• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

EMT0

Banned
15 Inthawk copies and I got 5 skill ups so far. Still can't believe the first 3/5! But I also hate the last skill up because I don't know if I should wait till I've farmed another 5 books or just YOLO them away and get lucky on my first or 2nd try. :(

I say YOLO, because you gotta save dem gems

MKAllDay

So I entered this 2x skillup with ~80 copies of Zephyr. Despite the fact that the probability calc put me at a 95.8% chance of maxing, I did not even get particularly close and ended up SIX skillups short. I have all the units for an optimal SW Ace team but I feel like the Zephyr cooldown is going to be way too high.

Given that I have heard Zephyr raid does not come back, am I screwed in regards to using Zephyr in a SW Ace team?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Went 0 for 10 on Enel skill ups. Little burned out on raids so gonna stop and farm FNs. Time for some WB books!

Tidd

So I entered this 2x skillup with ~80 copies of Zephyr. Despite the fact that the probability calc put me at a 95.8% chance of maxing, I did not even get particularly close and ended up SIX skillups short. I have all the units for an optimal SW Ace team but I feel like the Zephyr cooldown is going to be way too high.

Given that I have heard Zephyr raid does not come back, am I screwed in regards to using Zephyr in a SW Ace team?

Wow this sucks. I'm really sorry for everyone who experience something like this :/ We really need that higher skill up chance soon. Hopefully we follow the japanese schedule.

Six skill up shorts would mean he's at 22 turns right now? With 2 turns from the cooldown socket and 1 from the Ace ship this would take you to 19. So it's usable for raids and colosseum. It's just not as fast as it could be. With raid Kizaru in the future you could take another 3 turns off that.
And I don't know if it would work for the forest dream team with Legend Marco. You have to stall for 4 more turns which could be a lot.

Well I don't expect to save gems with legend skill books. First one got me nothing. I will try another one and then save for 3.

Kyou

This one is pretty mindless:

Coffin Boat

Doflamingo / Doflamingo
RR Law (SW Zoro) / Mihawk
Koza (Doublefinger or 3D2Y Usopp or 3D2Y Zoro) / GPU

Sweet thanks. Got two runs in, leveled up, fed the Enels...

2 for 2. Max. Done Enel farming. ...I was all pumped up to tooth and nail my way to finally maxing Enel.

MKAllDay

Wow this sucks. I'm really sorry for everyone who experience something like this :/ We really need that higher skill up chance soon. Hopefully we follow the japanese schedule.

Six skill up shorts would mean he's at 22 turns right now? With 2 turns from the cooldown socket and 1 from the Ace ship this would take you to 19. So it's usable for raids and colosseum. It's just not as fast as it could be. With raid Kizaru in the future you could take another 3 turns off that.
And I don't know if it would work for the forest dream team with Legend Marco. You have to stall for 4 more turns which could be a lot.

Well I don't expect to save gems with legend skill books. First one got me nothing. I will try another one and then save for 3.

Correct he is at 22. So I guess he will still have his uses here and there. I just won't be living the dream :/

I do have these universal skill books. It feels bad using it on a raid unit but at the same time, if he is indeed never coming back, I am actually more likely to get skill books for my legend Ace/Marco than I am for him. Regardless, I am going to wait for the Japan skillup plus a 2x event to use those books. But maybe when that time comes he ends up being a very real consideration?

EMT0

Banned
Sweet thanks. Got two runs in, leveled up, fed the Enels...

2 for 2. Max. Done Enel farming. ...I was all pumped up to tooth and nail my way to finally maxing Enel.

Very nice! I'm going to miss your Doffy, I was making good use of him. 15 Enels in I'm at 1/5, 1/5, and 0/5 so I think the crazy luck streak from Mihawk + Doffy is now over, which is fair enough, it had to end at some point.

Kyou

Very nice! I'm going to miss your Doffy, I was making good use of him. 15 Enels in I'm at 1/5, 1/5, and 0/5 so I think the crazy luck streak from Mihawk + Doffy is now over, which is fair enough, it had to end at some point.

if I remember I'll put up my Doffy when I finish farming Apoo. I'm just going to go off natural stamina and not gem

EMT0

Banned
if I remember I'll put up my Doffy when I finish farming Apoo. I'm just going to go off natural stamina and not gem

Sounds excellent, thank you. I'm probably try for 20-25 Enels tonight then get as much done tomorrow as I can. Hopefully I can get Enel half done this go-around.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I finally skill maxed my enel. I've had him socketed for what feels like forever

and my luck with enel continues to suck. Came into this event with full sockets, 24 turn CD, and 30 enel copies banked.

.... i'm still at 24 CD

I don't know when I socketed him fully

Hana-Bi

Damn, I have someone in my friendlist with a pirate level of 747. I "only" have a pirate level of 403 and play this game everyday and farm those fortnights pretty hard. Can't imagine how much time and gems you'll need to get to such a high pirate level...

bjork

Damn, I have someone in my friendlist with a pirate level of 747. I "only" have a pirate level of 403 and play this game everyday and farm those fortnights pretty hard. Can't imagine how much time and gems you'll need to get to such a high pirate level...

Back when a level 300 account seemed impossible, I remember someone saying that those accounts have multiple people playing them 24/7.

Hana-Bi

Back when a level 300 account seemed impossible, I remember someone saying that those accounts have multiple people playing them 24/7.
That must be it. And probably from different time zones. Like one from Europe, one from the US and one from Asia.

Still crazy how many gems you'll need for such a high level...

Kyou

That must be it. And probably from different time zones. Like one from Europe, one from the US and one from Asia.

Still crazy how many gems you'll need for such a high level...

To some of those people that spend hundreds/thousands every Sugofest, I wonder how much it would conceivably cost to just play the game around the clock.

Can't be more than something like 60 stones a day.

edit: I'm making the best use ever of these strawhat things.

Rerun until I get an Usopp. Get 3 because of Baccarat. Evolve them all into GP Usopp to level up my second GP Usopp's special.

bjork

I had the SH stage show up twice out of five days. I don't know what happened, but I'm glad it wasn't just me getting hit with it. But even if they run a second set of five, I'm still missing three chances.

RalchAC

Ok, guys. Last time somebody told me that, in order to reliably kill the mobs in stage 4, my Mihawk needed to be an specific CD when I leave stage 3. Was it 5? 7? I can't remember lol.

Edit: Tried it myself. You must clear stage 3 when your Mihawk is at 6CD (if you have no CD reduction, I mean).

Majukun

disappointing that we are not going to get the "save ace" event jap got before marineford part 2.
that being said,the evet wasn't a success in japan,so that's probably a reason why they didn't even consider porting it to global....no qck luffy and str ace though :(

RalchAC

disappointing that we are not going to get the "save ace" event jap got before marineford part 2.
that being said,the evet wasn't a success in japan,so that's probably a reason why they didn't even consider porting it to global....no qck luffy and str ace though :(

We don't know yet. Maybe they're delaying it a bit and using the whole Marineford event as a "lookat how much awesome stuff we have for the Anniversary!". Maybe they'll just surprise us.

Hopefully they tweak the stages a bit though, since 35 stamina stuff was already really, really hard for Japan. I dunno, reduce their HP, the damage they do or something.

MiTYH

Really hope this Save Ace event comes to Global. It seemed really cool...

Also shocked that storymode is flying by. Maybe they're trying to get everyone one the same page? Impossible with fortnights, but everything else is possible I suppose...

Current Status:
5 INTHawk Books
3 Skillups (3 more needed)
1 Snail Stamina refreshes
2 Gem Spent
1 Pirate level Up
3 Thatchs (2 skillups)

Very happy with this for one day in. I'm halfway there! About to try for some snail meatups today, and if not, I'll throw another gem its way. If I could get INTHawk done before Boa arrives, that would just be perfection

Hana-Bi

I think we'll still get the Ace for the event. Would be really stupid otherwise since he's great for LL/free spirit teams.

Glad I pulled Kimono Ace though. ;)

RalchAC

I think we'll still get the Ace for the event. Would be really stupid otherwise since he's great for LL/free spirit teams.

Glad I pulled Kimono Ace though. ;)

You are confusing 2nd Anniversary Ace (INT. 1.75x boost to Free Spirit for 1 turn) with Marineford Ace, which is paired with Marineford Luffy for a 2x boost to Fighters for 1 turn IIRC.

MiTYH

Two free stamina refreshes later, one book and no skillups. Still missing three. Might gem later today for a time. I'm getting close to Plevel 300

bjork

Got a striker team that can nuke Croc 30s no sweat

PSY teams chew up this WB FN like nothing

this is renewing my interest.

Hana-Bi

You are confusing 2nd Anniversary Ace (INT. 1.75x boost to Free Spirit for 1 turn) with Marineford Ace, which is paired with Marineford Luffy for a 2x boost to Fighters for 1 turn IIRC.
Ah okay. Yeah thought that there was only one special Ace but we might get them simultaneously unlike japan. :)

RR30

You could use all mighty books when we get him on a skillup event and pray that RNG likes you. It's not ideal but it could help over time.

MKAllDay

You could use all mighty books when we get him on a skillup event and pray that RNG likes you. It's not ideal but it could help over time.

I am leaning in that direction. I feel like the best use for the almighty books has to be for legends but at the same time with no more Zephyr raids, that appears to be the only option whereas legends at least have rare books from specific FNs.

MANUELF

Banned

OUCH, I entered with my Zephyr at 24 CD and 15 copies and managed to get him to 18 CD and I never farmed that many copies, sorry to hear that and like RR30 said you can use your allmighty skill books on him, I used them on Shiki and they gave me 2 skill ups

EMT0

Banned
edit: I'm making the best use ever of these strawhat things.

Rerun until I get an Usopp. Get 3 because of Baccarat. Evolve them all into GP Usopp to level up my second GP Usopp's special.

I did the exact same thing. Got my second special up on my GP Usopp, and this is without having my account around for GP Usopp books or Usopp'n.

feelsgoodman.jpg

bjork

I ran the fn almost 150 times. Hopefully you get some more drops soon. It's really heartbreaking when you farm like crazy and still have nothing in the end...

This is why I slowed down greatly. Got Zephyr and Tesoro done during the Dec events, but after my Doflamingo experience, I don't have the energy to dive headfirst into maxing shit. If it happens, it happens.

EMT0

Banned
Enels #15-30 turned out pretty good, went 1/5, 1/5, and 3/5. Socket luck isn't so hot atm, I'm at 2 Bind/2 Despair/1 Autoheal. RNG, you're being good to me but I'd love to start seeing that bleed into sockets :s

MANUELF

Banned
It feels bad that I havent been able to farm this week, could have maxed Mihawk and Monster Chopper in any week prior this one

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I ran the fn almost 150 times. Hopefully you get some more drops soon. It's really heartbreaking when you farm like crazy and still have nothing in the end...

Oh wow, I can't complain then, not near 150 (yet). I'm just glad the FNs are easy and don't require any thinking. Makes the grind bearable.

Nope, we only hate future legend Akainu owners. :D

I'm not sure I even want Akainu /: he's so broken it's not actually fun anymore.

They should straight up nerf that guy lol.

You'll have your own personal OPTC hell elsewhere, fear not.

I kinda feel like karma dictates it'll take me 30 copies to get the final 2 skill ups.

Though I try never to get too upset about failures.

Actually my OPTC hell is Yosaku, he's the one unit I never maxed despite feeding him a bazillion copies lol ... good thing he's useless.

When I thought to myself "Well if I get decent skill ups on at least 1 unit related to this fn I'll be happy, statistically I'll get lucky with one out of 7 after all."

... I didn't expect that unit to be Mihawk honestly.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tidd

Split the difference and feed 3. :p

Feed 5 single copies and then 3 at a time and I still need one skill up... :( But I can't complain since I only used 23 copies so far. I expected that I would need at least 30.

Christ I just got 2 more mihawk books from a single run & a skill up from those lol.

Only 1 mihawk skill up left. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I see, you're stealing my last skill up. ;__; Good thing I still need some sockets on Psy Rakuyo.

MiTYH

That's 4/5 on Mihawk so far ... Do you guys hate me?

Hey, we all get lucky sometimes! Why would we hate...

Christ I just got 2 more mihawk books from a single run & a skill up from those lol.

Okay, yeah I hate you. I don't mind you getting lucky with skillups (I'm just got 4/7 myself), but I just cannot get these books to drop! I know it's only the second day, but idk HOW Hana-Bi found 26 books, because I'm getting Spandams and Iceburgs left and right.

Top Bottom