• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Unlimited World Red |OT| Oda’s Fan Service DLCs Pending

chrono01

I own the PS3, 3DS, and Vita versions. Time to decide which I'll play.

I purchased the PS3 version since it would be nice to play on a large screen, in HD, with 5.1 surround sound.

I purchased the 3DS version since it was the lead platform and I've heard some very good things about it. I also wanted a portable version.

I purchased the Vita version since I have a feeling that the physical copy will become rare later on.

I've, more-or-less, decided on opening the PS3 version and enjoying that one now, as well as downloading the Day One Edition content, which I've heard is cross-play for the Vita [in-case the voucher stops working in the next year or so, when I decide to open/play the Vita version], and enjoy the 3DS one later when I plan on traveling. I'll probably open/register the 3DS one too, since I've heard that certain voucher/DLC coupons expire and I don't want to miss out on the free Day One content [although it will still likely be good for a year or two].

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sooo I have the Day 1 Vita version, but no Vita to play on. I plan on getting the PS3 version down the road.
Could I register the Day 1 code into my PS3 and the costumes will work there?

chrono01

Sooo I have the Day 1 Vita version, but no Vita to play on. I plan on getting the PS3 version down the road.
Could I register the Day 1 code into my PS3 and the costumes will work there?
It should. Supposedly the DLC for PS3 and Vita are cross-buy.

CamHostage

There's a co-op trophy for the Vita version. I don't know anyone with this game or another Vita!

We should come back to this thread around the time of PAX, maybe there are other multiplayer local games with trophies (although I guess that's only Vita, and sad to say but how many Vita games have multiplayer?) There aren't a lot of nationwide get-together events, that might be the best chance (for those who go... I don't, bummer for me) unless Sony opens Ad-Hoc Party to Vita.

Honestly I don't think anyone knows which version is superior. You can tell which game has the best graphics by just looking at screenshots or videos, but other than that, who knows. I played the PS3 version and it runs great. 3DS version has a map on the second screen which is always great.

For me, I would say the easy choice is 3DS. I haven't seen the game on Vita, but if it's anything like the PS3 or Wii U version, there is no map radar to use while you play (yep, the Wii U screen is nothing but a graphic, no map. I found the live map screen on 3DS's bottom screen to be invaluable once I had seen all the levels and was dedicated to exploring every nook and cranny to find bonus items. Pausing to see the map would have slowed me down immensely.

Visually, it's a tiny bit lesser since the screen is small and the graphics are squeezed a bit (also there isn't 3D,) but it's the exact same game with the same cel-shading and most of the same effects and the same amount of voicework, and it usually looks real nice on the portable.

From earlier in the thread:

3DS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU4cRyhLYKY#t=21
OPUWR-Demo-Now.jpg

Vita:
i23PT5UAbCbxV.jpg

Console:
a09PJUT.jpg

mileS

ugh the bug catching mini game is HARD when you don't know the Wii U button layout very well. I mostly play PC games but I feel like If i had a 360 controller or a PS controller I would nail these.

ugh the bug catching mini game is HARD when you don't know the Wii U button layout very well. I mostly play PC games but I feel like If i had a 360 controller or a PS controller I would nail these.

Haha friend's having the same problem, should be easily adjustable and it gets a lot easier if you improve the net.

GeekyDad

Keep in mind, you don't have to hit the buttons in the order they appear; you just have to hit them before they disappear off screen for them to count toward the damage (or whatever) of catching the bugs/critters.

You'll learn the bug-catching quickly and yeah, like Samurai said it does get way easier when you upgrade the net. There are also item words to make it even easier.

LAA

Makes me want to see if there's an online program that can turn the ad-hoc into online like with the PSP.

....wait, would Ad-hoc Party work?

Same. Just got the game today and found out about this evil trophy :(, kinda bummed me out with the game already really...

I did try ad-hoc party (With both the EU and JP version), and when I tried the "Search for PSP in ad hoc mode" option, wasn't finding my Vita (Which was on the "lobby" screen on one piece), so... don't know where to go now for this.

On the bright side, have to say it looks stunning on the Vita. Only nit picks I have are the environment could look a tad better and an even bigger nit pick, no facial animations, not even blinking, but can forgive that a little seeing how good they look.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finished the story mode and 2nd set of quests. Need to do Luffy, Zoro, & Robin's character-specific trophies, along with stuff like the money from the museum, 100 things crafted, & 100 foods eaten/made.

Does Difficult Story Mode act like NG+, or am I starting from Lv. 1 again? & what level is recommended for the Coliseum Mode?

I'm 99% certain you don't play as "your" characters in the Coliseum. Characters don't have levels and you don't get to pick your own words or potions or such.

Words are based on what you chosen for your characters in the story mode from what I've played though, you can change them in coliseum mode though, but yeah not sure if levels affect Coliseum, guessing not.

Wait what? Can you clarify this? I thought all the words were pre-selected.
Ah checked again sorry was wrong, swear the item words changed for Luffy after I unlocked some things in story mode =/

Oh and for the one asking, more difficult story mode apparently brings over everything but chapter progression, if even tells you if you want to keep it make sure you copy over your save.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Been digging the Coliseum Mode, mainly due to the fact there's a nice variety in the unlock conditions, allowing me to try out everyone. Not to mention unlocking more quests & (while I probably don't need them at this point) more items.

Edit: "Quests for Bugs and Fish" (adds 3 quests: Kings of Wildlife, Legendary Beetle, and Lord of the Seas) and Robin's Swimsuit Pack are now up on PSN.

New DLCs should be out now:
ROBIN SWIMSUIT PACK

· An extra costume for Robin, a swimsuit with a loose summer top
· Plus one extra quest called “Sky Island Flash”

QUESTS FOR BUGS AND FISH

· Kings of Wildlife: quest for a chance to catch a wide variety of insects
· Legendary Beetle: Straw-Hat & his crew look for a legendary bug, be their ally in this quest
· Lord of the Seas: Luffy & his friends look for the most majestic of all the seas’ beasts… Get your fishing rod going
http://imgur.com/a/NVk4I?desktop=1
Image gallery there^

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Good lord, does the game just REFUSE to give me coins for characters I need for the scratch cards during quests? It's like "Oh, sorry, team of 3 that'll finish up your scratch card? No can do. Team of 3 that you have 4 coins for each one of them? HAVE ONE FOR EACH CHARACTER FOR BEATING THE QUEST!".

Oh well, considering I unlocked the 4th/final set of quests, maybe it's time to do Difficult Story so I can level everyone one for the harder quests.

Tsunamo

Finished up all quests, hard mode, almost got everyone to level 40, got all strong words (95%) and done everything else. I've put about 57 hours into the game and most of that's been quest mode, i've enjoyed every moment of it.
Good lord, does the game just REFUSE to give me coins for characters I need for the scratch cards during quests? It's like "Oh, sorry, team of 3 that'll finish up your scratch card? No can do. Team of 3 that you have 4 coins for each one of them? HAVE ONE FOR EACH CHARACTER FOR BEATING THE QUEST!"
I believe it only gives out coins for characters who do the quest as a reward so that would explain why you're not getting it for ones that aren't doing it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is this game open-world or linear?
It's linear with a slight amount of exploration to find treasures, areas/items to which only certain characters can interact with, looking for bugs & fishes, etc. Once you beat a stage, you're free to explore it again for said items. There's quests as well, but it's pretty much replay the stage, beat this boss, defeat ## enemies, find ## things, or time trial, sometimes with set characters. It's not really open-world like, say, Monster Hunter.

It's linear with a slight amount of exploration to find treasures, areas/items to which only certain characters can interact with, looking for bugs & fishes, etc. Once you beat a stage, you're free to explore it again for said items. There's quests as well, but it's pretty much replay the stage, beat this boss, defeat ## enemies, find ## things, or time trial, sometimes with set characters. It's not really open-world like, say, Monster Hunter.
Dissapointing. Is it still a great game regardless?

Want to play it as a OP fan but £30 is too much.

GeekyDad

Dissapointing. Is it still a great game regardless?

Want to play it as a OP fan but £30 is too much.

If you're an OP fan, I would categorize it as "great," yes. I'm not really an OP fan per se. I imported JUMP Ultimate Stars years ago, and that game kinda made me a casual fan of a lot of manga series. I love this game, though. It's got the right balance of "stuff" for my tastes. My interest is waning a bit, though, since it is a bit repetitious. Again, though -- for what it is -- I think it's great. Very well-made package.

Squall516

hey guys i have a question. I was at gamestop and i wanted to buy it new, but all the had was a used 3DS version so i got that. Now is the day one edition dlc stuff codes to redeem? or is it on the 3ds cartridge itself? and if not anyone have any extra codes or know where i can get that dlc stuff for the 3ds? Thanks ^_^

Squall516

oh also what exactly is the day one dlc? just those 9 anniversary outfits and that one strong world one and the bonus mission? If thats it then i guess im not really missing to much bc personally those outfits are pretty bad and i prob wouldnt even wear them anyway lol. So its mostly just missing the ace mission? and gahh why does nami swimsuit dlc have to be $3.00! >_< thats nuts all want is to see her in a bikini lol

hey guys i have a question. I was at gamestop and i wanted to buy it new, but all the had was a used 3DS version so i got that. Now is the day one edition dlc stuff codes to redeem? or is it on the 3ds cartridge itself? and if not anyone have any extra codes or know where i can get that dlc stuff for the 3ds? Thanks ^_^

oh also what exactly is the day one dlc? just those 9 anniversary outfits and that one strong world one and the bonus mission? If thats it then i guess im not really missing to much bc personally those outfits are pretty bad and i prob wouldnt even wear them anyway lol. So its mostly just missing the ace mission? and gahh why does nami swimsuit dlc have to be $3.00! >_< thats nuts all want is to see her in a bikini lol

Yeah, it's a code and yeah, that's pretty much it. You're not missing out on much.

Crocodile is the man in this game.
I really need a OP fighting game.

He's like one of the weakest characters in the game. Very disappointing.

No one else playing this game on Vita besides me??

I've been having a pretty good time with it. I used to be a big One Piece fan and this is total fan services for fans of the source material. Even the story/plot of the game was better than I was expecting. I've never played a One Piece game before so I don't know how it stacks up against other iterations.

The GiantBomb quick look sold me on the game. And I bought this on Vita immediately after I saw the QL. I've and have already put in some 32 hours and played through the story mode twice. Normal mode and Hard mode. Hard mode is NG+ so you keep all your stuff from Normal mode. Not even close to maxing out all the character levels or doing all of the advanced side quests though.

It tries to copy a lot from Monster Hunter. Especially The quest design. But the combat is not technical or deep like MH. But I find it somehow relaxing to play a game like this just blowing through mobs. Coliseum mode is also surprisingly fun because you get to unlock so many more characters compared to the Story mode where you only play as the straw hat gang.

I think if I was a lot younger and had friends to play coop with it could be even more fun. Unfortunately the Vita game only supports local coop for some reason. And there is even a stinking trophy that requires coop play to unlock. So probably never gonna be able to platinum this. Not that this game would be an easy platinum even without that. There is some dumb trophies in here.

Quite a number of people has the Vita version, but yeah the game is good, too bad they didn't try to implement online play for the consoles.

New DLCs should be out:
Thanks to two new DLC packs available now on e-Shop and PlayStation®Network, all ONE PIECE fans will continue their journey:

On the left corner we have:

· ZORO CASUAL PACK
o One extra costume for Zoro
o Plus one extra quest called “Punk Hazard Reborn”

On the right corner we have:
· DARK JUSTICE PACK
o A new costume for Luffy ; ONE PIECE: Strong World Suit
o Men in Suits Quest: fight against plenty of highly trained Marines!
o Fight for Dark Justice Quest: finish the stage in the fastest way possible and take down Rob Lucci! This difficult quest will allow players to use powerful Words and well-trained Characters.

jtan

Just bought this on Vita, wish I could have gotten it new but this was the only physical One piece in the Boston Gamestop.

SO excited!

I hope that Bandai Namco Games release One Piece Pirate Warriors 1, 2 and this on PC, I really want to play them :)

This game looks awesome!

So sorry to bump old thread, I got this game (vita version) as a gift today from a friend. I have been having a hard time putting it down. This game is really good and took me by surprise.

I blindly bought this game earlier on Wii U, because it's been on my radar for a bit over a month now since I saw the giantbomb quick look. I would've asked for opinions on here before buying, but my account on here was finally verified today. I had not really had much exposure to One Piece before, in fact I never watched the anime before last night. Got through the first 10 episodes though, and I enjoyed it so far, but I realize that's nothing compared to the hundreds of episodes that exist.

I just remember thinking the GB quick look made this game look kinda cool, and fun. I'm one of those people who buys a lot of eshop games, but the $50 price took me a while to finally pull the trigger on this one.

I blindly bought this game earlier on Wii U, because it's been on my radar for a bit over a month now since I saw the giantbomb quick look. I would've asked for opinions on here before buying, but my account on here was finally verified today. I had not really had much exposure to One Piece before, in fact I never watched the anime before last night. Got through the first 10 episodes though, and I enjoyed it so far, but I realize that's nothing compared to the hundreds of episodes that exist.

I just remember thinking the GB quick look made this game look kinda cool, and fun. I'm one of those people who buys a lot of eshop games, but the $50 price took me a while to finally pull the trigger on this one.

Welcome to GAF, but yes the storyline in this game is probably not the best jumping on point for people who wanna get into One Piece but glad you're enjoying it, should check out the manga/anime when you can.

And all the DLCs should be out now:
BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe announced that a new DLC Pack and a FREE Quest are available now on e-Shop and PlayStation®Network, all ONE PIECE lovers will be thrilled to get deeper within the piratical world they are journeying in:

DINO MASTER QUEST
o Free Quest
o Luffy and his nakama take on a ferocious horde of T-Rexes. The rewards are up there!

THE TAKOYAKI PACK
o Santa Chopper costume: Luffy’s doctor will melt all his opponents’ hearts with this cute outfit.
o Luffy Swimsuit costume: despite the fact that he can’t swim, the soon-to-become Pirate King loves to dress-up to go to the beach!
o Sanji Casual shirt: the cook finally takes off his classy suit to destroy his enemies in the most off-the-cuff way.
o Takoyaki Party – Let's catch the Skull Knight and Kraken with the strengthened Fishing Rod! If the player combines the "Sweet sap" or "Legendary Wheat" with a takoyaki, he will create a "Legendary Takoyaki" in the restaurant!

The exciting ONE PIECE UNLIMITED WORLD RED is available in Europe, Middle-East and Australasia for PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita, Nintendo 3DSTM and Wii UTM. For the latest news and updates, check www.OnePiece-Game.com. For the latest videos, check bngames.eu/OPunlimitedworldredvideos. For more information about BANDAI NAMCO Games’ entire line up, go to www.BandaiNamcoGames.eu.

Additional Robin Costume. A set with one quest that includes her Red Hair of Class 3 comic Uniform.
Four quests set: Through the Gunfight, White vs. Black, The Road to the Top Swordsman, and Two of the Four Emperors.

Top Bottom