• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Otome Community Thread: Happiness isn't a limited commodity, my love is boundless!

jzbluz

Huh, so XSEED might announce an otome title.
In a recent interview you stated that you might be looking into the Otome visual novel genre as a possible project for XSEED, is this still on your mind?

KB: Yes, it’s actually something that we’ve been looking into for a couple years. It’s never quite panned with the exact titles we are looking into, but now I think we are fairly close to announcing something soon.

Watch it fall through again.

Saphirax

I can imagine them doing what they did last year which is announcing them like a week before then showing them off there.

Three months to go~

Two new otome games are coming to Steam (they were mobile games originally).

C67599tWYAE5PuL.jpg
C675_HtWkAAxbsU.jpg

https://twitter.com/dogenzaka_lab/status/841885786496749568

ss-hikaru

I finished one route of Code Realize and don't really like the other characters much so not feeling motivated to do the rest. I also don't really see how you could get a happy ending without ending up with
Victor
, so I guess I should play the others to find out. True route is
Lupin
route I guess? Cardia truly is a great heroine.

....Thinking about it I do have questions about
Finis, Aleister and Isaac
so I really should play the rest ^^; Now to figure out how Path of Genesis works.

Saphirax

Code Realize double pack (I assume this is the original game and the fan disc) is also getting a ps4 release.

Can't post the link since it's a magazine scan.

Code Realize double pack (I assume this is the original game and the fan disc) is also getting a ps4 release.

Can't post the link since it's a magazine scan.

Figured this one would be next since it's fairly popular.

Assume stuff like Diabolik Lovers and Norn9 is coming too.

And once again, they're sabotaging the western sales with an early announcement lol.

Shizuka

And once again, they're sabotaging the western sales with an early announcement lol.

Really? Would you rather play these visual novels now on the Vita where all the otomes are or wait for a potential PS4 pack years down the road? I agree that's sabotaging in other cases like the Dengeki Bunko fighting game (that never came), but this isn't really sabotaging.

Really? Would you rather play these visual novels now on the Vita where all the otomes are or wait for a potential PS4 pack years down the road? I agree that's sabotaging in other cases like the Dengeki Bunko fighting game (that never came), but this isn't really sabotaging.

I'd rather play on Vita, but we've already seen people in this very thread say they'd wait for the PS4 version of Hakuouki, I don't see why it's any different for Code Realize?

Not that it matters to them in this case since it's Aksys doing the localizing.

Shizuka

I'd rather play on Vita, but we've already seen people in this very thread say they'd wait for the PS4 version of Hakuouki, I don't see why it's any different for Code Realize?

Not that it matters to them in this case since it's Aksys doing the localizing.

Well, there's always a better deal if you wait, even if it's just a sale or a price drop. I don't get that train of thought myself, specially if I really want to play the game, but to each their own.

Saphirax

They've answered every single question so far, so we'll see.

Same thing happened with Nightshade. All questions but the ones concering a potential Vita release were answered.

Regardless, I don't hold much hope for them releasing the games on Vita as well. That'd be too good to be true.

I don't see it for Diabolik Lovers. I'd love to be surprised but that series is dark as fuck, man. I don't see anyone wanting to put that out in a market like this that isn't used to that kind of stuff.

Well, there's always a better deal if you wait, even if it's just a sale or a price drop. I don't get that train of thought myself, specially if I really want to play the game, but to each their own.

I personally don't like to wait for a price drop, but if I have to pay twice for the same game in two parts or I could just buy it once... I mean they've already gotten my money the first two times lol. I would prefer to play it on Vita as I like to snuggle up on the couch with otome but I'd consider waiting for sure.

jzbluz

I see the Hakuoki artist is still getting paid.

It's not the same artist.

I feel like it's not as big as a deal as Hakuoki since Aksys might not have known about the port when they licensed the CR fandis, but it makes sense that the reason that IFI are even releasing the second part of Hakuoki is because they planned on releasing the PS4 port from the start.

Sent them a tweet.

But they aren't even PSN publishers as far as I know so it's kinda pointless. It's not like D3P who can potentially publish the vita version of Nightshade but choose not to.

Shizuka

Between this and Fata Morgana, Dramatic Create has way too many solid visual novels they could localize or offer to western publishers.

Saphirax

At first I was excited, but then I saw it's exclusive to their online store and their international shipping is ridiculous.

Hahhahaha...it's $73...that's going to be what - 73 pounds in Europe, not including shipping? Yikes.

At least you're not the only one with pricing woes :p.

pariah164

What's naff mean? Looks pretty! Love the colors.
I beliieve 'naff' means something tasteless or classless, lacking style, that sort of deal. It does look hella pretty tho. I preordered it. Need more Otome in my life.

Just holding out for the Code: Realize and Amnesia fandiscs.

Saphirax

The Amnesia fandiscs are so amazing that one of them even retconned the plot of the original game.

Seriously...nothing happens in them. Otomate just milking the series. I'd rather they'd skip any fandiscs to be honest. Heck, Hakuoki is one of my favorite games ever and I'd still take another game over Hakuoki SSL too.

pariah164

The Amnesia fandiscs are so amazing that one of them even retconned the plot of the original game.

Seriously...nothing happens in them. Otomate just milking the series. I'd rather they'd skip any fandiscs to be honest. Heck, Hakuoki is one of my favorite games ever and I'd still take another game over Hakuoki SSL too.
I just want more Kent, tbh. He was the best hasubando.

As for CR... Sholmes route. That is all.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I finished one route of Code Realize and don't really like the other characters much so not feeling motivated to do the rest. I also don't really see how you could get a happy ending without ending up with
Victor
, so I guess I should play the others to find out. True route is
Lupin
route I guess? Cardia truly is a great heroine.

....Thinking about it I do have questions about
Finis, Aleister and Isaac
so I really should play the rest ^^; Now to figure out how Path of Genesis works.

The thing about C:R is you really do need to see every character's true ends to get the full, crashing experience of them all coming together in the true true end. Try to stick with it; you'll be well rewarded by 〜Future Blessings〜 if you like Finis ;3 Or Sholmès. Or anyone, ha ha.

Between this and Fata Morgana, Dramatic Create has way too many solid visual novels they could localize or offer to western publishers.

Unfortunately in the case of Fata Morgana, trying to sort things out between Novectacle, MangaGamer (from which the main and fan disc localizations would need to be licensed) and HuneX (dramatic create's parent company) has me very fatalistic about seeing -Collected Edition- in the West. On top of all that, a potential publisher would need to localize the Modern Day Chapter and numerous short stories.

I want to believe it will happen, and as a VN localizer myself I would offer my services for el cheapo to help bring it to fruition...

ss-hikaru

The thing about C:R is you really do need to see every character's true ends to get the full, crashing experience of them all coming together in the true true end. Try to stick with it; you'll be well rewarded by 〜Future Blessings〜 if you like Finis ;3 Or Sholmès. Or anyone, ha ha.

Yeah, you're right. I finished it about a week ago. I did like how all the non-true routes built up to provide background to the true route but honestly none of the other routes really appealed to me. Especially Lupin, although maybe I was just mad that he
was always boasting about how good he was then his info always led to a trap lol.
What is future blessings, the fandisc?

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Yeah, you're right. I finished it about a week ago. I did like how all the non-true routes built up to provide background to the true route but honestly none of the other routes really appealed to me. Especially Lupin, although maybe I was just mad that he
was always boasting about how good he was then his info always led to a trap lol.
What is future blessings, the fandisc?

Heh, I can get behind some of your complaints there. Yes, FB is the fan disc, but it's an unusually full-featured one. All five mains have after stories that spin off their individual true endings, a Sholmès route is added, a devastating what-if Finis route, a comedic route that explains where Lupin was always off to when he disappeared during the main story, and a pure jokeyhappycutesy set of eight omake scenarios that might be called "Delacroix II route".

Top Bottom