• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OS X Yosemite [OT]

MBR

Banned
I might be stupid. How do I see the remaining estimated time and size to download? It's just saying "Downloading" on the App Store.

For people on the Seed program, from the FAQs:

Apple said:
How do I get a shipping version of OS X back on my Mac?
Always back up your computer before installing pre-release software. To get a shipping release of OS X on your Mac, you can simply install the final version of the software you are testing when it appears in Software Update. If you would like to go back to a previously released version, you must first erase the beta software, then re-install the latest shipping version of OS X, and finally restore from your Time Machine backup.
Doesn't say anything about wiping and I like to live dangerously so it's what I did. No backup either, but my Air is old and I only use it for couch browsing and media cataloging. Would suck to lose my Delicious Library database but I brought this on myself! And hey, I might not.

jts

...hate me...
If I leave my Mac and it sleeps, will it still finish the download?

Funny how I don't know the answer to that :/

And I don't want to leave Caffeine toggled on.

Vire

SpeVVX4.png

How do I configure this on my phone?

DoubleYou

I just noticed that the Feedback Assistant is still in my dock. Any other beta users have this still available to them? Seems odd to me.

Maximus.

Finally installed from Beta 6, everything went smooth. Legit disappointed that they are not debuting a real dark mode with the full release....what the hell is up with that.

KingKong

Oh man it's gonna take some time to get used to these design changes. Love the new notifications (it might actually be useful now that I can have weather, a calculator and I assume third party apps), but I'm not feeling the new style for folders and buttons

e: dark dock is awesome, but is there a way to keep the menu bar light? I only see the option for both

JouDvzn.png

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Has an update to the final for people on PB6 shown up yet? I want to upgrade when I get home even though I'm already on it. I kinda want to to a reformat and migration now that it's out.

Maybe I'll do it on the weekend when there's less chance of a stalled download.

hal9001

Banned
Is there a way to change/remove the square enclosing around the dock design so the icons are open like the old one?

GhZroOE.png

Dartastic

So, I installed it and now iPhoto no longer works. I can't see an update for it in the app store, and they want to charge me $15 for the new version of iPhoto. WTF?

jstripes

Banned
So, I installed it and now iPhoto no longer works. I can't see an update for it in the app store, and they want to charge me $15 for the new version of iPhoto. WTF?

Email Apple support, and express deep frustration. Maybe they'll give you a code for iPhoto.

They can be pretty generous when they want to be.

iddqd

I'm still on Snow Leopard because I felt Lion had made my older Macbook Pro sluggish.. Are there any benchmarks out yet or should I just give up on upgrading my duck tape thing?

(intel core duo, 2.53, 8gigs, ssd)

Top Bottom