• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cess007

Caped Pigeon
Power: Martial Arts
Secret Ability: Can wink with either eye
Weakness: Pervert

Holy shit! They know!

Anyway, on the episode. I'm kinda grateful they saved the battle for the next episode, that battle requires and deserves a top-notch animation! Can't wait!

JDSN

Banned
The Puri Puri character was pure unadulterated trash, I shame because the series is supposed to be parody this exact shit. Sonic was great this episode, im glad that this weaker heroes are showing up since they get some interesting fights compared to Saitama.

The Puri Puri character was pure unadulterated trash, I shame because the series is suppose to be parody this exact shit. Sonic was great this episode, im glad that this weaker heroes are showing up since they get some interesting fights compared to Saitama.

yeah puri puri is by far the biggest weakness in the show in terms of portrayals. I just like to imagine that Japan in general is really behind on this front. But then we have shows like Family Guy who do the same shit.

Skrams

>That feeling when the source material looks better than the anime. Anyone else feel this was an ugly/rushed episode? Guess they're saving the budget but it was noticeably bad in spots. The whole conflict honestly lacked tension as they sped through scenes of heroes we know nothing about getting rekt. The dome scene with the heroes standing up against sea King was the best part. Hopefully the next episode delivers. Seeing Sonic running naked in the rain is still great though.

ifJPnpv.png

It's really not that much of a step down and I wouldn't call it anywhere near ugly. I thought a lot of this episode looked fantastic. If you have problems with the tension then that carries over to the manga as well since there was little difference with those scenes besides a bonus chapter elaborating on Puri Puri Prisoner the tiniest bit. The heroes defending the evacuation center actually had a little more screentime in the manga, but eh. My hopes lie on this episode being rushed so the next episode gets it's full due while we're left with the 3 part finale.

Dahbomb

They skipped a bunch of scenes including the prison scene. I guess they didn't want to focus on that Puri Puri character too much (probably for the best although there were a couple of nice Sonic moments in it).

Damn so many people got fucking CLAPPED this episode.

YESSSS This was another one I wanted to see animated and it was just as good. Sure it still had bad writing written all over it but it was still enjoyable in execution. Puri Puri Prisoner got a great voice and indicating the truth about some of the characters, theyre so good looking, especially Sonic, and Genos (and stinger and lightning and a few others).

tumblr_ny8b0hdjk31snosjno2_540.gif

Sonic was perfection incarnate, they gave him the best song on the ost for his battle and crack crack snap snap lol. I need more as it was stunning. Character Designer drew him so well. Still Sonic Genos is what we need some day.
tumblr_ny862uqXZC1r0o6hro1_540.jpg

Puruzi

Banned
They skipped a bunch of scenes including the prison scene. I guess they didn't want to focus on that Puri Puri character too much (probably for the best although there were a couple of nice Sonic moments in it).

Prison thing was a side chapter, those probably aren't getting adapted

NEO0MJ

So Sea King will be the first real boss of the show? I wonder if he's related to Subterranean King.

Also, is it OK to call this episode fan-servicy? Because it totally felt that way to me.

Crocodile

I'm kind of disappointed they cut the prison scene because I remember it being pretty hilarious though I'm a bit concerned I may have forgotten some bad parts of it based on some comments in here.

With regards to Puri Puri Prisoner, I thought his portrayal was fine EXCEPT for the line about why he was in jail. I thought I just remembered it as something like "he just likes to hang around dudes/these dudes because its fun" but apparently I remembered it wrong and the actual reason is..........yeah :/ I hope that gets sniped or changed for the eventual English dub.

Overall I enjoyed the episode but it wasn't as swaggerffic as I would have liked. Mumen Rider seems to be getting extra screen time which is cool. He
has a really awesome moment next episode so I hope they nail that.

>That feeling when the source material looks better than the anime. Anyone else feel this was an ugly/rushed episode? Guess they're saving the budget but it was noticeably bad in spots. The whole conflict honestly lacked tension as they sped through scenes of heroes we know nothing about getting rekt. The dome scene with the heroes standing up against sea King was the best part. Hopefully the next episode delivers. Seeing Sonic running naked in the rain is still great though.

Hyperbole much? I don't think some of the animation setpieces were as impressive as they were in previous episodes (like even just the last one with the meteor) but the episode looked fine.

Prison thing was a side chapter, those probably aren't getting adapted

Episode 6 was like half+ side-chapter though

Zanosuke

What. Ugly? I thought this episode looked amazing o_O

Chaos17

The prison part is an extra chapter, so it isn't part of the main story.

Skrams

So Sea King will be the first real boss of the show? I wonder if he's related to Subterranean King.

Also, is it OK to call this episode fan-servicy? Because it totally felt that way to me.
Yeah, he's the first real big boss.

DTL is happy, so yes?
I'm kind of disappointed they cut the prison scene because I remember it being pretty hilarious though I'm a bit concerned I may have forgotten some bad parts of it based on some comments in here.

With regards to Puri Puri Prisoner, I thought his portrayal was fine EXCEPT for the line about why he was in jail. I thought I just remembered it as something like "he just likes to hang around dudes/these dudes because its fun" but apparently I remembered it wrong and the actual reason is..........yeah :/ I hope that gets sniped or changed for the eventual English dub.

Overall I enjoyed the episode but it wasn't as swaggerffic as I would have liked. Mumen Rider seems to be getting extra screen time which is cool. He
has a really awesome moment next episode so I hope they nail that.

Episode 6 was like half+ side-chapter though
Episode 6 was entirely mainline chapters. The Rumor with the seaweed is not a bonus chapter.

Prison scene has some funny parts, but also has puri puri prisoner saying things like,
"As punishment later...I'll deep kiss all of them," when referring to Sonic and the others making a ruckus. Now if that means just a kiss or uh, you know, then that's to be decided. The prisoners say if they're good he lets them off with a kiss on the cheek, so dunno.
Also has him
justifying in his head about how he captures criminals to add to his personal harem at the prison. He thinks it's fine because they're criminals. There's a big bubble acknowledging that he's wrong right next to it.

I thought last week's ep was the weakest and thoroughly enjoyed ep8. But then I already knew it was going to be a build up episode ending on a cliffhanger, probably like every other manga reader here. I wonder if that's playing a part in the different reactions and varied opinions so far.

Sonic action, more Licenseless Rider, some nice scenes with other minor heroes and the Sea King. And more of the amazing soundtrack! Great episode. It's a rollercoaster here on out, and I can't wait till ep9.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Oh yeah, now I'm forgetting things. Oh well, it would've been better for them to have adapted that part, in the anime it kinda feels like Sonic and Prisoner just show up out of nowhere

I think that the backstory you're talking about wasn't part of the original web comic but I'm not 100% confident in that memory myself. It feels like its been so long ago :S

Oh, now I know for sure Puri Puri is trash.

He would be a cool character if he wasn't so "rapey."

kabel

Just discovered this thread and decided to watch an anime.

Holy shit thats good. Done with episode 3 and I really like the humor.

Uhhh, this was one of the best looking episodes so far?

Draxal

yeah puri puri is by far the biggest weakness in the show in terms of portrayals. I just like to imagine that Japan in general is really behind on this front. But then we have shows like Family Guy who do the same shit.

I'll be honest, the reason I was kinda looking forward to him showing up, is so that I could have a mental voice for every DTL post (and he approves of the voice so it works).

Puri-Puri-Prisoner is pretty bad but he's just the Okama type and they are always like that. Japanese views on homosexuality are far less progressive then ours.

Draxal

Puri-Puri-Prisoner is pretty bad but he's just the Okama type and they are always like that. Japanese views on homosexuality are far less progressive then ours.

He wouldn't be that bad if the prison rape wasn't so implied, the prison rape is the really offputting thing about him.

Arken2121

Anyone have issue with the mobile app where when you select the episode, the circle swirls but then boots you back to the selection screen? I wanna watch this so badly.

Edit. NM fixed it.

Sent

When reading it it feels exactly as it's shown. Sea King runs through them like nothing.

Sami+

Loved the ep but damn that cliffhanger. I liked Sonic getting some screen time without getting totally wrecked lol.

Puri Puri was funny. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

One Punch Man - 08

Lotta Sonic love this episode plus nude Sonic as well. Sea King was wrecking everybody but the fight scene with him and Sonic was fun to watch.

I get the hate for Puri PuriPrisioner, but I always rooted for him, and still do because he is by far the weakest S class and yet it totally seemed possible for a few pages that he could save the day without Saitama, and I just root for any character anytime that happens.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

The episode looked good as always, but the awful copypaste in this scene really jumped out for me. It know that's typical for this kind of take, but it's usually masked way better.

The episode looked good as always, but the awful copypaste in this scene really jumped out for me. It know that's typical for this kind of take, but it's usually masked way better.

Compare civilians faces from 8 to episode 1, and you wouldn't even tell it is the same show to be honest.

Mumen rider seems like a gag character, I don't know why you people like him
License-less is consistently the second or third most popular character in OPM every poll and for good reason! So you're probably seeing a lot of favor for him from fans who were already endeared to his character before the anime started. He's a real human being and a real hero!

Mumen rider seems like a gag character, I don't know why you people like him

Pretty much everyone is a gag character though. Maybe it's not portrayed as well in the anime, but he never gives up and never backs down when people are in need. He'll grab a balloon stuck in a tree and ride off to fight an all powerful sea king even though he knows he's way out of his league. He shares Saitama's philosophy, but without the super strength to back it up. Threat levels? Who gives a shit. People need help and that's enough of a reason to show up.

tl;dr: The kid's got moxie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom