

What are the main reasons 60sta is a lot more difficult btw? I can't find proper paper guides for shizzle.

/edit nvmd found gamewith translations.

Hana-Bi

Beat Tesoro on my second try. First try I made some mistakes in the earlier stages and messed my combo up on Tesoro and couldn't beat him. Second try was crazy. Messed my timing up on stage 1 and had only 100 hp left. Made it through until stage 4 and used IntIvas special to take one hit from the canoneer and beat Tesoro. Man, this was brutal. :)

Damn, realized I don't have a green pinguin to evolve Carina. :( Story farming here we go...

Tidd

Got this as a normal drop on my first 60 stamina try and look what it says:
FCDrbl2.jpg

Finally I will get a new legend during the next sugo.

MANUELF

Banned
My gems ;_;

This is the price I pay for completely ignoring zombie teams as a fallback

Did you actually beat 60 stamina? If so how expensive it was?

Edit: Got Pica first try on 30 stamina, he seems pretty good but his special is too high

bjork

Got Tesoro first try on 30 stamina, is an Enel team able to beat 60 stamina? I can use a max of 5 gems to revive if needed

The main trouble is going to be stage 4 for any team, but an Enel team will have an added type disadvantage against Carina. But if you brought GP Usopp and used his special to stall and get some health back, you might be able to do it? Tough to say.

The main trouble is going to be stage 4 for any team, but an Enel team will have an added type disadvantage against Carina. But if you brought GP Usopp and used his special to stall and get some health back, you might be able to do it? Tough to say.

Considering Carina's damage output on 60 stamina is around 3.8k a fully cotton candied enel team should be able to nearly eliminate her damage entirely iirc. (I think you'd take 500 damage per turn on a max/max+100cc enel team that has no healing sockets; a bit of meat luck would mean no damage)

( https://translate.google.com/transl...//xn--pck6bvfc.gamewith.jp/article/show/35950 )

Hana-Bi

Wow, Tesoro 40 stam is really easy with a double IntHawk team.

Using TNami, Kimono Tashigi, Whitey Bay and Croc and can kill Tesoro on turn 1 without much trouble in the earlier stages. Stalling is also no problem even without cd level 1.

Top Bottom