• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

I am getting the phantom pain for more OPM... :/

Sundays were OPM days for the past few months.

Also I have seen that last episode like a few dozen times at least. I have also watched like 10 different live reaction videos of the last episode. I just can't get enough of it!

Bah

BTW, y'all should read Wonderella, it's quality stuff. Does some similar stuff to OPM in terms of deconstructive parody of superhero fiction, though it focuses on different areas.

Though it's not Japanese, so I don't know if it'll work for some of you :D

I've actually had a look at it earlier and it's good stuff. :)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I am getting the phantom pain for more OPM... :/

Sundays were OPM days for the past few months.

Also I have seen that last episode like a few dozen times at least. I have also watched like 10 different live reaction videos of the last episode. I just can't get enough of it!

Haha, same. And I NEVER watch live reaction videos.

Sami+

I've seen the first two episodes like six times and still can't help but laugh, what a great introduction.

"Mosquitos... suck."

Liamario

Banned
eO6Eg0E.gif

Took 3 images and a small bit of education in photoshop.

Kolx

Just finished the last episode of the show. The dialogue and the settings is great plus the some of the characters are really lovable. Also that final fighting scene is INSANE! The plot on the other hand is mediocre at best which is unfortunate. I'd say for me personally it's 7/10 and probably won't continue watching the show unless they improve the story when the show starts again.

Jintor

lol what's wrong with ya'll, it's not like this is some *scientific* poll

you think the OST of the year crowd has to play every game this year to vote? come on

We need informed voters man, not 1-off fanboys

That's like showing Mad Max to a dude who just woke out of a decade long coma and then asking him to vote on 2015's best movie based on that alone
Please don't listen to him, while it'd be nice for a separate list made of only people who at least watched 10+ shows, this is fair game for everybody.

HeelPower

What absolute garbage.

Complete waste of good animation.I guess people like it cuz its pretty.

Man would be nice to redirect these efforts into the One Piece anime or something.Oh well...Not watching after episode 4.

DeaviL

Banned
What absolute garbage.

Complete waste of good animation.I guess people like it cuz its pretty.

Man would be nice to redirect these efforts into the One Piece anime or something.Oh well...Not watching after episode 4.

What are you trying to prove?
That objectively terrible opinions exist?

Mudcrab

What absolute garbage.

Complete waste of good animation. I guess people like it cuz its pretty.

What's worse this post or the one where someone claims that only people who watch all anime should be able to publicly declare which one they liked the most this year?

Defuser

What's worse this post or the one where someone claims that only people who watch all anime should be able to publicly declare which one they liked the most this year?

To be fair if One Punch Man didn't have stunning visuals and direction nobody will give a shit about it even if the comedy is good.

To be fair if One Punch Man didn't have stunning visuals and direction nobody will give a shit about it.

Not even true, people cared about the webcomic before the Murata version came out. Sure, the Murata version is way more popular but if people enjoy the ONE webcomic its obvious that its enjoyable outside of just the looks.

Defuser

Not even true, people cared about the webcomic before the Murata version came out. Sure, the Murata version is way more popular but if people enjoy the ONE webcomic its obvious that its enjoyable outside of just the looks.
I'm talking about people who never read ONE's webcomic. If Murata didn't remake ONE's webcomic with dazzling visuals you won't be seeing the massive popularity boost it got that leads to the anime. I'm damn sure Mob Psycho upcoming anime is due to OPM's popularity thanks to Murata and some due to Madhouse.

The comedy is literally what makes the show
So does Gintama and it's comedy but you don't see casuals being interested in it. It takes two hands to clap.

Kieli

To be fair if One Punch Man didn't have stunning visuals and direction nobody will give a shit about it even if the comedy is good.

The original webcomic had crappy art, but was still really popular (and really good).

Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Defuser

The original webcomic had crappy art, but was still really popular (and really good).

Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

But, the webcomic got really popular and looked like this:

The fact that it's good is what transcended how shitty it looked.
I'm talking about the anime not the webcomic. If it came with shitty/average visuals people wouldn't be hooked or have a shitton of posts in the thread even if the comedy is good.
Considering the hype is also generated by Murata's drawings in gif form if it was ONE's drawings in gif form then nobody will care.

I'm talking about the anime not the webcomic. If it came with shitty/average visuals people wouldn't be hooked or have a shitton of posts in the tread even if the comedy is good.

That's probably true. We'll see what reactions Mob Psycho gets, even if the art is way better then ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom