• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hate this game, hate Inthawk books.
*mumblegrumble*
I think I'll just wait for it to come back because I'm missing RR Rakuyo, Curiel, Thatch, SW Chopper and Brook.

not sure it works like Kalifa... Kalifa Basically puts up a different shield depending on your hps, that's why the buff stucks even if you the heal... for Nami i guess it depends on what kind d of buffs she puts on.. if it's an unconditional "I will not die", then it will stuck even if you lose hps after that, but if the buff itself is hp based, than no.
I really have no experience with zombie buffs though, so I don't know which applies to Nami... That being said.. enel teams already have Kalifa that works better

I'm gonna test it on a zero stamina island as I actually can't find info on it, will report back in a bit.

/edit

though gotta empty stamina first lol.

Hana-Bi

Mmh, Colo Apoo is at 5/5/1 for despair/cd/heal. Will socket my rr Apoo now and might go for 3 auto heal sockets for Colo Apoo later...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Ah yeah, I always forget that particular detail lol.

That actually makes her quite useful as a defensive unit for Enel teams, right? Not sure when a defensive Enel team would really be needed though.

Enel / Enel / Nami / Legend Doffy / Legend Marco / Leo

Or something like that

Majukun

apoo at 5/4/3 sockets..was hoping for a bit of luck but it really wasn't there..best i got was 1/5 every time...still have dorry to socket too :(

Hana-Bi

Finally have +200 cc on my legend Doffy. Now I need to feed some candies to my IntHawk. :)

Might socket legend Boa during her raid. Hopefully I can start to skill max her too in the future. She was one of my first legends but I never farmed her books and the copies I got never gave me a skill up.

Kyou

socketing RR Apoo is going super well

also I omitted the greatest sin last night. Remembered to do my snails before bed and got back to back meats, so I went to bed with double filled stamina

EMT0

Banned
Go D. Usopp continues to bless me. Got a single Usopp today from Straw Hat Island, evolved him to GP Usopp and...skillup! I'm now at three skillups on Usopp without a single Usopp book having been available since I started this account. Only two more to go.

bobohoro

Go D. Usopp continues to bless me. Got a single Usopp today from Straw Hat Island, evolved him to GP Usopp and...skillup! I'm now at three skillups on Usopp without a single Usopp book having been available since I started this account. Only two more to go.

Good going. I'm saving my 5 GPU dupes, will farm Usopp'n pretty hard, need sockets for 3 Usopps and skill-ups on 2 GPUs and 1 Sogeking.
I'd wish to see his super evolution before committing to that though.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
In typical OPTC fashion, I've gotten 10 INT Mihawk books today idly farming Whitebeard Pirates on natural stamina (including getting a 2X drop twice), but I have no INThawk.

EMT0

Banned
Today is just not my day, the Chaos Coliseum stages are kicking my ass due to self-inflicted handicaps like missing the timing on my locked STR units when taking on Bellamy, or forgetting to use a special while bursting Robin. So much wasted stamina >.>

RR30

Finally have +200 cc on my legend Doffy. Now I need to feed some candies to my IntHawk. :)

Might socket legend Boa during her raid. Hopefully I can start to skill max her too in the future. She was one of my first legends but I never farmed her books and the copies I got never gave me a skill up.

Accidently fed a RCV candy to my IntHawk. My OCD is going to kill me now being 99/100/1 on it.

EMT0

Banned
God I'm dumb -.-

I accidentally fed my 5 Almighty books to my 6* Marco. Thankfully not someone that's bad at all to have fed with em and I did get two skillups, but still. Major stupid moment, but at least it didn't bite me badly.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Accidently fed a RCV candy to my IntHawk. My OCD is going to kill me now being 99/100/1 on it.

No way to rearrange them or switch? I've been feeding them without rhyme or reason, save RCV to Enel. Thought I could replace later if I had to. Not that it matters much I guess.

The number of times I've run the WB book FN is now sitting at 3 billion. Great for leveling up my red units. Painful when I go for an hour or two with no book.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
No way to rearrange them or switch? I've been feeding them without rhyme or reason, save RCV to Enel. Thought I could replace later if I had to. Not that it matters much I guess.

The number of times I've run the WB book FN is now sitting at 3 billion. Great for leveling up my red units. Painful when I go for an hour or two with no book.

No way to rearrange them or switch, and it's highly recommended to put 100 ATK and 100 HP on most units. You can only have +200 total, and a maximum of +100 in each stat.

RCV candidates tend to be Enel, 3D2Y Sanji, Boa, Marco, Mansherry, and INTvankov.

Until you decide where to put cotton candies, you can stick them on a turtle or evolver and lock them for safekeeping. Cotton candies transfer over if you feed the unit to another.

Hana-Bi

God I'm dumb -.-

I accidentally fed my 5 Almighty books to my 6* Marco. Thankfully not someone that's bad at all to have fed with em and I did get two skillups, but still. Major stupid moment, but at least it didn't bite me badly.

That's why you favorite them. ;) This way you can't accidentally feed them.

RalchAC

Lately I've been getting quite used to Log Luffy. I don't hate it anymore, honestly. So far, I've had two choices for doing Coliseum. Either use an Slasher team that relies on luck (or Koza, which suprisingly I still don't have) or a Log Luffy team. Most of the time the choice was Log Luffy.

So, yeah. I've grown used to him due to sheer necessity. Playing with him more often has made me realize something: a lot of people, before Akainu was introduced, talked about Log Luffy as if it was the best thing ever and a "I win" button. But it really isn't. There is no dream team for Log Luffy. You have to switch subs really often. He may be awesome, but you need to have worked your ass off to max other units if you really to enjoy how much stuff he is able to clear.

Since I don't have Enel, I got a bit more creative with my Apoo team. Decided to use 2x L. Luffy, DEX Hawkins, Doflamingo, Leo and my recently maxed Aokiji. It works really well. But I've had to max 2 Raid Bosses and a Coliseum unit in order to build it, which is quite a time sink.

Majukun

stuck at 5/4/4 with Apoo's sockets... 3/4 of the last were anti poison.. why that never happens with good sockets?

also, first day with no meat :(

bjork

Only had 1 Mihawk book in about 20ish runs, but it gave a skill-up, so he's at 2/6. I won't get him there before the skill-up is over, but I'm okay with that.

MiTYH

Been spending today and yesterday farming Croc's FN to get Mr1 and Slasherdile sockets. It... hasn't been going well. Despite two meats yesterday, only seen Mr1 three times, and gotten one skillup from it. Croc's sockets haven't been much better.

So ... what are the most optimal teams for farming Boa if you've got a max skill Inthawk anyway?

I plan on giving this team a try, from Reddit's guide here:
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...99,15:50,408:99C4,10B260D0E1025Q0L0G0R12S100H

Kyou

saving up for Boa tonight, gonna try and make some progress on her.

Also probably going to have to watch some videos because I remember the real killer on her being the first four levels

EMT0

Banned
That's why you favorite them. ;) This way you can't accidentally feed them.

The lesson has been learned ;_;7

On the bright side, today has been a good day for content clearing. I managed to clear Colo Apoo on my second try, although good orb luck played a big role in my doing so. If I hadn't done so by the skin of my teeth, I'd be tempted to go and get 3 more skillups on Apoo to get him to a usable 18 CD but I don't have the friends to pull that off. Also managed to max out Story Mr.1's special, now to see if I can manage Miss Doublefinger before Prison Croc goes away. Anything I can shave off on Blamenco and Kid, as well sockets on Slashercroc is just gravy.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Nico Olvia fortnight and the New Sengoku fortnight

Thanks. I will have to have some patience on those I guess.

Need two more skill ups on my WB to max. Getting two books in one run brought real tears to my eyes.

Tidd

Did my one pull and got exactly what I expected on a DEX rate up sugo... An Apoo. And that's it! I won't pull anymore.

Tried a Fuji team against Boa. And yep it's much better than my SW Ace team.

RedBoot

And that's an 0 for 5 on the first Boa feeding. Including last time, that's 4 for 35 total. Almost non-skill boost numbers. :/ Tomorrow's pretty busy for me, so I might just go easy on this one and just get a few skill ups. Of course, at my current rate, that would require 30 or so runs.

Did my one sugo pull: Giolla. Well, it's a new unit, at least.

MiTYH

Two pulls. Cabin boy coby and Bellmere. Sounds about right

Boa's raid is hard. Mostly just getting to her. May need to revise my team a bit or stop making stupid mistakes. Probably that last one...

Tidd

2/5 on my first copies! At least it starts better than the last time and my team is much better too. I don't even need to hit all my perfects against Boa and that is without Fujis special. Also it's very kind of her to give me "matching orbs". :D
Oh and people who said that it's okay to just have Caesar as a Driven class booster: You're wrong. Shiki is so much better thanks to his orb conversion! (as long as you don't have legend Doffy, I guess? But even then he can't convert bother orbs which Shiki can!)

EMT0

Banned
We're getting a Kizaru forest and his ship is going to be a cannonball, ahahaha. I love it.

I'd also love to be farming Hancock right now during double skillup but I gotta wait for Raid Kuma to come around first :( Heracles'un and Kuma will be it for me this month AFAIK (Usopp'un is great but not really a raid).

RedBoot

We're getting a Kizaru forest and his ship is going to be a cannonball, ahahaha. I love it.

5+ Sanji and Usopp coming soon as well. Really interested in seeing how Usopp turns out, he's got high expectations to live up to. RR Timeskip Usopp was already pretty amazing though.

GaimeGuy

And that's an 0 for 5 on the first Boa feeding. Including last time, that's 4 for 35 total. Almost non-skill boost numbers. :/ Tomorrow's pretty busy for me, so I might just go easy on this one and just get a few skill ups. Of course, at my current rate, that would require 30 or so runs.

Did my one sugo pull: Giolla. Well, it's a new unit, at least.

Giolla is actually pretty beastly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/53xg6o/new_whitebeard_raid_clear/d7xx44g/

EMT0

Banned
5+ Sanji and Usopp coming soon as well. Really interested in seeing how Usopp turns out, he's got high expectations to live up to. RR Timeskip Usopp was already pretty amazing though.

Sanji will hopefully be great like the other Straw Hats. The real money's on whether he's a tangible improvement over GPUsopp, or if we'll continue to keep him around. There's a good chance that 5+ Usopp ditches delaying as Usopp's 'thing' because (IMO) Bandai might see it as being put between a rock and a hard place. An objectively better unit over GPUsopp means that older content becomes easier than intended and they balance new content around this new Usopp, or it's a worse Usopp which I feel there's no way they'll do this on purpose. The safe route is to have 5+ Usopp just do something out of left field, IMO
Give me a better GP Usopp Bandai

GaimeGuy

Urgh, are there any decently safe teams to use against Boa? I'm using the SW ace dream team with GPU, but I keep on fucking up on either stage 2 (leaving 1 unit alive) or stage 4 (messing up manual targeting).

Legends I have which are fully socketed:

Log Luffy
SW Ace
Doffy
Inthawk

Mostly socketed (like 75-80% complete):
Marco
Rayleigh

Lol:
Sabo

I also own a maxed kuma (I know he's often used)

I'm only 2 for 5 on boa runs tonight. Lady luck was on my side though - those 2 boas when fed were skill ups and useful sockets.

EMT0

Banned
Urgh, are there any decently safe teams to use against Boa? I'm using the SW ace dream team with GPU, but I keep on fucking up on either stage 2 (leaving 1 unit alive) or stage 4 (messing up manual targeting).

Legends I have which are fully socketed:

Log Luffy
SW Ace
Doffy
Inthawk

Mostly socketed (like 75-80% complete):
Marco
Rayleigh

Lol:
Sabo

I also own a maxed kuma (I know he's often used)

I'm only 2 for 5 on boa runs tonight. Lady luck was on my side though - those 2 boas when fed were skill ups and useful sockets.

I haven't tested this team myself but this team Zeenigami showed off made her look like cake: The team in question, in action

It's what I plan on using once I get Raid Kuma maxed

Kyou

Ray/Ray/Aokiji/Raid Kuma/RR Kid/GP Usopp is pretty safe. The closer Kuma and Aokiji are to 20 the better, my kuma is 23 and just barely makes it so a maxed one should be no problem. Doesn't require any sockets.

stall as long as you can on the first stage, only take a max of one hit from the Lobster which should keep you above 10k

Kid on stage 2, kill em

GP Usopp on 3. Kill the back row and try to farm recovery orbs before the big one hits. If you can manage to get back above 10k you can take a second hit from the giant which is what I usually have to do because my Kuma is so high. Try and get purple orbs.

Sunny on stage 4, again trying to get purple orbs for the last couple hits on the penguin. If you really need to you can stall on him a bit.

Usopp Boa, attack as hard as you can on turn 1. Then Kuma + Aokiji specials on turn 2, easily killing her. After the revive you want to try to avoid getting Aokiji locked but if it happens you can use your Rayleigh specials and as long as one of them has +100 attack candies you SHOULD be able to finish her off.

Tidd

Reddit has enough teams with videos. Depending on your subs it should be possible. I guess best thing would be if you could use one of the Rayleigh teams with RR Kid and raid Kuma. Kid either kills stage 2 completely if they are dex or leave them with low enough HP to 1-shot them.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/5mun70/eng_boa_hancock_raid_boss_megathread/

RedBoot

Well well, I stand corrected. I was too focused on her captain ability, which was notable at her release but has been outclassed by Tesoro. I figured her special might be useful in certain instances, but it's good to see the math.

Of course, I have basically none of the other Driven RRs save Caesar, so she'll have to wait for me to pull Fuji or something. Which would be fine.

Sanji will hopefully be great like the other Straw Hats. The real money's on whether he's a tangible improvement over GPUsopp, or if we'll continue to keep him around. There's a good chance that 5+ Usopp ditches delaying as Usopp's 'thing' because (IMO) Bandai might see it as being put between a rock and a hard place. An objectively better unit over GPUsopp means that older content becomes easier than intended and they balance new content around this new Usopp, or it's a worse Usopp which I feel there's no way they'll do this on purpose. The safe route is to have 5+ Usopp just do something out of left field, IMO
Give me a better GP Usopp Bandai

They won't give him (or anyone) a delay over 3, anyway. They could give him a 3 turn delay plus something else (a la Sogeking, except good), or they could even just make him GP with better stats and more sockets. I do hope they get creative though. That's why I liked the RR Timeskip Usopp, they basically made him the Usopp you use when GP isn't useful.

Top Bottom