• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Unlimited World Red |OT| Oda’s Fan Service DLCs Pending

Reknoc

Does the game focus on the other characters and let me play as them instead? What about those two florida meth hound girls

Nope sorry, you're stuck playing as Luffy for a while until you get them back:

But afterwards I believe you can play as whomever you like, till maybe the ending.

If the Wii games are any indication you can swap out to anyone on the fly but the game will be balanced to using more or less all of them so you cant really focus on just one.

DR2K

Banned
Why the fuck is it 15gb on the WiiU? Higher resolution textures than the ps3 version? That's almost all the space I have left on my WiiU.

jbug617

Banned
Why the fuck is it 15gb on the WiiU? Higher resolution textures than the ps3 version? That's almost all the space I have left on my WiiU.

for real? I had a bunch of eshop credit and was deciding if I want the Wii U version or the 3DS.

Wii U version is big. Wonder what the difference is...

Can anyone speak to each versions performance?
Don't think there's any difference performance wise on the consoles. The most likely case for the Wii U version is that it has less compressed assets.

Edit: Saw this when I was googling images for OT
Label+One+Piece+Unlimited+World+Red+PS3+%5BExclusiva%5D.jpg

http://www.gamecover.com.br/2014/03/label-one-piece-unlimited-world-red-ps3.html?m=1
Hmmmm any chance the PS3 uses a DVD sized storage? Or new games don't have a bluray mark?

I need that Vita version. I would have gone with Wii U if it had a physical copy in NA but oh well.

Both Unlimited Adventure as well as the two Unlimited Cruise games were 10/10 for me, so I know I'll enjoy this one.

Yeah, the manga is still in Dressrosa. Shit has definitely hit the fan now and it's setting up for a really interesting fight. I'd recommend catching up. =)
I haven't read since the end of the Fishman Island arc. I usually let 1 or 2 full arcs go by before reading again, so I've been waiting for Dressrosa to conclude. If I play this game will I be spoiled or is it safe to play?

Reknoc

I haven't read since the end of the Fishman Island arc. I usually let 1 or 2 full arcs go by before reading again, so I've been waiting for Dressrosa to conclude. If I play this game will I be spoiled or is it safe to play?

dressrosa probably not so much but punk hazard yes, probably.

I don't think you'll get spoiled as long as you know Dressrosa arc = Strawhats and Law vs Doflamingo. And Dressrosa stuff is only in the coliseum mode, as the 3DS game was released in Japan a while back and then they added duel mode to the game then they rereleased it for PS/Vita and Wii U and to the west as well.

Reknoc

I don't think you'll get spoiled as long as you know Dressrosa arc = Strawhats and Law vs Doflamingo. And Dressrosa stuff is only in the coliseum mode, as the 3DS game was released in Japan a while back and then they added duel mode to the game then they rereleased it for PS/Vita and Wii U and to the west as well.

It might also spoil Dolfy's devil fruit, but it's been pretty obvious what is since before like, skypiea

kinda stopped reading about after the giant babies law arc. Was just TOO damn hard to follow.

Sometimes you just have too much shit going on.

its like the opposite of bleach where a chapter can have like a paragraph of text total lol.

I wish the chopper edition wasnt exclusive to PS3, namco did a similar thing with battle of Z, tey really hate limited editions on vita >.>

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I've played this game on two different occasions already and I definitely won't be buying it full price :/

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
15 GB? Hm... Now I'm not sure whether I'll get it on the Wii U... Oh well, I guess I'll see how much space I have when I get home.

Shizuka

The Vita version is Gamestop-exclusive in the US, but Play-Asia had it up for pre-order, so fingers crossed they'll get some and ship me a copy.

Regarding ordering the Vita version from Bamco's online store, it says an expected release date of August 21st. Hmmmmmmm

I guess I'll keep my Gamestop preorder for now and see what happens next week or something.

Majukun

kinda stopped reading about after the giant babies law arc. Was just TOO damn hard to follow.

Sometimes you just have too much shit going on.

its like the opposite of bleach where a chapter can have like a paragraph of text total lol.

well the next arc has even more shit going on at the same time :p

mileS

I've always dreamed of an RPG-like One Piece game. I'm considering this for the hell of it, I'm willing to put up with some jank for the fact that I've always wanted a decent game like this.

evanmisha

I've always dreamed of an RPG-like One Piece game. I'm considering this for the hell of it, I'm willing to put up with some jank for the fact that I've always wanted a decent game like this.

There's actually a few RPG-like One Piece games. None of them are good.

This game, however, I am very excited about. Loved the Unlimited series so far.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I hope there are articles that compare the versions out there, that way I know which one to get.

Raysoul

I was expecting 10GB for Wii U, but 15GB?

I still don't have an external storage D: It's hard to find a cheap one and a Y cable on my location :/

Shun

I was expecting 10GB for Wii U, but 15GB?

I still don't have an external storage D: It's hard to find a cheap one and a Y cable on my location :/

A large chunk of the size is most likely the EU text for other countries.

For NA we can probably assume it's gonna be 12-13GB, maybe?

Y-Cables are ridiculously cheap online on Amazon and eBay and usually, getting your own SATA hard drive and throwing it in an enclosure is cheaper than a ready to go external hard drive.

If you already have an external and don't want a Y cable, Apricorn sells USB splitters that work for any USB output device. It works for the Wii U and pretty much any hard drive, but it's like 15 bucks...

Effect

I'm still in for the Wii U version. Plenty of space on my hard drive.

I really need to get back into One Piece. Tried during college and while I was okay with the characters it just moved to slow early on and I didn't have the patience for it. Not sure if I should start watching the episodes or start collecting the manga volumes. Any suggestions as to what is better? I know the series is over 600 episodes. Curious as to what's the cheaper? This could finally force me to subscribe to crunchyroll.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm still in for the Wii U version. Plenty of space on my hard drive.

I really need to get back into One Piece. Tried during college and while I was okay with the characters it just moved to slow early on and I didn't have the patience for it. Not sure if I should start watching the episodes or start collecting the manga volumes. Any suggestions as to what is better? I know the series is over 600 episodes. Curious as to what's the cheaper? This could finally force me to subscribe to crunchyroll.
I've been doing both - Crunchyroll and the big three volume compilation books.

I'm enjoying the anime but I think I prefer the manga, mostly because the art is surprisingly detailed and consistent.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Make sure to use the Wiki if you're reading Viz's translation. Just a suggestion from someone that's been reading the series since 2003....

You know, with how massive the Wii U version is, you'd think that would be the version they'd release in retail...

Top Bottom