• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfChaos

What chapter in the redrawn manga is where the anime ended? Or where should I start to not retread a lot but still not miss anything important that the show skipped?

What chapter in the redrawn manga is where the anime ended? Or where should I start to not retread a lot but still not miss anything important that the show skipped?

I couldn't help you from the top of my head, but there's not MUCH more after that arc ends in the redrawn manga, so probably closer to the latest chapter than one would think. Try reading one down the middle, see if you recognize the arc, move forward/back if so.

I think around chapter 50 is where the anime ends. There's a bunch of side chapters that the anime skips, which are pretty good as well.

The chapters and side stories the anime skips are absolutely just as good as the ones directly connected to the arcs covered in the show. OPM is short enough; I'd suggest starting from the beginning.

Crocodile

They could probably get a good number of episodes out of the side chapters they skipped but with how the first season progressed, it would all be out of order and context so I dunno how that might work.

LordOfChaos

Thanks guys. I'll just start around the Sea King and any extra chapters before then.

They could probably get a good number of episodes out of the side chapters they skipped but with how the first season progressed, it would all be out of order and context so I dunno how that might work.

They could do OVAs, like Attack on Titan does. Separate little mini-shows from the main arc. I hope so, something to tide us over a while till the next season.

I found this list of OVA episodes on Wikipedia:

00 "Road to Hero"
"Rōdo tu Hīrō" (ロード・トゥ・ヒーロー) December 4, 2015

01 "A Shadow That Snuck Up Too Close"
"Shinobiyori-sugiru Kage" (忍び寄りすぎる影) December 24, 2015[10]

02 "The Pupil Who Is an Extremely Poor Talker"
"Hanashibeta-sugiru Deishi" (話ベタすぎる弟子) January 29, 2016[11]

03 "The Ninja Who is Too Complicated"
"Kojire-sugiru Ninja" (こじれすぎる忍者) TBA

04 "Bang, Who is Too Overbearing"
"Gōin-sugiru Bang" (強引すぎるバング) TBA

05 "The Sisters Who Have Too Many Things Happening"
"Iroiro Ari-sugiru Shimai" (色々ありすぎる姉妹) TBA

06 "The Murder Case that is Too Impossible"
"Fukanō-sugiru Satsujin Jiken" (不可能すぎる殺人事件)

Road to Hero and A Shadow That Snuck Up Too Close are out already, but have all of the remaining ones been confirmed? Can the manga readers deduce from the titles which skipped/side chapters they will feature and if so, any promising ones you hoped would get animated? Both of the currently released ones are fairly uneventful, but i really enjoyed "Shadow" and thought it was pretty funny and didn't overstay its welcome at half an episode's length. Going by the titles there will be one about Sonic, one about Fang and one about Tatsumaki and Fubuki. Is it likely that all of these would be included as a bonus in a full season Blu-ray set in the west?

Jintor

tbh it sounds like the OVAs are all original weirdly enough. The Murata side stories are great, maybe they're being saved for second season or some other ova thing?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I watched this over the holidays and I really liked it. The fight with the bat dude and old guy vs the alien was the most entertaining. I was actually surprised that they defeated him considering the up to that point the other heroes would always be defeated.

I havent read any other posts in this thread and I didnt look it up, but could someone explain to me why Saitama is drawn in different styles?
When shit gets real, shit gets real.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I would not mind an entire season composed of "filler" side story episodes, suplemented with original ones as well.

A day at the supermarket with class S. See heroes squabble over merchandise. Take that, DBZ driving episode. :p

Russ T

Banned
I would not mind an entire season composed of "filler" side story episodes, suplemented with original ones as well.

A day at the supermarket with class S. See heroes squabble over merchandise. Take that, DBZ driving episode. :p

Personally, I'd love this too, but I'd prefer it happen after the story progresses a little and introduces more characters directly into Saitama's daily life.

LordAlu

Damn, I miss One Punch Man already... :(

dragonarte_saitama_salva_menina_batman_post.png

Lynx_7

After a year long hiatus away from anime and manga in general, this was the first anime that got me legitimately hyped since HxH ended. I had so much fun watching it and the fact that it's really easy to marathon made sure I finished the whole thing in a single day.
Now I'll start reading the manga from the beginning since I don't like skipping chapters and it'll be cool to see the differences between the two. Not sure if I'll ever make the jump to the webcomic though...

Now that my passion for anime is kind of reignited I'm thinking about starting Kill la Kill.

FluxWaveZ

Now that my passion for anime is kind of reignited I'm thinking about starting Kill la Kill.

19YUQc3.gif

I'll just say that there are reasons people take breaks from anime or are not interested in watching anymore ever. Might want to look closely into your reasons for it.

After a year long hiatus away from anime and manga in general, this was the first anime that got me legitimately hyped since HxH ended. I had so much fun watching and the fact that it's really easy to marathon made sure I finished the whole thing in a single day.
Now I'll start reading the manga from the beginning since I don't like skipping chapters and it'll be cool to see the differences between the two. Not sure if I'll ever make the jump to the webcomic though...

I thought I wouldn't either. Wait till you catch up to the manga and you're left waiting and waiting...

Lynx_7

I had KLK in mind since it's from the same director as TTGL which is always a selling point to me considering it's in my top 10 animes, so sooner or later I'll end up checking it out.
Though I wasn't very fond of P&S, but then again I never really expected much from that one.
But yeah the anime thread would be better for discussing recommendations. I'll do that when I find it :p

Aaronology said:
I thought I wouldn't either. Wait till you catch up to the manga and you're left waiting and waiting...

Miura and Togashi
and George
have trained me well in the art of patience.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Damn One Punch Man.

I don't like anime, and haven't in a while. I end up sounding like an old man, talking about the days of good anime like Akira, Ninja Scroll, and Cowboy Bebop. Then I saw OPM.

Which made me decide to go to Netflix and see what else is as good as this! :D

... :(

I don't like anime.

Puruzi

Banned
Damn One Punch Man.

I don't like anime, and haven't in a while. I end up sounding like an old man, talking about the days of good anime like Akira, Ninja Scroll, and Cowboy Bebop. Then I saw OPM.

I don't like anime.

rofl

PureYeti

Well I finally caught up to both mangas. Is it me or did ONE art got better near the end?

Yea I wouldn't mind those too. Including bonus chapters will be great

I had KLK in mind since it's from the same director as TTGL which is always a selling point to me considering it's in my top 10 animes, so sooner or later I'll end up checking it out.
Though I wasn't very fond of P&S, but then again I never really expected much from that one.
But yeah the anime thread would be better for discussing recommendations. I'll do that when I find it :p

Miura and Togashi
and George
have trained me well in the art of patience.

If you can handle fanservice, KLK really isn't bad. No, it isn't best show ever Gurren Lagann, but it is a serviceable spiritual successor to it, because let's face it, even something half as good as TTGL would be gold.

Damn One Punch Man.

I don't like anime.

Maybe don't use Netflix as a barometer of quality. Plenty of good stuff still getting produced. Space Dandy is a good recent one.

Hypron

The fights in KLK are really disappointing tbh (esp. towards the end), and will be even more so in comparison with OPM. The story also ends up taking itself too seriously in the second half imo...

Zolo

The best way to think about anime is the way to think of regular television. There's plenty of variety especially with a giant backlog to choose from, but most of it'll either fall into not the genre/type you're interested in or just crap.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
After a year long hiatus away from anime and manga in general, this was the first anime that got me legitimately hyped since HxH ended. I had so much fun watching it and the fact that it's really easy to marathon made sure I finished the whole thing in a single day.

I'll help you with that. Watch the new Lupin III series:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom