• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

cbox

Just added my self to this list since my 4s has now shit the bucket in terms of battery life, and the new iphones don't look appealing to me.

Anyone use the phone with Fido in Canada?

keezy

I could, but I have no idea what it is, nor how to use it.

If you're texting another person and they have CM with that enabled, your texts will be "encrypted". This also works with people who are using the TextSecure app for SMS.

Seems interesting. I just can't get it to register. I get the text but it still fails.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Got my (chinese) phone today, great! Installed mahdi-rom, all good.

FWIW I got the official leather case, with the case on, this phone is too massive for my pocket. I had to resort to the throw-in silicon case instead.

How are you liking mahdi?

Dwayne

How are you liking mahdi?

It's really great tbh. I picked it because I knew it had heads up notifications from Android L, haven't had a problem with it yet. Have to disable high quality image processing in instagram (otherwise it posts a black square) but it's all good.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's really great tbh. I picked it because I knew it had heads up notifications from Android L, haven't had a problem with it yet. Have to disable high quality image processing in instagram (otherwise it posts a black square) but it's all good.

CM11 has heads up notifications as well.

Trying to get an invite is impossible, been looking around for quite a long time. Glad to see people are enjoying their phones for the ones that get it.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Trying to get an invite is impossible, been looking around for quite a long time. Glad to see people are enjoying their phones for the ones that get it.

An invite above was available for almost an hour. Keep checking the thread, people are sharing.

TehWhite

Neo Member
Haven't been on this forever. I didn't know you guys weren't going by the invite list anymore. I'll be sure to check this everyday now. My Nexus 5 is getting worse each and every day. if I could get a 64 gigabyte invite I'll be set for a few years .

Tailer

Took myself of the list but didnt give me the option of saying no of not receiving an invite :/. Ah well got tired of waiting, and now finally decided not to bother with this phone anymore... such a shame was really excited in the beginning but meh, might as well either buy note 4(at reduced price/deal) or wait til next year.

Took myself of the list but didnt give me the option of saying no of not receiving an invite :/. Ah well got tired of waiting, and now finally decided not to bother with this phone anymore... such a shame was really excited in the beginning but meh, might as well either buy note 4(at reduced price/deal) or wait til next year.

It's still a great phone and they have been fixing issues that have plagued it since the beginning. You would actually be better off buying one next month when preorders start or trying to get an invite on here. Are you going to be buying a phone off contract if you get the Note 4?

TehWhite

Neo Member
i really hope i get an invite like tom lol. Literally after my last post my Nexus 5 died. I can no longer see anything on screen. So I have no way of contacting my current job and potential job offers. =/ . Plus I can't check this thread often .

ittoryu

Still waiting for any invite to come over this side, but I was considering the Z3 as an alternative as well.
UK-GAF: does the phone work good with 4G network?

evala

Banned
i would love for somebody to be able to share an invite in my direction. also how much is the shipping and do they ship worldwide?

keezy

I'm afraid they only ship in the U.S: at the moment

I don't think this is true. I've read their forums and people have bought them in Canada and various European countries.

But to answer the cost of shipping I paid ~$14 USD if I remember correctly.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I'm afraid they only ship in the U.S: at the moment

They ship to the following countries

Austria
Belgium
Canada (via US website)
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Hong Kong
Italy
Netherlands
Portugal
Spain
Sweden
Taiwan
United Kingdom

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member
Who still wants an invite? First to reply to this thread and quote this message gets it. You must buy asap when you get the invite.

If nobody gets back to you - my friend is still interested in purchasing the phone (right away).

I will PM you their e-mail in case nobody gets back to you. (Please keep me on the lowest priority - if someone else wants it - give it to them).

stormplyr

I can't wait to get this phone. The iPhone 6 reveal felt really lackluster to me which pushed me over the edge to Android. I'm waiting to put myself on the list till I get the necessary funds to purchase the phone. How is the yellow band issue at the bottom of the screen? I've also heard issues about low call volume, is there any merit to those rumors?

beat

I just learned that you can (optionally?) set it to go back to sleep by double-tapping the status bar. I may never have to use the power button again!

Was around 349$ USD + 27.99$ USD shipping (Duty fees were around ~50$ CAD).
The duties you pay also depends on where you're shipping it to. We only have to pay ~$33 here in Alberta.

I just learned that you can (optionally?) set it to go back to sleep by double-tapping the status bar. I may never have to use the power button again!
Yeah, that's one of my favourite features. It doesn't really affect how I use it, but it's nice when I have the phone on the table or something and I just wanna check the time.

vctor182

Phone arrived yesterday. I have a z1 compact so seeing the screen of this phone bigger than the other phone is really shocking. I'm making a comparison between them to decide which one will I keep

Top Bottom