• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| ArcheAge - Queuing Simulator 2014

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
wait, really? -checks math-

16x16= 256
24x24 - 16x16 = 320

for reference, a small scarecrow = 8x8 = 64. tiny. Especially 'cause the actual scarecrow takes up a relatively large amount. I'm about to scratch my small scarecrow to craft a farmer's workbench.

shit son, you're right

NOW IF ONLY I HAD A PLACE TO PUT MY FARMHOUSE DOWN :'(

At least I have a 16x16. So many trees now. SO MANY TREES.

Yeah, I worked out the math during alpha but like I said it's still worth having the scarecrow farm because some of the trees still don't fit on the farmhouse. The best combo is farmhouse and farm right next to it IMO.

By the way, start looking around at the end of the week, the second week of taxes are coming due and some plots may open up.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah, I worked out the math during alpha but like I said it's still worth having the scarecrow farm because some of the trees still don't fit on the farmhouse. The best combo is farmhouse and farm right next to it IMO.

well yeah, but that's not entirely realistic to get :p atm I have 2 small scarecrows, a large scarecrow and a 16x16 house next to each other. That's good enough for now. I also have an aquafarm near Two Crowns, so I'm hoping to be able to put my farmhouse somewhere near there once plots start expiring, that way I'd only have two locations to teleport to/from... but we'll see.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
gold spam is crazy now. this is literally in real time for like 15 seconds'

HO5au10.gif

Einbroch

Banned
They changed it that it favors patron more than before apparently. So I guess better or worse depending if you paid or not.

Can you just pay for patron for a month and then cancel and keep all your stuff/characters/etc?

I wouldn't mind paying $15 or whatever to try it.

Won

gold spam is crazy now. this is literally in real time for like 15 seconds'

HO5au10.gif

Yeah, Trion even sent a messege to everyone on the servers saying they are trying to fix it, it's that bad. Good luck, Trion!

It's not even that a good of a deal!

Can you just pay for patron for a month and then cancel and keep all your stuff/characters/etc?

I wouldn't mind paying $15 or whatever to try it.

The stuff you built (farm, house) will be mailed after patron runs out, everything else should stay the same.

And just to be clear I have actually no idea how the queues look for the most part. On my server they are still, while improved as a patron, kinda lengthy.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I laugh at the gold spammers because gold ain't that hard to come by, and APEX is so damn cheap. Though, I think even in a game without gold there would still be gold farmers spamming.

Amaya

Banned
Loving the game! Trying to play with my girlfriend but our servers aren't the same. We have a completely different list. We live in the same house. Is there a reason why?

Jams775

Loving the game! Trying to play with my girlfriend but our servers aren't the same. We have a completely different list. We live in the same house. Is there a reason why?

are one of you playing on a server from a different country? I think you can change it on Glyph where you start Archeage

Burt

Queue isn't that bad anymore. Just got into queue for Naima, only 887 people ahead of me as opposed to the usual 3K.
Ha damn, that's still a lot. Just started today, jumped on the last NA server, Celceilaila or something only about 300 people.

To cut straight to my noob questions:

Will I only be questing/dungeoning straight up to 50? Is PvP only open world, and can I compete in open world combat before 50? Can someone describe crafting and the economy for me? What are the "extracurriculars" outside of quests/dungeons? I keep hearing about piracy and farming, anything else? I started archer/shadow play, I'm assuming that's okay?

I have about a million more questions, but I think I'll cut myself off there.

Game seems decent at 8 levels in and the F2P scheme sounds great, but I'm eager to level up a bit so I can get a better feel for things.

Smiley90

Ha damn, that's still a lot. Just started today, jumped on the last NA server, Celceilaila or something only about 300 people.

To cut straight to my noob questions:

Will I only be questing/dungeoning straight up to 50? Is PvP only open world, and can I compete in open world combat before 50? Can someone describe crafting and the economy for me? What are the "extracurriculars" outside of quests/dungeons? I keep hearing about piracy and farming, anything else? I started archer/shadow play, I'm assuming that's okay?

I have about a million more questions, but I think I'll cut myself off there.

Game seems decent at 8 levels in and the F2P scheme sounds great, but I'm eager to level up a bit so I can get a better feel for things.

You can compete PvP from level 1 if you want to get slaughtered.

dokish

Banned
Anyone know is this game is blocked for people in Asia or something? I click Play, the splash screen opens up, with "Auroria, bla bla bla bla..." written on it, and then nothing happens... for like, forever.

Anyone know is this game is blocked for people in Asia or something? I click Play, the splash screen opens up, with "Auroria, bla bla bla bla..." written on it, and then nothing happens... for like, forever.
I believe they said no IP blocks at all. Do you see the words begin to light up, as if they are being read? Once all the words light up it should load soon after, if it doesn't idk whats wrong shouldn't be IP block though.

Thank goodness they took the character restrictions off, finally created my character on Naima, anybody on the Haranya side add me! Name is Kasuhr.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member

I play from Japan and i don't have any problem at all.

ZenVolta

Mash escape right before the first cutscene

dokish

Banned
Ok finally logged in. This game is awesooome. I can use the same character on multiple servers, right?

It is possible to add a bunch of friends ingame and keep a friends list? (Similar to Ragnarok). I'm a healer and didn't know it was possible to learn skillset of other classes. Vitalism + Occultism must be sooo badass.

Smiley90

Ok finally logged in. This game is awesooome. I can use the same character on multiple servers, right?

It is possible to add a bunch of friends ingame and keep a friends list? (Similar to Ragnarok). I'm a healer and didn't know it was possible to learn skillset of other classes. Vitalism + Occultism must be sooo badass.

No? I don't know a single MMO that would allow that. They're separate servers for a reason.

And yes, there's friendlists. Bottom right.

ZenVolta

2 characters per server and they are locked to that server. Yes you can have a friends list. And you select 3 classes.

Nocturn

Neo Member
For someone like me who hates crafting and gathering with a burning passion, will I like this game still? Am I at a handicap of I choose to ignore crafting for the most part?

Smiley90

For someone like me who hates crafting and gathering with a burning passion, will I like this game still? Am I at a handicap of I choose to ignore crafting for the most part?

you can play it just for the PvP aspect and let others deal with the crafting if you choose so. Especially when F2P, since farming is the biggest draw for Patron status really.

Zero2kz

LOL at the 5 minute 30 seconds afk kick timer

That really sucks. I feel like that that is overkill.

People will get kicked by stepping away just to do some normal every day things. Changing a load of laundry, taking a quick shower, taking out the trash, etc etc.

I think 10-15 minutes would have been more fair.

(Plus that means you have to essentially watch your queue until you get in. If you step away you might get in then get kicked out before you realize)

If anyone in Naimia wants to party, let me know. I'm building a full healer and things are pretty tough :(

Man, I would warn you against doing that. I went with a cleric for my first character and it was getting pretty annoying trying to quest by myself. Had to start a new character. I think I got her to level 17.

Tash

That really sucks. I feel like that that is overkill.

People will get kicked by stepping away just to do some normal every day things. Changing a load of laundry, taking a quick shower, taking out the trash, etc etc.

I think 10-15 minutes would have been more fair.

(Plus that means you have to essentially watch your queue until you get in. If you step away you might get in then get kicked out before you realize)

They already confirmed that the kick is a bug and they will adjust the timer

I have the smallest cheapest house you can get, It's at an angle... but isn't built yet.
There's the western style cottage and the eastern style swept-roof villa. Both are the same price. I believe the cottage has slightly more space on the corners, but if your house is placed at an angle you will have a bit of room on either side anyway.

timkunedo

So absolutely no room to grow trees on the small house plots eh?

When i had my small cottage in Alpha i could plant 4 aspen, one in each corner. Plus lots of livestock, plants, flowers, and banana trees on the side. Not a ton of space to work with but it's manageable.

edit: I heard the eastern style doesn't have as much land around it. I have no idea if that's true or not.

Zero2kz

Woah. Only a few servers have queues during prime time. And the ones that do (such as Salphira, the one I am on) was only 10 people long.

I guess that 5 minute AFK bug really helped out lol

Top Bottom