• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls [PSN] | The originator returns - time to die.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Whats the add-on about? Is it a major part of the game thats missing if I dont buy it?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Gunloc said:
My eyes are bleeding, I'm gonna roll the rest of my characters tomorrow.

Same here, need 1 more. Rolling for 40s+ is a PITA

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Tried the demo... maybe because I'm a ST Wizardry fanboy, but I'm not feeling it =/

I guess if you like the PS2 game and the Class of Heroes games, this is for you.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is there a list of what the differences between the races are?

I could only find this:

Dwarfs start out with high strength and vitality. Gnomes, on the other hand, are blessed with high piety, but low physical strength, which make them the perfect priests.Humans are well rounded.

Is there more to it?

I assume this isn't going to be released in Europe. Would anyone mind picking up a $20 PSN card for me? I can pay you through PayPal.

Lyonaz

I hate you guys for mentioning rerolling for better Bonus stats, I've been rerolling for like 30 minutes now to get enough points for my Female Human Ninja >.<

-edit- Fuck yeah got 47 points!

Ricker

What`s this re roll thing you guys are talking about? I`m at the hero creation screen,I see that I have 6 Bonus points,that`s it...

Mudo

AAAAAHHHHH!!!! I thought this was coming out in the fall! I adore the PS2 Wizardry game (Tale of the Forsaken Land) - is this one similar to it? A main town, a multi-level fuck-awesome dungeon etc?! Buying the second I get home tonight!

Lyonaz

Ricker said:
What`s this re roll thing you guys are talking about? I`m at the hero creation screen,I see that I have 6 Bonus points,that`s it...
Press O on the stats screen to back out and press X again to return to stats and with a different bonus everytime. You can repeat till you are satisfied, 40+ will do :p

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Whoo boy. Spent around half an hour re-rolling.

Got two characters, one with 39 and the other with 47.

Only four more to go. ....hating life...

Durante

I think all of you are having fun at my expense and it's not actually possible to get more than 20 bonus points.

I'm not sure if going to the pain of buying a US PSN card, recover my US account and buy the game or wait the unconfirmed EU version. If I knew that the game is coming to EU, I'll wait... but I fear that I may wait for nothing.

Edit: I saw in XSEED page that the game is coming to EU... but not info about when.

Ricker

Lyonaz said:
Press O on the stats screen to back out and press X again to return to stats and with a different bonus everytime. You can repeat till you are satisfied, 40+ will do :p

Ah ok thanks...and no map in the dungeons? wth...

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Augemitbutter said:
don't be like me and cancel your awesome rolls by skipping too fast.

I did that...twice, because I was bored and basically playing a rhythm game with the buttons. Wanted to punch something each time.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Ricker said:
Ah ok thanks...and no map in the dungeons? wth...

You can buy one for 5G at the item shop. Inside the dungeon press the square button to view the map.

Edit: Is there a cheap way to get long range weapons in the beginning of the game? I only saw the slingshot at the item shop for about 14000G.

lljride

Never played a Wizardry game before (or EO..or a FPS dungeon crawl) so I'll have to check out the demo tonight. The screenshots look great. If the platinum is just time consuming to get that's cool too, I have no problem mindlessly grinding for 200 hours.

Ricker

Jucksalbe said:
You can buy one for 5G at the item shop. Inside the dungeon press the square button to view the map.

Edit: Is there a cheap way to get long range weapons in the beginning of the game? I only saw the slingshot at the item shop for about 14000G.

Could of sworn I tried all the buttons to bring up a map hehe,thanks
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Is there a demo?
Kitty,yes there`s a demo on PSN,might need a few tries to get it to work though but it`s there...

Mr_Elysia

Countless hours of my youth...countless...on wizardry V SNES.

I guess I'm biting the bullet to find out what a "growth fruit" is? No one has done so yet? I don't exactly want to do so if it's buying levels or...you know I don't exactly want to do it if it encourages micro-transactions of any kind.

Update:
Attempted to apply growth fruit as it says (Playstation Network) next to it instead of (Playstation Store) and returned errors three times. The last time it froze for a good thirty seconds scaring me into thinking I would lose my high roll. I tried it for science. I failed. The mysteries of the universe continue to evade.

This looks similar to Class of Heroes for the PSP.

I thought I heard CoH was in the Wizardry family. Renamed for NA or something...

Mr_Elysia

Update: Decided to try to use the Growth Fruit on a random new adventurer. It did go through this time and now says I have no fruits left. It seems to have done nothing that I can discern. For science!

jorgeton

Oh man. Did not expect this out so soon. I know what I'm doing once I get out of work!

So, what do people think so far? I never played a Wizardry before, but love Etrian Odyssey.

Does the game support custom soundtracks by any chance?

cj_iwakura

archnemesis said:
I assume this isn't going to be released in Europe. Would anyone mind picking up a $20 PSN card for me? I can pay you through PayPal.

It is being released in Europe!

Not sure when, though.

cj_iwakura said:
It is being released in Europe!

Not sure when, though.
I went ahead and ordered a US PSN card from eBay. If there's a disc release over here it's going to cost at least twice as much. The US dollar isn't worth much these days.

cj_iwakura

thanks said:
This game came out of nowhere for me!

Quick question, what's the difference between bishops and priests?

You want a Priest to start with. They get better Healing magic, Bishops are more jacks of all trades, and can take a hit or two(I think).

Also, don't freak out if you have like no HP. Level ups improve it fast.
(In other words, don't be afraid to man up and accept a 10-20 stat roll. :p)

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Dogfacedgod said:
This looks similar to Class of Heroes for the PSP.

I thought I heard CoH was in the Wizardry family. Renamed for NA or something...

From what I've been told, CoH was first originally developed as a Wizardry game, but about halfway through development, they switched directions and made it into CoH.

cj_iwakura

Here you go.

xelios said:
If anyone is wondering about requirements for being various classes, I found this which seems to be correct:

Warrior 12 STR
Mage 12 INT
Priest 12 PIE, alignment evil or good
Thief 10 AGI 12 LUC, alignment evil or neutral
Bishop 13 INT 13 PIE, alignment evil or good
Samurai 15 STR 11 INT 10 PIE 14 VIT 10 AGI 9 LUC, alignment neutral or good
Lord 15 STR 12 INT 12 PIE 15 VIT 14 AGI 15 LUC, alignment good
Ninja all stats 15, alignment evil

Putting this in the OP.

cj_iwakura said:
Vorpal Bunny
mons8_01.jpg
mons8_02.jpg

(Fetch the holy hand grenade!)

Will purchase based on this alone.

thanks

cj_iwakura said:
You want a Priest to start with. They get better Healing magic, Bishops are more jacks of all trades, and can take a hit or two(I think).

Also, don't freak out if you have like no HP. Level ups improve it fast.
(In other words, don't be afraid to man up and accept a 10-20 stat roll. :p)

Thanks. Already sick of rolling and I'm only two characters in. Really going to sink my teeth into this game over the next few days.

cj_iwakura

If anyone wants to make some snazzy banners and/or a better OP graphic, that would be awesome. I ripped most of that from the Wizardry website. :p

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Tried the demo today; liked it. Gonna buy a US PSN card on eBay and purchase it (not gonna wait for the European release).

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't sell loot until I identify them, but the cost of appraising them is the same as the money I can get from selling them. What should I do with unidentified loot?

Top Bottom