• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[OT] This Winnie the Pooh Flash Game is Way Too Hard for Its Target Audience

Hellix

eh, i lost to tigger but he seems way easier at first glance than owl

though that may be my rhythm heaven gba instincts making "invisible projectiles" a far less daunting task than it would be to most

Yeah, Owl gave me a harder time than Tigger. If you have enough speed, it is pretty easy to perceive where the ball is heading and line your bat up before it goes invisible. After that, it only takes a few balls to get the timing down.

tigger. how is that even possible
I beat Owl.

And then I met Tigger.

You know what? Fuck this game. This isn't fun. This is torture.
Got to Tigger. Wow. Nothing but fouls. I can't bring myself to stop.

Also the one looping track really adds insult to injury.
Be strong, my brothers. If I beat him, anyone can. Just keep chipping away at him, and don't let his mind games overwhelm you.

eh, i lost to tigger but he seems way easier at first glance than owl
He's lulling you into a false sense of security. Don't let his goofy smile fool you. He's out for blood, EmCee.

Stubo

Just got around to trying this, the rest of them have been reasonable to adjust to so far, the ball speeding up in mid-air reminded me of Super Monkey Ball...but owl?

What even is this?!

Jintor

Just got around to trying this, the rest of them have been reasonable to adjust to so far, the ball speeding up in mid-air reminded me of Super Monkey Ball...but owl?

What even is this?!

Only the beginning of your trials.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Got to CR. Fuck this kid.

At first I thought his gimmick wasn't that bad since some of the pitches would be simpler. I was wrong. Eh, boy.

MechaX

I finally fucking beat the Owl. It took me an hour, but I finally beat the owl.

I thought that nothing could stop me, since I fed Pooh enough honey for him to be built like Mark Fucking McGuire.

But Tigger... Invisible fast balls. I... I thought it would be easy, but Tigger mocks you. Stupid dumb cheetos cheetah knows that you think you're winning, but then he yanks it all away at the last possible moment... He fucking knows.

Oh man, I'm going to need a break after this one (PS: Disney, you fucking retroactively ruined my childhood with this)

Stubo

30/50 I can see myself being capable of, but 40/50? I'm bowing before Christopher Robin before he takes hours of my life.

Ultimadrago

Do it. You have what it takes. Look inside yourself and realize your potential!

AmYkum.jpg

Thank you for believing in me, Typographenia!

beattiggervuea5.png

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

itstimetofacegodh4fua.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

sixghost

31 on Christopher Robin. I managed to hit the first 5 owl-pitches he threw. I can't imagine I'll ever get that close again.

MechaX

Is there actually a strategy for Tigger? I can get the timing of actually hitting his pitches down, but good fucking luck not trying to get about half of those hits to not be fouls.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Lost at Level 4 due to Bouncing difficulty spike.

Gonna have to set aside Dark Souls and work on this game for a while. Glad to know it saves your progress.

Ultimadrago

Is there actually a strategy for Tigger? I can get the timing of actually hitting his pitches down, but good fucking luck not trying to get about half of those hits to not be fouls.

This game is like 50% psychological. You can't look at the score. You can't scratch your nose. You can't think. You must stare blankly at the middle of the screen, gauge the pitches, position, and swing.

It's like you can feel your soul exit the body. You become a mindless machine husk.

charsace

Played it. This is a good game technically, just not for the group that its aimed at. The game is fuck hard though. Not full out cheap to beat the player 8-bit era hard, but Dark Souls/Ninja Gaiden hard.

Much props to whoever made this. This is what you do when you have to make a licensed game. Well, at least make the difficulty level appropriate for the age level that the game is aimed at. Other than that this is a good licensed game.

Ketch

Damn, this is easily the best winnie the pooh themed home run derby japanese flash-game I've ever played.

Also, Imagine the disappointment on Christopher Robin's face when he finds out Pooh's been juicing all these years.

Jaxter09

I bet this thread wouldn't be half as long if the title didn't pose a challenge.
I've now spent more time playing this than some indie bundle games

Top Bottom