• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrams

Yeah, Daisuki seems to be getting straight fucked. I couldn't sign in for higher quality streaming and now error pages. Hulu it is then.

Not

Banned
"Not" =

Delinquent Ninja
Power: Super-Strength
Secret Ability: Ambidextrous
Weakness: Problematic

Awwww yeah. Ambidextrous to a problematic extent

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Cool Goddess
Power: Super-Speed
Secret Ability: Parkour
Weakness: Likes yaoi

GAF Name:
Caped Guy
Secret Ability: Photographic memory
Weakness: Pervert

k...

Not

Banned
Pic for episode 8

hAklxBY.jpg

Dear god, the manscaping

says slow connection for me

Yeah, Daisuki seems to be getting straight fucked. I couldn't sign in for higher quality streaming and now error pages. Hulu it is then.

Network error ;_; rip daisuki lol

Really?, I just finished the episode at 1080p :3

Oh!, and I remember that I always get the network error when I'm signin from any page other than directly from www.daisuki.net, but if you sign in, get the network error and then go to any anime page you'll be signed and be able to watch any stream in hd

Now, regarding this chapter. Nake
d people everywhere.

Ultratech

Yeah, I didn't have any issues watching the new episode.

Also, that pic for Ep8 is accurate...

Wow, the Deep Sea King is pretty crazy strong. Next episode should be good.
Puri Puri Prisoner was hilarious. Had to laugh that he wasn't joking about the Angel thing.

Skrams

I'm not crazy right, Sea King was Rikiya Koyama aka Takamura right? That's pretttttty gooooood.

Overall, I'm a little disappointed at the episode feeling a bit rushed, but I'm also in love with how much more screen time Licenseless Rider is getting. They're also swapping a few events here and there to get through a little faster or make more time for added scenes. I think I'm probably fine with it though as I feel like the buildup and fast pace would be so they can take their sweet time with the next episode. Also more focus on the Hero Association is cool too. Beard guy is an alright guy.

The scenes that I miss are
the building coming down with Lightning Max in it and the bonus chapter with the prison break possibly not showing up?
Not anime spoilers, just a scene cut from one of the fights this episode and a bonus chapter that might not get animated.

I also wonder if there will be any backlash to puri puri prisoner. His role kind of felt smaller to me, so I'm not sure if anyone will get hung up on him or not.

Parshias7

The scenes that I miss are
the building coming down with Lightning Max in it and the bonus chapter with the prison break possibly not showing up?
Not anime spoilers, just a scene cut from one of the fights this episode and a bonus chapter that might not get animated.

They've skipped all the bonus chapters so far, (although the other bonus chapters haven't really been related to the regular story) so I doubt we'll see any of them this season.

Skrams

Also man, fuck dood at the rain hitting the ground during some of the scenes. I wanted to stare at it a bit. It's not Garden of Words, but it's pretty fucking good looking.

And henshin and the music during henshin and I can't deal man. And Sonic's Wind Blade Leggg.

They've skipped all the bonus chapters so far, (although the other bonus chapters haven't really been related to the regular story) so I doubt we'll see any of them this season.

Yeah, considering that's the only one actually fills in a small gap of the story makes it something I thought they might include.

Real Name
Meme Rider
Power: None
Secret Ability: Ambidextrous
Weakness: Relatively useless

GAF Handle
Cool Ninja
Power: Super-Speed
Secret Ability: Graduated college
Weakness: Terrible timing

Numb

Real

Supreme Ninja
Power: Weapon Mastery
Secret Ability: Motorcycle license
Weakness: Narcissist

Gaf

Caped Pigeon
Power: Telekinesis
Secret Ability: Can talk to goldfish
Weakness: Chicken nugget obsession

Someone leaked my nugget obsession

Draxal

I really like Mumen Rider and the added scenes they gave him this episode, and hope they add his story into the next one.

Skrams

Really trying to clear out that chunk for the last 3 episodes. Or trying to give the next episode even more of it's due time. Sea King could of probably squeaked in 3 episodes if it was possible.

Another little bummer is they didn't show the heroes totally eating it from Deep Sea King in the shelter. That Snek addition was good though. I'm also not sure how the physics or gravity work on Licenseless Rider pedaling away and then the phone dropping after a few seconds super far away from him. Then Saitama does the phone pose before he gets any relevant information on where to go. It's a little weird.

Enjoyed a bunch of the still shots of highly detailed Sea King. Man, it might of been a little rushed, but damn, I still love it so much.

And Sea King's little fucking pose when first talking to Sonic.

heh, I gain strength if i use my full name:

(with just Chris)
Lightning Guy
Power: Rich
Secret Ability: Many followers on social media
Weakness: Sibling complex

(with Christopher)
Eyepatch Dude
Secret Ability: Great Fashion-sense
Weakness: Likes vaporwave

Gafname
Supreme King
Power: ???
Secret Ability: Motorcycle license
Weakness: Cries a lot

Awesome episode building up to next week. Did that model hero cut his hair to resemble Genos? Completely pointless cameo by him just to announce a song. What up with the bicycle hero, does he have a death wish or what, he is totally not gonna help at all by the looks of it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Beefy Queen
Power: ???
Secret Ability: Many followers on social media
Weakness: Terrible timing

What the fuck is this

Edit: Yes, my middle name gave me an upgrade

Supreme Queen
Power: Intelligence
Secret Ability: Comes from a rich family
Weakness: Terrible memory

Exalted

Was hoping for some Genos vs Sea king action which was hinted at the begining, so i'm kinda displeased that there was no Genos or Saitama action this episode.
Does the Sea King chapter end next week?

Yeah having not read the source material recently they probably are rushing through the material, but they're also at episode 8 and still haven't reached the finale arc. They probably do want episodes 10-12 to be the final arc, which is fine by me.

As to the episode itself, outside of the intro going straight to the action I didn't really feel it rushed. If they had taken like a minute or two to set-up the sea creatures coming out of the sea and people running away, it would have been better. But it's a minimal complaint. Fights were great as always, and regardless next episode should be hype.

Guess they're pulling for a 3 part finale.

Oh wait, we're on ep 8. X(

Episode 9 should end this arc, then 10-12 finale. You guessed right.

Phatmac

>That feeling when the source material looks better than the anime. Anyone else feel this was an ugly/rushed episode? Guess they're saving the budget but it was noticeably bad in spots. The whole conflict honestly lacked tension as they sped through scenes of heroes we know nothing about getting rekt. The dome scene with the heroes standing up against sea King was the best part. Hopefully the next episode delivers. Seeing Sonic running naked in the rain is still great though.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Gotta re-arrange stuff to fit Blizzard in, BELIEVE.

I would totally buy this even to the point that they'll change canon. This series has been quite the crowd pleaser so they know how to give the people what they want. The people have spoken!

Puruzi

Banned
>That feeling when the source material looks better than the anime. Anyone else feel this was an ugly/rushed episode? Guess they're saving the budget but it was noticeably bad in spots. The whole conflict honestly lacked tension as they sped through scenes of heroes we know nothing about getting rekt. The dome scene with the heroes standing up against sea King was the best part. Hopefully the next episode delivers. Seeing Sonic running naked in the rain is still great though.

How was this episode ugly? what

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom