• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Unlimited World Red |OT| Oda’s Fan Service DLCs Pending

For some reason the Vita version is no longer available on Namco Bandai's site.

Oh well, I went to pick it up from Gamestop today. Hyped.

Astral

So one guy says the characters play the same and the other says they play differently. Dammit this is why demos are needed. I'll just see how much I'll get for a couple of games I don't like and will never play again. Does gamestop still accept PSP games?

So one guy says the characters play the same and the other says they play differently. Dammit this is why demos are needed. I'll just see how much I'll get for a couple of games I don't like and will never play again. Does gamestop still accept PSP games?

Well the other guy didn't even bother to argue for his cause. In either case, don't worry about that. The game is fun for other reasons. Character diversity and unique playstyles is not a reason to play the game. If that's what you're looking for, give Pirate Warriors 2 another spin is my recommendation! Unlimited World Red is still fun though!

Astral

Alright I got the game. Beat 2 episodes and it's pretty fun so far. I just wish the camera didn't suck sometimes and that the special moves were a little flashier. They happen too fast. I can see how the characters are different too. Sure you press the same buttons but there's no way Franky is the same as either Luffy or Zoro as he's a ranged character. Anyway, does eating food increase my stats permanently?

EDIT: Yes they do. I can already tell making your characters really powerful will take tons of grinding.

Dragun619

Stopped by Gamestop to pick up my copy. Stoked to play later tonight.

Hopefully I'll dig this game as much I dig the One Piece:pirate Warriors series.

Edit: holding my retail copy, I'm kinda a bit surprised to see it. Like, an actual retail release for a One Piece game and it's for the Vita too? shit, I didn't think it would happen, but props to you, bamco.

Ha, ha!

There's no cause, and there's no reason for me to argue. I have an opinion. It's not the same as yours. You seemed unclear about that. Done.

Earth called. Everyone argues for their opinion. It's a common practice. Second, it's considered rude to only read someones first sentence and then cut everything off, and it's also rude to act, well, rude. But whatever, why are you even making such a big deal out of your inability to accept someone elses opinion and argue for why your opinion is right?

Alright I got the game. Beat 2 episodes and it's pretty fun so far. I just wish the camera didn't suck sometimes and that the special moves were a little flashier. They happen too fast. I can see how the characters are different too. Sure you press the same buttons but there's no way Franky is the same as either Luffy or Zoro as he's a ranged character. Anyway, does eating food increase my stats permanently?

EDIT: Yes they do. I can already tell making your characters really powerful will take tons of grinding.

Yeah, but food increases your stats by really little. Not a huge deal really. Upgrading custom/skill words is way more worthwhile imo.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Earth called. Everyone argues for their opinion. It's a common practice. Second, it's considered rude to only read someones first sentence and then cut everything off, and it's also rude to act, well, rude. But whatever, why are you even making such a big deal out of your inability to accept someone elses opinion and argue for why your opinion is right?
Some people don't really see a point in arguing with one of the most supremely obnoxious and narcissistic users on NeoGAF about videogame mechanics.

GeekyDad

...Anyway, does eating food increase my stats permanently?

It does? I hadn't experimented with it. I just assumed it was like MH and only boosted characters for a given mission. If it's permanent, that changes everything.

Some people don't really see a point in arguing with one of the most supremely obnoxious and narcissistic users on NeoGAF about videogame mechanics.

Pretty much.

As an aside, this is fast becoming one of my favorite 3DS-game purchases. It's not an amazing game or anything, it's just that it has the right formula of a lot of great little things to do and see for fans of One Piece.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I love random NeoGAF drama in random threads. It's like the YouTube comments section for people with college/work emails.

Is the U.S. getting the extra costumes? I'm fine with the Day One goodies and Red Stands Alone, but that Zoro costume and Watch Your Step quest look pretty cool.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
After a few hours, I realized the different costumes have different effects on them, which kind of sucks because I wanted to use them more.

& don't suppose there's a good list of where to catch different bugs & fish along with getting items needed for expanding the town, upgrading & creating items, etc?

Edit: DLC was added today:

- Quest for Money ("The Golden Bell Tower" quest, 99 cents) for Vita & PS3
- Nami Swimsuit Pack (Nami's Swimsuit + "Hody's Revenge" quest, $2.99) for Vita & PS3

Namikaze

So, I got a copy of the Vita version on Monday. I've only played a few chapters so far, but it's the right way to do a One Piece game. It almost feels like a One Piece movie and looks very vibrant on the Vita screen, it's probably one of the best looking games on the system in my opinion (native res helps). Framerate drops happen all the time but they usually aren't that bad nor do they tend to last long. I might pick up the PS3 version on sale when I get a chance too, it's nice that there is a cross save feature between both versions.

NeededSleep

>:[

Gamestop finally shipped my copy and it will be here the 22nd.
They gave it to usps last Thursday aparently.

Im spoiled by Amazon prime. The things I do for physical editions.. Someone hold me.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I sent an email to Bandai Namco yesterday about the Australian Wii U eShop release.

I've yet to hear anything back, but when I do I'll let everyone here know. As it's still not been released.

Ban Puncher

I sent an email to Bandai Namco yesterday about the Australian Wii U eShop release.

I've yet to hear anything back, but when I do I'll let everyone here know. As it's still not been released.

y2OIn7M.gif

Might be an idea to hit up Vooks as well.

Was the DLC also added for 3DS or will I have to wait till Thursday?
Likely Thursday

y2OIn7M.gif

Might be an idea to hit up Vooks as well.
Hopefully the release is sorted out for Australia, no reason not to release it on the eShop.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just remember that the costumes actually change stats...which kind of sucks because I liked some of the 15th anniversary costumes I got to download.

Edit: Nami's Swimsuit (& Robin's as well I think) increases water resistance by 50%, but HP decreases 15%.

Just remember that the costumes actually change stats...which kind of sucks because I liked some of the 15th anniversary costumes I got to download.

Edit: Nami's Swimsuit (& Robin's as well I think) increases water resistance by 50%, but HP decreases 15%.

It's okay. The lovely Nami and Robin won't ever need to worry about fighting because I'll be there to protect them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's official. Out of all the characters, I easily dislike Robin the most after having to do two quests with her, especially the one when you have Franky as well & gotta refight the boss but then you lose Franky & have to use Robin. At least she's slightly better compared to Pirate Warriors 2.

GeekyDad

It's official. Out of all the characters, I easily dislike Robin the most after having to do two quests with her, especially the one when you have Franky as well & gotta refight the boss but then you lose Franky & have to use Robin. At least she's slightly better compared to Pirate Warriors 2.

She's my main leader character. It's so easy for me to reach Breaks with her, since I can sit back and quickly pull off all the necessary combos from a safe distance. Plus, the quick SP gain lets me pull off team specials constantly.

Yeah, she's bad. Her and Brook are the two worst characters.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Yeah, she's bad. Her and Brook are the two worst characters.

I actually like Brook. He's playable at the very least. His aerial attacks work pretty well. With Robin it takes so much effort just to hit something in front of me. I guess I need to stand at an angle or something.

I actually like Brook. He's playable at the very least. His aerial attacks work pretty well. With Robin it takes so much effort just to hit something in front of me. I guess I need to stand at an angle or something.

Yeah, true on both parts, however trust me, when you play the Coliseum duel mode as Brook you'll see. He's terrible at fighting any decent enemy and his dodge is extremely slow, it has to be the slowest in the game.

GeekyDad

...With Robin it takes so much effort just to hit something in front of me. I guess I need to stand at an angle or something.

My main problem with Robin is that I sometimes can't tell if I'm hitting anyone. Her SP gain is crazy though.

She actually just zeroes in on the enemy she's locked onto. The range on her attacks is pretty far, and you can combo from quite a distance with her. Next time you use her, try watching her hands come up from the ground when you're in a mob battle. You'll see what I'm referring to.

Z..

Gaf? I'd love a reply on this one so I can buy it today and enjoy it during the weekend. ^^

Vita or Wii U would be my preferences, as I much preffer the feel of the Wii U's controllers to that of DS3s. Same goes for Vita and 3DS, I preffer how the Vita feels.

But if the superior version is neither of those 2, I wouldn't think twice before jumping ship as the 3DS and the DS3 are still pretty comfortable!

Reknoc

Gaf? I'd love a reply on this one so I can buy it today and enjoy it during the weekend. ^^

Vita or Wii U would be my preferences, as I much preffer the feel of the Wii U's controllers to that of DS3s. Same goes for Vita and 3DS, I preffer how the Vita feels.

But if the superior version is neither of those 2, I wouldn't think twice before jumping ship as the 3DS and the DS3 are still pretty comfortable!

Seems that none have any massive advantage over the other so just go with what you prefer. I'd personally go vita, but that's because i'm a closet trophy whore, and prefer being able to take it anywhere.

Honestly I don't think anyone knows which version is superior. You can tell which game has the best graphics by just looking at screenshots or videos, but other than that, who knows. I played the PS3 version and it runs great. 3DS version has a map on the second screen which is always great.

Blues1990

Just to set the record straight, both the 3DS & Wii U versions are only available through digital means, right? 'Cause I'm in the mood to take some foes down as Frankie & Robin.

Just to set the record straight, both the 3DS & Wii U versions are only available through digital means, right? 'Cause I'm in the mood to take some foes down as Frankie & Robin.

3DS version is available at retail and digital, Wii U is available digital and retail for EU and JPN, digital only for NA and no idea for Australians =/

Blues1990

3DS version is available at retail and digital, Wii U is available digital and retail for EU and JPN, digital only for NA and no idea for Australians =/
Cool, thank you for clarifying that for me. I'll go & pick up an eShop points card during my lunch break today for the Wii U version, as the game looks like a more faithful companion to the manga.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian

I'm obviously on the Vita camp with this one. But if you are a trophy whore as mentioned above, be warned that the game does have an ad-hoc trophy.

Top Bottom