• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

MiTYH

Doing fine with 40-stamina RaidHawk, INTHawk, Slasherdile, Prison Mr 1, GP, and RaidDoffy.

Not even bothering with 60 yet, I don't have the right units or skillups. When INTHawk books come, I think I can do it, but for now, it's just out of reach.

Are we getting that new crab island this week/ever?

RedBoot

Only feeding the Carinas as I go, I'll hold onto the Tesoros til tomorrow. I have like 40 more spots so I guess that's how many I'll go for.

Damn, realized I don't have a green pinguin to evolve Carina. :( Story farming here we go...

Ha, I had to do the same with a Sea Horse last night, ran the last stage in Laboon's island 4-5 times before one dropped. Had multiples of every evolver except that one, somehow.

Are we getting that new crab island this week/ever?

We'll get it eventually, but right now Tesoro's the only thing that needs the crab to evolve. There's nothing else that needs it in Japan right now either, though I suspect that will change very soon since they have that island now (in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Legend Zoro needs one).

MiTYH

We'll get it eventually, but right now Tesoro's the only thing that needs the crab to evolve. There's nothing else that needs it in Japan right now either, though I suspect that will change very soon since they have that island now (in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Legend Zoro needs one).

Ah alright, couldn't remember where I read about the island.

Still, won't be trying 60 stamina so no crab for me. No big deal since he's still strong enough and has 5 sockets in the base form.

bobohoro

Phone lag killing your burst/run is pretty annoying.
Is it possible to force quit really quickly and then restart at the beginning of the turn? Was too slow to think of that in the moment. Same for incoming calls?

Needed a few runs to find what works on 40 stamina Tesoro. Stage 4 gave me a bit of trouble, but switched in Mr. 3 and it's all good now:

Friend Ray/3D2Y Luffy
GPU/T.Nami
Mr. 3 and SW Sanji over Slasherdile for Sockets, since LV. 1 Bind/Despair are a must

Stall without taking damage (or 1 hit from an evolver if CD are high) until Carina, take out the mobs, stall on Carina until Mr. 3 is ready and use him on Stage 4.
Stall as needed on one canoneer (you can stall a loooong time here for all kinds of specials) and go on to Tesoro when ready.
Use GPU and Nami, then wait for turn 4 and burst him down. Luffy special is nice for hitting perfects (since you need all perfects on burst) and Ray/SW Sanji specials are there for that extra bit of safety.

Although they aren't needed I think, damage calculator only shows my damage at 900k when I consistently do 1.1M even without max CC Rayleigh friend.

It's rather safe and easy, although not that fast (a bit less than 4 minutes?).

I'm up to 10 copies right now, will do 25 minimum, don't know how much more I'm in the mood for. Won't go for the rainbow crab this time as well.

bjork

Seems like everyone has Towel Nami but me! Is there any suitable replacement for her?

I looked on the character table and it says Nezumi and Fine Tempo Nami have specials that do the same thing, but I don't know that for sure. And Ricky, but he works with QCK and PSY orbs, the overachiever.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Thanks guys. I have none of those replacements... I will have to be satisfied with just getting the one to drop from a 30. Not sure I can do a 40 and don't want to waste my stam.

EMT0

Banned
Did you actually beat 60 stamina? If so how expensive it was?

Edit: Got Pica first try on 30 stamina, he seems pretty good but his special is too high

I did, and the answer is very, because I'm bad at this game and can't read. A friend of mine got through with about half my total gem loss by using Fuji's special turn 1 and bursting on the next turn without buffs once his Friend Captain was free.

bjork

Thanks guys. I have none of those replacements... I will have to be satisfied with just getting the one to drop from a 30. Not sure I can do a 40 and don't want to waste my stam.

fwiw, I got 0 drops on my 30 run, so you got a good bit of luck there. :)

I don't think they've said yet, but hopefully the movie content will all just be added to the cycle so we can see it again. I think we've had Breed twice, so maybe?

HabeeNo

Double Ray, Vergo, Nico Robin, GPU & Ain

40 stamina was cake, and finally got my first copy

Btw, is his special that good for PSY teams or is there a catch? It flat out looks great

bjork

I think it's just that good, provided it's launched at the right time? The only raid boss with a kinda iffy special so far is Chopper, though I know some people get really good use from it.

commish

fwiw, I got 0 drops on my 30 run, so you got a good bit of luck there. :)

I don't think they've said yet, but hopefully the movie content will all just be added to the cycle so we can see it again. I think we've had Breed twice, so maybe?

Oh I didn't get him yet :p Although I did get drops from the last 2 raid bosses from the cheapest stam fight from the first kill. FINGERS CROSSED

Edit: Woot, first kill drop. RNG on my side. Too bad I won't be able to evolve him for a while, or farm sockets.

alben

Neo Member
Btw, is his special that good for PSY teams or is there a catch? It flat out looks great
The catch is that psy teams dont have problems getting matching orbs with SW Shanks. Other than that Tesoro is a nice addition, he counters the basics orb shuffles and has 5 easy sockets

MANUELF

Banned
Tesoro 30 stamina droprate must be pretty high, got him first try in both of my accounts

Wont try 60 stamina yet, I have very few gems and I dont want to spend them there

RedBoot

Actually, I don't think Breed has returned yet, I've been watching for that. :p

But yeah, Shiki and Zephyr have both returned, and I suspect all the fortnights will be in the regular rotation as well, so I wouldn't worry about any of that. It is possible for the movie stuff to have issues, since it's a separate license from the manga content, but I suspect Bamco has it locked up for a while. Outside of Shiki, it's all returned on a normal basis in JPN. And they'd tell us before it vanished anyway.

(Also, Breed may or may not be bundled in with the movie content's licensing since he's an anime-only character. I think Toei has partial ownership of all that. But Breed, along with Byrindi World and such, might be an additional license)

Double Ray, Vergo, Nico Robin, GPU & Ain

40 stamina was cake, and finally got my first copy

It's a great orb manipulation special for a color that has a reputation for having amazing orb control.

(between legend Shanks' cap ability, garp/mr.2, rakuyo/suleiman/senor pink/3d2y nami/fukuro + randomizers like SW Brook the options for partial or full orb control for PSY are pretty solid)

That being said, 5 sockets + guaranteeing *full* orbs in most instances probably makes him the best orb controller available for PSY in any situation where you need to switch bad orbs or can't let your obs up to luck; He's just giving this ability to one of the colors that arguably needs it least imo.

(Personally I'm super happy with him as my socket game for PSY is miserable, a 5-socket char with a useful special is exactly what I need for it)

We aren't too far off from having a pretty solid F2P PSY 2x Turn Burst Team:
s04qnL5.png
Aokiji is a Story drop in the second Marineford Isle.
Boa's Raid shouldn't be too far off.
- Monet can be used instead of Boa. Monet's boost isn't as quite as strong, but she brings an extra socket and doesn't need 14 skill ups from a 60 STA raid. -
Ark Maxim is only used for the extra HP (11,834 w/ Sunny vs 14,200 w/ Ark).

The biggest drawback is that Aokiji books haven't appeared yet, so stalling 21 turns for his orb lock special will be rough.

Garp can be used to trade a bit of power for some extra HP:

RedBoot

Never looked too closely at PSY Aokiji's art before. He looks like he's really, really disappointed in me for some reason. :p

I'm hoping Boa's raid isn't too far off. Though we'll probably still get Nightmare Luffy before it.

EMT0

Banned
We aren't too far off from having a pretty solid F2P PSY 2x Turn Burst Team:

Aokiji is a Story drop in the second Marineford Isle.
Boa's Raid shouldn't be too far off.
- Monet can be used instead of Boa. Monet's boost isn't as quite as strong, but she brings an extra socket and doesn't need 14 skill ups from a 60 STA raid. -
Ark Maxim is only used for the extra HP (11,834 w/ Sunny vs 14,200 w/ Ark).

The biggest drawback is that Aokiji books haven't appeared yet, so stalling 21 turns for his orb lock special will be rough.

Garp can be used to trade a bit of power for some extra HP:

Aokiji as a Friend Captain can be replaced with SW Shanks for more damage on paper, although this would be dependent on how beat up you get getting to the stage you want to burst on. 3D2Y Choper can also be ran if you have him over Impact Dial Usopp for two turns at a steady 2.9m x 2 versus 3.8m + 1.9m. Near identical damage, but 3D2Y Chopper makes it easier to run SW Shanks as a friend captain for maximum damage.

You guys seem to be forgetting that evolved Gild's captain ability is like a mini SW Shanks. He gives a 2.625x multiplier to PSY driven and PSY cerebral units, which there are more than plenty of (Coby, Enel, Rakuyo, Domino, 3D2Y Nami and Chopper, Monet, Heracles'n, Violet, Shanks, Sengoku, among others). Pair him with a SW Shanks Friend Captain and you've got a hell of a F2P PSY team.

RedBoot

You guys seem to be forgetting that evolved Gild's captain ability is like a mini SW Shanks. He gives a 2.625x multiplier to PSY driven and PSY cerebral units, which there are more than plenty of (Coby, Enel, Rakuyo, Domino, 3D2Y Nami and Chopper, Monet, Heracles'n, Violet, Shanks, Sengoku, among others). Pair him with a SW Shanks Friend Captain and you've got a hell of a F2P PSY team.

I suspect that'll see some use for Nightmare Luffy when he comes around (unless there's something else about that raid that would hinder it).

Tesoro's captain ability was something I definitely wanted to play around with, though as always you're limited by how many people use him in your friend list.

commish

I suspect that'll see some use for Nightmare Luffy when he comes around (unless there's something else about that raid that would hinder it).

Tesoro's captain ability was something I definitely wanted to play around with, though as always you're limited by how many people use him in your friend list.

Along those same lines, how often does a friend list refresh? Do I really need to keep 50 Ray users on my list?

bjork

I wish they'd let you purchase more crew slots, just so I could put up more captains and not forget to swap them out when an event happens and I don't get to play at all.

Along those same lines, how often does a friend list refresh? Do I really need to keep 50 Ray users on my list?

The way I understand it is that you use them and then they're gone until you force close and reboot the app, at least for that day? I'm constantly force closing apps so I can't really say for sure, heh.

But if you have 50 people who happen to have Ray in one of their captain slots, that's not a bad thing. They have seven other captains too, but you might not see them unless they fall under the "same captain" category.

commish

The way I understand it is that you use them and then they're gone until you force close and reboot the app, at least for that day? I'm constantly force closing apps so I can't really say for sure, heh.

But if you have 50 people who happen to have Ray in one of their captain slots, that's not a bad thing. They have seven other captains too, but you might not see them unless they fall under the "same captain" category.

What's the "Same captain" category? I saw that on some friends but don't know what that means.

Even without Tesoro as a captain, Nightmare Luffy is as good as dead on arrival with him used as a sub.

EMT0

Banned

I was playing around with Gild Tesoro in the Captain slot, yeah. The problem is that he gets outclassed as a captain by Aokiji once Raid Boa drops because it swings the damage in favor of generic PSY. He's still a god as a sub, but for optimal damage, even on F2P teams, Tesoro isn't the best captain. Not to say he isn't one of the best, you'd have to be nuts to ignore that. Just saying that F2P has more potential than him as their peak captain for damage.

My near future goal for a Gild Tesoro team is the following:
w0ccbxl.png

First turn Impact Usopp + Monet, 2nd turn Enel. If I had Chopper Mask, I'd probably run him and GP Usopp over Enel + Impact Dial, since I'd likely be running GP Usopp anyways to stall for my specials for such a team.

Tidd

Okay time to stop playing Pokemon for a while and start farming a few Tesoros...
I figured out that I don't need to stall and can just run through with my SW Ace team. lol What a great raid boss. :)

My box is full, so I really don't feel like farming Tesoro.

What's the "Same captain" category? I saw that on some friends but don't know what that means.

If a friend has the character you're using as captain for one of their crews, it'll show up on your list in addition to the captain they're currently using. That's how I understand it, at least.

MANUELF

Banned
Well Tesoro 60 raid is way out of my league so it seems I will have to wait for the rainbow crab island to release on global to evolve him

Kyou

after getting lucky with skill ups last night I decided to do the thing where I'm going to amass 30 Tesoros and THEN start feeding again.

RedBoot

If a friend has the character you're using as captain for one of their crews, it'll show up on your list in addition to the captain they're currently using. That's how I understand it, at least.

Yup. It's worthwhile to fill out all eight spots on your crew list with useful captains to help your friends. I always keep my legends in there, useful everyday captains like Mihawk, G3, and Baccarat, as well as whoever fits the current raids or fortnights (a good STR captain for Kalifa, to use a current example).

But eight spots do run out pretty quick. I'd love to keep up unusual captains like Tesoro, Fossa, Momonga, etc, but I suspect the standards are more useful for people.

bobohoro

Yeah, I try to keep 8 individual captains up at all times as well. Also helps with getting FP up faster in the beginning.

Finished my Tesoro farming, got 39 copies to feed. Don't have any more box space or motivation so I'll leave it at that and hope to get his special somewhere in the range of 17. Due to having a surplus of stamina before LVup I also went and did 60 STA, got to Tesoro without dying easy enough with my team, but then had to use 4 gems to finish him due to lacking around 400k in burst damage and his buffs getting in the way.

I suspect that Carina's boost is pretty similar on 40 and 60 stamina, despite reading other info in the preparation guides.

Majukun

as per tradition..here it is what i have ready for the skillup event

skillbook

13 jinbe
2 rakuyo
18 colo smoker
18 colo kid
2 jabra
34 lao g
3 gladius

characters

46 colo kid
30 raid kuma
80 shiki
40 gasparde
22 colo hawkins
30 carina
55 tesoro
52 colo smoker

commish

Wow, had no idea. I will have to fill out my teams then.

bobohoro

as per tradition..here it is what i have ready for the skillup event

I'll join in.

SB:

6 INT Nico Robin
23 PSY Marco
23 DEX Law
27 DEX Apoo
18 INT Slasherdile
2 STR Colo Urouge
1 QCK 3d2y Luffy
2 PSY 3d2y Nami
9 QCK Gladius
14 STR Alvida
8 STR Mr 1

Dupes:

27 STR MC
10 STR Dice
80 DEX Mihawk
35 DEX Carina
28 PSY Heracles
39 PSY Tesoro

Will be my first big skill-up, so I'm hoping it goes well and I can advance quite a bit in the game afterwards.

EMT0

Banned
This is my pile of random stuff garnered mostly from Frieza

SB:
2 Legend Marco
13 Gear 2nd Luffy
33 Ashura Zoro
8 Thunderbolt Tempo Nami
11 Diable Jambe Sanji
6 Law 5*
4 Capone
1 INTvankov
1 Diamante
14 Mirage Tempo Nami
1 GP Usopp
9 Arm Point Chopper
28 Alvida
14 Mr. 5
6 Mr. 2 Bon Clay
11 Mr. 3
1 Mr. 4
1 Chef Zeff

Units:
1 Mihawk
16 Kalifa
7 Paulie
1 Diable Jambe Sanji
3 Bon Clay
1 Mr. 3
2 Baccarat

RedBoot

Okay, let's see what I have:

15 PSY Marco SB (for unevolved version, evolved one is already max)
7 Jozu SB
10 Jimbe SB
11 SWS Zoro SB (I think I'm only like 2 skill ups away, but I'm not taking chances)
28 Big Perona SB
65 Colo Smoker + 21 SB (excess copies will go to Biker Smoker sockets)
60 Colo Hawkins + 17 SB
45 Colo Kid + 7 SB (will finish this up later in the week if needed)
15 Raid Kuma
30 Gasparde
23 Duval (really hoping we get him this week during the skill up, assuming I don't finish him)
30 Raid Enel
10 Fortnight Brook (I've had the worst luck with him...went 0 for 18 or so once)
8 Halloween Brook (same situation as FN Brook...bad luck with the skellys, I guess)
28 Tesoro and counting (going to try and hit 40 or so)

Interested to see how easy it ends up being to skill max the Colo characters. I kind of tended on overfarming them this time, mostly because I can use the excess Smokers and Kids on their other versions (No RR Hawkins). I can adjust for future colos after this.

Kyou

Here's what I got for tonight

SB:

9x Rayleigh (god I hope this gets me the last two levels...)
9x G3 Luffy
10x Law
1x X Drake
1x Thatch
1x Towel Nami(Thanks Frieza!)
9x Whitey Bay
11x Smoker
1x Kid
13x Hawkins
35x 3D2Y Sanji
1x 3D2Y Luffy

Characters
2x Kid
15x Kuma
12x Shiki
45x Hawkins
12x Enel
2x GP Usopp
30x-ish Tesoro(we'll see)
19x Smoker

My main expectations are to max Rayleigh, 3D2Y Sanji, and Hawkins. I hope I get at least a couple levels on Kuma, last time I fed a similar number and got jack shiiiiiit.

MiTYH

Oh boy, I love taking stock time! I'll only note the ones of a decent amount (not for example, my 2 V1 robin books)

SkillBooks:
- 12 XDrake
- 7 Capone
- 4 QCK Jinbe
- 9 Squard
- 10 Whitey Bay
- 10 INT Smoker
- 11 TEQ Hawkins
- 7 Lao G
- 6 3D2Y Brook
- 5 Coby V2
- 11 Story Enel
- 8 V1 Franky (the unevolved one)

Characters
- 4 Raid Kuma
- 3 Raid Shiki (lol)
- 10 Gasparde
- 31 TEQ Hawkins
- 9 Perona
- 16 Raid Duval
- 9 Carina
- 13 HW Zoro
- 3 3D2Y Brook
- 6 Raid Enel
- 21 Raid Heracles'n
- 10 Raid Tesoro
- 10 T-Bone
- 18 INT Smoker
- 3 Whitey Bay
- 13 Count Butler
- 8 Baccarat

So looking at this, I had NO ideas I farmed Hawkins that much in the Coliseum.Perona should be fine I only need 1 or 2 levels. HW Zoro is missing one level, but some autoheal sockets, so I'm hoping for those. INT Smoker better be done after this, holy cow. And I'm hoping for good things with Baccarat, I'll be farming her stage nonstop this week since I can't progress in the coliseum to get Kid or Sadie, sadly

For simplicity's sake, I'm grouping in skill books and dupe units together:

19 Rayleigh
20 Sengoku
4 Blamenco
60 Smoker
32 Kid
60 Hawkins
15 Vergo
15 Lao G
37 3D2Y Zoro
30 3D2Y Chopper
40 3D2Y Sanji
38 3D2Y Nami
2 PSY Enel
10 INT Franky
60 Shiki
5 Boa Sandersonia
40 Tesoro

Fun fact: I have 40 WB skill books despite not having a Whitebeard.

MANUELF

Banned
Oh wow you guys have a lot of inventory ready to be free at midnight, I have a lot of books for 3d2y Usopp, Strikerdile and Alvida ready to be used

Adeptrain

For simplicity's sake, I'm grouping in skill books and dupe units together:

19 Rayleigh
20 Sengoku
4 Blamenco
60 Smoker
32 Kid
60 Hawkins
15 Vergo
15 Lao G
37 3D2Y Zoro
30 3D2Y Chopper
40 3D2Y Sanji
38 3D2Y Nami
2 PSY Enel
10 INT Franky
60 Shiki
5 Boa Sandersonia
40 Tesoro

How many times did you run the Freezia Event o_O Seriously, 20 Sengoku and 19 Rayleigh?!?! Wow, I'm really impressed! Kinda makes me feel sad about the 5 Sengoku books I scrounged up :p

How many times did you run the Freezia Event o_O Seriously, 20 Sengoku and 19 Rayleigh?!?! Wow, I'm really impressed! Kinda makes me feel sad about the 5 Sengoku books I scrounged up :p

I barely ran the Frieza event. The Ray books are from farming the Halloween FN for straw hat sockets. The Sengoku books are just ones I had saved up from the Tsuna Clan FN that I'm finally going to use since I just pulled him a few sugos ago.

MiTYH

I started doing that, but it got too costly. So now I save 10 skillbooks for every legend. Everything else gets used as fodder exp or something. It stinks, but there's no sense in wasting allll the box space for a hope and a chance of pulling that exact legend. Plus, with all the legends out there, this is still 100-ish box space (give or take).

Top Bottom