• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ T

Banned
Amazing animation as usual, perfect comedic timing.

Continued disappointment with the name translations. Some of them are so good and when they're not full translated the meaning is just completely lost on people. This is really poor judgment on the localization team's part.

ChouGoku

Amazing animation as usual, perfect comedic timing.

Continued disappointment with the name translations. Some of them are so good and when they're not full translated the meaning is just completely lost on people. This is really poor judgment on the localization team's part.

Yea I always have to look up the name on the wiki because I couldn't remember everyone's name in from the manga. The translations worked very well

Anung

Un Rama
Episode 5 gif
lXjsKtI.gif

Perfect.

Macheezmo

It's not often that I fall in love with a show instantly, but this show is just the greatest thing I've seen in my life. Easily in my top 3 favorites of all time already.

HOLY SHIT

Like HOLY SHIT

This or Episode 1. Probably this. Well maybe episode 1. Argh

That fucking fight guys. That fucking fight was goddamn amazing

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
They're totally doing justice to Murata's version while adding their own flavor to it, fantastic job so far. I've been talking about the manga with some friends for a good while and I'm glad I'll be able to recommend the anime too.

I don't know about you guys, but my favorite piece of animation was after Saitama held back on the death punch, tapped Genos on the nose, and then sauntered away with his felix the cat cartoon walk.

Definitely a great part. And then when we see the aftermath of his punch, got damn.

Hypron

I think every single episode has been awesome so far. The animation quality has been very consistent and the animators really go all in for the important fights. Considering the manga only gets better as it goes along I'm extremely excited to see everything animated.

And I'll agree with everyone saying that part where Saitama stops his punch and walks away with his goofy gait just cracked me up.

all the episodes have been amazing so far, but I think my order is this:

1 > 5 >= 3 > 2 > 4

I love 3 b/c of Carnage Kabuto fight and Consecutive Normal Punches

Skrams

4 is my least favorite as well.

1 > 5 > 3 > 2 >4

I think this is how it's working out for me too. It's hard to top 1 for me so far since it blew me away as the first impression. I'm also just dying to see certain parts animated so I have a hard time gauging anything right now. I'm just too frothing at the mouth for later shit.

Also I have to keep saying this music is wonderful. The sad trumpets? or whatever it was during Saitama learning he got C class. One of them sounded like they were dying and it was perfect.

I didn't know so many people would have 4 as their least favorite. Idk where's I'd rank the rest, I just know 4 would be the lowest. It was still a good episode of course though.

I didn't know so many people would have 4 as their least favorite. Idk where's I'd rank the rest, I just know 4 would be the lowest. It was still a good episode of course though.

4 isn't a bad episode by any means. the scenes with sonic are fantastically animated, it's just that cooler stuff happens in the other episodes I think

Siegcram

I wish they would have left out the "a" in the "It's as if a god resides in Saitama's body".
Would have made the line that much more epic.

Otherwise 11/10 episode as per usual, would oppai again.

Edit: Ack. Sorry, dipped back into black bar heavy conversation. Deleted! Gonna stick to anime talk only going forward.

Instead here's a sign of just how devoted Genos is to his master:

09k7oij.jpg

convo

Yeah but they could always change it in later volumes or something like he's possessed by a god or something.

Nah that sounds more like the weak ass backstory of a future monster/opponent that gets obliterated immediately. I am pretty sure they are sticking with the old explanation, it just makes the other guys look like even bigger chumps. It's all in good fun.

Hypron

I think we kinda need to stop talking about the manga or avoid putting anime stuff behind spoiler bars.

Because this thread is a complete mine field. One post will have stuff about the current episode behind spoiler bars and the next will have manga spoilers behind spoiler bars - with no indication which is which. It must be pretty annoying for first time viewers.

Kieli

I think we kinda need to stop talking about the manga or avoid putting anime stuff behind spoiler bars.

Because this thread is a complete mine field. One post will have stuff about the current episode behind spoiler bars and the next will have manga spoilers behind spoiler bars - with no indication which is which. It must be pretty annoying for first time viewers.

Agreed. It's impossible to tell which spoilers are episode-only vs. manga-free-for-all.

7a6e9172fe179484a8fb362f41038616-d9etygc.jpg

Source

WHO WINS?! WHO LOSES?! YOU DECIDE!
Amazing art! Saitama's power set reminds me a lot of Golden Age Superman, too. He can't fly, but can leap high enough and control his movement while airborne that it gives the effect. Super-speed, strength, invulnerability etc. Certainly an easy comparison to make.

Edit: That Saitama fanclub, ahaha. Too good.

DonMigs85

Actually a lot of recent anime had nice, clean animation. Even the likes of Himouto! Umaru-chan and Ore Monogatari. Japan and Korea are basically keeping hand-drawn animation alive at this point.

I'm amazed this has remained consistent. I never would have guessed it could live up to the Murata manga, but goddamn. At this rate, this could absolutely be an anime phenomenon in the west.

Hypron

I'm amazed this has remained consistent. I never would have guessed it could live up to the Murata manga, but goddamn. At this rate, this could absolutely be an anime phenomenon in the west.

Yeah, people were making jokes about OPM being the first manga to have better animation than its anime adaptation... But boy were they wrong.

I'd love for that to be the case but I think the low episode count will work against it in that regard.

Edit:

Yeah, people were making jokes about OPM being the first manga to have better animation than its anime adaptation... But boy were they wrong.
I was one of those people. I had no idea MadHouse would bring it so hard.

Puruzi

Banned
I am honestly worried about one thing though

Manga spoilers, but really it's an incredibly small one without context

The amount of detail put into the ship in the manga was extreme
Honestly don't think that that's going to look anywhere as good.

Hypron

I was one of those people. I had no idea MadHouse would bring it so hard.

That was me, I was dumb, should have looked at who was actually on the show

Hahaha :p This is one of those times where you love to be proven wrong.

On another note, I read this in the hulu comments:

I'm sure that the case of Geno's arm change is that Genos has several parts to modify himself for whatever situation. In this case during the "sparring" match just like in the manga, there's suppose to be a fine print on his hands that literally reads "Anti-Saitama Buster". Then he'll change back to his regular arms (until he upgrades them)

Is that true? Because that's hilarious.

I am honestly worried about one thing though

Manga spoilers, but really it's an incredibly small one without context

The amount of detail put into the ship in the manga was extreme
Honestly don't think that that's going to look anywhere as good.

Maybe not, but one thing is going to be absolutely insane....THAT fight. It will be absolutely legendary if they keep up this ludicrous quality.

Jintor

Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask and the joke about Chinner was completely lost in translation, wtf

oh well, i'm just here for the Sasuga and boy was that some sweet Sasuga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom