• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

I wish I had a good pick. I also wish I didn't fuck up and waste the #1 overall pick the first year I drafted Burton. might have a good one next season if we keep playing like our last couple of sims but I have no idea how draft order really works

Rommel

I wish I had a good pick. I also wish I didn't fuck up and waste the #1 overall pick the first year I drafted Burton. might have a good one next season if we keep playing like our last couple of sims but I have no idea how draft order really works

At least your top pick didn't have a CEI in his 2nd start in the minors... RIP :(

Crazy that I have the 23rd pick. There were so many FA signings this year of qualified offered players.

Wow my first round pick had the most ridiculous college stats ever. 20.6 K/9 0.09 ERA in 12 starts as a freshman. Only wants $8.5 million and his projected future role...
bullpen ):

Last time I let me scout draft dude did a horrible job. Time to fire him and this dumbass manager

Rommel

Picked who I figured would drop to me. Was hoping I'd get one of my top 3 choices. Phillies took my #3 choice right before me :(

Drafted a bunch of good kids with my, among others, three 1st round picks.

And the greatest thing of all? I allocated enough money to sign them!

Rommel

Drafted a bunch of good kids with my, among others, three 1st round picks.

And the greatest thing of all? I allocated enough money to sign them!

You drafted a lot of players on my list, including my #1 choice :( I knew chances were small he'd drop to me though.

You drafted a lot of players on my list, including my #1 choice :( I knew chances were small he'd drop to me though.

Looking at my picks now, and man am I jazzed for Jorge Moran. Dude has 6 pitches in his arsenal!

And my other two 1st rounders have nicknames, so you know they're going to develop well.

Pretty happy with the first three picks I got. I hope Tim Waite ends up being as good as my scout claims.....

My closer came to me to complain about the clubhouse

Gonna cut his ass. Snitches get stitches

Rommel

Don't love my draft class but I'll give them one thing, I'll probably sign the entire class for under 1.5 million.

I'm amused that the best pitching performance by an Astros starter this season is the CG SHO with 11 Ks that Marcos Molina pitched in April.

It is his only win thus far.

Happy with my draft. I only put about 10 guys on my list and I still ended up with one of them. Scout did a good job. 4 college SPs in the first four rounds that if they reach their potential could pitch in the majors and then a high school SS with a little bit of pop I'll probably move to 2B. My first pick is costing a fortune but I have the draft budget for him.

Rommel

I thought I took all the impossible to sign kids off my list but I ended up with some really good HS SP who wants $7.5mm+ to sign.

I had one impossible player who wanted more that $300k, so I threw him $500k, about half of what my signing costs will be for the year. I had another impossible guy who wanted 3.5 mil + and offered him slot... I don't think he is signing :D

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: June 13, 2025
Notes: Sign your draft picks.

Orioles Garrett Hutson pitched a No hitter against the Mariners, 8 strikeouts and 2 BB.

So I've won 10 games in a row and I'm 2.5 back of the division lead. I guess firing my manager worked. Some nitpicky things I wish I could do with my line-up, but things seem to be working out. This is all with Manny being injured. My line-up should look great once he's back. Garrett Hutson followed up his no-hitter with a 2 hitter this sim. He hadn't been great before those starts, so hopefully he turned the corner. I really like his ratings and for 3.5 mil a year he seems like a bargain.

Last trade request for me this year Commish... can you please throw Yairo Munoz in the trade o matic?

It's all falling apart. No one can pitch. It's a disaster! Fire everyone! Fire sale!

The CPU is taking revenge!

Anybody need a catcher?
Nah, I finally went out and signed one this off-season after having never upgraded after Molina left. So I'm set for the next few years.

Oh wait, no I'm not, he's been complete garbage and my backup has been better and I have a guy raking it in AAA.

;_; This year sucks

I'm pretty excited about my team's future on offense.......next year. Got a lot of raw kids right now.

My pitching is a complete disaster though.

I feel like I have 5 guys at catcher who could start. For some reason I've just had a steady flow of catching prospects. I still have some decent ones in the low minors.

brentech

Date: June 23, 2025
Notes: Sim got interrupted due to minor league rosters errors with people not having enough players for their teams to compete. For the couple teams it happened to, I just moved their international players to the team that didn't have enough guys.

Anybody need a catcher?

I might, I thought I could move Iser back to C and play my AAA C who has decent ratings, but Iser's offense dropped at C and my 1B who I brought up tanked so I swapped back and things improved but eh.

I also need a SS.

Might be willing to sell off pieces of my bullpen to anyone in contention and some of my older starting pitchers as well.

Edit: Fuck! Aiello hurt, Iser Hurt, and Negron hurt. What a disaster of a sim.

Bone chips for Negron, RIP.

My team is so bad.

My owner wanted me over .500 this season. I'll be lucky if I end up 50-112.

The baseball gods are just trying to balance things out against the season where you won all those games, but they forgot to check the ledger for a while...or maybe they lost it and will continue to exact their ruthless "balancing" of an equation that was long ago rectified. :O

The baseball gods are just trying to balance things out against the season where you won all those games, but they forgot to check the ledger for a while...or maybe they lost it and will continue to exact their ruthless "balancing" of an equation that was long ago rectified. :O

I had it so good in 2019 and I didn't realize it. I thought I was a year or two away. And I took my rotation for granted. Cobi Johnson, my current #1, would struggle to slot higher than #4 on that team. And Ponce gave me such hope for the future. He was so good as a rookie, but was never remotely as good ever again.

brentech

It's really hard to weigh your roster with an unbiased opinion when you see multiple points of weakness. Everyone looks worse than they really are.

I think my team is finally rounding the corner, but I need to find a better solution at 1st base. The last couple seasons were solid for me there, and right now both guys are letting me down.

Rommel

It's really hard to weigh your roster with an unbiased opinion when you see multiple points of weakness. Everyone looks worse than they really are.

I think my team is finally rounding the corner, but I need to find a better solution at 1st base. The last couple seasons were solid for me there, and right now both guys are letting me down.

Honestly I think my roster is much better than it's been playing. I plugged the largest hole in the offseason with a star level player. I'm lucky I'm still within striking distance due to the failings of the NL West

I have no idea why 1B is so hard to get production. I've just now got a solution I'm happy with, and I had to sign a vet to do it. I've had plenty of in house guys with high ratings/potential just shit the bed there.

Commish - If you get bored, could you throw Yairo Munoz into the CPU trade dealy?

Last time I'll ask this season. If no offers, this ship is sinking with all hands on deck.

My bullpen is a thing of nightmares.

Intra-divisional trading can be...awkward, but Solis is available. Not looking for a king's ransom. Just want to make a move on him for a reasonable price.

Same goes for anyone else who has an interest.

Edit: Also, for those interested in catchers, Johnny Bridges is available.

Called up 2 OF prospects from A ball to fill in for the injuries I had last sim. Both are interesting guys but there's no way they're ready. It'll be interesting at least, and I get some guys back in 2 weeks so it won't be too long.

brentech

Date: July 9, 2025
Notes: Oakland trade complete.

Signed IFA Raul Fernadez. Can only hope my scout was right about him, graded as an 80 OVR with 80 potential PWR.

Top Bottom