• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn son, dat cliffhanger. I mean, I know how it goes, but still... they really nailed Sea King's menace. Dude is scarier than anybody with heart shaped nipples has any right to be.

Damn son, dat cliffhanger. I mean, I know how it goes, but still... they really nailed Sea King's menace. Dude is scarier than anybody with heart shaped nipples has any right to be.
Yep. More credit to MadHouse, I think they even went farther than Murata is portraying the Sea King as a terrifying foe. His encounter with Lightning Max was awesome.

License-less is consistently the second or third most popular character in OPM every poll and for good reason! So you're probably seeing a lot of favor for him from fans who were already endeared to his character before the anime started. He's a real human being and a real hero!

That's what I sensed from him today after the other C heroes told it was hopeless, but then he goes to help anyway.
Can't wait to see what License-less Rider achieves in the anime.

License less Rider is the best character and you won't convince me otherwise.

He's Yamcha. Except he knows he's Yamcha but still tries his best no matter what.

License less Rider is the best character and you won't convince me otherwise.

He's Yamcha. Except he knows he's Yamcha but still tries his best no matter what.

He's not, really. He's not a jobber because nobody ever hyped him up as a badass, not even himself. He's just a regular guy trying his damnedest to be a hero, even when he knows he's categorically outclassed.

Definitely the best person on the show, even if he's not necessarily the most interesting character.

He's not, really. He's not a jobber because nobody ever hyped him up as a badass, not even himself. He's just a regular guy trying his damnedest to be a hero, even when he knows he's categorically outclassed.

Definitely the best person on the show, even if he's not necessarily the most interesting character.

License Less Rider is the epitome of Saitama's attitude and beliefs of what makes a hero. Except he doesn't have Saitama's training / power level.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, that cliffhanger. Mumen Rider was hilarious all episode, was the prisoner hero a parody of JoJo btw?

Good episode but it felt...rushed? I dunno. I remember the manga drawing out Pru-Pru and the Sea King's fight and there being more involvement with the shelter, heroes and Sea King. Building up the citizens reactions and such about the heroes hiding with them and standing up for them then getting decimated. Oh well. Next week should be amazing.

Nice easter egg tossed in from Murata/ONE's oneshot, Gokiburi Buster:

7xGL4tA.png

7848c02df9c9d923cf748ca8c06203d7.jpg

I've shown the anime to my non-anime watching friends and they all think it's frigging hilarious. It's just a shame the show hasn't gained a wider traction with the non-anime audience who probably don't even give it a chance.

Dugna

out of all the lincenless rider stuff this episode, I actually got a laugh out of the "darn what a time to hit a red light" scene where he meets saitama in the rain.

Evilisk

I was more reminded of Masayoshi Hazama from Samurai Flamenco, but if he was dropped into OPM, and the story didn't revolved around him.

Think about it. Masayoshi always wanted to be a superhero, and in the OPM universe it is an actual occupation. He would totally have gone for it. They both have a strong sense of justice and they still go into hopeless situations because of that. Hell, they both use bicycles and even follow the red lights, even in an emergency.

out of all the lincenless rider stuff this episode, I actually got a laugh out of the "darn what a time to hit a red light" scene where he meets saitama in the rain.

Lol, it makes even less sense when you consider the fact that there's no reason to abide by Traffic laws in an evacuated city

I know that, but at least everyone else is able to do something

He embodies the spirit of a hero in the same way that firefighters and paramedics do. They're just regular people who put themselves in dangerous situations because they want to help people.

Besides, his power is riding his bicycle of justice. Are you saying that's not something?

I wouldn't mind many of these B-heroes if they didn't take the credit from Saitama.

It's bad enough nobody takes him seriously, but stealing his credit is worst.

All he wants is a fangirl group.

Regiruler

He embodies the spirit of a hero in the same way that firefighters and paramedics do. They're just regular people who put themselves in dangerous situations because they want to help people.

Besides, his power is riding his bicycle of justice. Are you saying that's not something?

My biggest issue is that, outside a few scenes, this ep didn't do comedy very well (stopping at a stoplight in a deserted city when Sea King is about to kill an entire stadium felt really off to me), and throwing a "regular guy" into the mix just makes it worse.

Puruzi

Banned
I wouldn't mind many of these B-heroes if they didn't take the credit from Saitama.

It's bad enough nobody takes him seriously, but stealing his credit is worst.

All he wants is a fangirl group.

Spoilers for next episode

Doesn't he intentionally shit on himself after the Seaking is done

Skrams

My biggest issue is that, outside a few scenes, this ep didn't do comedy very well (stopping at a stoplight in a deserted city when Sea King is about to kill an entire stadium felt really off to me), and throwing a "regular guy" into the mix just makes it worse.
He has to obey the traffic laws. He's a hero for justice. Do you honestly think his sense of justice would allow him to disobey the law? If he ran that red light then he'd be on a slippery slope of where his sense of justice lies. How can a man truly have a sense of justice if he can't even obey the simplest of traffic laws. If he ran that red light it would eat at his very soul forever.
Spoilers for next episode

Doesn't he intentionally shit on himself after the Seaking is done

Correct

Draxal

That is until there is a season two teaser at the end of episode 12 and a second season comes in 5 months.

Please

PLEASE GOD

There's not enough source material (I mean there is if they're using One's version which they could, but I don't think they want to pass Murata's manga).

Thousands of people have already died in this show for the sake of comedy and spectacle.

Are the asshole Tank Top brothers in the last episode are more heroic than Mumen Rider simply because they are stronger and fight better? Him being a regular guy makes him standout in a sea of super human heroes. We get the impression that he climbed the ranks slowly by retrieving balloons stuck in trees and helping old ladies cross the street. Not by chasing big bounties and crushing rookies. But through persistence and determination and the desire to help anyone with any task. Things that none of these glory hogs would even waste their breath on.

Not enough material in the redraw

There's enough if they use the webcomic, but I doubt they will
I think there's more than enough material for 12 more episodes using the non-printed version of Murata's adaptation, with its abundance of side stories, bonus chapters and the current filler arc.

Edit: Wait wait, did someone call Licenseless a dumb ass hero?

*gets out pitchfork

This episode was such a damn tease

So many great moments though. Sonic was on POINT, DSK handing out punishment like candy, a great "Time to get serious" look from Saitama. Mercy.

Next episode is going to be nuts, I can feel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom