• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

Cake Boss

Banned
Holy fuck the pinch to zoom is super fucked on my phone after this update. Where is the fix?

Now I got to worry about losing my phone. Just fucking great.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah, this happened to me too. Google Maps is way less useful now.

Yeah this is when I noticed it. Before I thought it was the browser or the webpages but everything you try to zoom in goes all fucked up.

Gallery is pretty much useless now. Going on vacation too smh.

Really interested in this phone, my galaxy infuse isn't cutting it anymore. If anyone has an invite they need to get ride of, I'd take the plunge.

I think I read it earlier in the thread but I can't find it now, how much is it costing people in Canada everything included? (shipping, customs, other costs)

Entered, hopefully a code comes my way soon. :)

Really hope that I can get a code soon, my Nexus S is dying on me and really needs replacing.

I think I read it earlier in the thread but I can't find it now, how much is it costing people in Canada everything included? (shipping, customs, other costs)

Depending on where you live, the duty fee you have to pay when the phone arrives at your door can vary. I live in Alberta and I paid ~$30, whereas I heard people in Ontario were paying around $50.
In total, I think I paid around $450, everything included.

beat

I just tried it in Google Maps and it works fine on my phone.
Yeah, a couple of days ago I was getting the pinch zoom bug, but yesterday and today it's been fine. Weird. (Edit: and hours later, back to not fine.)

CPU usage and battery life haven't been so great today though.

ViciousDS

Banned
Added my name to the list! Saw my cousin get one of these looked it up and was very happy with what I saw. Will give all invites back to the gaffers! The waiting begins!

If anyone has any extra invites I would be truly thankful if you send me one, I lost my phone, and I have to get a new one soon. I just don't have the money to buy a replacement phone and to get this one... :(

Dwayne

If anyone has any extra invites I would be truly thankful if you send me one, I lost my phone, and I have to get a new one soon. I just don't have the money to buy a replacement phone and to get this one... :(

can always order off aliexpress if you don't get an invite

Giving away an invite:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806850.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TurbulentTurtle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

OnePlus One Invite -- MB-630C7192F53BD1C0 - Taken by Sky Chief. 8 entrants total.

t1409673697z1.png

Yen

Kharma, what network are you on? Ordered my OPO on Friday, I'm on o2 right now, but my contract ends in October. EE and Three are the only networks with 4G compatible with the OPO, right? (Can't say I particularly care about 4G though, I don't have it now)

kharma45

Kharma, what network are you on? Ordered my OPO on Friday, I'm on o2 right now, but my contract ends in October. EE and Three are the only networks with 4G compatible with the OPO, right? (Can't say I particularly care about 4G though, I don't have it now)

Giffgaff. Looking to move to 3 at some point though.

Aswell

Is there any easy way to get an invite? I really want to get one of these things.
- Visit this thread regularly, as some invite links are posted on it and given away to GAF members on a first-come first-served basis.

- Get your name on the list. GAF members who already own the OnePlus One will soon receive invitations to give away.

- Register on the OnePlus One official forums. OnePlus automatically sends invitations to members of its forums (depending on their profile number). Currently invitations are being send for people whose profile number is around 100,000. You'll probably not get an automatic invitation in September if you register today though (your profile number will be around 210,000).

- You can still register on the OnePlus One forums though and get involved there. Some people manage to get an invite very quickly. Most of the giveaways are contests, but sometimes a member just gives an invite away without requiring you to write them a song / a poem / a story or whatever.

- Wait until October: the invitation system is supposed to disappear next month

Aswell

A member of the official forums is working on an application that aims at "fixing" the yellow band issue. The application is not final but can already be tested.
Thread

If I have understood correctly, this application lets you set up a colour filter on the area of the screen that is impacted by the yellow band issue, so that colours blend together and even out. (More details on the first post of the thread.)

Sky Chief

A member of the official forums is working on an application that aims at "fixing" the yellow band issue. The application is not final but can already be tested.
Thread

If I have understood correctly, this application lets you set up a colour filter on the area of the screen that is impacted by the yellow band issue, so that colours blend together and even out. (More details on the first post of the thread.)

Is this still an issue with more recently produced phones?

Aswell

Is this still an issue with more recently produced phones?
I think it is, but recent phones seem to be less affected by this issue.
However if you read the technical support section on the official forums, you'll see that there are still people affected by this issue on recent phones (but there are also people who aren't...).

Aswell

I ordered late Thursday, the order changed from Pending Shipment to Processing.

readImage

This waiting is painful.
I ordered mine last Wednesday and I have just received it. My order status was stuck at Processing until 5 a.m. this morning, when it moved to Complete and I received my tracking number by email. I then saw I was going to get my phone today.
Maybe you'll receive yours tomorrow :)

Top Bottom