• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that Saitama is officially the dumbest registered hero if he got a perfect 50 on the physical, something very few people can do, which would make his 21 on the written part the lowest possible score among registered heroes.
He isn't dumb. More than likely he just answered questions with too much honesty or found the quiz too boring to care. He's only a hero for fun, after all.

He isn't dumb. More than likely he just answered questions with too much honesty or found the quiz too boring to care. He's only a hero for fun, after all.

Yeah, which kind of falls in line with Genos' opinions of the tests too. Except Genos is smart enough to be somewhat tactful.

Mupod

I like to think he answered every question with "I punch it".

But really Genos is right, if the point of the test is to gauge how heroic you are then if Saitama doesn't ace it the test is bullshit. To me the best parts of the manga are when they explore the whole meaning of what it is to be a 'hero', and how few people in that universe other than Saitama really understand. This gets explored really well in a few side chapters I hope get animated.

Jintor

lol whenever people talk about saitama being a real hero i think about him knocking out that titan in ep 1 and accidentally destroying city B

/edit 'knocking out'

Maximo

My god I have rewtched that fight at least 6 tines, so gooood. Even got my SO into One Punch after she saw the "Sonic Gif" that went around social media, finds it funny and was dissapointed when we reached episode 4 and had to wait for the rest.

Puruzi

Banned
you not liking it doesn't mean it has no story and mainly comedy
garou arc's story is pretty meaningful for example

I said the story isn't anything special. Never said it doesn't have a story. It is mainly comedy, and that's a fact.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
7a6e9172fe179484a8fb362f41038616-d9etygc.jpg

Source

WHO WINS?! WHO LOSES?! YOU DECIDE!

Only seen the anime up to this point, but Superman has been outright beaten multiple times even without kryptonite. Saitama's whole thing is being downright overpowered, which would probably put him above Superman.

Batman might have a better chance since Saitama is such an idiot.

Actually, you probably should just sick Joseph Joestar on him, since Kars was basically as overpowered as Saitama and JoJo still found a way to beat him.

Hypron

Saitama would win any fight because that's just what his character is all about. The whole premise of the series is pretty much "what would happen if the main character in a shonen was overwhelmingly stronger than literally everyone else from the get-go".

Only seen the anime up to this point, but Superman has been outright beaten multiple times even without kryptonite. Saitama's whole thing is being downright overpowered, which would probably put him above Superman.

Batman might have a better chance since Saitama is such an idiot.

Actually, you probably should just sick Joseph Joestar on him, since Kars was basically as overpowered as Saitama and JoJo still found a way to beat him.

Kars is OP, but not that OP. There are some S class heroes that could beat him with little effort.

Froli

I know this might sound silly but, if Saitama can produce so much force and speed with each kick or punch producing shockwaves while jumping in the air...Can he mimic flight?

The downside to this is destruction it will cause around him lol.

NEO0MJ

don't bring physics into this

Yeah. I mean he just punched the canyon apart without touching it, even though blonde cyborg was directly in front of him he wasn't harmed. If caped baldy wanted I have no doubt he can fly by flapping his arms without harming anything.

Tacitus_

Plugging some numbers to Wolfram Alpha, Saitama can jump (spoiler contains speed)
at speeds of up to 0.05 -0.1 c AKA a reasonable fraction of light speed.
So he can give physics the proverbial middle finger.

Hypron

Plugging some numbers to Wolfram Alpha, Saitama can jump
at speeds of up to 0.05 -0.1 c AKA a reasonable fraction of light speed.
So he can give physics the proverbial middle finger.

lol :p (
still probably more scientifically accurate than what the Death Battle guys do
)

Which scene did you use to calculate that?

Wow this show has just been surpassing all of my expectations of what animes bring to the table so far. This is fucking great and funny. Loving the fact that Saitama is at least getting recognition from the hero association, I'm seeing some S missions given by them for "Caped Baldy" in the future. Seriously hoping that hero nickname sticks XD.

Tacitus_

lol :p (
still probably more scientifically accurate than what the Death Battle guys do
)

Which scene did you use to calculate that?

Saitama vs Boros
(opponent name only, no details) once this gets animated we can get proper numbers since estimating time is hard from panels

Yep it would be awesome, but that would mean...
no Fubuki and no King, and that's just sad.

One of the reason why last episode was kinda of a big deal was that Sweet Mask was introduced much earlier than in manga, in a different way I might add. The same could happen to those two, all things considered they do have official art portraits and are featured in the promotional material in the OP.

They might not have big roles, but they'll be there.

NEO0MJ

Why are people still heavily discussing Manga spoilers? You can have that conversation in the Manga thread if you feel so compelled to have it.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
... 25 and 19 are old now?

There should be more anime/manga/VN/LN with older characters 20+ (outside school). I'm quite bored with teenagers as protags.

btw what does Saitama do as a job? I know he is doing the hero stuff on his free time or did I got something wrong?

There should be more anime/manga/VN/LN with older characters 20+ (outside school). I'm quite bored with teenagers as protags.

btw what does Saitama do as a job? I know he is doing the hero stuff on his free time or did I got something wrong?

I'd at least like to see some more college students, if they really must go to class between bouts of world saving.

Evilisk

Kirby will eat Saitama and poop him out while stealing his power (like in smash bros) then both will proceed to hit each others punch destroying the reality around them.

Nah, Saitama would just punch him as he's getting sucked up (that's assuming Kirby would be able to suck him up at all, Saitama's reflexes are absurd)

He quit his job to be a hero, so I'm assuming odd jobs or people thanking him.

But now that he's a registered hero, he's probably got a meager salary.

inkls

Read the Manga and the webcomic and was pleasantly surprised to learn this existed a few weeks ago.

Think my biggest and only disappointment so far is the name translations.

Licenceless rider
Also not translating the name of the hero association founder to chinner (which would be a better hint as to who saved his grandson if the chin wasn't obvious enough)
Sweet mask
Doctor stinky

Not sure why.

Anyway, looking forward to the rest of the episodes. Really enjoying it.

Also did anyone get the EVA01 ref in episode 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom