• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Unlimited World Red |OT| Oda’s Fan Service DLCs Pending

Tenshi Hauru

Neo Member
I'm still in for the Wii U version. Plenty of space on my hard drive.

I really need to get back into One Piece. Tried during college and while I was okay with the characters it just moved to slow early on and I didn't have the patience for it. Not sure if I should start watching the episodes or start collecting the manga volumes. Any suggestions as to what is better? I know the series is over 600 episodes. Curious as to what's the cheaper? This could finally force me to subscribe to crunchyroll.

Unless something has changed, Hulu has a good chunk of it from episode 1 to 330. Then picks back up around 390 or so for the Shabaody arc and has continued since and up to date. I'm sure somewhere else like crunchyroll can fill in the gap there. Shouldn't be too long until they fill in the gap as they usually add the subbed episodes as Funimation dubs it.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It looks good, just hoping the gameplay / exploration pans out. I'd be disappointed if it was all just eye candy that mechanically sucks. The traveling through towns it what looks worrisome to me at the moment. Everything seems floaty.

Effect

Unless something has changed, Hulu has a good chunk of it from episode 1 to 330. Then picks back up around 390 or so for the Shabaody arc and has continued since and up to date. I'm sure somewhere else like crunchyroll can fill in the gap there. Shouldn't be too long until they fill in the gap as they usually add the subbed episodes as Funimation dubs it.

Thanks. It looks like Hulu does have it. The first four season dubbed. Those and more subbed.

Question. Are Nami and Robin in the anime as busty as they are in the games and manga? Or is that toned down?

Tenshi Hauru

Neo Member
Thanks. It looks like Hulu does have it. The first four season dubbed. Those and more subbed.

Question. Are Nami and Robin in the anime as busty as they are in the games and manga? Or is that toned down?

So it sounds like they're getting the dubbed episodes about as fast as Funimation churns them out. That's pretty good.

And to answer your question: Both are just as busty in the anime without a doubt.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Look up the 7th movie.

mileS

There's actually a few RPG-like One Piece games. None of them are good.

This game, however, I am very excited about. Loved the Unlimited series so far.

On the PS3 or Wii U? I don't really like buying many games for handheld systems usually. I think I've seen some vita/psp ones in the past. Anyways my post wasn't very clear, there probably has been some RPG-like One Piece games but this is the first one that the trailer really did something for me.

So Unlimited is a series? I guess I should search about it. I assume the impressions from the older games in the series will give me an idea of what to expect for this one. Does World Red look much different?

evanmisha

On the PS3 or Wii U? I don't really like buying many games for handheld systems usually. I think I've seen some vita/psp ones in the past. Anyways my post wasn't very clear, there probably has been some RPG-like One Piece games but this is the first one that the trailer really did something for me.

So Unlimited is a series? I guess I should search about it. I assume the impressions from the older games in the series will give me an idea of what to expect for this one. Does World Red look much different?

On the GBA, WonderSwan, and one on PSP that got ported to 3DS. None worth playing.

Unlimited is indeed a series. 3 entries on the Wii (2 of which got a 3DS port in Japan and Europe), and this effectively multi-platform entry. As for how different World R is... it's the first one with co-op multiplayer, and any sort of hub outside of the crew's ship.

Reknoc

Not happy to see the "Rush" system is back. It was one of the key elements to making Unlimited Cruise an unplayable mess. Bad enough needing to grind the obscene amount of items you would need to progress but if you needed something from an enemy you pretty much had to be in rush mode for them to drop anything and it barely lasted long enough for you to kill more than 2 of them.

hopefully it's different here.

On the GBA, WonderSwan, and one on PSP that got ported to 3DS. None worth playing.

Unlimited is indeed a series. 3 entries on the Wii (2 of which got a 3DS port in Japan and Europe), and this effectively multi-platform entry. As for how different World R is... it's the first one with co-op multiplayer, and any sort of hub outside of the crew's ship.

Romance Dawn is alright, a lot better than I was expecting it to be though that bar wasn't very high.

Pein

Banned
Really wanted a physical copy for wii u, oh well might just wait out for a psn sale because after I bought pirate warriors 1 and 2 for full price they went on sale a month after.

Kings fan

This would also be really cool on the Wii U but no disc version means I probably will end up getting it on PS3 if the portable versions aren't spectacular.

Ohnonono

Can someone explain to me what this game ... is... What is the gameplay like? I know there was a Dynasty Warriors clone (that never made it to NA vita for some dumb reason) but what is the gameplay in this? What type of game is it?

http://www.japanese3ds.com/post/68036819499

I don't really understand the parallels with MH, too ?

In Unlimited Cruise there was crafting or you powered up characters with Sanji's food made from the items you grinded. I assume the same more or less applies here.
That and more than likely cause you can now "hunt" monsters/bosses with four players I guess...
Okay. It seems a little far-fetched but why not :)

But pretty much this lol

Edit: Also anyone who gets the PS3 version early/this week or so check if there's a bluray mark on the disc...if the image I found last page is the same as the retail one...PS3 version may be on a DVD sized storage disc instead of bluray...which will explain Wii U and PS3 game size differences.

B00TE

Found someone who has a review copy and put up some impressions. Nothing too spoiler-y in it, but I'd still advise against watching it if you wanna go in fresh.

Gonna go ahead and get this on 3ds, somewhat afraid of the game having a limited physical run. Was looking at getting Mario 3D Land and World before getting this but at least I know I can always find those.

EDIT: found a review

Kitoro

Is the local co-op for the handheld version comprehensive through the entire game? Or is it just to play mini-games with friends?

I'll buy two 3DS copies for my wife to play with me if we can both have our own characters and play through our games together.

How's this work?

Thanks!

Reknoc

I imagine co-op is like any co-opcentric handheld game where the host chooses the quest and opens up the lobby.

Soul Beat

I still don't know what systems to get it for!

I'm leaning towards Wii U or Vita. Might double dip....Decisions are hard sometimes!

Say, will the Wii U version include all that Day 1 stuff?

Chille

Found someone who has a review copy and put up some impressions. Nothing too spoiler-y in it, but I'd still advise against watching it if you wanna go in fresh.

Gonna go ahead and get this on 3ds, somewhat afraid of the game having a limited physical run. Was looking at getting Mario 3D Land and World before getting this but at least I know I can always find those.

EDIT: found a review

wait, its more batman than musou?

If you have any questions about the review fire away, I wrote it for PSU

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Not sure about this. From watching some game play videos, the battles look like they're taking place underwater. Why is everything so slow?

Shizuka

Play-Asia stopped taking pre-order for the Vita version last week, that may be a good sign or not. Let's hope they get copies and ship those for the ones that pre-ordered while orders were still open.

If you have any questions about the review fire away, I wrote it for PSU

can you elaborate on the statement of how you think the combat feels very batmanish?

do you spend most of the time spamming attacks, or is counter/parry/dodge defensive stuff vital for success?

Chille

can you elaborate on the statement of how you think the combat feels very batmanish?

do you spend most of the time spamming attacks, or is counter/parry/dodge defensive stuff vital for success?

You will find that later on the counter/parry/dodge stuff is very useful for survival unless you want to spend a lot of money on healing item's, the symbols above there head to tell you when to counter also look ripped out of the Arkham series. There is also some challenges that involving doing counter in the Battle Coliseum, including countering with Zoro several times.

popyea

Damn, was pretty interested in this game until hearing that the combat is like Batman. Will have to watch some videos, and hopefully it's not as automatic as I'm thinking.

Reknoc

Damn, was pretty interested in this game until hearing that the combat is like Batman. Will have to watch some videos, and hopefully it's not as automatic as I'm thinking.

Check the videos of the PSV version of the first page, has a good look at the combat. The batman part seems to come from blocking being context sensitive

edit:

Chille

Check the videos of the PSV version of the first page, has a good look at the combat. The batman part seems to come from blocking being context sensitive

edit:

Yeah I should of gone into more detail about it in hind sight, its a good system.

popyea

edit:

Cool, I'm back on board. Really, it looks nothing like what I was imagining with the batman comparison.

Cool, I'm back on board. Really, it looks nothing like what I was imagining with the batman comparison.

the phrase like batman pretty much just means counter when enemy glows.

sleeping dogs, ass creed etc.

Is there any progression element? Learn new moves etc? Or are the characters pretty much how they play out of the gate the same 20 hours in?

Top Bottom