• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Getting 100% less Luffy copies today. I know people always joke how the drop rate for things they want falls off a cliff for the last day of a fortnight... but come on.

I'd say wait for NM Luffy to show up since he's the best source for Luffy sockets but who the hell knows when that will be. It could be the 10th or Bandai could have mistaken him for the second coming of Zephyr and banished him to the nether realm.

Rayleigh farming has been real troll today. Three Luffy skulls and one beri bag. I don't even know what I'm supposed to do with these skulls. They're worth 1 beri, 1 XP, or 1 Ray point.

Majukun

if it' wasn't for this damn animation bug,i would have a 100% success rate on akainu
it's really not as bad as i thought it was.

EMT0

Banned
banished him to the shadow realm.

FTFY.

Recent Manga Spoilers:
How do you think Big Mom wrecks people's souls?

94fad5d4479baa687871094c7baf9861_480.jpg

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Dying to akainu because you didn't think you'd reach 4m damage by your 4th attacker is (i) first world problems and (ii) infuriating.

mileS

I'd say wait for NM Luffy to show up since he's the best source for Luffy sockets but who the hell knows when that will be. It could be the 10th or Bandai could have mistaken him for the second coming of Zephyr and banished him to the nether realm.

Rayleigh farming has been real troll today. Three Luffy skulls and one beri bag. I don't even know what I'm supposed to do with these skulls. They're worth 1 beri, 1 XP, or 1 Ray point.
LOL I'm guessing it's in the nether realm at this point. Considering how long ago (content wise) we were supposed to get it. It would be insulting to make us wait until this Halloween. Really hope they don't do that.

TS Luffy is 5/5 auto heal 5/5 special. 3/5 for bind, despair and damage reduction. I heard the word on the street is that's a good one to shot for over slots in this case. Which reminds me I should start keeping that socket where I can on my free spirit units.

Kyou

Dying to akainu because you didn't think you'd reach 4m damage by your 4th attacker is (i) first world problems and (ii) infuriating.

Yuuuup.

Akainu was too stressful for me in the game right now, I feel pretty good about getting my copy and ignoring him this go around. Good for my mental health. I'll try to get a better team together before the next time he comes around

EMT0

Banned
Got another skillup on Trebol, 1 more to go. I'll get enough natural stamina for three more runs before skillup ends, with any luck I'll get it done. But I should have enough books by the time this fortnight ends, one way or another, even if I have to wait until the next skillup event. All other RR units are done, as is DEX Inazuma. INTVankov is 2 Bind, 1 Despair, and 1 Autoheal away from being done so I've got a chance to get some of those sockets done by tomorrow night. RR Inazuma's more than halfway done but socketing Inazuma is very low on the priority list. All in all pretty pleased with how this FN went.

So on another note, anyone still hanging on to their 3D2Y books despite having pulled the units? I've got 3D2Y Sanji and Chopper, but I'm not using their books until we've got the permanent skillup rate increase plus a skillup event because who knows when we'll see their books again.

Majukun

farms 15 copies to akainu,gets 5 skillup

*oh look at this,maybe this time the game hads decided to give my some sweet after the shit that was the anni sugo*

farms another 15 copies and gets 0, so now it's -1 skillup the average

*what i was even expecting?*

RedBoot

Kuzan friend, SW Ace captain, Van Auger, Zephyr, Raid Kizaru, and Heracles'n. You can also sub in Doffy if you don't have Van Auger and it still works. The extra health lets you tank on the first turn for a good while since you lose some of it when they swap your captains anyway. Put Auger/Zephyr (2.5x shooter CA) or raid Kizaru (2.25x shooter CA) in the middle row for when captain swapping stage. Pop all your specials on the last stage and just make sure you finish with raid Kizaru or Van Auger for the final hit of your burst turn (NOT KUZAN) and you should be golden and just kill him when he revives.

Yeah, this was the team I finally beat it with (since every Enel/Cabbage attempt stalled at wave 3). I had to use the Doffy version since I don't have Van Spelling Error, but it works well enough. Basically everything except Akainu himself becomes trivial with this team, which is nice. Also helps that it's an amusingly appropriate captain duo to beat Akainu with.

Was also nice to clear a raid with one of my new legend pulls. Fiddling around enough with Ace and Rayleigh over the last day or two has gotten me over any sugo regrets about them being "old" legends. (I do want the hell out of Kuzan after running this raid with him, tho)

Majukun

my 100% success rate team (except for when i got the glitched animations) was

fujitora
cavendish
dex doflamingo
shiki
ener
gp usopp

stage 3 is beaten by gpusopping it to death, at aakainu it's gp usopp + fuji first turn,stall until he dispels all debuffs while you farm orbs,then it's doffy+shiki to kill him easy...when he revives it's sunny + cavendish time
don't know if the cavendish needs CC though..just to be sure i have always brought one that does

too bad i didn't had the time or the gems to max him today...only down to 26 turns,so another 9 skillups needed down the way.

mileS

too bad i didn't had the time or the gems to max him today...only down to 26 turns,so another 9 skillups needed down the way.

That still puts you ahead of most of us here so that ain't bad. At the very least you have a 100% success team lined up. When he comes back around you can get close or finish him off.

commish

farms 15 copies to akainu,gets 5 skillup

*oh look at this,maybe this time the game hads decided to give my some sweet after the shit that was the anni sugo*

farms another 15 copies and gets 0, so now it's -1 skillup the average

*what i was even expecting?*

Came here to post this. Just went 0 for 10. Argh.

My final guaranteed team was: TSL x 2 with Leo, Sabo, Franky and Capone. Only way I die is if I just get a miss during a chain, which happens as I lose focus.

I really need to start doing the forests and getting better ships!

MANUELF

Banned
New sugo in Japan so I pulled twice, got the Usopp Pirates and Caribou, he is a 2x QCK and INT booster :O

Caribou can be very useful since he is Driven and I already have 3 Driven legends that are INT(Fujitora) or QCK(Doflamingo and Cavendish) so he can be part of a burst team

EMT0

Banned
Man where's the new event? Guess we get a surprise tomorrow

Edit: wait is it this weird newcomers thing?

Anni Part 3, Anni Part 3!

please give us Ace. please give us Ace.

Bandai pls. I don't want to feel obligated to farm Colo Apoo, I want to save gems and run an ASL Free Spirit team. Although the truth is my gem saving isn't going so well at the moment since I have to hit every single turtle time super hard to level up my units. Today was a good day though, I evolved INTHawk, Fuji, and 3D2Y Robin and got the latter two to Lv. 50. Time to finally test run a double Fuji team on a blind Whitebeard forest run.

RedBoot

I think I'm done with Iva/Ina, since the skill up ends tomorrow. Trebol, Giolla, Zoro, and Taralan all maxed, but I only got Pink to level 3 as his books essentially disappeared after the sugofest (aka when I actually got him).

RR Iva's sockets are maxed. Raid Iva is one Despair socket away from max. His last 12 sockets have been either Poison or Map Resist (I counted).

ExVicis

Well it was a ridiculously uphill fight with RNG but I got Trebol to one off max on his special and SW Zoro is all maxed out. I can probably YOLO feed Trebol and get at least one before his books go away right (famous last words).

Well anyways, bring on the next event Bandai! I'm ready this time!

RalchAC

The newcomers event has at the bottom of the page something like:

"A Rainbow Gem will be sent from February 28th to March Xth".

So it could the ongoing event until next week.

bjork

I was playing a bit before bed, and I think it's time to go back into "log in for the gem and that's it" mode for awhile. Just zero desire to run any of this stuff. I know I won't quit because I'm in so deep, but I think I don't mind falling behind a bit more.

The newcomers event has at the bottom of the page something like:

"A Rainbow Gem will be sent from February 28th to March Xth".

So it could the ongoing event until next week.

Because the event with the three easiest raids at half stamina with the boat that immediately maxes all your specials wasn't a good enough of an event for newcomers.

RIP 2nd Anni Ace. I guess killing him once wasn't good enough for you Bandai, was it?

RalchAC

Because the event with the three easiest raids at half stamina with the boat that immediately maxes all your specials wasn't a good enough of an event for newcomers.

RIP 2nd Anni Ace. I guess killing him once wasn't good enough for you Bandai, was it?

I just find it amusing that an event that should be a big thank you to their userbase for keeping the game alive for 2 years was turned into the 3rd newcomer event we've got in 6 months.

The super long piece of text that they have in the newcomer event is kind of amusing too. As if the average person who has just begun and wants to mess a little with the game would actually read it.

RalchAC

Why do sometimes my characters can't use their skill with the message "Unable to unleash ability" or something like that?

It can be 2 different things:

A) There is an enemy skill that "silences" characters for X turns. The special bar is turned to gray and you can't use them for a while.

B) How buffs and debuffs work in the game.

There are some buffs that enemies may have the makes them inmune to them (an orange hexagon). Furthermore, buffs / debuffs don't stack and you keep the first that was activated. So if, for example, an enemy casts on you a 99 turns weak orb boost, you won't be able to use Coby's or Kaku's orb boost skill. Or, if you use Fujitora skill (that casts a meteoryte at the end of the turn for 5 turns) you won't be able to get Diamante's end of turn damage.

Many specials have different effects nowadays. So if you get the red text with "some effect may not apply", you may be able to use the skill anyway.

Why do sometimes my characters can't use their skill with the message "Unable to unleash ability" or something like that?

This happens if:

1. an enemy debuff specifically blocks your ability:

e.g. can't use turn delayer v.s. a turn delay immunity

2. you're trying to use the same ability twice:

e.g. you're orb boosted already and try to use another orb booster.

exception is:

if an ability has two components, e.g. turn delay + damage
and one of the components would work, you can still use it.

(e.g. doffy can still be activated when already orb boosted, cause he's also a slot switcher)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Remember the days when we could still activate Golden Pound and co. when the enemies where immune. The game was something else without all those QoL updates.

Farming Raids without being able to skip the Special animation. Damn.

RalchAC

Remember the days when we could still activate Golden Pound and co. when the enemies where immune. The game was something else without all those QoL updates.

Farming Raids without being able to skip the Special animation. Damn.

You still can't skip animations if you are doing a level you haven't cleared yet.

Garp Zombie team nightmare will never die.

I never used a zombie team lol, I'd rather spend gems

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I don't think I ever used one either. But we still all farmed Laboon when we got the Story Island lol.

Still pissed at wasting so many attempts to get frigging Captain Kuro.

Jusy realized that there was a time when we used fodder units to level our units. Haha... Pre pigs and turtles... We all rerolled for Ace/Shanks only to realize that they need like 1m exp before they can be evolved lol.

Arlong as a Sub and Captain(pre-hawk) as well as Zeff as a Captain were so good in the early days. It's weird... I kinda miss those days when pretty much ever FN had a very useful boss unit and wasn't just there for skill books/sockets. Still like the game and how it evolved... But those first couple months were quite awesome with the whole community prepping for Mihawk Hah.

RalchAC

I don't think I ever used one either. But we still all farmed Laboon when we got the Story Island lol.

Still pissed at wasting so many attempts to get frigging Captain Kuro.

Jusy realized that there was a time when we used fodder units to level our units. Haha... Pre pigs and turtles... We all rerolled for Ace/Shanks only to realize that they need like 1m exp before they can be evolved lol.

Arlong as a Sub and Captain(pre-hawk) as well as Zeff as a Captain were so good in the early days. It's weird... I kinda miss those days when pretty much ever FN had a very useful boss unit and wasn't just there for skill books/sockets. Still like the game and how it evolved... But those first couple months were quite awesome with the whole community prepping for Mihawk Hah.

The first day Mihawk came I was in a 10 hour bus trip to a summer camp. While the kids were still sleeping (at 6AM or so) I started farming Mihawk with a Gear 2nd + Gear 3rd team for 2-3 hours. I stopped when they started to wake up which was at... 8-9AM? It wasn't that educational seeing me playing with my phone, considering we didn't allow them to do so.

I think I farmed around 30 copies that day.

bjork

I took an early lunch to tackle the very first turtle time when it came through, because it was midnight my time and I started at 10 pm. I went and sat on a box of wine and was happy to get like six runs in or something, heh.

MiTYH

Oh god, the horrors of zombie teams. Vivi (base) was one of my first pulls when the game launched. I evolved her to max and used that healing ability for EVERYTHING. MC and Garp, those nightmare raids.... they never ended. I think it was around Wapol when I figured I should try a different leader, like Mihawk. What a mindshocker that was...

Managed to max out FN Ivankov, Inazuma, and RR Trebol yesterday. Just never got enough Senior Pink/Zoro books, sadly. Think I'll spend today doing x2 stamina on the Sky island FN then maybe tackle some Corazon-friendly forests. Quiet day before the new FN and Vista Coliseum!

Oh god, the horrors of zombie teams. Vivi (base) was one of my first pulls when the game launched. I evolved her to max and used that healing ability for EVERYTHING. MC and Garp, those nightmare raids.... they never ended. I think it was around Wapol when I figured I should try a different leader, like Mihawk. What a mindshocker that was...

Hahaha, vivi accounts ftw.

I cleared story mode all the way up to smoker until I finally understood why vivi teams weren't top-tier.

Hana-Bi

Those sailor abilities are kinda great sometimes. Pulled Burgess and TS Sanji this sugo and their abilities are great for a Jimbe team with his ship. And TS Sanji ability is awesome. +50 to all crew member stats? Yeah, I'll take it. :)

Will probably run a tanky Jimbe team with legend Marco, legend Lucci, Burgess and TS Sanji. Not the greatest burst damage you can get but three turns with matching orbs, almost full heal and 70% damage reduction should be a fun team for stage 4 and 5 for colo runs.

Playing with Vivi as the captain is such a pain but I was able to grind past Mihawk, Chopper, and Duvall with her. Never could manage Garp. That must have taken forever.

bjork

Who should I socket first, Rayleigh or Marco?

Unless you've got a ton of QCK/PSY subs to put in a Marco team, I'd go Rayleigh just for the versatility. Though, you could use Marco as a sub in a Rayleigh team, so having him socketed would also be useful. I guess whoever you plan to use more often?

RalchAC

Unless you've got a ton of QCK/PSY subs to put in a Marco team, I'd go Rayleigh just for the versatility. Though, you could use Marco as a sub in a Rayleigh team, so having him socketed would also be useful. I guess whoever you plan to use more often?

Marco is really useful, especially for forests, if you have Jinbei and/or Lucci, or even other tanky Legends like Fujitora or SW Ace, due to being both an orb booster and a healer.

bjork

Marco is really useful, especially for forests, if you have Jinbei and/or Lucci, or even other tanky Legends like Fujitora or SW Ace, due to being both an orb booster and a healer.

I don't doubt it. (I just haven't used my Marco so I've never witnessed this myself, shhh)

commish

Who should I socket first, Rayleigh or Marco?

As someone who has used Ray for EVERYTHING so far, I would vote Ray. Ray teams can clear just about everything with the right subs. Obviously Marco is great, but you'll probably use him less (e.g., you'll probably use a raid Doffy as an orb booster). As was said, Marco is great for forests but you only beat forests once while there are many raids/FN to farm.

EMT0

Banned
Legend Shirahoshi is crazy.

No kidding. Imgur is down or I'd be posting pictures, but she's an amaziiiiiing captain to pair with just about any rainbow captain, and especially ones that like to take hits since full Autoheal sockets plus 100 RCV cotton candy gives you 4,300 HP healed per turn:

Blackbeard + Shirahoshi:

24.5k HP, 4,400 RCV per turn. You heal slightly more than 1/6th of your HP every single turn. As Blackbeard. And by swapping between General Franky and RR Tsuru, you can burst all colors except DEX and PSY for ~3m damage plus a 30% HP cut. But if there's any kind of barrier on who you're facing(you ARE using Blackbeard after all), bring the new Shyarly who will boost for 1.75x on all colors instead of General Franky's 1.5x. And that scenario makes PSY become fair game for a 3m+ burst.

Kuzan + Shirahoshi*:
*Replace Ganfor with the new Fukaboshi once he's up on the database to see the actual burst, and swap Sanji with your favorite 1.75x Powerhouse or Striker Orb booster. All damage should be 1.75x what it is without the Ganfor special.

You know how Kuzan sometimes needs to take some serious hits to the face in order to ensure that your specials are charged for the boss? Fear no more fam, you never have to sweat that again and can go into the boss with the highest possible captain multiplier you can get. Oh, and you can burst any color except QCK for 4m depending on the color of your orb booster. There's that too.

-----------------------------------------------------

You can do this for any Rainbow captain except Whitebeard(Borsalino says 'eh' since he already does orb matching, but with his captain ability boosting Hirahoshi's RCV even higher, 5300 heal per turn? Shiiiiiet). Rayleigh? Yup. Log Luffy? Yep. Sengoku? Yep, because Hirahoshi isn't even getting a real attack boost from herself as-is. Same reasoning applies for pairing her with Cavendish. What about Corazon, you say? Corazon? Corazon, are you there? Corazon?!

....He's dead :(

Like actually. Corazon is worse than her in every way unless you're hitting 5+ Goods per turn while Hirahoshi gets her heal off while doing nothing and gives a higher captain boost to your heavy hitters too. He's got to be getting a 6+...right? Worse captain ability, worse healing special. My man needs a shot in the arm

MANUELF

Banned
Im awaiting for Caribou to be added on the damage calculator, Im interested in seeing my burst potential with a team of 2x Fujitora, Legend Doflamingo, Cavendish, Caribou and I have yet to think of the last member, any good Blue/Purple driven unit?

EMT0

Banned
Im awaiting for Caribou to be added on the damage calculator, Im interested in seeing my burst potential with a team of 2x Fujitora, Legend Doflamingo, Cavendish, Caribou and I have yet to think of the last member, any good Blue/Purple driven unit?

Enel, Gladius, Trebol, Whitey Bay?

------------------------------------

So I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say that we're going to be getting a Fishman Island Part 3/Sun Pirates RR batch in the future because of the lack of Fisher Tiger in this batch. My bets are

Fisher Tiger (Legend)
Aladdin
Wadatsumi
Otohime
Ryuboshi
Manboshi

Top Bottom