• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls [PSN] | The originator returns - time to die.

Aselith

I just got this game today and I played for a little bit then saved my game and quit out...later I came back and hit continue and it loaded my game but it just dumps me back to the character creation screen when it loads. What the fuck is going on?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Aselith said:
I just got this game today and I played for a little bit then saved my game and quit out...later I came back and hit continue and it loaded my game but it just dumps me back to the character creation screen when it loads. What the fuck is going on?

Select the main character you were using?

Aselith

Seraphis Cain said:
Select the main character you were using?

Ok, so if I select the same race it will let me pick up my main character...why in the hell did they set it up that way? That seems really weird. Why not have starting a new game and continuing an existing game be seperate menus?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Aselith said:
Ok, so if I select the same race it will let me pick up my main character...why in the hell did they set it up that way? That seems really weird. Why not have starting a new game and continuing an existing game be seperate menus?

Because, as I understand it, everything is shared between main characters. If you beat the game with one character, then select another, you can use all the party members/equipment/etc you had with the previous MC. Hence why everything has to be on the same save file.

Aselith

Seraphis Cain said:
Because, as I understand it, everything is shared between main characters. If you beat the game with one character, then select another, you can use all the party members/equipment/etc you had with the previous MC. Hence why everything has to be on the same save file.

I see. That's pretty neat.

BOTEC

ronito said:
Did my eyes deceive me or did I see a version of this on the iPhone App store?
Yep, it's there. I don't know if it's actually XSEED's version though. No other logos other than Acquire. It's a little clunky (and buggy), but fun.

i wonder if xseed will bring the next PSN game anytime soon?

i'm hungry for some wizardry. i realise the EU version has not been released yet.

cj_iwakura

Just picked up Red Shadow of the Sister. I'm probably the only person here who cares, but how's the story to it? I enjoyed Labyrinth's story tidbits a lot.

Also, someone from XSeed was willing to share jokes regarding Town of Forsaken Spirits with me via twitter, so hey, they know it exists. :p

cj_iwakura said:
Just picked up Red Shadow of the Sister. I'm probably the only person here who cares, but how's the story to it? I enjoyed Labyrinth's story tidbits a lot.

Also, someone from XSeed was willing to share jokes regarding Town of Forsaken Spirits with me via twitter, so hey, they know it exists. :p
The story is a lot more present during the actual dungeon exploring, which is cool. Some creepy moments too. Beware though, it's much harder, especially towards the end. And watch out for the huge glitch. (I posted about it earlier in this thread.)

Tizoc

The game is on EU PSN now with a demo/trial.

Watching a video of it on Youtube to see what this plays like.

cj_iwakura

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WcBF8pSJew

Recorded this a few days ago; this is Town of Forsaken Spirits if you want a taste of the sequel. (Japanese PSN demo.)

XSeed is still localizing Acquire stuff, and XSeed mentioned this game(in response to me) on Twitter, so they know it's out there. Let's hope.

Hi2u: No. God no. But the music it does have isn't bad.

cj_iwakura

I decided to man up and try to finish this game, partially out of whimsy, partially in hopes Town of Forsaken Spirits is coming soon.

Red Sister? Deep Levels? EFF THAT ISH.

Good god. I'm getting wiped on 1F.

I'll stick to grinding in Shi'in's.

cj_iwakura

And I just beat the game, FINALLY.

Heck of a fight, but spamming Smite and Ice Magic made
Temptuous Rex
into ash. :D

Kenji Ito composed the theme music. No wonder it's so good.

I'm ready for that sequel now, XSeed.

Red Shadow? Brrrr.

I LOVE that creepy art of Demi-Samantha that I saw on 2F. Someone find it!

cj_iwakura

Question from someone at another board, maybe someone here knows?

My trophies are bugged I think? I've finished all the scenarios and haven't gotten the "savior of the empire" thingy...do you know why that would be?

cj_iwakura

I'm pretty sure you need to actually finish the game with every character, not just clear their personal scenario. That's the only thing I can think of.

I finished the game with each character. All the quests, and then rescuing the king, etc.

But if you go to the inn and look at the album, there's a "clear type" thing, with portraits of each of your scenarios.

I've gotten all the trophies for clearing those scenarios, but because I deleted the characters, I no longer have those portraits there.

I hope the portraits don't unlock it. That would be awful.

I assume he's screwed.

On a lighter note, once I finish the walkthrough stuff(few more hours of work), my FAQ should go live.

Put entirely too much work into it so far! (Wouldn't have it any other way.)

cj_iwakura

I just killed the halfway DLC boss.

Yikes. She pulled out all the stops.

If main hadn't done 3 1k hits in a row(I don't know how), it might've taken me another half an hour. She had like 4000 HP, I think.

Not to mention the mummy army and high accuracy death magic... yeesh.

sat0sh1

Neo Member
any one still playing ? I know that I am late to the party.

After 3.5 hours with the demo, I had to buy it.

I just bought this 2 weeks ago and have got 35% of the trophies, I am loving this title. I am trying to finish 10F at the moment, and was wondering about the DLC.

I think that I'll pick up the trials DLC which is cheaper, after I've completed the "Story" with my first character. Then after that I was going to get the Deeper "Red Shadow of the Sister" since I read that was quite hard.

I also had a quick play of the demo of the second one - prisoners of the lost which seemed very interesting.

Time for a very important question, if you will. :D

Even though I love Wizardry and I'm having a good time with the very similar CoH2 right now, I stayed away from this. The dungeon graphics brings out many memories and is actually what I want.

I always thought I would pass this game up, but how hard and how large is the Red Shadow of the Sister dungeon? Is it worth it?

Thanks! :)

cj_iwakura

Game is down to $9.99 now if anyone's on the fence. Long wait, I know.

Hey, maybe the sequel has a chance still!

Oh, and the DLC is nuts. The dungeon is certainly huge.

I just bought this game. I loved the old rpgs when I was young, Bard's Tale, Wizardry, Might and Magic, etc., and bought this when I saw it on the PS store.

Does a characters' Luck stat affect item drops? And if so, is the Luck stat of the party leader what determines item drops, or does the game use the highest Luck in the party?

So uh, I finally caved and bought the sequel. It's 2,000Y on the JPSN, so yeah, it cost me twice as much as LoLS. :p

Hopefully it's worth it, I couldn't wait any longer.

I'm on the final floor, but not yet, no. :p
*sigh*

I really wish we got the sequel in English. I loved the first game. :(

cj_iwakura

*sigh*

I really wish we got the sequel in English. I loved the first game. :(

Let it gooooooo.gif

Playing it, I can kind of see why it was a pass. It's very bare-bones. There's no NPCs in the town, just Elizabeth(I think that's her name).

It seems to be a deserted town, she sets you on your way, go.

That said, the gameplay and (outdoor!) dungeon atmosphere seems as good as ever, so I don't regret it.

cj_iwakura

As promised, forgive the Vita pics:

zcBzoar.jpg

(Thief)
SijlwA3.jpg

(Mage)
o6sBAF4.jpg

(Warrior)
h3mKgjx.jpg

(Warrior)
7uyWnjW.jpg

(Samurai)
3nBtmui.jpg

(Priest[ess])
XmW7nvz.jpg

xEtNz9J.jpg

Isn't that the girl from Red Shadow of the Sister?

There's a TON of options, too, with On/Off toggles.

If someone could translate them, I'd appreciate it.

cj_iwakura

I hit a wall on 2F. The stairs go back to town. I've mapped out both floors completely, the only hint I have is some quest from Arahawi. Any hints?

cj_iwakura

I figured it out. That dungeon is ONLY two floors(thanks Dorarnae!).

However, the game has multiple dungeons. Only small ones.

I can see why XSeed passed on this. It feels very lazy compared to LoLS. The shops are exactly the same between towns, and there's only one that even has an owner: the bar and Elizabeth. The NPCs that are here are great, but it's very thin.

LoLS is way more story driven. This is just a straight-up DC.

Top Bottom