• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

Kyou

I can't seem to gather if G4 is fighter AND free spirit for both captain passive and special. Had to read people translating it on Reddit 3-4 times and still don't understand. Been a long day lol.

the CA seems to only mention Fighters while the special definitely mentions both Fighter and Free Spirit

Gear 4 is way more reasonable than I was anticipating

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I can't seem to gather if G4 is fighter AND free spirit for both captain passive and special. Had to read people translating it on Reddit 3-4 times and still don't understand. Been a long day lol.

Google translate makes it look like he's a Fighter captain, but his special works for both Free Spirit and Fighters.

mileS

Google translate makes it look like he's a Fighter captain, but his special works for both Free Spirit and Fighters.
I'm watching the Toadskii video on him now and it doesn't say fighter and free spirit for the special. Where as other people on Reddit and Google translate like you said, is saying both. I have a feeling it's not meant to be both. Having free spirit units get the dmg bonus from the special but not the 2.5x before that... seems backwards lol

I don't know about G4 yet. If I was given the choice to change tomorrow I think I would wait. It also creates a problem for friends list. A problem we have yet to have with the + legends. Mostly because they have been clear upgrades.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm watching the Toadskii video on him now and it doesn't say fighter and free spirit for the special. Where as other people on Reddit and Google translate like you said, is saying both. I have a feeling it's not meant to be both. Having free spirit units get the dmg bonus from the special but not the 2.5x before that... seems backwards lol

I don't know about G4 yet. If I was given the choice to change tomorrow I think I would wait. It also creates a problem for friends list. A problem we have yet to have with the + legends. Mostly because they have been clear upgrades.

It's so that he can be used as a sub on Free Spirit teams. Toadskii's video just uses a translation like everyone else's so we won't know for sure until he launches. But there are several translators saying the same thing, and they're saying his special affects both Free Spirit and Fighter.

mileS

It's so that he can be used as a sub on Free Spirit teams. Toadskii's video just uses a translation like everyone else's so we won't know for sure until he launches. But there are several translators saying the same thing, and they're saying his special affects both Free Spirit and Fighter.
Ah, I see.

Thankfully we won't see him on global for a while. Dont want to worry about my friends list.

Kyou

new "Beginners set" of gems soon, with a free pull that has Sengoku in the pool.

"Towel Nami
Ace
Shanks
Law
SW Luffy
SW Sanji
SW Brook
SW Zoro
SW Chopper
SW Robin
SW Usopp
SW Franky
Sengoku"

definitely trying for SW Robin/Usopp/Franky

mileS

Even without Sengoku in the pool that's a cool deal. I'm surprised they don't do deals like this at least once a month. Sold.

RedBoot

Eh, screw Sengoku, I already have him (not that I'd say no to some easy Ray points). Gimme that Franky, Luffy, or Brook! I have better odds this time, I had all but one of the units from the earlier beginner set, on this one there's five that I don't have.

As for G4, he's actually pretty reasonable. Basically he's a TS Luffy for Fighters instead of Free Spirits, give or take on a few other elements.

Legend Sanji is also interesting, though I want to see Captain Actions in...er, action, before I really make a call there. Otherwise he feels a lot like Cavendish in some ways. He also feels like he'd be an amazing sub, between his orb fixing special and sailor ability. Kind of like that he feels very designed for either role. His overall damage output might be a bit low (well, compared to current legends), but I'm sure people will find some tech for him.

Even without Sengoku in the pool that's a cool deal. I'm surprised they don't do deals like this at least once a month. Sold.

Absolutely. Minus the free pull, it's still a good rate for gems. Wouldn't mind a box space upgrade sometime soon, Bandai.

EMT0

Banned
Eh, screw Sengoku, I already have him (not that I'd say no to some easy Ray points). Gimme that Franky, Luffy, or Brook! I have better odds this time, I had all but one of the units from the earlier beginner set, on this one there's five that I don't have.

As for G4, he's actually pretty reasonable. Basically he's a TS Luffy for Fighters instead of Free Spirits, give or take on a few other elements.

Legend Sanji is also interesting, though I want to see Captain Actions in...er, action, before I really make a call there. Otherwise he feels a lot like Cavendish in some ways. He also feels like he'd be an amazing sub, between his orb fixing special and sailor ability. Kind of like that he feels very designed for either role. His overall damage output might be a bit low (well, compared to current legends), but I'm sure people will find some tech for him.

Absolutely. Minus the free pull, it's still a good rate for gems. Wouldn't mind a box space upgrade sometime soon, Bandai.

I was a bit confused by him at first but I think people were multiplying his total boost wrong.

Sanji:
2.5x from Captain Ability
2.5x from Friend Captain Sanji
2.5x attack from Captain Action(does not stack with 2x Sanji)
2x from Special(does not stack with 2x Sanji)
---------------------------------------
=31.25x damage on Captain

Cavendish:
4x from Captain Ability
2.5x from Friend Captain Cavendish
2.25x from Special
-----------------------------------------
=20.25x damage on Captain

So the important distinction here is that Cavendish has a built-in orb boost(1.5x) while Sanji does not which can be both a great thing, and a terrible thing depending on the content. The orb boost brings Cavendish's attack to 30.3725x for two turns. This gives them roughly equal multipliers, with some important caveats.

Cavendish's two turns are equivalent to 60.745x over the course of two turns. Sanji can roughly match this in one turn with the usage of a 2x Orb Booster like Ideo or Raid Doflamingo. So what Cabbage can do in two turns, Sanji can do in one if you commit to losing a Captain on the previous turn to use Skywalk, and bring along a second unit which isn't too bad; if you're on the Coliseum, you're probably stalling on a turtle or something. Cavendish on the other hand is just pick up and play, awesome right away. So what about that second Sanji/Cabbage? Well, to use your other Sanji for his maximum burst, you need another orb booster as well as be able to survive a turn to use Skywalk. So 2x Sanji needs at least three turns to carry out his full burst, which means you either need to face a boss that won't KO you on the first turn, or have a damage reducer/Barto to survive that first turn would-be KO. Cavendish on the other hand only needs the Cavendish friend captain to do his thing after having used the Captain Cavendish's special. The downside is that no matter what, you need four turns to match what Sanji can do in three, which can be really bad for you depending on the content you're trying to clear.

I suppose the answer is that Cabbage and Sanji fill very different niches, even as Captains, while providing roughly equivalent firepower. There are of course, tradeoffs. Sanji is a pure Rainbow captain, Cabbage is limited to three types. Sanji is safer, Cabbage has no HP boost. Cabbage is a far more effective killer as a sub than Sanji is, who is better as an orb manipulator than anything else and is largely just a better Vergo for those purposes. Both can play with other Rainbow Captains like Blackbeard, Log Luffy, Whitebeard, and Aokiji to great effect. I don't think one cannibalizes the other at all.

EDIT:

Sanji + Sani(2 turn burst):
RYhDqFA.png

Sanji + Gear 4th(1 turn burst):
HRym9Wb.png

Gear 4th + Gear 4th:
FRzx4ly.png

Fighters are officially good again

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Anyone giving the JP version a shot with the upcoming Sugo ? I wanna give it a try if there is a fast way to reroll.

Majukun

Anyone giving the JP version a shot with the upcoming Sugo ? I wanna give it a try if there is a fast way to reroll.

well i technicallyu already have a japan account..but i only use it to pull when i need to scratch the itch and not waste gem on global...

right nw i'm reaching 250 gems there,so i'll do 5 multipulls,sadly no guaranteed g4 though

news for next event
Also found through Download:

First week: FP Storysugo (thanks /u/VirtuallyDead

for adding fpsugo and specialup)
21.05 CYO purple TT (normal and Princessturtle) / Rayleigh 50k exp Mission
22.05 Rayleigh 50k exp Mission
23.05 CYO blue TT (normal and Princessturtle) / Rayleigh 50k exp Mission
24.05 Rayleigh 50k exp Mission / Specialupx2
25.05 Specialup x2

MiTYH

news for next event

FP pull with story mode units! Hype, even if it is only to CP9 (guessing)

Damn 40stamina CC island is tougher than I thought. Still beat it with double Sengoku but.. wasn't expecting it that difficult. Got 10 CCs for my trouble, will keep running it since it's just so glorious. New FN isn't bad either.

150 gems saved on JPN, so with that and the mail, 2 legends guarenteed. Fingers crossed for TS luffy or something amazing

bjork

Gonna nab that gem bundle, even though I have all those units. Also, hooray for fp sugo, hopefully I'm missing enough stuff now that I don't just get 99 baroque works people.

The idea of rerunning all the stuff like raid doflamingo makes me say no way. Not even with a fresh Akainu account.

Majukun

FP pull with story mode units! Hype, even if it is only to CP9 (guessing)

Damn 40stamina CC island is tougher than I thought. Still beat it with double Sengoku but.. wasn't expecting it that difficult. Got 10 CCs for my trouble, will keep running it since it's just so glorious. New FN isn't bad either.

150 gems saved on JPN, so with that and the mail, 2 legends guarenteed. Fingers crossed for TS luffy or something amazing

last one was already past that.,..either thriller bark or sabaody,don't remember.
so this one should be either sabaody or amazon lily

EMT0

Banned
Big news! My analysis is off. Sanji's captain ability stays active when he uses Skywalk. Le whoops. You only need two turns to burst like crazy with Sanji.

Majukun

looking at the characters from this fortnight,the decalvan and whitey bay seem really good..ironically squard,the boss of this fortnight,doesn't seem that good though

Hana-Bi

Lol, the legend book rng strikes again. 3 30 stam runs so far. Sabo dropped twice and got two dupes from Haruta...

Of course I don't have Sabo...

mileS

Lol, the legend book rng strikes again. 3 30 stam runs so far. Sabo dropped twice and got two dupes from Haruta...

Of course I don't have Sabo...
Same here lol. Going to save them like I do all legend books. If we get that free legend eventually I would probably pick Sabo. Mansherry books seem rare for me thus far. Hope that turns around soon.

Hana-Bi

Messed some Haruta runs up. Didn't get the damage to burst Squard down, though I thought it should kill him... learned my lesson. Just attack normally turn 1 and then burst him...

EMT0

Banned
>Has Sabo
>Has Leo/Mansherry
>Has all three WB commanders from RR
------------------------------------------------------
>Zero meats, haven't done a single run yet due to double Le Crap being too good to ignore

Fuck man >>

MiTYH

>Has Sabo
>Has Leo/Mansherry
>Has all three WB commanders from RR
------------------------------------------------------
>Zero meats, haven't done a single run yet due to double Le Crap being too good to ignore

Fuck man >>

Don't worry, it's been raining Bellmere and StoryLaw books for me, you're not missing much. No Leo/Sabo yet, and only 1 Mansherry

Shackzam

It seems like the drop rates aren't too bad on sabo. With squard only dropping himself, sabo book, leo book, and a rare money bag.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Whew, just finished the last rookie chopper mission (well, aside from the mihawk raid one) on my new JPN account.

Got all the way to PL178 in like, 2.5 days. Insane.

... now to farm sabo books on global.

MANUELF

Banned
Whew, just finished the last rookie chopper mission (well, aside from the mihawk raid one) on my new JPN account.

Got all the way to PL178 in like, 2.5 days. Insane.

... now to farm sabo books on global.
Perfect time to start in Japan, did you already choose your legend?

EMT0

Banned
The new event is pretty solid. 5+ Sanji drops(no Chopper/Usopp?), a friend point sugofest at half cost plus Story Croc being double boosted, turtles out the butt for those free gems, plus both Strawhat Halloween events are going to be around for a week each! That's dope af and totally gonna get some gems sunk in, I'm gonna finish my Whitebeard's special, socket SW Franky/3D2Y Sanji/3D2Y Zoro/3D2Y Robin/5+ Luffy/Impact Usopp/TS Nami/Story Brook(5+ eventually). The only Strawhat that I don't know to prioritize is Chopper because all variants of him are pretty....eh. I'll probably socket SW Chopper or TS Chopper.

And Raid Aokiji coming around is also excellent, he'll be nice for people to beat that are also trying to farm Invasions Shanks. Story is good to see progress on, because goddamn do I want me that Story Hody. So, so bad.

Awww yeah, your days are numbered Shanks. I should be able to use this exact team to beat both Aokiji and Shanks. Bursts for 4 million damage against INT enemies, handles mobs in Shanks raid easily, and the only orb I have to worry about is the orb on my Sengoku captain which is rerollable from Shanks haki and is also fairly probable with lvl 2 orbs and the Red Force. I was hoping to eventually replace the cd sockets on my raid Aokiji with AH.

cw_sasuke

well i technicallyu already have a japan account..but i only use it to pull when i need to scratch the itch and not waste gem on global...

right nw i'm reaching 250 gems there,so i'll do 5 multipulls,sadly no guaranteed g4 though

Nice,

thats alot of orbs saved up for a side account. I will just see how long a reroll takes...try a couple of times - if i get one of the big 3 Legends i will give it a go....otherwise ill attempt again at the 4th JPN Anni lol.

The idea of rerunning all the stuff like raid doflamingo makes me say no way. Not even with a fresh Akainu account.

Ha - no way i would run all the Raids again on JPN - this would be more of a fun casual side thing - assuming i can pull a good Legend at launch. Hell i just recently max skill my first Raid Doffy on many Day 1 Global acc lol.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Perfect time to start in Japan, did you already choose your legend?
Yeah, I probably shouldh ave waited for the sugofest, but oh well.

I chose Whitebeard since I don't have any of the low health damage boosting legends or health cutter legends on global, and he works with all units. Seems like a nice change of playstyle to use casually on the side.

RedBoot

My Killer farming team works, kind of...you really need to watch Kid's HP and sort of finesse when you burst him...somewhere between 20-30% is best. I'm actually counting the damage to make sure. Bleh, what a pain of a midboss...Killer is nothing in comparison.

Love the new event, though I'd like to know how far the FP Sugo goes. I think we were only up to Water 7 in the last one? It'd kind of suck if this one only goes through Enies Lobby...I'd like it to go through Saobody so I have a shot at Story Sentomaru 1...

ExVicis

My Killer farming team works, kind of...you really need to watch Kid's HP and sort of finesse when you burst him...somewhere between 20-30% is best. I'm actually counting the damage to make sure. Bleh, what a pain of a midboss...Killer is nothing in comparison.
Mind reposting that team again? The team I have for Killer isn't doing it for me. It's not consistently able to clear enough.

mileS

Yeah my Sengoku team can't handle 40stam Le Crap lol. Switched to Luffy for that shit. Not super concerned with being as time efficient as possible. I feel like you get so much CC from doing 20 and 40 stam back to back that I always feel satisfied in the end. Had a good haul today.

TS Luffy @ 200 now! What a beast
Ivankov @ 91 rcv
Blackbeard @ 81

Before I know it at this rate I'll have Blackbeard @ 200. Might have to work on atk for Sabo after that.

cw_sasuke

I dont know why...but i never cared for +CC farming in OPTC. Mybe some day....used the day to farm Whitebeard 3 as long as 2x skill up is there. Got one of my favorite units - Leo - only 1 skillup from max away. He is so good...dont know why he is so underrated.

RedBoot

Mind reposting that team again? The team I have for Killer isn't doing it for me. It's not consistently able to clear enough.

It's not particularly F2P, but: Double SW Ace, Heracles, Zephyr, Colo Wyper, and Legend Marco. Basically, it's the "recommended" SW Ace team but I'm using Wyper over SW Franky since I don't have the latter and they're roughly equivalent with this setup.

You get Kid as close to 20-30% as possible, then get 1-2 DEX orbs on Ace and use Wyper's skill to burst Kid. Then Killer just goes down to a general Hera-Ace-Marco-Zeph setup, and you use the second Ace after revive to nearly KO Killer (and just attack from there).

It's actually more reliable than it sounds (since there's some orb luck in there), but the problem is that I can't quite pin down when Kid goes into 10k damage per turn mode. Reddit says it's at 20%, but he absolutely does it while he's not in his critical pose. On my last run, I had him calculated at 1.5 million damage taken when he started, but if he does it at 20% he shouldn't start until 1.8 million. Really wondering if the trigger is more complex than that.

mileS

I dont know why...but i never cared for +CC farming in OPTC. Mybe some day....used the day to farm Whitebeard 3 as long as 2x skill up is there. Got one of my favorite units - Leo - only 1 skillup from max away. He is so good...dont know why he is so underrated.
I ranted about how good Leo is months ago. I don't even have him. From the stats to the special he is a beast. I will save whatever books I get during this Fortnight. One day... maybe (plz)

As far as CC farming, I feel like it's really worth the time investment. Especially now.

Majukun

even japan got his 7/11..on 5/11..although 7/11 was basically for everyone and lasted 12 hours while this one was mostly for the whales that rushed to get gems and got shut down pretty fast...but i heard on reddit of people who bought 1500 gems...talk about a recharge

Y'know, I might have to get the new beginner's set when it pops up just to have payment info tied to my account.

Just ... y'know.

In case I ever need to buy a lot of gems in a rush. >_>

Top Bottom