• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ughhhh. Third attempt at Colo Franky with a Croc team, third whiff because I can't hit Kuma's Perfect to save my life and end with a miss. I'm so glad to have Kuma at a usable CD but....I fucking hate using Kuma to hit Perfects >.>

Colo Franky is too hard for me to farm consistently. I'm not even sure what team I could use to do it.

My TS Luffy is at 4 bind, 4 despair, 4 orbs, 1 CD, 2 Damage reduction

Still not sure on if i'm going to go with bind/ despir / damage reduction /. auto heal and either orbs or CD.

My raid boa has CD reduction, as does my SW Franky, as does my aokiji. It might make more sense for me to go with bind / despair / orbs / damage reduction / auto-heal for now.

People on Reddit were saying that Bind/despair/AH/DR and CD, thinking that you'll get orbs from someone else and you only need so much. I'm going with Bind/Despair/Orbs/AH and CD, mainly because that's what RNG has given me.

OH YES! Fed 3 Trebol skill books and got my last 2 skill ups. Guess I can farm a few Akainus if I'm able to find legend Doffy friends. Otherwise I need to use another team. Won't gem or anything, just natural stamina.

I can put my Legend Doffy up if you need another (not sure if we are friends). He's only level 84 though, and only 5 CD/4 bind/2 despair/1 AH.

I want to use a Fuji/Doffy team so I have at least Fuji's boost. If I would've Doffy I could just run a 2x Fuji team.
But I'm not sure if this team will work. I need to stall for 22 turns.

Do you have a Van Auger/Ogre? I know you have a SW Ace because you ruined him by putting damage reduction over orbs on him but with a friend Kuzan, this team seems pretty safe.

I'm on the fence about farming Akainu. I hate feeding unevolved raid bosses copies for skill ups because I'd be missing out on that extra socket but the only way I could probably evolve Akainu would be if I fully committed to farming the raid right now. But there's a couple problems with this. Farming right now would mean I would be dependent on the number of Kuzan friends I have which I have no way of knowing although I expect it not to be that great a number. I could run a Doffy team but it's not completely safe without Doffy skill ups or his boat whereas if I just wait I could probably have one of the quickest farming teams possible for this raid when all that stuff is available.

While raid Akainu's special is great, it doesn't really do much for global right now since most of the STR teams completely obliterate DEX content as it is. You could make a case for raid Sabo but if you're able to farm Akainu reliably, Sabo probably isn't going to give you too much trouble.

EMT0

Banned
Colo Franky is too hard for me to farm consistently. I'm not even sure what team I could use to do it.

I'm running the Croc almost-dream team(swap Legend Doffy with Raid Doffy) and I find it to be an utter pain in the ass. Whiffed a fourth time, gemmed to refill my stamina because I really want those 5 socket books, whiffed again but this time I got him so close to dead (literally no bar) that I managed to hit hard enough with zero orb or class boosts to KO him with a Perfect from Kuma at the end of my chain despite his defense boost.

At least my Corazon is almost done, 2 more Bind and 3 RCV Up to go. Although actually...hmm. I have one spare Bind tome, I can get another from the Ray shop, and nobody actually cares about RCV Up so bam, done. On to Fujitora.

MANUELF

Banned
After 5 gems, 2 level ups and a long time I have yet to see a Fujitora books, I find that funny since I got some before I even got the guy and now his books dissapeared.....
Ah well maxed 5+ Luffy, fortnight Leo and I almost max Story Kumadori and The blue dwarve

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Double TS Luffy
Raid Ivankov / Legend Doffy

SW Franky / Raid Boa

Think this team will work against Akainu?

Tidd

Do you have a Van Auger/Ogre? I know you have a SW Ace because you ruined him by putting damage reduction over orbs on him but with a friend Kuzan, this team seems pretty safe.

HAHAHA, no I didn't ruin him. I have max AH, DR, Bind, Despair, CD and lv. 2 orbs. (with a friend Ace) That's perfect because if I use my SW Ace team I don't need orb luck.
But no unfortunately I don't have Shrek. I will see what is up. Worst case is that I need to run Enel/Cavendish.

Double TS Luffy
Raid Ivankov / Legend Doffy

SW Franky / Raid Boa

Think this team will work against Akainu?

Yes it should work. You can also use Capone instead of Ivankov

They're really dragging their heels announcing the new event. Unless the new event is the "EVENT FOR NEWCOMERS!" in which case.... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhh.

EMT0

Banned
They're really dragging their heels announcing the new event. Unless the new event is the "EVENT FOR NEWCOMERS!" in which case.... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhh.

I'd be surprised if it was because it looks nothing like other events and instead looks like a notice for new players. That or it was written by a really indifferent intern *shrug*

Tidd

Perfect stalling strategy!
HhNUHMj.jpg

commish

Okay was able to do it pretty easily with TS Luffy/TSL with Leo, SW Franky, Sabo and Bege. Stall as much as you can on stage 1, take no damage until boss, then burst him down on first turn. Leo takes his customary 20% and locks orbs, so when he resurrects, the team still does 4m if you had hit your perfects in the previous turn (sabo bonus) and just under 3m if you didn't.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Second Akainu attempt:

I fucked up on stage 3.

Third Akainu attempt:

I fucked up and killed akainu with one of my timeskip luffy captains. Couldn't kill him after he revived since my damage was crippled.

Fourth Akainu attempt:

I used SW Franky. I killed Akainu with Legend Doffy. I completely forgot that he clears all buffs after revival. Franky's orb boost cleared. Doffy blown away. oops. '-'

You know, I think I'm okay with just one copy for now.

Tidd

I can put my Legend Doffy up if you need another (not sure if we are friends). He's only level 84 though, and only 5 CD/4 bind/2 despair/1 AH.

Looks like I will accept the offer. I will need him just once to see if I can beat him with that team. The other teams are fucking stupid. I don't know if we are friends. But just in case you can add me. Quote to see the ID.

You know, I think I'm okay with just one copy for now.

Exactly my thoughts after doing 2 unsuccessful runs.

commish

Looks like I will accept the offer. I will need him just once to see if I can beat him with that team. The other teams are fucking stupid. I don't know if we are friends. But just in case you can add me. Quote to see the ID.

Exactly my thoughts after doing 2 unsuccessful runs.

Okay, added you

I was able to figure out an IntHawk team at the last moment that easily ran though the Franky stage. I only beat him once, but I'll use the team to farm w/ 2x STA next time he shows up.

Use Brook against Brook to get full orbs then do a Doffy + 3D2Y Zoro buffed burst. 2x IntHawk specials will repeat the burst on Franky and OHKO him.

I also used an IntHawk team to take down Broggy, with a similar tactic.
After farming at least an orb for Law (any strong Psy Slasher should do) and Doffy on Stage 3, burst down Robin in Stage 4. On Stage 5, Use both IntHawks + Aisa T1 vs Broggy then whittle him down with normal attacks before his 4 CD ends.

I now have IntHawk, Rayleigh, Log Luffy and Law for Legends and thus far IntHawk (my first one) has put in the most work. He's so damn useful!

Tidd

edit: I'm out of stamina Tidd so I'll put up my Doffy too

Thanks! :3
Although stage 3 screwed me over. Didn't get any orbs and screwed up my sunny stalling. It's hard to get the sunny ready for stage 3. How much health have these guys? Anyways I'm done with him for today. I don't even care about one copy. I mean what should I do with only one copy? I have enough STR beat sticks and I don't want to waste any more stamina. Guess I will farm a few Luffy sockets for the next days.

Good luck to anyone who will farm him today!

commish

Thanks! :3
Although stage 3 screwed me over. Didn't get any orbs and screwed up my sunny stalling. It's hard to get the sunny ready for stage 3. How much health have these guys? Anyways I'm done with him for today. I don't even care about one copy. I mean what should I do with only one copy? I have enough STR beat sticks and I don't want to waste any more stamina. Guess I will farm a few Luffy sockets for the next days.

Good luck to anyone who will farm him today!

Yeah without Sunny up by stage 3 I can't do it. If I had AH 5 it would be a no brainer to stall on stage 1. As it is, it's not hard but every once in a while CDs will screw me or I will misclick.

Kyou

felt like rolling the dice and had plenty of points so I bought a couple Almighty Manuals

now I have a max Inthawk! I dont have to wait five to six months for his books to come back around

Disclaimer: Nobody else do this

bonkeng

How important is Riad Akainu? Do we need him for something important in the future? I haven't tried him yet but if he's not too important, might as well skip.

And btw, just got my fist ever 5 gems snail lol.

Hana-Bi

I ran a Cavendish / Enel team. The first stages are quite easy and smooth even if you mess up. Just stall enough on stage 1 and use Halloween Zoro on stage 3.

Sadly I messed up twice my final burst up with Cavendish (both times I missed with Cavendish...). Won't farm him today so at least I got my copy for now. :)

SW Ace/Kuzan is surprisingly easy and effective for Akainu. I beat it my first try with no problems. I'm still not farming it though. I got my 1 copy and I'm content with that for the moment. Today seems like a good day to farm for story Rayleigh.

Shackzam

SW Ace/Kuzan is surprisingly easy and effective for Akainu. I beat it my first try with no problems. I'm still not farming it though. I got my 1 copy and I'm content with that for the moment. Today seems like a good day to farm for story Rayleigh.

Could you share on what the subs were for that team?

RalchAC

I'm not going to try Akainu yet.

As far as Almighty Books go, I have 6 and I'm planning to save them until we get the permanent skill up. I think I'll feed them to Zoro too, since most of the Legends I pulled either had skill books already, or will get them in the next few months. However, 3D2Y Zoro books are stuck in film content limbo until who knows when.

Could you share on what the subs were for that team?

Kuzan friend, SW Ace captain, Van Auger, Zephyr, Raid Kizaru, and Heracles'n. You can also sub in Doffy if you don't have Van Auger and it still works. The extra health lets you tank on the first turn for a good while since you lose some of it when they swap your captains anyway. Put Auger/Zephyr (2.5x shooter CA) or raid Kizaru (2.25x shooter CA) in the middle row for when captain swapping stage. Pop all your specials on the last stage and just make sure you finish with raid Kizaru or Van Auger for the final hit of your burst turn (NOT KUZAN) and you should be golden and just kill him when he revives.

bobohoro

Theorycrafting is fun. Looked up potential FCs for LegLucci and his potential with Blackbeard is kinda good:

Y7OHfEG.png

Two health cutters, ignoring barriers, poison, a delay and lots of sockets. Sub slots are also rather flexible despite the limitations of Blackbeard. Only Shooter/Powerhouse is rather tough. Besides Magellan there is Zephyr for a INT beatstick (which can at least boost himself, but the 2 turns duration works a bit against him there for coli) and...not much else, since RR Kuma, Oars and FN Curiel are kinda useless with their orb manipulation in a rainbow team.

Legend Hody could fill that spot in the future, but that batch is overall ridiculous for Powerhouse units and I'll think up new teams when that hits us. Maybe we'll get a 6+ Lucci announcement by then as well.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Skipping Akainu for now... Seems to trouble some for me.

Geberal question for the double Fujitora players hin Global. Do you guys usually can and have enough time to stall for his special on Raids/Colo? His active skill is crazy but stalling so many turns.. Makes you wonder if it's just better to go all out once Casear is ready.

bjork

I was thinking about 6*+ units. If you have an unevolved dupe legend but the 6*+ is clearly better, wouldn't it be best to just make the 6+ with your existing 6* and and sell the dupe for points? Looking specifically at WB and Sabo, I don't know what the benefit would be in keeping a the dupe. I could maybe see both Boas if you had some super awesome 6* Boa team, but is there even such a thing nowadays?

Geberal question for the double Fujitora players hin Global. Do you guys usually can and have enough time to stall for his special on Raids/Colo? His active skill is crazy but stalling so many turns.. Makes you wonder if it's just better to go all out once Casear is ready.

I've only dabbled so far, so it's hard to say. I like him as a sub in other teams quite a bit, though.

MiTYH

Yeah, not bothering with Akainu yet. If I had Enel maxed I might, but that's the one raidboss that seems to alude me the most in skillup time. Really want a 1/2 stamina for him...

Running the FN to get Inazuma's special down as much as possible. With 3 turns to change orbs and heal a little health, I have to feel like that has a place on a Sengoku team.

EDIT: And done, that was easy. Sockets stink but a 3-turn cooldown is fun. Now to see how I can do with Ivankov. Only 2 skillups away from maxing that, even though I doubt I'll ever use her and should probably be focusing on socketing the new INTkov. But at least there's an easy raid for that

commish

Akainu is easy. :p
GPU trivializes stage 3.

I wish I could fit GPU in. Can't. Maybe a monet... will have to see. Have it pretty down pat now tho. Leave stage one at turn 7 remaining for Sunny. Take hits in stage 2 until Sunny is at 2. Use Sunny next round. Outside of 1 lobster hit and 1 turtle hit, you don't have to take any other hits in round 1 to get Sunny up by 3.

felt like rolling the dice and had plenty of points so I bought a couple Almighty Manuals

now I have a max Inthawk! I dont have to wait five to six months for his books to come back around

Disclaimer: Nobody else do this

Bought 5 manuals. Got 3/5 on TS Luffy. No regrets!

RalchAC

Seeing the Urogue guide I wonder if 5+ Luffy + Cavendish friend captain could clear Akainu.

Something like:

Cavendish / 5+ Luffy
Doflamingo / Mihawk
DEX Hawkins / Enel

You'd get a lower boost during the fist 4 hits but if you hit your perfects a better boost for the last 2 units.

And you'd have a delay for stage 3 plus some damage.

I won't use it, but thought it could be interesting if somebody was willing to take the risk and test it.

Tidd

Skipping Akainu for now... Seems to trouble some for me.

Yes you can. At least with max auto heal.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Got my one copy and moving on. I still need Trebol books, and this raid is a pain in the ass until I get the Red Force. I dont actually need Akainu for anything right now, I just wanted to punch him off the screen.

ExVicis

It took like 20 books but I finally got Trebol's special down to 17 from 18! Woo!

Meanwhile Zoro is at 16 turns himself. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel with Kamabakka. Maybe I can be done with the special farming in time to fail and die on Akainu.

EMT0

Banned
I haven't even used Kuzan yet but I'll concede that I was a
huge
idiot to poopoo his Captain Ability necessitating that he constantly kill something every turn. In part because I
finally
realized that a revived unit still counts as a dead unit for the turn making him viable for raids like Hancock and Akainu. I know, I'm slow on the uptake.

Between Don Sai/Ideo, Colo Apoo, and Fukaboshi, Kuzan can actually run hybrid teams for every class except Cerebral, Driven, and (sort of) Slasher who Baby 5 (sort of) covers. Or you use Sengoku/Shogun Franky, that works too.

Free Spirit:

Powerhouse*:
*Replace Kanjuro with Fukaboshi and multiply everything by 1.75x

Fighter/Striker:

Fighter/Shooter*:
*Farm an orb on Sanji in anticipation, Ace replaceable with any other Fighter orb locker if you farm an orb ahead of time

tl;dr Kuzan is new bae

commish

Rocketman has returned in Japan

everyone breath a sigh of relief that ships will rotate back in

Bamco does a pretty good job with giving people multiple chances at things. It's why I never feel pressured to do any particular task at any one point - it'll probably come back again, with very few exceptions.

mileS

Getting 100% less Luffy copies today. I know people always joke how the drop rate for things they want falls off a cliff for the last day of a fortnight... but come on.

MANUELF

Banned
Getting 100% less Luffy copies today. I know people always joke how the drop rate for things they want falls off a cliff for the last day of a fortnight... but come on.

Thats better than me maxing everyone from a fortnigh in the time it has taken me to get a single Issho book

bjork

What teams do you use him on...? Double Enel I guess

Well, I wasn't specifically trying to stall, so he was in a Rayleigh team. -_-

His initial CD is 23, so if you had level 2 CD sockets and potentially someone with a CD-related special, it might not be so bad? Outside of edge cases like this Akainu raid, anyway. Aside from that, I guess if you threw him in an Enel team or if you can do a Corazon friend captain? I've only recently started using Corazon, so I haven't seen his maximum potential yet.

Top Bottom