• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

The injury gods hate me this season. Robinson Gomez torn PCL just after ascending to AAA as a 21 year old, sigh.

I think I'm probably in fire sale mode, so if you want major league pitchers get at me, almost everyone is available.

I'm willing to move position players, but I don't have much worth your while.

brentech

Sim: 7 day sim
Date: July 16, 2025
Notes: Interesting 3 way trade here as McKenzie never plays a game for Oakland.

Coming out of the break, the Indians recognize they have little hope of a division without a Detroit collapse, but a chance at the wild card. I lost 2 starters for a spell, and even a backup, so I'm running pretty bare bones in the field. Interested in 1B and 3B players, possibly even 1 pitcher, SP or RP.

My closer pitched longer than any other NL pitcher in the all-star game. Fuck that manager Kolby has a fragile injury history!

Won 5 in a row but the Nationals won 4 in a row so didn't do shit

My 2019 first round draft pick is so fucking sorry

Dude is 25 and getting lit up in AAA ball....
Is there an easy way to see your previous draft picks by year?

edit: nvm found it. I didn't have a 2019 1st round pick that signed.

Man, a lot of my early drafts at the top were terrible.

Is there an easy way to see your previous draft picks by year?

edit: nvm found it. I didn't have a 2019 1st round pick that signed.

Man, a lot of my early drafts at the top were terrible.

Most of mine aren't panning out. Like the dude I drafted this year that sounds like the next Mike Trout has been absolute garbage in the GCL, he's got a WAR of -0.5 lol.

C Chris Okey is available and so is SP Kyle Molnar. Both are having good seasons, just are expendable. Dylan Bundy can go as well. I'd like a RF with a decent bat or prospects.

Rommel

Made me relive the loss of Anthony Molina... 1 start and CEI... #2 overall pick... argh

I also suck at #1 picks... #2 has been decent though

Unfortunately, draft picks you failed to sign don't appear in that list.

As for my 1st rd picks, the only one who has come anywhere close to living up to the spot is Ronald Washington. And he isn't doing it for me.

brentech

While OOTP 18 releases today, it is a good time to remind everyone that we will be converting to OOTP 18 directly after the World Series this season.
So, you're probably best off securing a copy right now while there is a small sale on it as well. If you will not be coming over to OOTP 18, please let me know in the thread or via PM.

I can't believe that I missed the History section for this long.

Alex Wood has 23.7 WAR, best for 9th best all-time for A's pitchers, just ahead of Rube Walberg and 4 WAR behind Timmy Hudson and is 9th all time in strikeouts. I'm going to have to retire his number someday.

And I had no real idea how good Kyle Zimmer was for me. 3 of the top 10 in single season strikeout totals in A's history, with the highest K:9 ratio ever at 10.5, ahead of Eckersley's 9.3.

Tell you what though, someone in Oakland should call my ass up and hire me. Over the 10 seasons we've played, NINE seasons would be among the top 10 in total attendance.

I know how to pack the fans into Oakland. Billy plz notice me.

brentech

I was going to try to make moves to improve immediately, but it looks like this season is going to be a wash. I think I have enough talent on the upswing that hopefully I'll restock from within.

Very curious how players change when we switch to 18. I think my scout saw things different when we moved to 17.

If any contenders are looking for relief pitchers feel free to hit me up! Anyone over 27 is available and for cheap.

I'd offer up position players but most of what I have sucks.

My 2016 Braves team had the most strikeouts ever pitching as a team and strikeouts per 9 until the 2023 Brewers broke both records. We also tied the NL record for saves that season.

Some of the recent Dodgers and Phillies teams have some ridiculous offensive stats. Especially home runs.

I can't believe that I missed the History section for this long.

Alex Wood has 23.7 WAR, best for 9th best all-time for A's pitchers, just ahead of Rube Walberg and 4 WAR behind Timmy Hudson and is 9th all time in strikeouts. I'm going to have to retire his number someday.

And I had no real idea how good Kyle Zimmer was for me. 3 of the top 10 in single season strikeout totals in A's history, with the highest K:9 ratio ever at 10.5, ahead of Eckersley's 9.3.

Tell you what though, someone in Oakland should call my ass up and hire me. Over the 10 seasons we've played, NINE seasons would be among the top 10 in total attendance.

I know how to pack the fans into Oakland. Billy plz notice me.

Alex is also 2nd all time in Braves history in strikeouts per 9 behind Shelby.

Messing around with a Phillies offline sim to try out 18. Really liking it so far. I really like the changes they made to the injury system. Instead of a guy getting a dtd injury and getting a percentage of what his performance will be, you get a more general statement on how it will effect his play (like minimal). Some can just be nagging injuries that'll last a month but they'll play through it like in real life. Some will go away faster if you rest them. Haven't gotten the complete hang of it, but I'm liking it so far.

I looked at my draft history. Every player I've produced in the past couple of years that is contributing at the major league level is doing it for a team I traded them to and sadly I don't have most of the players I got back anymore. Oh wait, I guess McCall and Donnelly but man.

Also according to the history thing my team payroll is $70 million less this season than last, that seems wrong somehow.

I do have $30mm in cash but my owner won't let me spend any on extensions.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Aug 13, 2025
Notes: Tigers have run away with the AL Central, up 15 1/2 games.
Astros are 29-84
burn.gif

Reminder, we move to OOTP 18 After the WS

Sim: 7 days
Date: Aug 13, 2025
Notes: Tigers have run away with the AL Central, up 15 1/2 games.
Astros are 29-84
burn.gif

Reminder, we move to OOTP 18 After the WS

I'll have you know, I just finished a 3-4 sim! We're merely 21 1/2 games behind 4th place in the division! We're NOT the Cleveland Spiders!

Welllllll my absurd ban has finally ended. Honestly not being able to make trades was the biggest punishment.

I actually tried writing a news article to indicate I was still open to trades and reading the thread but it either doesn't get uploaded or brentech nixed it XD

Aaaanyway, I'd love a guy that hits a consistent .290+, if anybody has a guy like that and sees something they like on the Dodgers, let me know.

brentech

I actually tried writing a news article to indicate I was still open to trades and reading the thread but it either doesn't get uploaded or brentech nixed it XD
Sadly, I don't think any of that stuff makes it into the game. Also, I barely have the time to look at contracts and verify everyone is playing by the rules, let alone look through every news snippet.
laugh.gif

I wish that could be done though, along with human players initiating trades with CPU players.

Oh yeah, if OOTP folks are reading the thread, please let me know how I can get my steam key. I preordered the game several weeks ago :)

Sadly, I don't think any of that stuff makes it into the game. Also, I barely have the time to look at contracts and verify everyone is playing by the rules, let alone look through every news snippet.
laugh.gif

I wish that could be done though, along with human players initiating trades with CPU players.
Haha, yeah, I totally get it...
I wonder why those features aren't added to online mode? that would be really amazing.

Rommel

Oh yeah, if OOTP folks are reading the thread, please let me know how I can get my steam key. I preordered the game several weeks ago :)

Haha, yeah, I totally get it...
I wonder why those features aren't added to online mode? that would be really amazing.

Here is what I got from Rich. I got mine by forwarding him my receipt email.

You can send it to rich@ootpdevelopments.com

Sorry it took so long for me to see this! I don't normally check GAF messages. :)

My favorite thing about this season is that despite being on a historically bad team, Alex Abbott is still very happy. You just can't bring that guy down!

Got my Steam version of OOTP 18 yesterday, can't wait to see how my prospects continue busting!

Also there was a period of time where I let CPU handle a lot of my contracts....boy did they sign a lot of bad ones....

There is a guy on my A ball team who has 30 of the teams 85 homers. Next highest on the team has 7.

Too bad this guy can't walk to save his life, he might be a prospect.

59 of his 105 hits are XBH. He strikes out more than once a game and walks about once every three games. Yikes.

brentech

Sim: 5 days
Date: Sept 1, 2025
Notes: Roster Expansion is available.

Reminder, we move to OOTP 18 After the World Series. Please be ready for the transition.

Having my best year since I joined the league so far. I thought it was my most complete team entering the year and it's nice to have that proven so far. Should be a hell of a division race, TOR isn't going anywhere.

I like my chances in the playoffs since Carson and Danner have been aces. Danner is finally becoming the guy I thought he'd be. He was my first ever draft pick. I'm hoping I can resign him next season.

Top Bottom