• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls [PSN] | The originator returns - time to die.

StoppedInTracks said:
How do I trigger (start) the Legendary Wine quest for the Trials DLC? I did the Pori Pori Mushroom one but cannot find the Boss on Trials B10F since I need to trigger him via Legendary Wine...

Is it even triggerable? Or should I go to its location in Shiin and select "Search"?
Did you go to the palace and talk to Klaus and Diement VI about the wine quest? You can't find the wine until you talk to them. And Buzz has to tell you about it first after the mushroom quest.

Gunloc said:
Did you go to the palace and talk to Klaus and Diement VI about the wine quest? You can't find the wine until you talk to them. And Buzz has to tell you about it first after the mushroom quest.

Yes, I talked to them about Diement Proving Grounds but there's no trigger for Legendary Wine :( Buzz also knows nothing about it. And I have the Pori Pori Mushroom quest already done (greyed out). This really sucks :(

I have mapped 100% of Shiin and Dungeon of Trials (10 levels). Moved to Deep Dungeon and I am having really hard time on Deep B2F. The Glowing Slimes hit me for over 1200 damage and call their friends. What's even worse are the Living Armors that regenerate 800 HP each round, ugh. How do I kill them? Cannot even with Odin Sword that dropped there for me. BTW with that weapon I can farm Shiin B10F with no problems at all. Trials B10F not yet as the Demon Lords there are around lvl 33 and kill my Bishops pretty easily.

Can't imagine what lurks on Deep level 5 or 6.

StoppedInTracks said:
Yes, I talked to them about Diement Proving Grounds but there's no trigger for Legendary Wine :( Buzz also knows nothing about it. And I have the Pori Pori Mushroom quest already done (greyed out). This really sucks :(

So, you fought the
Succubi
at the end of the Pori Pori Mushroom quest, and you talked to Buzz afterward where he complained about
monsters issuing quests
?

The quests related to the DLC for Shiin's Dungeon are accessed a bit differently if I recall correctly. I think Buzz just brings it up automatically when you are eligible. What topics of conversation are available at the guild right now?

Also, the subject of the Diement Proving Grounds is not the same as the topic about the Legendary Wine quest at the palace. Klaus and Diement VI will specifically mention bottles of wine and a recipe book.

Gunloc said:
So, you fought the
Succubi
at the end of the Pori Pori Mushroom quest, and you talked to Buzz afterward where he complained about
monsters issuing quests
?

The quests related to the DLC for Shiin's Dungeon are accessed a bit differently if I recall correctly. I think Buzz just brings it up automatically when you are eligible. What topics of conversation are available at the guild right now?

Also, the subject of the Diement Proving Grounds is not the same as the topic about the Legendary Wine quest at the palace. Klaus and Diement VI will specifically mention bottles of wine and a recipe book.

Yes I killed them, twas a hard fight but nothing 6 NAL Bursts can't handle ;)

I will try to re-talk with Buzz and everyone in the city again, maybe that will help. I'd even want to re-do the PPM quest if that is stopping the Wine quest to pop up.

Oh well, let's hope I don't have the Deep Shiin Disturbers Quest bugged :(

Welp I triple checked and I am FUBAR on the Legendary Wine quest meaning I will never fight the Trials B10F Boss... oh well, I will see the fight on YouTube. Too bad cause layout of B8F, B9F and B10F were really well done. What was the reward (from NPCs) for this quest?

I just hope I can trigger every quest in Shiin's Deep Levels :prays

Zee-Row

Banned
How do you make money off your loot in this game? I can't sell ??? items that i get from enemys in the dungeon , the only way is to appraise it but than when its appraised the selling price is the same as the appraisal fee so i don't get a profit off the items.

StoppedInTracks said:
Welp I triple checked and I am FUBAR on the Legendary Wine quest meaning I will never fight the Trials B10F Boss... oh well, I will see the fight on YouTube. Too bad cause layout of B8F, B9F and B10F were really well done. What was the reward (from NPCs) for this quest?

I just hope I can trigger every quest in Shiin's Deep Levels :prays
That's weird, I've never heard of anyone having this problem.

What are the exact topics of conversation that you can discuss with Buzz right now?

Can't check it now, will post later.

I was grinding in Shiin B10F for Bizen Osafune today (Musashis) and I have to say this game has the worst fucking RNG ever.

2 shining gold chests:
- 1 Magic Torch
- 1 Magic Torch

After an hour of killing Musashis they dropped three ?Swords: Katana, Katana -9, Claymore.

Fuck this game.

Gunloc said:
That's weird, I've never heard of anyone having this problem.

What are the exact topics of conversation that you can discuss with Buzz right now?

It is really the weirdest bug ever.

I have no topics regarding the Wine quest or the Mushroom quest. I don't even have the Mushroom quest on my list of already done quests yet I am sure I did it: I collected all the tablet parts and fought the demons.

What is even stranger is that now when I come back to Trials I can trigger the demon encounter in every place where the tablet pieces are... not only at the last one but first one as well. I get the whole message that this is a trap and they attack. I beat them and nothing really changes... Buzz doesn't register that fact.

I think the problem is I encountered them before triggering the quest?

It really sucks but at least it's not the Deep DLC quest.

ronito

My god this game is brutal and there is very little out there on the internet other than "Make a bishop and a ninja", and other people saying "My god this game is brutal".

Looks like Imma gonna read the whole thread for tips. Anyone got a good guide link handy?

DasRaven

ronito said:
My god this game is brutal and there is very little out there on the internet other than "Make a bishop and a ninja", and other people saying "My god this game is brutal".

Looks like Imma gonna read the whole thread for tips. Anyone got a good guide link handy?

There is no guide, only suffering! Welcome to Wizardry, when in doubt run or reroll.

DasRaven said:
There is no guide, only suffering! Welcome to Wizardry, when in doubt run or reroll.

9m0x0.jpg

ronito

so I read the thread and started the whole game over. Much better now. I don't know how someone would do this without appraise, ninja and excocisim.

I'll admit that I wasn't patient enough to get 40s or 47s on all my chars but 20s and 30s is working out pretty well.

Still so much of this is left to chance that I feel out of control on most things and I don't like that. Also what's with the dark areas? What's the point of that?

ronito said:
so I read the thread and started the whole game over. Much better now. I don't know how someone would do this without appraise, ninja and excocisim.

I'll admit that I wasn't patient enough to get 40s or 47s on all my chars but 20s and 30s is working out pretty well.

Still so much of this is left to chance that I feel out of control on most things and I don't like that. Also what's with the dark areas? What's the point of that?

Fear.

Spent 60 minutes grinding for that quest sword from Archinbolds on Shiin B9F. Not even one spawned...

cj_iwakura

Wow, B6 is a cakewalk so far. B5 was utter HELL.

Also, there was a glimmer of a boss theme during a map event. It sounded awesome.
It has a choir and everything!

Then it went back to the generic battle theme. :(

And when it comes to trap detection: trust your priest more than the thief. She's been right more often than him.

OH MY GOD

So after 10 hours of fuitless grinding on Shiin B9F/ B10F for Samurai weapons I decided to just fuck it and continue fighting my way through Deep Dungeon B2F.

Out of the fucking nowhere I got a drop that changed the difficulty of this level from nightmare to manageable:

GRAM

a new sword for my Lord. He does 2.5k damage now and one shots everything in Shiin/ Trials (even the Golden Dragon past the traps on B9F).

I remember when I found my first Holy Mace... damn, it was so good I had to class change one of my three Bishops to a Lord. It was a pretty powerful weapon! 15 hours later I got an Odin Sword. It was almost ridiculous. So much more powerful than the Holy Mace! Now I got a weapon that makes it look like a joke.

And get this: Gram is a Fighter weapon. Meaning Triple Strike for ~7.5k damage :O

I am seriously debating changing one of my Samurais to a Lord. I'd have a Lord with Gram and a Lord with Odin Sword then. Pretty fucking deadly combo!

With the new toy I managed to map almost all Deep Dungeon B2F. I have to soft-reset only when I encounter 5 Glowing Slimes... 3 of them are manageable, 5 is death sentence. I can finally kill the enemies that restore 800 HP per round!

Also it is pretty funny how Deep Dungeon 3F, 4F and 5F are easier than 2F... Can't wait to face the horrors on Deep Dungeon 6F!

God damn I am loving this game. Just had the encounter with, umm, Queen on Deep Dungeon B4F.

Any chance we will get Wizardry: Town of Lost Souls localized?

cj_iwakura said:
Is Deep Dungeon the DLC?

Yeah, the Something Something of Red Sister. $7.99 on PSN. 6 new levels, new items, "new" monsters (pallet swaps + new graphical detail here and there like new Jams have horns on the skull they are holding). Very hard as I am encountering level 60 (!!!) enemies now.

cj_iwakura

I dabbled in the demo I have for Town of Forsaken Spirits, the sequel.

I really hope it comes out here. Has a much creepier vibe to it. The town is decrepit and abandoned, and the dungeon is a wasteland desert.

Also, I think it's fully voice acted; every line Beatrice(the new innkeeper) said was spoken.

I might record some stuff from it to show it off for a taste of it, but I have a feeling it'll come here. This seems like kind of an all or nothing deal.

I finished the japanese demo of Town of Lost Souls as well. It's the same game only difference being you are overground instead of underground. Lots of new enemy sprites as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Labyrinth of Lost Souls I've fully mapped Deep DLC B3F-B5F... ugh... never again! Finding that one last secret room on B4F was a real pain in the ass.

Now I'm on the last level of DLC and am pretty much getting my ass handed to me. Rows of enemies hitting 2k damage EACH, level 45 Leapers, Demon Hayates... nightmare out there. It's not that I cannot kill them - two Samurais with Muramasas aka The Death Squad take care of one row of any enemy type in 1 round, it's just that they kill me before I even attack!

A while ago I mentioned how I was grinding Musashis on Shiin B10F for 10 hours for any Samurai weapon. I didn't get any so I moved to Deep Dungeon DLC. Well get this: in 1 hour on B4F without ANY grinding (just normal mapping) I got 2 Muramasas, a Samurai weapon better than the ones Musashis drop! My Samurai can either hit one enemy for over 3k damage or row of enemies for 1.5k damage. And I have two of them :) Plus a Lord that hits for 2.5k.

Pretty sweet, huh?

ronito

derp derp playing though. Oh my Samurai just died I'll take him to the temple to get revived.

"Samurai has turned to ash."

No problems no worries. I'll just revive him

"Samurai is permanently gone."

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuu

Ok the last DLC quest (Runaway Power of Darkness) is undoable on my party level (45). Can't beat the 2nd group of mobs.

Also I seem to be missing some Demon bestiary entries, what's up? I know one of them is Luxuria Anguis (or something) but I am missing 2 more.

Also cannot, for the life of me, spawn Golden Golems :/

Zee-Row

Banned
I'm almost at level 40 but i'm still getting my ass kicked at 9B in the dungeon. Is it a good i idea to put my characters back to level 1 and change their classes?

Zee-Row said:
I'm almost at level 40 but i'm still getting my ass kicked at 9B in the dungeon. Is it a good i idea to put my characters back to level 1 and change their classes?
According to my notes, my characters were between level 19 and 28 when I beat the game. Wouldn't it take forever to level them up again if you rolled them back to level 1? Have you tried changing tactics? I used "magic wall" a lot in the lower levels of the dungeon.

Zee-Row said:

Do they have 1k HP? If not then change class to Bishop, level up till LVL 26 (about 1.5M gold) and then change back class to what they are currently using.

If you cannot change classes because of alignment go to Shiin 4BF and fight/ leave Crusaders there till the change of alignment happens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My party is around LVL 50 and I can finally grind Deep Dungeon 6BF. I have class changed my Ninja (with Cyclone Orochi!, best Ninja Weapon in the game) to Samurai because as a Ninja he was damn useless.

My party consists of Sam, Sam, Sam (all with Muramasas), Lord with Gram, and 2 Bishops with Holy Maces/ Comet Staves. Fighters have around 2k HP, Bishops 1k. There's this one puny Gnome Bishop on LVL 55 who has 1100 HP :( I could class-change her back-to-back to around 1700 HP but it would cost me 6M gold...

I can deal with pretty much everything on Deep 6BF even with an encounter with:

2 Albino Dragons
2 Devil Musashi
2 Demon Hayates

which gives me a whooping 50k experience per party member!

And I finally save every three encounters not every one there :p

However I still cannot beat Runaway Power of Darkness quest Tier 2 mobs. I mean fighting rows of LVL 85 enemies is pretty painful... they kill me very quickly.

Rolf NB

Man, sealing those intertwined, all-no-warp-zone floors in the DLC was such a pain in the ass. I already had everything mapped down to B5F before I even got the quest. Sheesh.

Still can't beat the DLC boss fight. Actually I can hardly beat random encounters on Deep B6F. I've been reloading my savegame more than I play, or so it seems. Enemies hit for 2.7k damage, and my characters have 800hp at most. Bishop at 450 or so. And all enemies always go first all the time. The only thing I can get out before being struck down is a magic wall. And the first incoming hit, no matter what, destroys it. Been grinding out a few levels on higher floors. Made no difference at all, of course.

I can't imagine what kind of ungodly armor I'd have to find to be able to survive those lovely encounters with 4 Albino Dragons and some Leapers or Raens thrown in on top. I have master plates, holy armors, Aegis Shields, Leonidas' whatevers, Fairy Gloves, Wisdom Boots etc etc. Doesn't help one bit. Dual Grams and a Muramasa for offense, too. But I'm usually dead before I can hit back.

Dat balance. It's completely messed up.

Also had a moment when I checked in the Legendary Wines quest. The reward? For the supposed hardest, final non-DLC quest? 5000 Gold! You gotta be kidding me!

There's a lot, a lot they have to fix to interest me in any more of this.

ronito

I have noticed the balance is really screwed in this game. I remember once when I took a graphic arts class I had to make a board game. There were spaces where you had to draw a card. For the fun of it I put in some "Lose the Game." cards in the stack. This game is a lot like that. Sometimes you feel like you just drew the "Lose the Game" card.

And yet for that, I still keep coming back. I've not heard good things about the DLC, so how many floors of the main game are there in the dungeons?

ronito said:
And yet for that, I still keep coming back. I've not heard good things about the DLC, so how many floors of the main game are there in the dungeons?
There are 10 floors in the main dungeon and I think 5 in the bonus dungeon unless you shell out for the DLC. The unfair random elements of the game work both ways. You can exploit the dice rolls to your advantage. Don't forget to save often.

Rolf NB

ronito said:
I have noticed the balance is really screwed in this game. I remember once when I took a graphic arts class I had to make a board game. There were spaces where you had to draw a card. For the fun of it I put in some "Lose the Game." cards in the stack. This game is a lot like that. Sometimes you feel like you just drew the "Lose the Game" card.

Base game is 6 floors Dungeon Of Trials and 10 floors of Shiin. 5$ DLC to extend DoT to 10 floors.

The recent 8$ DLC adds a third dungeon with 6 floors. It has its own entrance from the town. New enemies (at least some are palette swaps) mixed in with old enemies. New loot. Last floor is super insano hard. As in, I can one-shot black dragons in Shiin B10F before they even get a move, but I survive maybe 30% of the random encounters in Deep B6F.

Rolf NB said:
Base game is 6 floors Dungeon Of Trials and 10 floors of Shiin. 5$ DLC to extend DoT to 10 floors.

The recent 8$ DLC adds a third dungeon with 6 floors. It has its own entrance from the town. New enemies (at least some are palette swaps) mixed in with old enemies. New loot. Last floor is super insano hard. As in, I can one-shot black dragons in Shiin B10F before they even get a move, but I survive maybe 30% of the random encounters in Deep B6F.

There are no new enemies in Deep Dungeon. Everything is a pallete swap.

Also dude 800HP on Deep 6BF is *suicide*. There is no loot that can help you with that low HP. No such armor.

My Bishop has 1100 HP and still is always getting killed first.

Rolf NB

Right! I'm telling you, it's death all around!

Character growth is so slow though in comparison to the difficulty ramp that you'd have to replay levels/grind like a madman to keep up. I'm not sure I want to. Feels like I've seen everything already. And indeed, I've mapped every last square of the dungeon.

So I know that theoretically, the way to proceed is to switch classes, get more hitpoints. But I have to ask:
Do levels really do nothing at all in combat? Initiative maybe?

Rolf NB said:
Right! I'm telling you, it's death all around!

Character growth is so slow though in comparison to the difficulty ramp that you'd have to replay levels/grind like a madman to keep up. I'm not sure I want to. Feels like I've seen everything already. And indeed, I've mapped every last square of the dungeon.

So I know that theoretically, the way to proceed is to switch classes, get more hitpoints. But I have to ask:
Do levels really do nothing at all in combat? Initiative maybe?

Hmm I'm not sure what exactly higher level does. For 100% it makes you hits register better meaning a 20 LVL character will always miss a 80 LVL monster whereas a 60 LVL character will more than often hit it, given same equipment and all that. I also think it somehow ups your stats and gives you better defens and dodge rate. But this is only empirical experience.

Best advise I can give you is dump your low HP Bishops and create a new Dwarven Fighter character at the Guild with max Vitality and Luck. Get him to your party and tithe away till level 40 or so. Then class-change back to Bishop (use book if you have alignment issues) and tithe back to level 40.

Voilla. 1800 HP Bishop ready. This what I did this morning. Fuck low-life Bishops.

Rolf NB

Ok, finally beat the Deep B6F boss. Had to accept one death to do it, but hey, it's the end of the game, right? Nope. LV49 (!!) quest pops up next. I guess they want to sell the 99Cent level cap increase to me now.

And what the hell is it with those quest rewards. The magatama chain, seriously? Why would I ever want that thing back?

Let it be known that I am done. Not taking this anymore. Not whoring loot, grinding levels and cash for tithing. Not save/reloading every ten steps, and once before a chest, once before a door, and once after a fight.

DONE.

Rolf NB said:
Ok, finally beat the Deep B6F boss. Had to accept one death to do it, but hey, it's the end of the game, right? Nope. LV49 (!!) quest pops up next. I guess they want to sell the 99Cent level cap increase to me now.

And what the hell is it with those quest rewards. The magatama chain, seriously? Why would I ever want that thing back?

Let it be known that I am done. Not taking this anymore. Not whoring loot, grinding levels and cash for tithing. Not save/reloading every ten steps, and once before a chest, once before a door, and once after a fight.

DONE.

Hahahahaha.

Dude if you want to have the 49 LVL quest completed you can already. Tier 1 is very doable and then it will be "Finished" in your Quest Log. Of course Tier 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 will be haunting you forever :p

What I mean is that to "finish" this quest and get the reward you must only do 1/6th of it. The rest is optional and requires a FUCK TON of grinding/ tithe whoring...

BTW did you kill the Trials B10F boss? I cannot even spawn it, my quest line is broken.

Rolf NB

In that case, I'll go for Tier 1 and then let it go. Seriously, I've played this thing for too long already.
StoppedInTracks said:
BTW did you kill the Trials B10F boss? I cannot even spawn it, my quest line is broken.
I think I did. It's the very last room, some sort of vampire, right? He's a pushover. I hear he gains 10 levels every time though, and he spawns again if you leave/reenter the dungeon.
I only offed him once.

You have to do the Pori Pori Mushroom quest, which is completely bugged for everyone. Not in the quest log, only Buzz will have the topic but won't be helpful. Check off the tablet locations from here.
Then you have to do Legendary Wines.
Then you can unlock this particular quest.

I like how gaining levels post LVL 50 means approx 50 HP gained per level :) I hope it means 60 HP post level 60 and up to 100 HP near LVL 100.

Did anybody finish all Tiers of the Runaway Power of Darkness quest?

Can you spoil for me what monsters at what levels are there? So far I am stuck @ Tier 2 ones (Venus Man-Wall, Darkness Bunny, Sorrow Manits - levels 60-85). I know last Tier is boss @ level 99.

I managed to kill Tier 2 mobs in the last quest with only one guy standing left, 300 HP.

Tier 3 is ridiculous. LVL90 Vampires and other dudes hitting me for 3k damage while my highest HP party member has 2200 HP....

Not 20 minutes have passed since I posted that and I cleared Tier 3, 4 and 5!

Tier 2 was the most difficult so far with Tier 3 coming right after it.

Now for the last boss who heals up for 4800 points each round and hits my members for 8500 damage while I cannot even scratch him with my Samurais...

Hehe if you find Super Goblins hard then I cannot even think what would the Super Tigers, Super Mauras, Super Vampires, Super Mantii, Super Giants, Super Dragons, Super Reys and Super Bunnies from your avatar do to you.

Most of the later Tier enemies heal 3000 HP per round...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

I killed the LVL99 super boss, yay! Without even hitting him physically once cause that was impossible given my party level of 50...

Took me 7 turns and about 30 minutes of trial and error preparations before got to my perfect strategy of Smiting him to death. In fact it is pretty doable on party as low as LVL 30 I'd say... but only the last boss. Tier 2, 3 and 5 are pretty much impossible on LVL 50, they took me few hours to finally get it through (countless reloads I was praying for them to be distracted, confused etc.).

And I still cannot trigger the Legendary Wine quest, lol.

Top Bottom