• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Otome Community Thread: Happiness isn't a limited commodity, my love is boundless!

ss-hikaru

Heh, I can get behind some of your complaints there. Yes, FB is the fan disc, but it's an unusually full-featured one. All five mains have after stories that spin off their individual true endings, a Sholmès route is added, a devastating what-if Finis route, a comedic route that explains where Lupin was always off to when he disappeared during the main story, and a pure jokeyhappycutesy set of eight omake scenarios that might be called "Delacroix II route".

I think you just sold me on the fandisc XD I was hoping that in the happy end, true route
Finis would accept you saving him
but it was not to be ;A; And
Delly
played a much smaller role than I expected. Maybe the fandisc will help redeem Lupin XP

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I think you just sold me on the fandisc XD I was hoping that in the happy end, true route
Finis would accept you saving him
but it was not to be ;A; And
Delly
played a much smaller role than I expected. Maybe the fandisc will help redeem Lupin XP

Mmmm. Based on these criteria, ~FB~ is definitely going to please you ;3

Shizuka

Heh, I can get behind some of your complaints there. Yes, FB is the fan disc, but it's an unusually full-featured one. All five mains have after stories that spin off their individual true endings, a Sholmès route is added, a devastating what-if Finis route, a comedic route that explains where Lupin was always off to when he disappeared during the main story, and a pure jokeyhappycutesy set of eight omake scenarios that might be called "Delacroix II route".

I need it now, before I completely forget all of the game's story.

Aokage

I need it now, before I completely forget all of the game's story.

The wait in Japan was two full years between Guardian of Rebirth and Future Blessings, and it'll be almost exactly the same in the US. At least it won't be "late" :3

jzbluz

Nightshade is out now.

I've never been this conflicted about a game. I want to buy it, but I know I'd never finish it since it's PC only. Ugh.

I am curious about the quality of the translation though.

It sucks that's probably what we will only get (or mostly get) when the Vita is officially dead. I have a windows tablet but it's not really comfortable for VNs. I'm honestly thinking of getting a GPD Win for VNs but that's like $400.

I haven't played long, and I'm probably the wrong person to ask but it's not super awful. It has some grammatical errors and awkward phrases, but it's not bad enough to ruin my enjoyment. The thing that bugs me the most are that the honorifics are all over the place with sama, master, and brother with the last one really bugging me because I just find it really stupid.

I bought Nightshade last night, hoping it'll run on my Windows tablet.

It runs fine on my cheap one, the only thing I haven't figured out is how to bring up the log since the tablet's keyboard doesn't work and I don't have a mouse.

Saphirax

It sucks that's probably what we will only get (or mostly get) when the Vita is officially dead. I have a windows tablet but it's not really comfortable for VNs. I'm honestly thinking of getting a GPD Win for VNs but that's like $400.

I haven't played long, and I'm probably the wrong person to ask but it's not super awful. It has some grammatical errors and awkward phrases, but it's not bad enough to ruin my enjoyment. The thing that bugs me the most are that the honorifics are all over the place with sama, master, and brother with the last one really bugging me because I just find it really stupid.

It runs fine on my cheap one, the only thing I haven't figured out is how to bring up the log since the tablet's keyboard doesn't work and I don't have a mouse.

Almost sounds like you're describing Persona 5 :p. I'm glad the translation isn't utter garbage though. I'll wait a few months, maybe for a sale, and then I'll buy the game. Probably.

jzbluz

Another thing about Nightshade is that the font is pretty awful. It looks like they used the romaji version of the JP font.

Almost sounds like you're describing Persona 5 :p. I'm glad the translation isn't utter garbage though. I'll wait a few months, maybe for a sale, and then I'll buy the game. Probably.

I'm playing that game, which is why I'll probably won't get a lot of time to play Nightshade, so I would say P5 has a better localization.

Saphirax

Another thing about Nightshade is that the font is pretty awful. It looks like they used the romaji version of the JP font.

I'm playing that game, which is why I'll probably won't get a lot of time to play Nightshade, so I would say P5 has a better localization.

Ah, bollocks. P5's translation is pretty stilted at times :/.

Code: Realize anime details to be announced soon, here (click image):

Cardia, what have they done to you?

Aokage

Cardia, what have they done to you?

Hah, way to de-emphasize your main character. If that image is representative of the anime character design (like, miko's art exactly?), I'm down though. Wonder who'll be playing Cardia.

Pleased to see this series experience so much success on both sides of the pond. It's deserving. And I'm ready for the official announcement of the PS4 twin pack any time now...

Saphirax

Hah, way to de-emphasize your main character. If that image is representative of the anime character design (like, miko's art exactly?), I'm down though. Wonder who'll be playing Cardia.

Pleased to see this series experience so much success on both sides of the pond. It's deserving. And I'm ready for the official announcement of the PS4 twin pack any time now...

It's a shame the anime adaptation will most likely be trash. And the ps4 version was announced...a week ago or so; includes both the game and the fandisc.

~~~~~~~~

Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds LE unboxing video.

Aokage

It's a shame the anime adaptation will most likely be trash. And the ps4 version was announced...a week ago or so; includes both the game and the fandisc.

Probably so. I can't imagine it's a TV series...

Oh, was the PS4 version officially announced?? I can't find the news anywhere. Has it only been in print mags so far?

Saphirax

Probably so. I can't imagine it's a TV series...

Oh, was the PS4 version officially announced?? I can't find the news anywhere. Has it only been in print mags so far?

Yeah, it was in a magazine but I can't remember which one. Otomate is busy promoting Hakuoki for ps4, so we'll probably hear more about C:R later.

Aokage

Yeah, it was in a magazine but I can't remember which one. Otomate is busy promoting Hakuoki for ps4, so we'll probably hear more about C:R later.

Ah, thanks! At the Code: Realize Fantastic Party, I'm guessing.

Has Aksys said anything at all datewise about Collar X Malice, Bad Apple Wars or the Code Realize fandisc?

Not yet, but rest assured they're coming. Groovy info dropping at the Aksys AnimeExpo event.

Aokage

Would it be selfish if I wanted Aksys to announce more otome games? Was hoping BAW would come out before AX.

Not in the slightest! And with how well they're doing (C: R in particular), I wouldn't be too surprised if a few exciting announcements were made at AX. As for BAW's release... I feel you, but better late than never!

Seriously? That's fantastic. I was stuck before because I wanted to support it but I don't own a ps4, but if it's coming to vita you totally have a purchase from me now :)

Thank you thank you :'D <3

Thank youuuuu :'D <3

Holy shit. I kinda wanted to avoid it after hearing about one of the VAs in the game, but if it's on Vita? Shiiiiit.

Would you mind PMing me? I'm curious if it's who I think it is. 8'D;;

Honestly we've been planning Vita support from the start because as an otome fan and Vita owner I know that's the best place for it, and I'm so happy to say the response has been very good for our announcement. We just have been waiting to get our dev kit and make sure it was running before we said anything one way or the other. But I'm so glad to have your guys support T3T &#128150;

Saphirax

So I've heard that some shady company is trying to localize Ken ga Kimi; they're apparently trying to get the fan translation, which is apparently a bit of a mess, for free. Was this known before? It sounds familiar.

Nice! I was going to buy it anyway, but this way it's more likely that I'll actually finish it.

Haha, I saw that, but I had no idea the fan translation was bad. That's probably why someone went for Ken ga Kimi - because it was already translated. Don't think anyone would be insane enough to localize that game otherwise.

Kirie

So I've heard that some shady company is trying to localize Ken ga Kimi; they're apparently trying to get the fan translation, which is apparently a bit of a mess, for free. Was this known before? It sounds familiar.

Oh no, seriously? Anywhere I can read about the company and/or what's going on with it?

Shizuka

Just got a Hakuoki Kyoto Winds review code. Since there's no embargo, I'll be starting tomorrow and can answer any kind of questions you guys have.

Just got a Hakuoki Kyoto Winds review code. Since there's no embargo, I'll be starting tomorrow and can answer any kind of questions you guys have.

Ahhh so exciting! :'D I just want to know how the romance is if it's part 1 and the romance happens later... mama needs her flirting +_+

Saphirax

So is this new Hakuoki yet another port, or a new story? Just order the LE that went up.

Both in a way. It's the same game but with 6 new routes. Also Kazama's route has been expanded. This is only the first part of the game however, the second one will come out later.

jzbluz

Oh no, seriously? Anywhere I can read about the company and/or what's going on with it?

Not sure, I only know about it because I follow one of the translators on twitter. Apparently the person who's in charge of the translation does want to take the offer even though the translator I follow finds it distasteful.

Not Hakuoki related, but are you getting a Period Cube review code?

No romance, just despair.

>:D

For all your flirting needs there's Ryouma.

This is what I was most curious about. I'm still not sure I want to read Hakuoki again, but I'm definitely not reading the first part without having the second part.

So is this new Hakuoki yet another port, or a new story? Just order the LE that went up.

How did you manage it? It won't let me :( It says it's not available in my region even tho I'm ordering from the US store...

MY BODY IS READY

also

SHINPACHIIIIII ;3;

EDIT: HAAHAHAHA WOW I AM A DUMBASS, I DIDN'T FILL IN MY STATE AND THAT'S WHY 8'D;;;;

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Both in a way. It's the same game but with 6 new routes. Also Kazama's route has been expanded. This is only the first part of the game however, the second one will come out later.

So compared to the other versions, would this be considered the "superior version"? I feel like I ask this every time a new version comes out :p 3DS added stuff from the PSP version, and PS3 added stuff from the 3DS version. Does this contains all the extras from those, too?

Saphirax

So compared to the other versions, would this be considered the "superior version"? I feel like I ask this every time a new version comes out :p 3DS added stuff from the PSP version, and PS3 added stuff from the 3DS version. Does this contains all the extras from those, too?

Yep - fandisc, additional events and some new CGs. It's the definitive release.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yep - fandisc, additional events and some new CGs. It's the definitive release.

Gotcha. Heh, I own all of the other LEs and they've all been backlogg'd since :/ Guess I can now play through on Vita (and then finally watch through the anime).

Shizuka

Ahhh so exciting! :'D I just want to know how the romance is if it's part 1 and the romance happens later... mama needs her flirting +_+

I'll definitely let you know. I don't know how long it'll take for me to get to the end of the game and see where's the cut-off considering the previous releases, but I'll share here.

Great to see your Enju avatar!

Not Hakuoki related, but are you getting a Period Cube review code?

I'll definitely go for it, just need to see if there'll be an embargo when I get it.

Saphirax

I'll definitely let you know. I don't know how long it'll take for me to get to the end of the game and see where's the cut-off considering the previous releases, but I'll share here.

Great to see your Enju avatar!

I'll definitely go for it, just need to see if there'll be an embargo when I get it.

We're finally getting the otome heroines we deserve.

Oh, and since I like spreading despair - there's a route in Hakuoki that's longer than Hijikata's :p.

Top Bottom