• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Hey, we all get lucky sometimes! Why would we hate...

Okay, yeah I hate you. I don't mind you getting lucky with skillups (I'm just got 4/7 myself), but I just cannot get these books to drop! I know it's only the second day, but idk HOW Hana-Bi found 26 books, because I'm getting Spandams and Iceburgs left and right.

I'll be honest, I've had two meats today & two meats yesterday and in both cases didn't get a single mihawk book during two full stamina bars; on average I'm at +- 1 book per full bar.

It's actually pretty easy to see if you got a book though:

- if the green fodder guy shows up and drops a book? congrats, you've got a mihawk book

- I think the same goes for the green giant lady, but I haven't fully confirmed that. I do know I got mihawk on that round before.

- if rakuyo drops a chest there's a chance it could be anyone, including a slight chance on Mihawk.

Basically, if the green guys don't drop books your only hope is Rakuyo; if they do drop books I think those are guaranteed.

Tidd

AND DONE! Last single book gave me the skill up. So I needed 24 to max my Inthawk. Not bad.

W8lkC8ll.jpg

- I think the same goes for the green giant lady, but I haven't fully confirmed that. I do know I got mihawk on that round before.

Yeah, green giant Lady is also a guaranteed Mihawk book. And these drops are the best because you know you'll get one.

EMT0

Banned
Enels #15-30 turned out pretty good, went 1/5, 1/5, and 3/5. Socket luck isn't so hot atm, I'm at 2 Bind/2 Despair/1 Autoheal. RNG, you're being good to me but I'd love to start seeing that bleed into sockets :s

#30-35 continue to yield weak sockets but good special ups, 2/5. I'm at 6/15 needed sockets, and have only gotten 6/35 good sockets. I don't know how I'm going to feel if I have to keep feeding Enel past maxing his special at this rate...

bobohoro

Quad maxed IntHawk is pretty rad. Congrats.

First 10 Enels gave me 3 skillups and 4 sockets, I'm okay with that.
It's kinda annoying that I have to constantly switch crews from Doffy to Mihawk to get more friendhawks to show up and then switch back on the confirmation screen. Already wasted 60 stamina due to running double Mihawk.

Other than that my team runs without problems and lots of room for error. Will probably grind him until I get 5 AH sockets or another level up, which is pretty far away.

Tidd

Thanks everyone, I used around 15 gems for that, two level ups and 3-4 meats. At least the fortnight had really good socket fodder. Completed my RR Fossa, fortnight Curiel and Rakuyo.
RR Thatch and Rakuyo as well as fortnight Fossa are on a good way. Maybe I should've used my Thatches on the fortnight version but I still have a few days and he'll show up in the next Whitebeard fortnight. RR Curiel still has a long way to go.

So I'm not done with this fortnight but for now I try to concentrate on my colosseum Apoo, which I evolved today and maxed with 35 copies!!! Of course I'm missing sockets. But since it's a skill up event right now I will farm the giant over the weekend and will come back to Apoo next week.

MiTYH

It's actually pretty easy to see if you got a book though:

- if the green fodder guy shows up and drops a book? congrats, you've got a mihawk book

- if rakuyo drops a chest there's a chance it could be anyone, including a slight chance on Mihawk.

Basically, if the green guys don't drop books your only hope is Rakuyo; if they do drop books I think those are guaranteed.

I agree with that assumption on who drops. But sadly, seeing is easier than getting. So many turtles too...

Ugh. I keep seeing all these INTHawks with Charge Specials over Slot rate. I chose that for more damage, and since I got those slots first. I don't have the team for special cooldown yet, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to switch to that in the future (the other three beind bind/despair/autoheal)

I agree with that assumption on who drops. But sadly, seeing is easier than getting. So many turtles too...

Ugh. I keep seeing all these INTHawks with Charge Specials over Slot rate. I chose that for more damage, and since I got those slots first. I don't have the team for special cooldown yet, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to switch to that in the future (the other three beind bind/despair/autoheal)

Usually I have a sliiight preference for slot rate, but Inthawk's special is amazing with a ridiculously bloated cooldown of 19t even when maxed; so having that level 1 cd with two inthawk leads felt like a no-brainer for me.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm definitely new to the game, so what the heck do I know, but increased slot rate feels like a minor bonus, if that, because it just changes a variable that may or may not have been in your favor anyway. Bind/despair are the best because they prevent a known obstacle, something you can plan around. Reduced CD/AH are also something that offers a tangible benefit that you can incorporate into your strategy. These are things that can have a direct impact to your success. Increased slot chance doesn't seem like it has the same effect. Chances are, if you are reliant on increased RNG from these sockets, you probably lost anyway, and even if you win, it's not something you can rely on enough to farm. This game seems to place a high value on knowing the fight and accounting for everything in your planning, not relying on RNG to be in your favor in any way.

EMT0

Banned
I'm definitely new to the game, so what the heck do I know, but increased slot rate feels like a minor bonus, if that, because it just changes a variable that may or may not have been in your favor anyway. Bind/despair are the best because they prevent a known obstacle, something you can plan around. Reduced CD/AH are also something that offers a tangible benefit that you can incorporate into your strategy. These are things that can have a direct impact to your success. Increased slot chance doesn't seem like it has the same effect. Chances are, if you are reliant on increased RNG from these sockets, you probably lost anyway, and even if you win, it's not something you can rely on enough to farm. This game seems to place a high value on knowing the fight and accounting for everything in your planning, not relying on RNG to be in your favor in any way.

I'd generally agree, although characters like Ace, Fujitora, and Lucci that want to see matching orbs as often as possible are going to want to be all over slot matching.

MiTYH

Yeah it's a regret of mine now for sure. When there's free time, I guess I'll go back to farming Mihawks to changeup my INTHawks sockets.

As if there wasn't enough to do already...

The big distinction is honestly this:

CD is basically useless for forest runs because it'll only count the first time you use a skill, whilst the forests give you plenty of room for the initial charge usually.

In contrast, orb luck is frequently the reason people end up failing forest runs, because the teams for it are so specific that clean burst teams like you use on raids aren't viable.

From what I can tell the increased number of obnoxiously cheesy zombie teams that work for forests has actually shifted the orb v.s. cd debate a lot more in the favor of cd. (though then again, orb luck already gives a decent benefit at 1 character, whilst CD requires similar dedication as heal)

Shackzam

I hope all you whitebeard owners get lucky with your drop rates and skill ups because I definitely need more people with max whitebeard captains.

EMT0

Banned
I'm so close to maxing Enel. 2 more skillups, 3 more sockets. He's getting done today, that's pretty certain, but I hope it's sooner than later.

EDIT: Today is Day 59 and I just hit Pirate Level 201, giving me 120 stamina. Feels good to think that I've made so much progress in two months.

MKAllDay

edit: I'm making the best use ever of these strawhat things.

Rerun until I get an Usopp. Get 3 because of Baccarat. Evolve them all into GP Usopp to level up my second GP Usopp's special.

How do you rerun until you get a strawhat of your choice?

Kyou

How do you rerun until you get a strawhat of your choice?

if you don't actually finish it you can run it again. So once you get to the second strawhat if you havent gotten who you're after just go Menu>Quit Quest or quit and restart the app and say you don't want to continue your battle.

Hana-Bi

Lol, I'm scared to feed anymore IntHawk books. Might just farm 10+ books and hope I get at least one skill up.

At least I can level up my chars. Psy Thatch was maxed with 10 copies. If only I got this lucky with IntHawk...

*feeds Mihawk the two books I managed to farm today*

Skill up!
Skill up!

That's 4/5 on Mihawk so far ... Do you guys hate me?

Christ I just got 2 more mihawk books from a single run & a skill up from those lol.

Only 1 mihawk skill up left. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Neorice's Mihawk quest continues!

"Man I'm really sleepy but I'm about to level, If I do one more 15 stamina run that should get me over the edge."

"oh I didn't know 15 sta could drop mihawk books"

*skill up*

Oh my fucking god how is this even reality lololololol. Skillmaxed within 2 days.

EMT0

Banned
I've never been happier to not have an Inthawk

No kidding, Neoriceisgood would have driven me to open a mine from the salt I'd generate

On the Enel front, 1 more skillup and 1 more autoheal socket to go. And also 1 gem away from running out of the F2P gems I stockpiled from Aokiji onwards. That'd make the cost of maxing out Mihawk, Doffy, and (almost) Enel about 55 gems with the good luck I've had.

EDIT: Maxed his special, just one more autoheal socket then I'm never touching the Enel raid again
EDIT2: You know what to hell with wasting more gems, I'll wait on a guaranteed autosocket book

Hana-Bi

Neorice's Mihawk quest continues!

"Man I'm really sleepy but I'm about to level, If I do one more 15 stamina run that should get me over the edge."

"oh I didn't know 15 sta could drop mihawk books"

*skill up*

Oh my fucking god how is this even reality lololololol. Skillmaxed within 2 days.
Man you are tempting me to feed my copies just to get uero skill ups. :)

Congrats. Hopefully I can max him this weekend (need to max Apoo too).

MKAllDay

if you don't actually finish it you can run it again. So once you get to the second strawhat if you havent gotten who you're after just go Menu>Quit Quest or quit and restart the app and say you don't want to continue your battle.

Ok thanks. Damn if I had known that I would have been resetting it every day since I have yet to see Usopp and he is the one I want to socket the most.

Man you are tempting me to feed my copies just to get uero skill ups. :)

Congrats. Hopefully I can max him this weekend (need to max Apoo too).

Well if you feed em right away you know when you're done farming.

The fact that I feed as I go means I can actually get a few Enel copies before the raid ends, cause I know Mihawk's finished.

Hana-Bi

Well if you feed em right away you know when you're done farming.

The fact that I feed as I go means I can actually get a few Enel copies before the raid ends, cause I know Mihawk's finished.

I fed my last 17 copies without any skill up. I'll horde a few just to have the possibility of at least one skill up.

The good thing is that most of my rr units have 3 out of 4 sockets maxed so I could skill up the fn versions.

bobohoro

No kidding, Neoriceisgood would have driven me to open a mine from the salt I'd generate

On the Enel front, 1 more skillup and 1 more autoheal socket to go. And also 1 gem away from running out of the F2P gems I stockpiled from Aokiji onwards. That'd make the cost of maxing out Mihawk, Doffy, and (almost) Enel about 55 gems with the good luck I've had.

EDIT: Maxed his special, just one more autoheal socket then I'm never touching the Enel raid again
EDIT2: You know what to hell with wasting more gems, I'll wait on a guaranteed autosocket book

Nice!
Didn't have quite the drive (or time) today to do the same. Farmed about 45 copies, got his CD to 23 and 12 out of 15 sockets for B/D/AH. Would have tried harder, but had a dry spell of 10 dupes without a skillup in the middle which killed my enthusiasm a bit.

And I'd even take an Inthawk with all the salt than having no legend at all!

Tidd

Oh Bandai. The current Banners are a terrible idea. Facebook will be like "lol I got legend Aokiji from a raid instead of pulls!"

RedBoot

Ugh, finally finished Enel. I needed 7 skill ups at the beginning of the day and it took me 49 copies to get them. I never got more than 1 skill up per set of 5, went 0/10 once, and went 0/8 until I got the final skill up on the 49th copy. Only had stamina for one more run, wasn't going to spend any more gems if I didn't get it. Also started the day with only 3 sockets to go and it took me 35 copies to get them.

Basically, game was stingy as fuck today. :p At least it's done. Enel at max level, skill, socket, and RCV. Let's get that permanent skill up boost going Bandai. I actually like the Enel raid, but I wish I'd been able to stop about 20 runs earlier.

New sugo actually has a pretty solid list of boosted units (I only have a few of 'em), but Blenheim's the only double boosted one. Doing one pull at most. Let's hope it's Haruta.

Kyou

I was an idiot and am still waiting on tonight to get a blue lobster for him

Stupid Blue Gilly taking all my lobsters.

Adeptrain

I'm so close to maxing Enel. 2 more skillups, 3 more sockets. He's getting done today, that's pretty certain, but I hope it's sooner than later.

EDIT: Today is Day 59 and I just hit Pirate Level 201, giving me 120 stamina. Feels good to think that I've made so much progress in two months.

Wow! o_O you've passed me up!! I'm only 197 ㅠㅠ congrats on breaking 200!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Beat the sun forest with a variant of this team (legend Marco instead of Psy Marco, better sockets).

I then maxed the ship with only 1 failure - on my first attempt from leveling it from lvl 1 to level 2 :eek:

EMT0

Banned
Nice!
Didn't have quite the drive (or time) today to do the same. Farmed about 45 copies, got his CD to 23 and 12 out of 15 sockets for B/D/AH. Would have tried harder, but had a dry spell of 10 dupes without a skillup in the middle which killed my enthusiasm a bit.

And I'd even take an Inthawk with all the salt than having no legend at all!

Wow! o_O you've passed me up!! I'm only 197 ㅠㅠ congrats on breaking 200!

Thanks guys :) Super happy to have maxed out the 'staple' Raid bosses of OPTC; Kuma, Boa, and Heracles'un are my next targets for the future in terms of priority. Still really pleased I pulled it off using F2P gems only, although it was only possible due to Boss Rush having a double skillup to go along with it. For now though, Aokiji is going to get piledrived.

linkent

Wanted Bind/Silence/AH for Apoo.
Max level max sockets 0 bind slot appears.
End up with Silence/AH/CD
Sometimes it just doesnt worth it to do more.

Guess i will need to change sabo sockets to
Bind/AH/orbs :(

Nice Mihawk there.
Gonna skip pulling on this Aokiji banner when the anni banner is so close.

RalchAC

Enel can burn in hell. I've got awful luck with him. Like 3/30. In the mean time, his sockets are maxed. They were maxed quite easily, which makes not getting a skill up from 5 dupes even worse.

He is at 26 turns right now. I hope the next time he comes back we have that improved skill up rate that Japan has. The last team I had this bad luck wad with Garp in the early days. I've probably already given him 50 copies in various Clashes. And I'm not even midway.

Majukun

Enel can burn in hell. I've got awful luck with him. Like 3/30. In the mean time, his sockets are maxed. They were maxed quite easily, which makes not getting a skill up from 5 dupes even worse.

He is at 26 turns right now. I hope the next time he comes back we have that improved skill up rate that Japan has. The last team I had this bad luck wad with Garp in the early days. I've probably already given him 50 copies in various Clashes. And I'm not even midway.
look at the bright side, when you use him as a captain, CD rarely counts,so it's still usable. different matter as a sub though

Shackzam

I maxed out my aokiji and only missing one cooldown socket on him, but I didn't get to max my enel. I got him down to a 21 turn cooldown which is semi usable when you aren't using him as captain.

bobohoro

Don't know what to do today.
My Garp is garbage, but I also see no urgent reason to farm him now that I have a triple maxed Tesoro. Sure he has his class uses and stuff, but he is really low priority. But he's Garp and a raid boss, so it feels kinda weird not to go for him.

I can also probably take on Aokiji with a Marco team, now that I have Doffy maxed. But another 60 stamina raid will seriously eat into my gem count and I don't really have a striker team he'd fit into, and I rarely need an INT team. But he's Aokiji and a raid boss, so it feels weird not to go for him.

I think I'll relax and run the WB FN a few times for lots of new characters and easy skillups. And to get huge amounts of IntHawk books, because I don't have him.

MiTYH

Dear Thatch - I love you buddy, but I swear to Coby if you show up and replace an INTHawk book stage again I'm gonna smack you

RalchAC

Don't know what to do today.
My Garp is garbage, but I also see no urgent reason to farm him now that I have a triple maxed Tesoro. Sure he has his class uses and stuff, but he is really low priority. But he's Garp and a raid boss, so it feels kinda weird not to go for him.

I can also probably take on Aokiji with a Marco team, now that I have Doffy maxed. But another 60 stamina raid will seriously eat into my gem count and I don't really have a striker team he'd fit into, and I rarely need an INT team. But he's Aokiji and a raid boss, so it feels weird not to go for him.

I think I'll relax and run the WB FN a few times for lots of new characters and easy skillups. And to get huge amounts of IntHawk books, because I don't have him.

Well, it's a useful raid boss during skill up, which is a bit rare sight. Long term is a good investment. And, since Aokiji is a bit tricky (you need to pay attention while clearing stages 1-4) I'd rather do 20+20+20 than 60 copies in a single day.

Top Bottom