• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls [PSN] | The originator returns - time to die.

cj_iwakura

Gunloc said:
Bonus 29? Yes please.

How much does alignment affect? I'm planning on making four neutral, with one good and one evil party member.

And what would be the best choice for my main character? (Human male fighter?)

That won't work, IIRC. Evil and Good can't be in the same party.

And I made a HMF, so I'd say yes.

Wait wait wait. Bonus stat points at character creation?

How do you pull that off? I'm only five minutes in so I'll go ahead and re-roll.

cj_iwakura

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Wait wait wait. Bonus stat points at character creation?

How do you pull that off? I'm only five minutes in so I'll go ahead and re-roll.

Yep. Re-roll like crazy.

Demo saves will be transferrable to the main game right? I wanna get my party maxed to level 5 then go ahead with the $15.

edit: I forgot to roll a goddamned Thief!

I know this was a quick and dirty topic due to the surprise release, but it's missing something vital - at least one screenshot of actual gameplay! Maybe even a video of gameplay rather than intro.

cj_iwakura

Word of advice:

Do not go into the dungeon without buying a map from Ironhand.

Otherwise you'll regret it.

Einbroch

Banned
Dreamwriter said:
I know this was a quick and dirty topic, but it's missing something vital - at least one screenshot of actual gameplay! Maybe even a video of gameplay rather than intro.
That would actually turn people away (unfairly).

Einbroch said:
That would actually turn people away (unfairly).
Lack of anything showing gameplay is turning *me* away - I've played many franchises brought back from olden times, only to find they've completely changed the genre, just really using the old franchise for its name and instant audience. Without even having a trailer to view, I have to actually download the demo, where normally this is something I'd buy without thinking.

cj_iwakura said:
Word of advice:

Do not go into the dungeon without buying a map from Ironhand.

Otherwise you'll regret it.

Yep.

I noticed something weird, I walked in a straight line for a while down a corridor until I realized that it loops. I thought it was going on forever for a while there!

cj_iwakura

Dreamwriter said:
Lack of anything showing gameplay is turning *me* away - I've played many franchises brought back from olden times, only to find they've completely changed the genre, just really using the old franchise for its name and instant audience. Without even having a trailer to view, I have to actually download the demo, where normally this is something I'd buy without thinking.

OP is updated with screens. There is no trailer as of yet.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Gunloc said:
Can you roll 40s for characters you make at the guild? I've yet to see anything over 20.

Yes. I just got 47... lol

It's very rare though apparently. But the min/maxer in me doesn't care.

xelios

Gunloc said:
Are you playing the demo or the full game?

Full game. I've only gotten 40 once and 47 (edit: twice now) once in maybe an hour of rolling? Couple of 30s.

xelios said:
Full game. I've only gotten 40 once and 47 once in maybe an hour of rolling? Couple of 30s.
Uh, wow.

It was really easy to get a 40 for my main, but I've still yet to see anything over 20 for guild created characters. I'm hoping they didn't nerf the rolls in the demo version.

Edit: I just got a 30. What to do...

Augemitbutter said:
so can anybody tell me more about PIE?
YM9fL.jpg

xelios

Augemitbutter said:
so can anybody tell me more about PIE?

It's like WIS, so for priests/bishops, possibly lords.

Anyone know
if there are NPCs that join your party, and if so do you need one of your 6 slots free
?

xelios

If anyone is wondering about requirements for being various classes, I found this which seems to be correct:

Warrior 12 STR
Mage 12 INT
Priest 12 PIE, alignment evil or good
Thief 10 AGI 12 LUC, alignment evil or neutral
Bishop 13 INT 13 PIE, alignment evil or good
Samurai 15 STR 11 INT 10 PIE 14 VIT 10 AGI 9 LUC, alignment neutral or good
Lord 15 STR 12 INT 12 PIE 15 VIT 14 AGI 15 LUC, alignment good
Ninja all stats 15, alignment evil

xelios said:
If anyone is wondering about requirements for being various classes, I found this which seems to be correct:

Warrior 12 STR
Mage 12 INT
Priest 12 PIE, alignment evil or good
Thief 10 AGI 12 LUC, alignment evil or neutral
Bishop 13 INT 13 PIE, alignment evil or good
Samurai 15 STR 11 INT 10 PIE 14 VIT 10 AGI 9 LUC, alignment neutral or good
Lord 15 STR 12 INT 12 PIE 15 VIT 14 AGI 15 LUC, alignment good
Ninja all stats 15, alignment evil

Imagine a party of 6 ninja.

xelios

disappeared said:
Imagine a party of 6 ninja.

5 ninja + bishop = profit!

I'm gonna go with Bishop, Samurai, Lord, Thief, Ninja + ? first just to get a feel for the various classes.

no chance for different color palettes? couldn't find anything.

also it said growth fruit at the char. creation. i assume this is some kind of DLC?

vall03

I have a question about the demo, what if I purchase the game afterwards? Do I just activate it? It seems that the full game and the demo both have around 400+mb, hope that I dont have to re-download the full game...

Teknoman

Moobabe said:
Is this anything like Etryian Odyssey? Considering this

Sure, minus Yuzo Koshiro music. Looks a little darker of course. If you like Etrian or any first person dungeon crawler, this should be up your alley.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Teknoman said:
Sure, minus Yuzo Koshiro music. Looks a little darker of course. If you like Etrian or any first person dungeon crawler, this should be up your alley.

Is it in anything similar to Phantasy Star I or a bit better looking (doesn't look like a Windows Maze Screensaver)? :p

I was a little curious as to why they didn't just mute out the Japanese voice overs by default. Anyway, set the Voice level to 0%.

Top Bottom