• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Unlimited World Red |OT| Oda’s Fan Service DLCs Pending

Tsunamo

Bandai Namco put up a season pass for the games DLC on the PAL stores. $44.95 AU is almost the price of the full Vita game here, heck digitally it's only $3 less than the full game.
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...pass/cid=EP0700-PCSB00557_00-B000000000001283

Still haven't found any screenshots of the Vita version, but a video up on Youtube looks nice.

Looks like it's native res, that was my only concern with the Vita version so i'm happy to see it most likely is. Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow.

If you have any questions about the review fire away I wrote it for PSU

As someone who loves the anime/manga the most important thing for me is the story and world, are there much story and cut scenes in the game?

Edit: I also wonder if you learn new attacks in the game and if it is possible just show the icon for when to dodge instead of having the text for counter or Dodge?

That's a really expensive season pass. 16 quests and 12 costumes, huh? I wonder what kind of quests those are. They need to be really lengthy and give new areas to explore and new enemies to fight to be worthwhile.

Krammy

Have the PS3 and 3DS version on pre-order. I wanted a portable version and opted for the original platform the game was released on, just in case the ports end up as junk. Then the PS3 version for an HD copy, which I may cancel if reviews confirm the previous issue I mentioned.

Absolutely loved Unlimited Cruise on Wii and as a big One Piece fan, I don't want to miss another game in the Unlimited series (thanks for giving us the sequel Namco Bandai America).

imek

Picked up my Vita and PS3 Chopper Edition this morning.

Will be opening up the sealed stuff with Fiance tonight however here's a few pictures:

2014-06-26%2010.41.45.jpg

2014-06-26%2010.42.53.jpg

At work so no impressions of the games so far (and probably gonna be waiting till I've finished Musou 2 as well..)

Edit: forgot about the Wii U / 3DS versions, might pick up them digitally depending on prices down the line.

B00TE

Man, I'm half tempted to get the PS3 or Wii U version alongside the 3ds version. Game is looking and sounding better than I thought, but my bar wasn't set super high. It just looks plain ol' fun.

May also help that I've been catching up on the anime. Need to start reading the manga instead though, would be a lot easier for me.

Tsunamo

That's a really expensive season pass. 16 quests and 12 costumes, huh? I wonder what kind of quests those are. They need to be really lengthy and give new areas to explore and new enemies to fight to be worthwhile.
I've got the feeling they wont amount to much. They didn't used to be called scamco for nothing and their Pirate Warriors DLC was pretty minor in terms of what it added content wise. Never know though, might get a nice surprise.
Absolutely loved Unlimited Cruise on Wii and as a big One Piece fan, I don't want to miss another game in the Unlimited series (thanks for giving us the sequel Namco Bandai America).
I've missed all of the 3DS re-releases due to Bandai Namco Europe putting them into two separate cartridges, them being limited print (it's hard just to find a ebay listing for them) and no digital releases. :(

Shizuka

Man, I'm half tempted to get the PS3 or Wii U version alongside the 3ds version. Game is looking and sounding better than I thought, but my bar wasn't set super high. It just looks plain ol' fun.

May also help that I've been catching up on the anime. Need to start reading the manga instead though, would be a lot easier for me.

Wii U version for off-tv play should be great.

I've missed all of the 3DS re-releases due to Bandai Namco Europe putting them into two separate cartridges, them being limited print (it's hard just to find a ebay listing for them) and no digital releases. :(

This is the main reason why I pre-ordered the game even though it's pretty expensive. Games like these don't tend to go down much in price, rather they sell out before too long.

There's... a season pass....?

Yeah, scroll up, I just posted it.

B00TE

Wii U version for off-tv play should be great.

I was thinking that but if I was gonna play it off-tv, I'd just play my 3ds copy, haha. Wish the US was getting a Wii U retail release, I'd probably have grabbed it on there for sure then.

I was thinking that but if I was gonna play it off-tv, I'd just play my 3ds copy, haha. Wish the US was getting a Wii U retail release, I'd probably have grabbed it on there for sure then.
If you go with the Wii U version you can always cross save between your 3DS copy though.

GAME has saved me from myself and keep cancelling my Chopper Edition order.
What happened? They didn't have enough or something wrong with their order system again?
So do I really have to preorder to get the DLC or could I get it just from buying it day 1?
They aren't preorder bonuses, just a dlc code you get from getting the "day 1 edition", so no need to preorder.

For digital only version, such as the Wii U version in NA and AU, the DLCs will likely be found within the eShop's add on section and will be free for a period of time.

Reknoc

What happened? They didn't have enough or something wrong with their order system again?

No idea, first time was probably because I didn't have enough, which cancelling is a p.shitty thing to do by the by, but all others afterwards have failed and I know I have enough. Guess they've sold, I'll find out tomorrow when it's out.

So, I'm a little confused about something, keep seeing conflicting information. Does the game contain the manga's story (or a portion of it) and an original arc? Or is the whole thing just one entire original story?

I've been a little behind with One Piece for awhile, and I thought a video game that captures the story would be the best way to summarize what's happened since I left off.

Also, dangit Best Buy for only having the 3DS and PS3 version. Wanted to use my GCU on the Vita one. :/

Reknoc

So, I'm a little confused about something, keep seeing conflicting information. Does the game contain the manga's story (or a portion of it) and an original arc? Or is the whole thing just one entire original story?

I've been a little behind with One Piece for awhile, and I thought a video game that captures the story would be the best way to summarize what's happened since I left off.

Also, dangit Best Buy for only having the 3DS and PS3 version. Wanted to use my GCU on the Vita one. :/

It's an original arc that incorporates parts of the main story as like, dream sequences is what I'd guess.

They aren't preorder bonuses, just a dlc code you get from getting the "day 1 edition", so no need to preorder.

For digital only version, such as the Wii U version in NA and AU, the DLCs will likely be found within the eShop's add on section and will be free for a period of time.

Thanks for all the help, man. You've been really great in this thread.

Would this be a good game for a person who doesn't watch/read One Piece? I got a bit of digital deluxe credits saved up on Eshop.
Probably not, if it sounds interesting and you like what you've seen maybe. But I can see the game being more appreciated if you know about the series.
Thanks for all the help, man. You've been really great in this thread.
No problem =)
No idea, first time was probably because I didn't have enough, which cancelling is a p.shitty thing to do by the by, but all others afterwards have failed and I know I have enough. Guess they've sold, I'll find out tomorrow when it's out.
Ah that is shitty, would have thought they'd contact you before cancelling, hope it turns out alright for you and GAME will give it to you.

Reknoc

Ah that is shitty, would have thought they'd contact you before cancelling, hope it turns out alright for you and GAME will give it to you.

They did it before with the Tales of Symphonia CE. Found out what it is at any rate, seems verified by visa security step isn't working so I need to talk to my bank urghhh

Read the manga instead. Games based off of the original manga story NEVER works.

I actually did try catching up the manga a few months ago, and I made a pretty big dent, but I ended up getting fatigued since it was like ~300 chapters in just a few days. I'm actually not that far behind either, I think I'm on chapter 619 or so, but I find it much more tedious to read on my computer or watch the much slower-paced anime. I'll try to get the chapters on my tablet in the near future, though, but it would have saved me that trouble if the story were incorporated.

I actually did try catching up the manga a few months ago, and I made a pretty big dent, but I ended up getting fatigued since it was like ~300 chapters in just a few days. I'm actually not that far behind either, I think I'm on chapter 619 or so, but I find it much more tedious to read on my computer or watch the much slower-paced anime. I'll try to get the chapters on my tablet in the near future, though, but it would have saved me that trouble if the story were incorporated.

Buy the books!

I'd held off buying this due to my backlog guilt but it's been a tough two weeks and today i caved. It's my birthday tomorrow and i had an itch for some One Piece that just had to be scratched so i'm hoping there's a Wii U version on my doorstep when i get in.

I've been out of the loop for a few years but to be honest i don't care. I'll have fun with the game and catch up later on.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I hope to see enough positive opinions on the game; I'd like to buy it on 3DS, but I want to know more about it.

Hey all

I actually walked into JBhifi in Australia yesterday and saw this, bought it as random purchase (thought it had been out for ages)

was $40 for vita copy off the shelves.

So far only played about 3 hours last night but it is pretty awesome. I personally wanted it for vita to play at odd intervals at home but i would suggest getting a console version if you are irked by the small screen size. ie. your field of view should be much better on consoles

Hope this helps.

popyea

I hope the Wii U version is not too expensive on the Australian eshop. 40 or 50 dollars would be really nice, but I'm imagining 79.99.

Tsunamo

I've put in about 8 hours into the game so far, the structure of the game's really interesting.

You have a central town hub which you expand building more stores and areas which allow you to do more stuff which mostly revolves around getting items (to build even more stuff, upgrade your characters etc.) and the tavern gives you the option of quests similar to Monster Hunter style games where you do various missions which could range from anything to kill a boss, kill a certain enemy, farm a certain amount of items, to fishing for a certain number of the same fish you need.

Part of the problem with this though is you need to do more main missions (which advance the games story and unlock more areas) which unlock extra missions in locations to gain more items for farming stuff and building the town up even more, so it all links together but due to needing to get further in the main story it feels like quests at the tavern are a afterthought to the main story. With no guide for items it makes expanding rather difficult when you need a specific material so you can make the town bigger.

Once I got over that the gameplay isn't as great as One Piece Musou/Pirate Warriors and the physics are completely different (enemys also have more longer invulnerability times when they're on the ground in this which can make killing them more tedious at times) i'm really enjoying how each character plays differently, Franky uses rockets/bullets and other similar types of moves, he can also build a turret which you can hop inside to hit enemys with (if they don't hit it blowing it up), Usopp has a first person mode where you can Snipe enemys with his slingshot, Brook can put enemys to sleep and stuff like that make each character unique to play. Then you also have custom words which you can upgrade and equip to boost your stats.

I still need some more time with it but i'm enjoying it quite a fair bit despite its flaws.
Hey all

I actually walked into JBhifi in Australia yesterday and saw this, bought it as random purchase (thought it had been out for ages)

was $40 for vita copy off the shelves.

So far only played about 3 hours last night but it is pretty awesome. I personally wanted it for vita to play at odd intervals at home but i would suggest getting a console version if you are irked by the small screen size. ie. your field of view should be much better on consoles
It was $40 at JB? Wish I knew that before I bought my copy at EB, could have pricematched and saved $20, ah well.

Personally speaking I got the Vita version because I was irked by the (original) 3DS's screensize with the Japanese demos fov, way too tiny to see anything clear on that screen, no 3D didn't help either. I honestly don't have a problem with the Vitas fov though, most of the environments minus the second one you encounter
alabasta desert
feel just big enough to work fine with the fov you get on the Vita, but yeah it would probably be much better on consoles.
I hope the Wii U version is not too expensive on the Australian eshop. 40 or 50 dollars would be really nice, but I'm imagining 79.99.
It doesn't seem like we're even getting a digital Wii U release unfortunately. There's no mention of it in Vooks.nets update for downloads this week (although the 3DS version is)

I'd like to think i'm wrong and there's been a mistake made and it's coming with next weeks update but it doesn't seem like it. To Bandai Namcos credit though they've been pretty good with pricing eShop prices below RRP on Wii U so i'd be optimistic about the price being less than $79.95, especially if it's digital only.

There's an update that I can't download atm cause I'm unable to connect to the server =/

Even Miiverse is struggling XD, will add the Miiverse community to OT when I can load it again =/

Edit: No Club Nintendo code for the UK version

The game looks good. I don't own or plan to own any of those platforms, but I've enjoyed very few anime video games over the years. I did like a couple gundam games though, especially the tactical strategy one where you don't even play as the gundams.

How does this compare to the other One Piece games.
Is this still a Dynasty Warriors clone? Cause that withhold me from getting the previous games abit...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How does this compare to the other One Piece games.
Is this still a Dynasty Warriors clone? Cause that withhold me from getting the previous games abit...
No, you're thinking of the Pirate Warriors games. Those are the ones that're reskinned Dynasty Warriors games.

Top Bottom