• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Hana-Bi

Damn,
seems like i got back just in time....only bad news ill have to farm all Zephyr copies i need on one day :-/

So max skilling Zephyr hopefully and getting one copy of Shiki if i can clear the stage - no way im farming him. Did they buff Zephyr for the Global version ? I remeber i had a team ready for him in the past when we expected him to hit after Monster Chopper or Iva lol.

Thank you Sir - this helps a lot.
So these Fortnights are leaving as well ? But we will have other ways to skill up 3D2Y Zoro for example right ?

Looking at the list i should run for "Dead End" since i have Zoro,Crocus and Whitebay. And maybe Robin/Nami for those Luffy 3D2Y skillbooks.

Any of the Fortnight farmables essential ?

Zephyr will actually come back for three times during the event.

The only useful farmable besides Baccarat is Gasparde because he has 4 socket slots.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Zephyr will actually come back for three times during the event.

The only useful farmable besides Baccarat is Gasparde because he has 4 socket slots.

Oops im dumb thought it was only Dec 6th - thats great news. This is MUCH more manageable. Just need to get the team ready again and hope the stage isnt too difficult.

Oh and nice on Gasparade since thats the stage i was going to farm for Zoro anyway. Perfect.

Hope i dont mess this up, could improve my squads quite a bit in the next couple Days.

RalchAC

I guess the best I can do is hit the fortnights to finish off Sanji and Chopper and get some more Zoro books to hoard

I'm glad Shiki is coming back before and after my vacation, that was really nice of Bamco

Well, I always thought this was going to happen. They probably got those film contents rights for 3-4 months. It was always a bit weird seeing how everything got messed up in order to release film stuff.

The best thing is that they are saying goodbye with a bang. I guess I need to go crazy and finish my INT Hawkins sockets ASAP, in order to reach Bind and Despair level 2 by myself. That way I should be able to farm Gild Tesoro reliably.

And I'll hoard some 3D2Y Zoro books, just in case I ever pull him.

Majukun

I only need a skillup and a socket on shiki..but the porblem is for the skillbooks of those fortnights...3d2y luffy,usopp and nami are exclusive of that fortnight...i don't have those but what if i find one in the future?i'm stuck with an unit i can't skillup?

Hana-Bi

I only need a skillup and a socket on shiki..but the porblem is for the skillbooks of those fortnights...3d2y luffy,usopp and nami are exclusive of that fortnight...i don't have those but what if i find one in the future?i'm stuck with an unit i can't skillup?

There'll be some other fn with those skill books for sure.

bobohoro

Only need a few more sockets on Gild Tesoro, so that's not a problem.
Will have to farm Zephyr quite a bit, since I'm only at skill Lv 4 there and will definitely max him.
Shiki is out of the question for me, sadly. Will grab a copy of him and that's that then.

Tesoro FN is done for me, since Gladius is max and and I don't have the patience to grind for Dice.
Dr. Indigo and Count Butler are both skipable as well.
Might run Gasparde a few more times for sockets.
And Nami/Robin for Luffy/Nami books.

I have close to 100 gems right now, so I should get the important stuff done without trouble.

A bit undecided on what sockets to put on Zephyr, since I don't have SW Ace. Bind/Despair or CD/Heal?

cw_sasuke

Anyone has a good source for Coloseum stage info or Guides ? Right now i enter them blind and get surprised at the Boss stage his Gimmick lol.

PS. I really need to sell some stuff to free up some space for Zephyr and Zoro books until the 13th Skillup event.

Majukun

There'll be some other fn with those skill books for sure.

like they did with foxxy's books? XD
or the log characters? XD
Anyone has a good source for Coloseum stage info or Guides ? Right now i enter them blind and get surprised at the Boss stage his Gimmick lol.

PS. I really need to sell some stuff to free up some space for Zephyr and Zoro books until the 13th Skillup event.

toadskii usually does a round up of all the stages of a colosseum gate before it goes live..if you only need the info,you can use that.

Let's take a look at where I'm at ...

MAXED movie characters:

Baccarat.
Child Nami.
Mr.Shovel
Dice

Skillups required in order:

Pink Gorilla: 1
violet girl: 3
Dr.Indigo: 4
Dance Robin:4
Tanaka: 4
Gaspard: 5
Count Butler: 6

Zephyr: 9
Tesoro: 10
Shiki: 15 (lol, not even gonna bother)

/edit

and just got a stamina restore, might be able to max dice at least if I get lucky.

/edit

Okay maxed skill + sockets on dice, wooh.

bjork

So here's a question:

The skillbooks you can get in the Rayleigh shop, do they guarantee a skill up?

Right now the whole movie removing thing feels like I would get this far in Pokemon but then Nintendo decides to remove the Pokemon I still need to catch... :(

They removed pokemon? I don't have the game yet, and I might not if it'll keep me from getting them all.

Tidd

So here's a question:

The skillbooks you can get in the Rayleigh shop, do they guarantee a skill up?

They removed pokemon? I don't have the game yet, and I might not if it'll keep me from getting them all.

No they didn't. xD But imagine you're so close to complete your Pokedex and then they do something like this.
Even if you decide to max the raids now RNG could screw you over and never give you a skill up. :(

bjork

No. They work like a regular skill book.

Holy crap. That's literally throwing money away. Well, I guess the whole game is, but even more so.

No they didn't. xD But imagine you're so close to complete your Pokedex and then they do something like this.
Even if you decide to max the raids now RNG could screw you over and never give you a skill up. :(

Oh, okay. I even googled it because I wasn't plugging in.

cw_sasuke

DAAAAAMN........ G3 redeemed.

I had issue with the Story Chapter because of the shitty fodder being able to tanks quite some hits, switched to G3 now and he is perfect for clearing most stages.

Alvida + Halloween Zoro + Golden Pound make sure i survive even misclicks.

Golden Pound is still as ridiculous as im remember.... 10turn CD for a 3 turn delay is crazy. Makes me really wonder if or when i could even use Diamantes active.
toadskii usually does a round up of all the stages of a colosseum gate before it goes live..if you only need the info,you can use that.

Does he have a page with written down data ? Googling only shows some YT videos and im looking more for written Guides/info.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Pretty sure I won't be able to farm any of these upcoming bosses. None of my CDs have been reduced yet :(

I'll get one of each just to have.

bjork

I didn't have much luck with getting extra elders using Baccarat on turtle times, but every extra pig I got was a big one. Good times.

Green turtle time got my Colo Hina evolved, and put a bunch of levels on Colo Hawkins and Orlumbus, too.

I'm really debating clearing my box out by feeding 4* guys to their evolved versions, but I hate to remove any potential for a Sengoku team to go the distance. But my box is getting out of hand with guys I have never used and probably will never use.

RedBoot

like they did with foxxy's books? XD
or the log characters? XD

All the books return eventually (current fortnights in JPN are even getting a third appearance for some books, like PSY Marco). The problem is that stuff like 3D2Y books could be 8-12 fortnights from returning in JPN, so for Global the wait would be even worse.

Foxy was a bad situation, since they removed him from his initial fortnight in Global and never backfilled him like some of the other books that got shuffled. We probably won't see him until whatever fortnight his books return in. Although now that I look at it, all of the other Foxy characters have shown up twice, he should have returned somewhere around the Whitebeard fortnights. Bandai must just hate Foxy.

Didn't Bandai tell us the Log characters would be replaced with new versions at one point? Outside of Log Luffy, that hasn't happened and I don't think that it ever will. Maybe some wires got crossed and that announcement was actually referring to the SW Strawhats? Despite Global never getting those initially.

bjork

Didn't Bandai tell us the Log characters would be replaced with new versions at one point? Outside of Log Luffy, that hasn't happened and I don't think that it ever will. Maybe some wires got crossed and that announcement was actually referring to the SW Strawhats? Despite Global never getting those initially.

I believe so and I've been waiting. All I want to do is skill up Log Usopp, that's not too much to ask.

EMT0

Banned
Maxed Dice and Ivankov specials and also got my first Diamante skill up since Wednesday only 3 more to go

We'll get there man. I'm 2 specials to go but my luck has been crap so far; I'm 14 books dry atm, and I've gone through ~44 books by now. My Diamante luck has been shit :'( Also, knowing that Gran Tesoro is going to go away for at a minimum, a very long time if not forever...I think I'm sitting on these skillbooks for Gladius/Machavise come hell or high water.

RalchAC

My Towel Nami sockets aren't going that well, I've been at 5/4/3 (CD, Bind, Despair) for too many copies :(

On the other hand, my INTvankov is at 19 turn CD and Lola is at 20 (I'll be happy if both reach get to 17 turns). And my Mirage Tempo Nami is finally maxed.

I would like to go back to Baccarat and try to get the secret character, but I need to finish my Nami for Tesoro. Dice's skill could be useful, but priorities are priorities.

And I need to try and get some extra sockets for my PSY Urogue too. He is at 5/3/4/5 (Despair, Bind, CD, Autoheal). I have already maxed the ones I needed the most, so it's not that bad though.

I'm wondering if I should try max skilling mr.tamaka or whatever ... 4 skill ups left on him + I still need a log luffy skill up anyway & really don't want to do more Tom's workers.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Only need a few more sockets on Gild Tesoro, so that's not a problem.
Will have to farm Zephyr quite a bit, since I'm only at skill Lv 4 there and will definitely max him.
Shiki is out of the question for me, sadly. Will grab a copy of him and that's that then.

Tesoro FN is done for me, since Gladius is max and and I don't have the patience to grind for Dice.
Dr. Indigo and Count Butler are both skipable as well.
Might run Gasparde a few more times for sockets.
And Nami/Robin for Luffy/Nami books.

I have close to 100 gems right now, so I should get the important stuff done without trouble.

A bit undecided on what sockets to put on Zephyr, since I don't have SW Ace. Bind/Despair or CD/Heal?

I would say CD / Heal. Friend Ace + SW Franky + Heracles will get you to level 2 despair/bind. Then you have 2 other subs, one of which should get you to level 3.

If you ever do pull Ace (or Borsalino, or Kuzan), I feel like you'll regret the bind / despair choice

EMT0

Banned
After doing the number crunching, I've come up with the following teams to guarantee that I'll be able to farm both Zephyr and Gild Tesoro(RIP Shiki):

My Zephyr teams is basically beatdown grind; if I had Impact Dial Usopp I'd go for the burst, but alas. The idea here is to whittle away at Zephyr, using a Marco special to heal as needed until his last debuff protector is gone, which will be about the time I get him close to 20% when accounting for human error. Then I GP Usopp, and farm for orbs until I've got a lineup that I'm sure will kill. Squard special, Monet special, Rakuyo special, go for the last turn burst and done. It's incredibly safe, even with my levels and zero anti-lock sockets.

fGyyUCP.png

In the process of farming Zephyr, I should manage to get 5 bind/lock sockets on Ain. And doing that lets me run this:

bNnrNWb.png

If I drop my 5m exp meat on Enel, he'll be insta-maxed, letting me easily roll with this team. I can also push a few of my QCK units to Lv. 60 by the time Gild Tesoro rolls around too, although I can reliably KO him the next turn even if I fail to go for the burst. Having him at such a high cooldown is gonna suck, but it can't be helped. I'm fairly comfortable with thinking that I can stall long enough to get Enel up, although even if I fail to KO him then and there, double Marco + GP Usopp will let me KO the next time his buffs/debuffs are down.

cw_sasuke

Puh....based G3 - beat Sentomaru final Story stage on my first try. Used the standard sqad but switched out Alvida for Ivankov (MVP). I hit like 6 runs perfect + Doffy active and barely killed Sentomaru in time. Honestly i probably would have went mad with every other team than G3 lol.

"See?! I fold you this would happen!!" lawl

Biggest improvement for me when it comes to G3 is teaming up with G3 that have Matching Orbs Sockets...i used to always team with Bind/Despair Sockt G3 even though my own team already provided enough or them or it wasnt needed for the stage.

Those 5 orbs will be spend on Zephyr.

PS. Clearing a stage with G3 while blinded...this felt so good hah.

for text i usually go for gamewith + google translate

Thanks, i will have to check that out later...if im not successful ill need you to provide a link lol.

MiTYH

Really sad that these bosses are leaving. I don't have much skillups for Z or Tesoro, so I'll have to him them hard. Shiki..... eh, I can't beat it well and I think he'll just be stuck at a low skill cool down. But the other two I need lower to use them, and have the gems and a consistent enough team that it should be THAT bad...

Still, what a way to go... at least we have some planning and a few more times

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Shiki is actually really fun to fight for me. Enel. Enel, legend doffy, Lucci, mihawk, legend marco

RalchAC

So after a gem and a sudden meat snail, I've managed to do some real progress:

- Towel Nami is fully socketed now (CD, Despair, Bind). I would have gone with Heal but those sockets refused to ever appear. So whatever.
- Lola is at 17 CD. I'd finish her on a future re-run. Her Sockets (Heal / Despair) are at 3/1, but I'm not bothering with a niche character.
- Kaya is skill maxed lol. A side effect of farming the fortnight. Same for 5* story Nami lol.
- Mirage Tempo Nami got her last skill up.
- My INTvankov is at 18 turn CD. I'll grab the last few skill ups in the Tesoro Fortnight. And farm his raid next time he appears, I've been neglecting her forever.

Tomorrow I'll try to finish my Urogue and I'll gem a bit in order to do some Gran Tesoro runs too. Hopefully I can have this Fortnight finished before it ends so I can do something else during its 3 days return.

After doing the number crunching, I've come up with the following teams to guarantee that I'll be able to farm both Zephyr and Gild Tesoro(RIP Shiki):

My Zephyr teams is basically beatdown grind; if I had Impact Dial Usopp I'd go for the burst, but alas. The idea here is to whittle away at Zephyr, using a Marco special to heal as needed until his last debuff protector is gone, which will be about the time I get him close to 20% when accounting for human error. Then I GP Usopp, and farm for orbs until I've got a lineup that I'm sure will kill. Squard special, Monet special, Rakuyo special, go for the last turn burst and done. It's incredibly safe, even with my levels and zero anti-lock sockets.

In 3-4 days there is 2x Drop in Water 7. If you are already that far into Story Mode you could try to get him.

Kyou

Shiki is actually really fun to fight for me. Enel. Enel, legend doffy, Lucci, mihawk, legend marco

same for me except Sugar instead of Legend Marco. Always fun to be able to bust her out.

On the one hand the completionist in me wants to finish Shiki before he's gone for good, on the other the consensus here seems to be he's not really that important and is easily outclassed by other combos.

I dunno, it'd be different if he was a 40 stamina raid but 60 stamina is a big gem investment

cw_sasuke

Is

Marco/Marco
Garp/Coby
Mr. 2/ Dial Usupp

still the team to run for Zephyr ? I remember having this team ready for months...but Zephyr never showed up lol.

same for me except Sugar instead of Legend Marco. Always fun to be able to bust her out.

On the one hand the completionist in me wants to finish Shiki before he's gone for good, on the other the consensus here seems to be he's not really that important and is easily outclassed by other combos.

I dunno, it'd be different if he was a 40 stamina raid but 60 stamina is a big gem investment

If you have a legend Doffy, you're going to want a max Shiki. Once we get his ship and people start feeling comfortable using him as a captain, you'll see Shiki putting in a lot of work, especially in coliseum. People get hung up on combos a good bit but color advantage plays a bigger role in most situations.

RalchAC

Is

Marco/Marco
Garp/Coby
Mr. 2/ Dial Usupp

still the team to run for Zephyr ? I remember having this team ready for months...but Zephyr never showed up lol.

If you have Doffy, use him instead of Coby.

You can use SW Shanks + Marco if you don't have any more Marcos or just want some sockets. Most people haven't socketed him (mine is though!)

cw_sasuke

You can run Tesoro instead of the Coby-Mr2 combo and use another PSY beatstick

Good to know, but only have unevolved Tesoro and he isnt skilled so i cant go that route.

If you have Doffy, use him instead of Coby.

You can use SW Shanks + Marco if you don't have any more Marcos or just want some sockets. Most people haven't socketed him (mine is though!)

I have Doffy, but mine is missing a bunch of skillups - considering how many copys ill need to farm ill just have to run Coby with his lower CD. DOnt even know how much stalling is possible on the stage.

So i can use Legend Shanks w. Marco as well ? Alright i need to check the required Sockets again...if any are needed at all.

Kyou

If you have a legend Doffy, you're going to want a max Shiki. Once we get his ship and people start feeling comfortable using him as a captain, you'll see Shiki putting in a lot of work, especially in coliseum. People get hung up on combos a good bit but color advantage plays a bigger role in most situations.
Thanks, guess I will just hit him really hard.

This is the kind of thing I save gems for

MANUELF

Banned
We'll get there man. I'm 2 specials to go but my luck has been crap so far; I'm 14 books dry atm, and I've gone through ~44 books by now. My Diamante luck has been shit :'( Also, knowing that Gran Tesoro is going to go away for at a minimum, a very long time if not forever...I think I'm sitting on these skillbooks for Gladius/Machavise come hell or high water.
Only need 2 skill ups and gran tesoro can leave forever for all I care, I have played it way too much but for some reason Im not as tired as when I played the Indigo Fortnight

Only need 2 skill ups and gran tesoro can leave forever for all I care, I have played it way too much but for some reason Im not as tired as when I played the Indigo Fortnight
Helps that Gran Tesoro is very easy in comparison to other fn.

So how do most of you remember your team compositions for raids? I screenshot mine so, Im gonna share the movie ones for folks in case they need to remember, Gild is 40 stamina cause screw doing 60 when 40 is guaranteed, also bonus Dead End team:
Edit: Reddit has their megathreads/guides up for each raid, I'll link below my pic:

Tidd

I just looked up what teams gamewith recommends for the Ace colosseum. They use raid Boa for SW Ace teams... I hope 19 turns is low enough.

Edit: Oh and people said we skipped some colosseums because of the Log characters but Coby does have Log Brook as a boss. So it looks like they can easily replace them. I guess we will get story Brook since both of them are dex.

I just looked up what teams gamewith recommends for the Ace colosseum. They use raid Boa for SW Ace teams... I hope 19 turns is low enough.

Edit: Oh and people said we skipped some colosseums because of the Log characters but Coby does have Log Brook as a boss. So it looks like they can easily replace them. I guess we will get story Brook since both of them are dex.

People who are excited about Ace sockets are in for a real crude awakening for this coliseum fight. I'll probably be using Boa in my SW Ace team but I wouldn't otherwise if I couldn't get level 5 auto-heal. Boa isn't mandatory, either Marco can be used in her stead but just expect a longer fight on top of an already long one. I'm talking 7+ minutes. I'm only missing 1 bind and 3 orb sockets on my Ace so I might just run it for those depending on how I handle the fight.

Everyone should really be worried about the Oars Jr. fight. I watched a video on this using an Enel team that was sped up and it was still 10 minutes long. Not having Colo Alvida kinda sucks for this since we'll be missing out on a 1.5x orb boost and a character that gets boosted by Enel's captain ability. Instead we just have to use regular Alvida. Oars has 8.9 MILLION health and the only attacking units for most global teams will probably be Enel x2 and Inazuma. It's going to take a while. Unless you have WB and Sugar, in which case you can go to hell.

RR30

Triple maxed my RR Kidd. 2 more skill ups needed for colo version. Looking forward to next colo batch.

Need to max Zephyr and Tesoro now but no chance for Shiki. I don't have any skill ups on him and I'm not wasting 30 gems on him.

EMT0

Banned
In 3-4 days there is 2x Drop in Water 7. If you are already that far into Story Mode you could try to get him.

I'd love to do so, but I'm currently at the start of Skypeia and from now until the end of December my stamina is basically on lockdown to feed an unholy daisy chain that will see me through most of the fortnights and raids. First I gotta farm the hell out of Bride Nami to boost my PSY units, use my PSY units to farm Zephyr and Ain, use a maxed Ain to farm Tesoro, use a maxed Tesoro to farm Aokiji...it just goes on and on and on. If I can sneak it in though, you can bet I'll do my best to try for Impact Dial Usopp.

Also, FINALLY. AT LEAST 50 BOOKS LATER. Diamante is finally done :') Time for Bride Nami

mileS

Finally catching up on the movie news... Zephyrphoto_wolverine.jpg

I'm honestly really really pissed about this. Double skill up or not even people who farm more than the next person could get screwed out with bad luck.

bobohoro

I might even do:

Gild Tesoro 2x
Coby/Impact Dial
T-Bone/PSY Beatstick or MTNami for safety

To farm Zephyr. You get one full burst turn and a half, doing 3M+ damage and I'd like to see where my beli count would end up after 40+ runs.

Top Bottom