• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RalchAC

Managed to get my remaining sockets and 2 last skill ups on Aokiji. So one less to go. Right now, my raid boss count is doing half decently. My biggest priorities right now are Enel, Kuma and Blackbeard.

I'm linking the new friend list again! Hopefully most of us can update the table with some good news! I've already updated mine. As always, quote to see the link.

bobohoro

Felt good to update my Doffy to 14 CD.

Well, it's a useful raid boss during skill up, which is a bit rare sight. Long term is a good investment. And, since Aokiji is a bit tricky (you need to pay attention while clearing stages 1-4) I'd rather do 20+20+20 than 60 copies in a single day.

Yeah, I thought the same. First run went smooth, second run I took a hit from one stage 3 mob with a sliver of health left and didn't manage to heal back up in time for Aokiji, which failed the run. As much as I like Aokiji as a character and his stats/special are nice, I hate raids where the trash mob is a way bigger obstacle than the boss, just feels bad losing to something like that.

In short, not gonna bother right now, even if it's a great opportunity with double skill up.

Whitebeard FN on the other hand is fun and easy. But the drop rates are shit. Did 13 runs today, 2 Curiel, 4 Fossa, 2 Rakuyo and 0 Thatch.

MANUELF

Banned
Oh wow, beat the Whitebeard Pirates fortnight rather easily and got an INThawk book but of course I dont have him, got both Fossa and Rakuyo to drop

Geez, even with my 11 Legends on my Japanese account, I'm still having trouble reliably (if at all) farming Shiki. I've got the characters for teams that should run through him like nothing, but I don't have their special levels low enough. As for now, I'm stuck with Enel teams, and I'm having trouble even getting those to work reliably.

What a nightmare of a Raid.

RalchAC

Geez, even with my 11 Legends on my Japanese account, I'm still having trouble reliably (if at all) farming Shiki. I've got the characters for teams that should run through him like nothing, but I don't have their special levels low enough. As for now, I'm stuck with Enel teams, and I'm having trouble even getting those to work reliably.

What a nightmare of a Raid.

The dev team has really stepped up the damage in STR boss fights mob stages. And added some nasty debuffs on top of that. It's like "oops, Enel heals too much, lets make fodder stages that can one shot you".

RedBoot

The dev team has really stepped up the damage in STR boss fights mob stages. And added some nasty debuffs on top of that. It's like "oops, Enel heals too much, lets make fodder stages that can one shot you".

Outside of Monster Chopper, STR raids have had it rough. Blackbeard locks one of your characters, Kuma gets rid of one entirely, and Shiki swaps your captains. All three basically stop you from having a "full" team. And then Akainu blocks healing, which was mostly intended to stop Enel, but had the side effect of making it really hard for Marco teams to clear it as well. I just want my QCK legend to clear STR content... :(

MiTYH

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!!

11 INTHawk Books
4 Snail Stamina refreshes
3 Gem Spent
2 Pirate level Up
5 Thatchs (2 skillups)

All in all, not that bad at all. I recognize how lucky I was with this, and happening during x2 skillup is going to save me from running this anymore. Now I can rest and farm an Aokiji or two, enjoy the coliseum, and (probably) farm Mihawk to swap his socket to Special over Slot Rate. BUT DAMN IT FEELS GOOD!

Max Max Max Legend!!!

I give my strength to those still hunting!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
ALL DONE!!!!!!!!!

11 INTHawk Books
3 Gem Spent
2 Pirate level Up
5 Thatchs (2 skillups)

All in all, not that bad at all. I recognize how lucky I was with this, and happening during x2 skillup is going to save me from running this anymore. Now I can rest and farm an Aokiji or two, enjoy the coliseum, and (probably) farm Mihawk to swap his socket to Special over Slot Rate. BUT DAMN IT FEELS GOOD!

Max Max Max Legend!!!

Nice work!

I am still trudging along with WB books, but it really is good fodder materials for leveling up my guys. Can't complain I guess. Just wish that, even if there were no WB books, there was at least ONE other drop that was useful.

EMT0

Banned
I think I've burned over 240 stamina on the Kraken FN and have yet to get Moomoo to drop. On the other hand, 3 Whitebeard books but no Whitebeard. I want to farm FN Croc already, dammit >.>

MANUELF

Banned
Yessir. IIRC, it's the last mission I haven't completed for Fushia Village

I only ran each difficulty once to get my gem and Moomoo dropped first try on 30 stamina so keep trying and get it
At least you wont have to run its story chapter to get it like I had to do

mileS

Why have I been avoiding Garp for the longest time??! I was under the impression if you didn't have a team with anti lock sockets he would be hard. I threw together the most random INT team with Sengoku and cleared it without a problem. So easy to stall with Sengoku on that one turtle!

Now I should really put some gems into these runs tonight before he goes again. I always put off raid farming for more pulls. The special up event is changing my mind. Let's see how far I can get Garp with the few hours I have left.

commish

Trying to get the right sockets is maddening. Feed 10... get no bind sockets. Why you do this, Bandai. I wish we could "Fill up" sockets so we stop getting certain types after 5.

Dandte

Trying to get the right sockets is maddening. Feed 10... get no bind sockets. Why you do this, Bandai. I wish we could "Fill up" sockets so we stop getting certain types after 5.

This is sadly how this game works. I always read OPTC is more generous than most other gatcha games, while this is true for a certain amount of premium currency, you mostly take the free gems to use them on skill ups, sockets etc. Most other games have guaranteed skill ups, drops etc. Since Skill ups and sockets aren't guarenteed in OPTC the player needs more currency to get these, if we would have to pay for them, not that many player would farm events etc.

So with free gems Bandai gives us something to do and we don't feel bad for buying gems because we think bandai is generous to us and it is a good game (which it is). But imagine we would have guaranteed skill ups and sockets like most other games (f.e. dokkan battle, naruto blazing) + the free gems.

Why have I been avoiding Garp for the longest time??! I was under the impression if you didn't have a team with anti lock sockets he would be hard. I threw together the most random INT team with Sengoku and cleared it without a problem. So easy to stall with Sengoku on that one turtle!

Now I should really put some gems into these runs tonight before he goes again. I always put off raid farming for more pulls. The special up event is changing my mind. Let's see how far I can get Garp with the few hours I have left.

Nah the only issue with garp is that without anti lock combo teams like G3/Log are screwed on the coby stage.

Most other teams have been fine from the start.

Tidd

If everything would be guaranteed I would be done with each event in 2 hours and never touch it again. OPTC doesn't work that way.

RalchAC

This is sadly how this game works. I always read OPTC is more generous than most other gatcha games, while this is true for a certain amount of premium currency, you mostly take the free gems to use them on skill ups, sockets etc. Most other games have guaranteed skill ups, drops etc. Since Skill ups and sockets aren't guarenteed in OPTC the player needs more currency to get these, if we would have to pay for them, not that many player would farm events etc.

So with free gems Bandai gives us something to do and we don't feel bad for buying gems because we think bandai is generous to us and is a good game (which it is). But imagine we would have guaranteed skill ups and sockets like most other games (f.e. dokkan battle, naruto blazing) + the free gems.

That's actually a bit of a problem to me. The game gives gems quite often, which is great, and they've been giving even more lately. But still, even in the best case, buying gems is like a bet.

You may get the skill ups you want. Or not. You may get a good unit. Or not. You may get those 2500 Rayleigh points you need thanks to an extra multipull. Or not.

So outside of the odd cheap bundle here and there (I've bought the starter pack and on Black Friday sale I got the 2 gem pack for 0,99 because why not) they won't see much from me. I don't mind "gambling" with free money, but I'm not dropping 20€ if I'm not sure I'll get something good out of it.

If everything would be guaranteed I would be done with each event in 2 hours and never touch it again. OPTC doesn't work that way.

How do games like Dokkan Battle manage with guaranteed skill ups? Do they have awful drop rates or something?

EMT0

Banned
I only ran each difficulty once to get my gem and Moomoo dropped first try on 30 stamina so keep trying and get it
At least you wont have to run its story chapter to get it like I had to do

You called it and it happened. You should call my Boa books when Domino's FN drops lol

commish

Well, you probably wouldn't be done in 2 hours unless you also have great luck with socket and special RNG, but it's true that your need to farm a boss (for sockets) would be capped at 50. But 50 is a lot. I don't understand why that is a bad thing. Because there would be nothing else to do in the game seems more like bad game design rather than a legitimate reason.

Alternatively, they could make the other sockets useful. Having only 3 useful sockets out of 8 is just silly.

Majukun

fortnight's drops are all kinds of bad

i doubt i'm gonna meet my goal of both maxing int rakuyo and socketing the psy one...fossa's socket are only at 1/2/2/1..curiel only 1/1/1/1...and only got a single thatch.
also,only 5 inthawk books

what are the manuals that are worth keeping in this fortnight except his?

RalchAC

Well, you probably wouldn't be done in 2 hours unless you also have great luck with socket and special RNG, but it's true that your need to farm a boss (for sockets) would be capped at 50. But 50 is a lot. I don't understand why that is a bad thing. Because there would be nothing else to do in the game seems more like bad game design rather than a legitimate reason.

Alternatively, they could make the other sockets useful. Having only 3 useful sockets out of 8 is just silly.

A part of me would hate it if the suddenly change the useless sockets to something interesting and I need to start resocketing characters.

I mean, the problem with sockets is that at some point they stop being a "cool perk" and become a requisite to clear stuff. That's something we've seen in Coliseum and some of the latest raid bosses.

I don't see having 5 (well, let's say 4 because damage reduction isn't that bad) useless sockets as something that bad. I mean, when you are using a dice you may get a low number too. If all 10 sockets were actually useful having 2-3 versions of various characters like Mihawk or Doflamingo would become a necessity.

Because there would be times when you'd need to have "Paralysis Reduction Level 3" in order to clear a Colisseum, or "Silence Reduction Level 2" to be able to clear a certain raid boss that silences specials.

Kyou

I'm not hitting this FN too hard because hopefully I'll be back farming Inthawk books someday

got leave something

Tidd

Tbh I didn't refer to sockets but to skill ups when I wrote this.

I would like if we could have a socket storage for each character and we can swap them out whenever we want. That way you can experiment and even use the less useful sockets if you really need them. (e.g poison and map resistance)
It's not like Bandai doesn't know what sockets are really useful because every time they give out these specific socket books it was always for the top sockets.

How do games like Dokkan Battle manage with guaranteed skill ups? Do they have awful drop rates or something?

Dunno, I don't play it.

Outside of Inthawk every other book is terrible. Oh right, maybe story Enel.

MANUELF

Banned
fortnight's drops are all kinds of bad

i doubt i'm gonna meet my goal of both maxing int rakuyo and socketing the psy one...fossa's socket are only at 1/2/2/1..curiel only 1/1/1/1...and only got a single thatch.
also,only 5 inthawk books

Story Enel and the strawhats

Tidd

does SW Nami have any use whatsoever? Seems like she'd be only of minor use against Kuma and then basically nowhere else at all.

The only SW straw hats I've ever seen in teams are Franky, Usopp, Luffy and Zoro. I guess the others are nice sockets filler because all of them have farmables sockets but outside of that I don't know, they seem useless. Yes even Robin, because she's a Robin.

does SW Nami have any use whatsoever? Seems like she'd be only of minor use against Kuma and then basically nowhere else at all.

Her ability description in global is fucking weird, but Kuma's status is "blown away", not knock outs afaik; Nami should be a "protect from defeat" zombie ability

Nami's effect should be this:

Randomizes all orbs, protects from defeat as long as HP is above 50% for 1 turn
The protection only works when attacked by one single enemy and will leave the team with at least 1 HP; the effect will not work when attacked by multiples enemies at once.

She's ... basically similar to X-Drake as a last ditch survivor unit to take a hit, which isn't bad on paper ...

Except for the fact that most of Blue's major leads either screw with your HP or require your HP to always be high.

1. Enel's boost would put you below Nami's required hp amount, rendering her useless.

2. Boa/Marco would lose their captain bonus after using Nami unless keep their heal for after using her.

Kalifa has significantly more synergy with Enel because she protects from all damage after using his boost, whilst Nami's synergy with marco/boa is very situational.

On the flipside Nami's relatively easy to socket.

Kyou

oh wow, she is worded TERRIBLY then.

Not going to feel too bad about her getting zero skill ups off of all these books then.

MiTYH

The thing about Dokkan is, the card you want to have max skill (Special Attack, or SA) you either need duplicate of the cards (aka pulling two Sengokus, though you would need 10 of them) or using special items that raise the SA by one, which come about often enough if you play long enough. For the farmable ones, it's all RNG grinding. Some drop easier than others, but they're very easy to get a max SA.

Big difference is, max SA is just about damage, unlike OPTC where it could mean life or death on a stage. Damage will help in the long run, but a God card like Super Vegito at SA1 is just as good as SA10 in most cases, just the latter has a bit more "oomph" to it.

I still think OPTC is the best game, since it's the only one where having a buttload of legends doesnt means you cakewalk through stages. All raids have multiple solutions, F2P too if you're invested
----

After finishing INTHawk (still thrilled), I rank Aokiji twice. No skillups, and he's still at level 3. Wtf man, I even farmed you last time for like 10 copies. 60 stamina is just too rough for me. I'll come back to him if/when we ever get a 1/2 off stamina like we did for Doffy. That was the best, no regrets farming him then to max it

oh wow, she is worded TERRIBLY then.

Not going to feel too bad about her getting zero skill ups off of all these books then.

Yeah I was actually curious how on earth her skill would apply to Kuma, then I looked at her in-game description and was like ... who the hell translated this?

I think Killer's got similar issues, his skill description talks about removing the character's HP to 1, which sounds like "you lose killer's health from your total"

But in factuality it's "Reduce your crew's hp to 1".

There's probably more instances where they fucked up, but that's the two situations where I know "character" is used instead of crew.

EMT0

Banned
The amount of forests we've gotten recently is crazy. What's missing, the Kuja ship, Doffy's ship, and Law's ship?

Tidd

And Dorry maxed... Meat up rate is so great. Still missing 2 CD and 3 AH sockets. Hope I can get as many Dorry skill books as possible during that because I can use them for Broggy as well. Same skill name ftw! Although I would still need to run Broggy for sockets. Eh, not really an advantage. ;__;
Oh yeah and I shouldn't forget Apoo. He needs 1 Bind, 2 CD and 2 AH sockets. Thankfully the colosseum will be there for another 3 days next week and it just started for this weekend! If I get lucky I can start with my RR Apoo!

The amount of forests we've gotten recently is crazy. What's missing, the Kuja ship, Doffy's ship, and Law's ship?

All I care about is the 2nd anniversary Sunny! Specials will be up right when you start the quest for a few weeks! There's nothing better than that. I really hope we will get a raid Boa return during the anniversary because of this.
But yeah that should be all forests we are missing. I need my Legend Marco books so that I can clear them easily. :(

Kyou

Woo, maxed Apoo. Now time to socket RR Apoo because why not. Not really going to bother with Dorry because I've got 3d2y Sanji for my powerhouse boosting needs.

How crazy is Enel's forest? Ark Maxim sounds reaaaaaal good

Hana-Bi

Her ability description in global is fucking weird, but Kuma's status is "blown away", not knock outs afaik; Nami should be a "protect from defeat" zombie ability

She's ... basically similar to X-Drake as a last ditch survivor unit to take a hit, which isn't bad on paper ...

Except for the fact that most of Blue's major leads either screw with your HP or require your HP to always be high.

1. Enel's boost would put you below Nami's required hp amount, rendering her useless.

2. Boa/Marco would lose their captain bonus after using Nami unless keep their heal for after using her.

Kalifa has significantly more synergy with Enel because she protects from all damage after using his boost, whilst Nami's synergy with marco/boa is very situational.

Doesn't her special work like Kalifas special? So if you use Namis special and then say Enel special, Nami will protect you if only one enemy is attacking you.

Kalifa works the same: you can use Enels special to be under 10% and then you can use Kalifas special to get the full protection and after that you can use Marco or Boa to heal up and still have the protection buff.

EMT0

Banned
Ugh, it's a crappy feeling when you reflexively waste a gem on a really easy battle like the Franky Family in the Dorry Coliseum because you got dumb and didn't follow directions...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Not true. You can use Nami's special, then use enel's special, and the KO protection would still work.

So long as your HP is above the threshold when the special is used, the effect is applied.

Hana-Bi

Max skilled Apoo. His sockets are 4/4/1 for Despair/CD/Heal so still a way to go.

To recap my IntHawk book farming:

fn Rakuyo max skilled / max socket
rr Rakuyo max socket
fn Fossa max skilled
rr Fossa almost max socket (heal at 4)
fn Curiel max skilled
rr Curiel almost max socket (heal at 4)
fn Thatch max skilled

Yeah, I ran this fn way too much.

Doesn't her special work like Kalifas special? So if you use Namis special and then say Enel special, Nami will protect you if only one enemy is attacking you.

Kalifa works the same: you can use Enels special to be under 10% and then you can use Kalifas special to get the full protection and after that you can use Marco or Boa to heal up and still have the protection buff.

Not true. You can use Nami's special, then use enel's special, and the KO protection would still work.

So long as your HP is above the threshold when the special is used, the effect is applied.

Ah yeah, I always forget that particular detail lol.

That actually makes her quite useful as a defensive unit for Enel teams, right? Not sure when a defensive Enel team would really be needed though.

Kumo

Ugh, it's a crappy feeling when you reflexively waste a gem on a really easy battle like the Franky Family in the Dorry Coliseum because you got dumb and didn't follow directions...

It's worse when you accidentally revive when you meant to quit and then you die again because the battle became unwinnable. Happened to me a couple times. :(

xrokis

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!!

11 INTHawk Books
3 Gem Spent
2 Pirate level Up
5 Thatchs (2 skillups)

Max Max Max Legend!!!

whew that's super lucky. congrats!
Max skilled Apoo. His sockets are 4/4/1 for Despair/CD/Heal so still a way to go.

To recap my IntHawk book farming:

fn Rakuyo max skilled / max socket
rr Rakuyo max socket
fn Fossa max skilled
rr Fossa almost max socket (heal at 4)
fn Curiel max skilled
rr Curiel almost max socket (heal at 4)
fn Thatch max skilled

Yeah, I ran this fn way too much.
my tally of the wb fn looks almost the same, except for my inthawk lvl. still 3 to go 😭
might take a break to max skill apoo and brogy

added myself to the new friendlist. most active players should be on mine. if not send a request and i try to make room :)

Majukun

not sure it works like Kalifa... Kalifa Basically puts up a different shield depending on your hps, that's why the buff stucks even if you the heal... for Nami i guess it depends on what kind d of buffs she puts on.. if it's an unconditional "I will not die", then it will stuck even if you lose hps after that, but if the buff itself is hp based, than no.
I really have no experience with zombie buffs though, so I don't know which applies to Nami... That being said.. enel teams already have Kalifa that works better

Top Bottom