• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

if you have an invite aren't you supposed to go by the list? what's even the point of the list?

can the owner please remove me from the list? this has gotten ridiculous.

When I gave my invites away, I went by the list. At least the first people I tried to give them to were on the list but they didn't respond in time. Since these invites are timed, you can only use the list for so long until you have to just give them to whomever is around at the time and will buy a phone before the invite goes to waste.

Blablurn

I think the list was created with the idea that we will have steady invites coming in. I'm sure most of the people in there don't care anymore.

I think the list was created with the idea that we will have steady invites coming in. I'm sure most of the people in there don't care anymore.

I also think it was created so that people who got an invite from GAF would repay the favor. I don't think anyone who acquired an invite elsewhere should have to give them back to GAF or use the list should they not want to. I happened to win mine on Twitter and gave all 4 invites I got back to GAF, but had I wanted to give them to other people I should have been able to since I didn't receive mine from someone here.

The list is pretty pointless now. It was made before we knew how the invite system worked. Originally we thought invites would come immediately or soon after you bought the phone e. I bought one in July and still haven't gotten shareable invites. Plus they have a time limit on them.

Anyone want an invite? Must be a regular member, have PayPal, and be ready to buy asap. Also, must not already have one. Quote me in this thread and I'll pm you one if you meet the requirements.

Received mine in today. A bit pissed that the mail carrier claimed someone signed for it and just left it in the mailbox to bake all day.

Anyway the packaging is really nice. I haven't used it much yet, just logged into my Google account. Thinking about putting one of those tempered glass screen protectors on it first. Anyone have experience with those?

Thanks again for the cool phone Vader!

Received mine in today. A bit pissed that the mail carrier claimed someone signed for it and just left it in the mailbox to bake all day.

Anyway the packaging is really nice. I haven't used it much yet, just logged into my Google account. Thinking about putting one of those tempered glass screen protectors on it first. Anyone have experience with those?

Thanks again for the cool phone Vader!

No problem. Glad you like it. I just use a Tudia TPU case. Never used a screen protector.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Anyone else need an invite?

Where are you getting all of these? You could set up a nice little nest egg for yourself selling these on ebay.

I have a great TPU case from Diztronic, but the back is too good on the phone to use it. I justify not using a case by saying that the phone is semi budget, so the feel in the hand is worth the risk of dropping it.

I have had the OPO for a month and a half now. IMO it looks the best among the high end phones, but if I didn't get the invite in time I would have waited for the z3. The black sandstone cover is awesome and very sturdy. I went rock climbing a few days ago and had the phone in my pocket. It was rubbing against rocks repeatedly for a few hours and did not get one scratch.
I love this phone.

kharma45

I've noticed that the phone, when scratched, they disappear an hour or so later. Some of the finish has rubbed off on me and the silver trim has a few knicks in it but overall it's holding up well sans case.

Where are you getting all of these? You could set up a nice little nest egg for yourself selling these on ebay.

I have a great TPU case from Diztronic, but the back is too good on the phone to use it. I justify not using a case by saying that the phone is semi budget, so the feel in the hand is worth the risk of dropping it.

I'd rather give back them try to make some money off of them. Besides looking on ebay they are only getting like 15-20 bucks for them and then you run the risk of someone disputing the order after you give them the invite.

Yea, if anybody has a spare invite, I would absolutely love one. Will definitely buy one and will give out any invites I get here.

Do you still need one?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Yes, how soon would you be able to buy?

Within the next couple days, I have a check that should be clearing sometime tomorrow afternoon, so I would either activate it then or the following day or so.

What's the time limit for activating?

Within the next couple days, I have a check that should be clearing sometime tomorrow afternoon, so I would either activate it then or the following day or so.

What's the time limit for activating?

24 hours. I have two invites left, but I might get some more tomorrow so I'll give these to people that might need and ready to buy now and when you are ready to buy let me know.

Seanspeed

Banned
Do you still need one?
Somebody else was kind enough to throw me an invite. I wont be buying til Wednesday(maybe Thursday depending on when my payment goes through!), though. My current invite says it expires one day after claiming, but I haven't claimed it yet, so I think I'm good with the one I have, but not 100% sure. If not, I will probably ask again here.

Pretty stoked, though.

Somebody else was kind enough to throw me an invite. I wont be buying til Wednesday(maybe Thursday depending on when my payment goes through!), though. My current invite says it expires one day after claiming, but I haven't claimed it yet, so I think I'm good with the one I have, but not 100% sure. If not, I will probably ask again here.

Pretty stoked, though.

I think it will expire by then. Most of them have to be claimed within 24 hours.

RuGalz

Hopefully I did this correctly. Good luck to whoever enters the raffle. Please give back to the thread later on.

ModBot said:
Instructions for RuGalz:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an OPO invitation. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806850.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RuGalz, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Opo Invite -- MB-A3DD0A2F7531A29C - Taken by TheLucifer. 3 entrants total.

t1411425517z1.png

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
24 hours. I have two invites left, but I might get some more tomorrow so I'll give these to people that might need and ready to buy now and when you are ready to buy let me know.

Alright, that's fair enough. I will definitely be in contact again within the next few days.

Seanspeed

Banned
I think it will expire by then. Most of them have to be claimed within 24 hours.
It says the invite is good for 1 day *after* claiming. So I think I'm ok since I haven't claimed it yet. Unless the guy who sent me it gives it away to somebody else, which I hope he doesn't cuz I absolutely *will* buy it as soon as my payment goes through! :) Been looking forward to this for a while and been disappointed it wasn't publically available yet.

It says the invite is good for 1 day *after* claiming. So I think I'm ok since I haven't claimed it yet. Unless the guy who sent me it gives it away to somebody else, which I hope he doesn't cuz I absolutely *will* buy it as soon as my payment goes through! :) Been looking forward to this for a while and been disappointed it wasn't publically available yet.

They are usually only good for a day and then another day once you claim.

beat

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 OPO invite keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the invite you want. (if you include more than one invite, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806850.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (beat, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim invites you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim invites to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple invites on the list below. Send an individual PM for each invite you'd like to win.
- If you won a invite from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any invites not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

OnePlus One 1 -- MB-E9C5A3DBAB1386D6 - Taken by Blablurn. 5 entrants total.
OnePlus One 3 -- MB-10AA2A14C64FD1B0 - Taken by TheLucifer. 5 entrants total.
OnePlus One 2 -- MB-5696FF9BD13D2211 - Taken by Bucca. 5 entrants total.

t1411419101z1.png
hope this works, and good luck, y'all.

My friend still needs one - will purchase immediately (within the hour). Please remember to make note that you should keep me at the lowest priority. If someone gets to you - give it to them.

Same here, wife got wind of my purchase and would like one now, but again, if someone else needs it give it to them. I will be able to buy right after work.

beat

Anyone tried out Google Cardboard with this phone? It's not bad. I just got a Cardboard kit from eBay, and I find that it works pretty well. It did require a reboot for some reason - the magnetic ring didn't work until I rebooted, and the orientation sensor was out of whack too.

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member
Anyone tried out Google Cardboard with this phone? It's not bad. I just got a Cardboard kit from eBay, and I find that it works pretty well. It did require a reboot for some reason - the magnetic ring didn't work until I rebooted, and the orientation sensor was out of whack too.

Oh you are not joking.

I thought you were trolling hard.

It sounded too good to be true. I might actually waste my time on this. o.o

Top Bottom