• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

Yen

With my order, it said "Processing" basically from the day I ordered until 6 hours before the postman delivered it (ordered Friday night, delivered Wednesday afternoon, and I live in Northern Ireland which normally adds a day extra to delivery time).

Hammer24

Banned
List has been updated once again.

I finally got the money together to buy the phone but the invites came too early (and I gave them out). So does anyone have a spare one and is willing to share it?

As soon as I get my invites, you´re the first I´m gonna think of! :)

Paradicia

Hey guys, been looking around for a new phone and this suits my taste and needs. If I could be added to the waiting list for an invite, that'd be great!

Does anyone have a problem where the art of my album the lockscreen keeps going away when playing music? It just goes back to my regular wallpaper after the first time I check it. Annoying as shit.

keezy

My device's status finally changed from "Processing" to "Complete". I should have it tomorrow. Hopefully I get some invites soon and spread the wealth back here.

PuMa

Hey guys, been looking around for a new phone and this suits my taste and needs. If I could be added to the waiting list for an invite, that'd be great!

You have to add yourself to the list. Just follow the instructions on the front page.

PuMa

On hindsight I should have read the OP more thoroughly. I found the link for adding myself to the list. Thanks man!

No problem! Many people aren't going by the list though, mostly because there is such a short window to use the invites. Keep an eye out in this thread, and someone will probably offer up an invite soon. Gotta be quick.

Here is an invite to buy a 64gb sandstone black OnePlus One. If you are going to claim it please be ready to purchase the phone immediately as there are likely less than 48 hours left to use it at this point. Also if you already own the OPO please let a member who is still waiting for a phone claim this invite. First come first served. Good luck! Please post if you you take it.

Quote to reveal

Enjoy the phone!

Thank you Got the Shakes for the invite! I can finally replace my Nexus 5 and its crappy battery.

I'm impressed that I do not have to pay Sales Tax on the phone. I saved $28.

belvedere

Junior Butler
I've never had a Nexus 5, but uhhhh my Oneplus battery is pretty shite.

Are you referring to the 33r update battery drain issue? Right now it's a bit sporadic with my OPO. For whatever reason, after a couple of restarts my battery has gone back to normal (awesome) levels. After a full day's use I still have 65% or more remaining when I plug in the charger. I know this is subjective, but for my use it's damn good.

A new update is coming within a week that should fix the issues with the current firmware. Or you could just install another rom and be done with it.

Are you referring to the 33r update battery drain issue? Right now it's a bit sporadic with my OPO. For whatever reason, after a couple of restarts my battery has gone back to normal (awesome) levels. After a full day's use I still have 65% or more remaining when I plug in the charger. I know this is subjective, but for my use it's damn good.

It got better with the last update but it still ain't good.

Paradicia

Has anyone got the OPO without 4G functionality? Where I live one there are two LTE bands in operation, Band 3 and Band 20. The OPO only supports band 3, which is used by only two major networks here.

The network I'm on uses band 20 :'(

I'm just looking for a second opinion as I'm undecided whether to get this or the LG G3. I will probably go for the OPO if I get an invite but the lack of 4G got me thinking of other options.

Has anyone got the OPO without 4G functionality? Where I live one there are two LTE bands in operation, Band 3 and Band 20. The OPO only supports band 3, which is used by only two major networks here.

The network I'm on uses band 20 :'(

I'm just looking for a second opinion as I'm undecided whether to get this or the LG G3. I will probably go for the OPO if I get an invite but the lack of 4G got me thinking of other options.

Which country are you in? Which network?

Paradicia

The Chinese version of the OPO has the bands you need for LTE http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/gu...s-one-china-lte-bands-what-you-need-know.html

You can unlock and install CM11s on it, plus you don't need an invite to buy it.

Thanks for the help but it says in the post in link:

"Above we can see that the mobile operators EE and 3 use LTE bands 3 and 7 which are supported by the One Plus One, however o2 and Vodafone use band 20 which neither version of the One Plus One supports."

:/

Thanks for the help but it says in the post in link:

"Above we can see that the mobile operators EE and 3 use LTE bands 3 and 7 which are supported by the One Plus One, however o2 and Vodafone use band 20 which neither version of the One Plus One supports."

:/

Oops, I was just looking at the chart they posted. I'd get the G3 then. LTE is important unless you want to switch carriers.

Paradicia

Oops, I was just looking at the chart they posted. I'd get the G3 then. LTE is important unless you want to switch carriers.

No problem! Yeah, the G3 looks like a good shout at this point. I found a website where I can get it delivered for €450, which is a pretty damn good deal imo. I have a year and 4 months left on my contract so I may as well take advantage of the LTE while its there.

No problem! Yeah, the G3 looks like a good shout at this point. I found a website where I can get it delivered for €450, which is a pretty damn good deal imo. I have a year and 4 months left on my contract so I may as well take advantage of the LTE while its there.

If you wait a month and a half you can probably get a Nexus 6 though, assuming they release the same time frame as last year.

My GS3 is starting to die out today, so I'm looking at getting one of these beauties. Put my name on the list - hopefully I can land a phone before my current one refuses to turn on for good.

Since this is kind of the unofficial OT (more activity here) I'll post after a week with the phone:

Battery life: Amazing, don't even worry about a charge like I did and I played some games, read the internet, texted, a couple calls, etc ... not 'heavy' use but average day for me and it was at 65%. This also included a ton of pics and video at the dog park with my new puppy!

Screen: Love it, I come from an iphone 4S and still have a Galaxy S3 for work. Simply great. I have a little yellow banding I think but honestly, I can't tell. It's very reactive, don't notice the delay as others have with the Home button or swiping/moving. I'm not really a fast typer so texting I don't know if it's terrible or not, I've had no issues (or rather, same issues I always have with my big fat fingers).

I did get one of those Ozry tempered glass covers, and it actually makes it feel even more 'solid' if that even makes sense. Kind of like a bed with a good heavy blanket compared to a hotel blanket.

Build: Solid. It's sleek, it's big, and the back feels so awesome that I'm sad I use a case for it. There are better reviews out there regarding this as I don't have a very long history with smartphones. iPhone 3G, Galaxy S2, S3, Infuse, iPhone 4S, Moto G are the ones I use(d) and have had a lot of contact with.

I got the 64Gb version so $350+20 shipping is encroaching on $400 so the savings, while definitely there isn't as much as the $299. But with no SD Card slot (big bummer) I opted for the larger for future proofing since I plan to have this for a few years.

OS: OMG ... so glad to be off the iOS slow-morphine drip. This thing is QUICK (but again, comparing to iPhone 4S isn't really fair) and it's definitely beefier than my S3.

Not having all the bloatware and actually being able to customize a ton of shit without rooting is great. Almost every single thing you can change and you don't have to root. You can, but you won't have to. I actually use the buttons at the bottom that a lot of people say they turned off in favor of the on screen buttons but I like the real estate!

Call Quality: Not much to say here, haven't really tested the limits but works great on TMo so far, don't notice any 'quiet' calls or anything. LTE is fast as shit when it's available. I went to the beach this weekend and had no signal through the mountains (very few phones over the years I've taken this route do) but once on the coastline had text/phone, data was nill though ... only in certain spots. I blame TMo over the phone though, my family I was visiting had data (ATT/Verizon).

Nothing but good things to say honestly, charges fast, keeps it for a while, battery lasts!! Oh man, having a big huge screen AND a battery that keeps up ... /tear

Vancha

I believe they will be giving away a ton of invites to older owners of the phone right? As they said so for the september invites they would give invites that last for 7 days. Did they already give them out or would they be given out in waves etc?

Also, still on the fence if i should keep on waiting or just buy a nexus 5... My current phone is getting crapier each week and randomly went from 50 to 0% twice now :-/

belvedere

Junior Butler
I went way down the list and either people were already invited or didn't respond.

Hopefully this works:

ModBot said:
Instructions for belvedere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806850.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (belvedere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

OnePlus One Code -- MB-1CF7524B8864B591 - Taken by vctor182

jaydogg691

Hey!

I got 3 invites a couple of days ago, but I've been busy all this week and just found out that my invites are going to expire in 16 hours! I know I promised 1 invite when I subscribed to the list, but I want to give out these invites ASAP to GAF before they expire. The first 2 people to PM me will get invites. If I can't get the 3rd invite out to whoever is in charge of this list I'll post again for the 3rd invite. Sorry guys.

Dwayne

Got my (chinese) phone today, great! Installed mahdi-rom, all good.

FWIW I got the official leather case, with the case on, this phone is too massive for my pocket. I had to resort to the throw-in silicon case instead.

Rafy

As soon as I get my invites, you´re the first I´m gonna think of! :)

I forgot to say this but I am not looking for an invite any more. I was given one and for some reason the purchase always failed and yes I checked if the country was set correctly and the currency was euro and all that stuff. Called my bank and said there was not a problem on their end, same with OPO. I made other purchases during the day and everything worked fine. So I was kinda pissed, but now I'll just wait and see what Google comes up with.

Top Bottom